Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria (14660 Views)

Checkout Top Three Most Chosen Brands In The World / Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo / Dangote, MTN Emerge Most Admired African Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by BrandSpurNG: 8:53am On Sep 15, 2018
Indomie has emerged as the most chosen FMCG brand by consumers in Nigeria. According to Brand Footprint, Kantar Worldpanel’s annual report and its ranking of most chosen brands across the world, Indomie managed to be chosen by shoppers on the shelves 464m times. The brand was followed by Maggi and Cowbell.

The Top 10 most chosen brands in Nigeria also include Peak (#4), Milo (#5) and SoKlin (#6). Dano gained a presence in Nigerian households and manages this year to climb 7 positions and become the tenth most chosen brand in the country. The rest of the Top 10 positions are secured this year by Golden Penny (#7), Aji-No-Moto (#cool and Onga(#9).

The brands were unveiled at Kantar Awards 2018 held in Lagos recently. Aggrey Maposa, Managing Director of Kantar TNS Nigeria said for any brand to succeed in any market, it has to get its penetration and frequency right. He added that the purpose of the award is to celebrate brands that have been outstanding in the country.

The Brand Footprint ranking measures how many times any FMCG brand is bought at the point of sale. It measures how many households bought each brand and how many times they did it within one year. The most chosen brands on the shelves globally and in any region or country make up the different rankings included in the report.

Among the 50 most chosen brands in the country Power Oil(#15) was the one that climbed the most positions (+20) thanks to innovation, communication and tapping into the consumer trend for smaller pack-sizes during the recession. Sunlight(+15) and Hollandia (+15) also managed to be picked more on the shelves, gained positions and reached [19] and [39] in the ranking respectively.

Although many of the most chosen brands are food and drink products, there are also health and beauty and homecare brands in the ranking. Eva, Premier and CloseUp are the three most chosen brands in the health and beauty sector whereas the Top 3 brands in home care are So Klin, Sunlight and Canoe.

The Brand Footprint ranking shows that most of the growing brands enlarged their shopper base. “Strategies aiming to get new consumers are consistently more successful than those ones aiming to increase loyalty and frequency of consumption,” said Ifedayo Akinyele, Regional Insight Director (Africa & Middle East). “Brands wanting to grow have to prioritise finding new shoppers to buy the brand”.

Meanwhile, according to the 2018 edition of Kantar Worldpanel’s Brand Footprint report, there are 17 FMCG brands that are chosen by consumers more than one billion times a year globally. Coca-Cola is the world’s most chosen brand, picked from the shelves 5.8 bn. times in a year. Colgate and Maggi both achieve podium positions, being also the world’s most chosen personal care and food brands. Colgate is the only brand chosen by more than half of the global population—with 62% penetration globally. Maggi is the fastest-growing Top 50 brand with a global presence—with 14% growth in Consumer Reach Points (CRPs), which has helped the brand to rise one position to become third in the ranking this year.

Six out of the 17 brands chosen more than one billion times in a year is owned by Unilever, which leads the manufacturers ranking with 36 bn CRPs per year. Unilever’s portfolio includes Lifebuoy in 4th position and Sunsilk and Knorr among the Top 10. Dove, Lux and Sunlight are also Unilever’s brands in the billionaire club. Two Pepsico brands, Lay’s and Pepsi, jointly with Nescafé and Indomie– Indofood’s very successful brand in Asia and Africa – made the remaining positions in the Top 10. Nestlé, P&G’s Downy, Palmolive and Sprite are the other brands that join this year the exclusive club of global brands chosen by consumers more than one billion times annually.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/indomie-maggi-others-emerge-most-chosen-brands-in-nigeria/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by izzou(m): 9:00am On Sep 15, 2018
grin

Some people will just create award and use their own hand to spoil it

What is Ajinomoto doing there? angry

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by Pidginwhisper: 7:56am On Sep 16, 2018
See nonsense list. Where's Garri..Garri been dey top that list for over 200yrs. Wake me up when all of dem combine don dey sell pass garri

Oya hit me grin

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by Yeecar(m): 7:56am On Sep 16, 2018
They stood the test of time.
Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 16, 2018
Ok
Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by ceeafuejay(m): 7:57am On Sep 16, 2018
grin shocked shocked cool[b][/b] That's serious!
Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by SaintHilary(m): 7:58am On Sep 16, 2018
Dis result issa scam..
At least a condom product is supposed to top d healthcare department... Nigeria n 419

7 Likes

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by opeyehmmy(m): 7:59am On Sep 16, 2018
Ok.
Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by nepapole(m): 8:00am On Sep 16, 2018
?
Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by usebog: 8:01am On Sep 16, 2018
Ok
Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by johnaruson(m): 8:02am On Sep 16, 2018
Maggi is generic, the will lose their brand name to the public.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by AllahSWT: 8:04am On Sep 16, 2018
lol agreed on Indomie and Maggi

buyer : madam give me maggi #20

seller : which one? maggi star, royco abi knor

buyer : no i don't use star please give me maggi knor grin

buyer : madam i need Indomie

seller : which one? I have chicki chicki tummy tummy and Indomie grin

buyer : ok give me big chicki chicki Indomie grin

this is how to know the brand incharge and in control of people's mind cheesy

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by lambsbread: 8:04am On Sep 16, 2018
All noodles are types of indomie;
All seasonings are types of maggi

Give it to them. They deserve it

30 Likes

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by chrisbaxtian(m): 8:09am On Sep 16, 2018
shocked shocked shocked So you mean dangote is not among?! I don't believe it!

