Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document (30877 Views)

The Crowd Stopped MC For Skipping Peter Obi's Name At Wigwe's Wake Keep / Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term / Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2018
greyham:

Then she is not eligible to occupy a public office in Nigeria you smart guy. Unless you want to tell me we should start appointing citizens from other countries to head our ministries.

angry
blame that on the president who did not know he shouldn't hire foreigners to his cabinet and the Nigerian law which allowed such to happen. Don't blame her..she just saw and snatched a lucrative job like anyone would
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by mvem(m): 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2018
NigeriaIsDoomed:
God bless you. Is her crime different from the president's crime? No.
If I were in her position I wouldn't resign until Buhari resigns.
Nigeria is doomed, we don't need a prophet to tell us.
...she must have been advised to resign than to be sacked which is more shameful... She probably was in a helpless situation... Her legal team might had advise her that she has no case if she goes to the court and will be flawed so the presidency had to make her resign

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2018
airsaylongcon:

She said she applied for and obtained a Nigerian Passport at 34. Nigerian passports are issued only to Citizens of Nigeria. And all citizens of Nigeria irrespective of where they schooled are mandated to serve the country if they graduated under the age of 30.
Her first nationality is still British. She is a native born British and a naturalized Nigerian. In certain countries, that will disqualify you from certain high offices. For example, in America a naturalized citizen can be a governor,senator etc but you have to be a native born American to be president. She should never have been minister to begin with. Blame our last laws.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2018
CSTR1005:

Then why did she provide a false document of exemption?

In the UK where she comes from, not even the Prime Minister can save you if you are caught forging.

It would take a royal pardon from the queen.
according to her, she was duped by the person who promised to help her get the certificate. I have no reason to doubt her. It is very believable that she was a naive foreigner who was exploited by one of our sharp guys here. She really qualified for the exemption certificate so I see no reason why she would have intentionally forged it.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by unilorin: 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2018
She must have stepped on toes.,,,, that is why this is happening to her...
This is standard in Nigeria
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by jchioma: 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:
Wahala dey...

But Buhari doesn't have WAEC...Why is nobody talking about that?

That's because he could afford 13 SANs to defend the truth in court.

But the truth will defend itself.

Like Kemi Adeosun like Muhammedu Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by youngsahito(m): 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2018
it is only poor man child that is been oppressed in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by gare(f): 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2018
Blue3k:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/283824-adeosun-risks-14-year-jail-term-for-skipping-nysc-forging-document.html

The issue is that she has ended her career has an accountant, do you know what that means, she lacks integrity, she can never be trusted, it's not about going to jail, she could be fine because she is a first offender.

But she can never be gainfully employed in any of the big time financial organisation or contest for elective position, I feel for her, but wish her the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by Ayoswit(f): 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2018
kennys:

Who is the 'old man'? grin Are you afraid to tell us ni?
My dear, if I mention his name now, the Bmc crew will come for my head.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2018
The Damage She's Done To Her Family Name Is More Than Jail Time,not To Mention Her Career.Ask Salisu Buhari
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by ziga: 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2018
NYSC certificate??

Much ado about nonsense!!!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by fkj950ax(m): 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2018
She didn't leave Nigeria to school abroad even at University/Polytechnic level.
She had all her education in London. ALL
NYSC stipulates 30 Years.
She didn't come to Nigeria until 34.
Is the Exemption Certificate forged? YES
How was it procured? That's the question to ask and get answers to...
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by CSTR1005: 7:09pm On Sep 15, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
according to her, she was duped by the person who promised to help her get the certificate. I have no reason to doubt her. It is very believable that she was a naive foreigner who was exploited by one of our sharp guys here. She really qualified for the exemption certificate so I see no reason why she would have intentionally forged it.
How are we sure she didn't try to cut corners and got a fake? Is there proof?

Go to NYSC office and see Nigerian returnees trying to cut corners.
So how are we sure adeosun is different ?

And secondly, ignorance is no excuse in law. You suffer the consequences none withstanding.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by bixton(m): 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2018
mvem:
..dont you think this has already tarnish her public image..

Nope.
Whatever that happens does not in any way undermine her.

If she does not get any job in less than 6 months then I'll go by your statement.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by degamemaster(m): 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2018
Kemi is a professional forger
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by mvem(m): 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2018
bixton:

Nope.
Whatever that happens does not in any way undermine her.

If she does not get any job in less than 6 months then I'll go by your statement.
by resigning she has accepted that she forged a document....

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by bixton(m): 7:37pm On Sep 15, 2018
mvem:
by resigning she has accepted that she forged a document....

Don't interpret what was not said.

She resigned because she does not want her name to be on the lips of Nigerians who don't know how to prioritize issues.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by Babanah: 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2018
Let the truth be told. She only became a Nigerian national as well as British at age 34. So the conditions to serve under the NYSC has elapsed. The conditions being (i) you must be a Nigerian and (ii) must be under 30 years of age. If you meet the above conditions and yet did not serve then you need a certificate of exemption from the NYSC. In Kemi's case she did not need a certificate of exemption as she was ill advised. She was just too naive for the Nigerian system.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by orisa37: 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2018
Ok Blue3k.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 15, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
blame that on the president who did not know he shouldn't hire foreigners to his cabinet and the Nigerian law which allowed such to happen. Don't blame her..she just saw and snatched a lucrative job like anyone would

Even when it means she will commit a crime?