4 Likes

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by Yohh: 8:09am On Sep 16, 2018
Lipton

2 Likes

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 8:14am On Sep 16, 2018
Do people still use aji no moto?

13 Likes

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by Jakasibo(m): 8:15am On Sep 16, 2018
Maclean/close-up should be there
Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by donogaga(m): 8:17am On Sep 16, 2018
SoKlin Detergent powder.
indomie.

Both are products of Indonesian companies.

impressive.
Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by gamechanger1: 8:17am On Sep 16, 2018
LuciferCristi:
Where's Gold Circle, Orijin, Guinness & Pears Vaseline?

Indomie children are finally making their voices heard grin

Hope they won't vote Osita Iheme for President come 2019.

*spits angry

Bros!!!!!! This Sunday morning?

4 Likes

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 16, 2018
BrandSpurNG:
Indomie has emerged as the most chosen FMCG brand by consumers in Nigeria. According to Brand Footprint, Kantar Worldpanel’s annual report and its ranking of most chosen brands across the world, Indomie managed to be chosen by shoppers on the shelves 464m times. The brand was followed by Maggi and Cowbell.

The Brand Footprint ranking shows that most of the growing brands enlarged their shopper base. “Strategies aiming to get new consumers are consistently more successful than those ones aiming to increase loyalty and frequency of consumption,” said Ifedayo Akinyele, Regional Insight Director (Africa & Middle East). “Brands wanting to grow have to prioritise finding new shoppers to buy the brand”...

Colgate and Maggi both achieve podium positions, being also the world’s most chosen personal care and food brands. Colgate is the only brand chosen by more than half of the global population—with 62% penetration globally. Maggi is the fastest-growing Top 50 brand with a global presence—with 14% growth in Consumer Reach Points (CRPs), which has helped the brand to rise one position to become third in the ranking this year.

Thanks for sharing these insights

I find Ifedayo Akinyele's comments intriguing.

Is consumer acquisition more important than consumer loyalty? How does that strategy play out in the long-term?

And Maggi! They certainly aren't as attention-seeking as some of the other food seasoning wannabes. And they aren't as loud as they were back in the 80s & 90s when they even had a TV show.

They must be doing something right

Thanks again

3 Likes

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by Gkay1(m): 8:19am On Sep 16, 2018
yfgjjh
Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by Premiumwriter: 8:19am On Sep 16, 2018
I wan buy omo
Which one?

Klin

7 Likes

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by Bitterleafsoup: 8:21am On Sep 16, 2018
Hence the reason for diabetes and high blood pressure.

1 Like

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by stano2(m): 8:26am On Sep 16, 2018
Maggi no need advert

Me : I want to buy noodles

Seller : Ehn

Me: Noodles

Seller : Ehn

Me : Ok, indomie

Seller : Tummy tummy indomie, Dangote indomie or Supreme indomie??

Me : Indomie indomie ☹️

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by Opinionated: 8:27am On Sep 16, 2018
I agree with this.
Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by Melison(m): 8:30am On Sep 16, 2018
Good one
Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by CharlesJok3r: 8:36am On Sep 16, 2018
Sumal product didn't make it to the list.

We all know the nigeria market belongs to these coy : frieslandcampina, arla, unilever, P&G, cocacola, promasidor, wings/wings food, pepsico,golden penney, nestle, cadbury, NIG-BREW, kellogs, chivita, uac. etc

2 Likes

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by AmOnwaEnugu1(m): 8:37am On Sep 16, 2018
LuciferCristi:
Where's Gold Circle, Orijin, Guinness & Pears Vaseline?

Indomie children are finally making their voices heard grin

Hope they won't vote Osita Iheme for President come 2019.

*spits angry

Imagine indomie to lead in this kain situation. Next thing is price increments.

Where's Nairabet, Nairabet and the rest betting companies?? Abi no follow??

Just asking.... �����

2 Likes

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by AmOnwaEnugu1(m): 8:40am On Sep 16, 2018
Bizibi:
Do people still use aji no moto?

Check Northerner states and part of south west..... Na there u go see the magic of Aji-no-moto

4 Likes

Re: Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria by seunfly: 8:43am On Sep 16, 2018
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges / Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project / Fire Outbreak At Rida Plastics, Barracks Oshodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.