Please be serious
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by Swift001(m): 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2018
Ayoswit:
I also heard that one certain old man from daura also forged his waec certificate, how true is that?
Thank you. At least she went to school unlike our president

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by mvem(m): 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2018
bixton:

Don't interpret what was not said.

She resigned because she does not want her name to be on the lips of Nigerians who don't know how to prioritize issues.
...i don't think you understand what happened... How would mere speculations from people make her just resign. She could have exonerated herself but she choose not too because she had no case to present... Her legal team would have advised her that she had little chance succeeding in the court which will bring embarrassment... So she most have been advised to resign which is normal when a public servant is involved in a controversy... Her public image is already tarnished because she will be remembered as the minister that forged a certificate

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by bixton(m): 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2018
mvem:
...i don't think you understand what happened... How would mere speculations from people make her just resign. She could have exonerated herself but she choose not too because she had no case to present... Her legal team would have advised her that she had little chance succeeding in the court which will bring embarrassment... So she most have been advised to resign which is normal when a public servant is involved in a controversy... Her public image is already tarnished because she will be remembered as the minister that forged a certificate

When you play into the hands of politicians then you'll imagine everything .
Kindly find out what was filed in court against her?

So you think Nigerians will remember her as a minister who forged nysc certificate.
....and this same Nigerians will not remember the politicians who stole public funds.

Which is more important and which will tarnish one's public image?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by mvem(m): 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2018
bixton:

When you play into the hands of politicians then you'll imagine everything .
Kindly find out what was filed in court against her?

So you think Nigerians will remember her as a minister who forged nysc certificate.
....and this same Nigerians will not remember the politicians who stole public funds.

Which is more important and which will tarnish one's public image?
....she is not a politician but a technocrat..we live in a world of double standard... Somethings can be tolerated because he/she is a politician moreover the people that are said to have stolen public funds can say there are no facts against them but speculations... In fact go look at some politicians or Technocrats that were found to have forged documents and see what became of them after all

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by J2381: 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2018
Bitterleafsoup:
why 4 years ago you swore your support was all about fighting corruption.
You swore Buhari was the messiah am not surprised you are soft on action like your hero.
# byebuhari
don't get it twisted, if this was the era of GEJ, this would have been different and Adeosun would be strutting up and down with her head held high.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by Ken4agent(m): 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2018
lonelydora:
Even though this is the law, but remember Nigeria is an animal farm where some animals are more equal than others.

Nothing will happen to Kemi. Media will shout and the noise will die down.

Animal farm indeed grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by gly(m): 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2018
klasys:
So how many years for Buhari for not having WAEC certificate.

I blamed her for the resignation, she should know that this is Nigeria, nobody is a saint, even the idiot that demand for her dismissal on this forums and other have a lots skeleton in their cupboard.

I think she doesn't have the heart, she should have completely ignor all the noise, he people that

Except you don't know how this country work. Those who are clamour for her head are political opposition, Tribalist & jobless Nigeria youth who think that because he/she has a Green paper at home, he/she is better than those who don't, with their empty brain.

Can someone tell me who this woman kill? Who is the victim of this accusation against her? Don't tell me useless Nigeria graduate.

Have they finished fight the President on the same certificate? NO

Does that now mean that the president has a certificate?

This woman fvck up big time, by listen to her enemy out there.

Bros please show a little concern for this country! Is this the country you desire for our generation unborn?
We must realise that our actions/comments can make this country better or worst than this. This is not about APC/PDP but our unvorn generation.

#buhariisamistaketonigeria

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by bixton(m): 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2018
mvem:
....she is not a politician but a technocrat..we live in a world of double standard... Somethings can be tolerated because he/she is a politician moreover the people that are said to have stolen public funds can say there are no facts against them but speculations... In fact go look at some politicians or Technocrats that were found to have forged documents and see what became of them after all

Like I said, the maximum will be 6 months for her to get a job.
Till then I'll know.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by Ayoswit(f): 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2018
kennys:

Who is the 'old man'? grin Are you afraid to tell us ni?
grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by Bigdeeee: 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
NYSC should be scrapped. The single most useless government initiative in the history of Nigeria. What’s the usefulness of that useless NYSC certificate relative to individual productivity or academic prowess? Rubbish!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by precious1967(m): 9:54pm On Sep 15, 2018
Let her go and dance to her music
Re: Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document by Daboomb: 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2018
Racoon:
By a government that have already said "forgery is not corruption" & have now been confirmed they did all they can but failed to find a way of padding this criminality? Fingers crossed.

You people should just STFU! Bad-belle people

The Manager of visionScape is British and he is employed in Nigeria by the Lagos State governmrnt ....... Show me his NYSC Certificate?

Kemi Adeosun is a British Citizen, she never stepped foot into Nigeria until she was 34yrs, she never schooled in Nigeria as well.

If you say it is because she has nigerian 'roots' then that is not in the law of NYSC,

She does not need an NYSC cert to be a Finance Minister, just like the M.D/CEO of VisionScape.
That she is above age, that she is a 'foreigner', that she never stepped foot or worked in Nigeria before her NYSC-over-age, all points in one direction - She does not need the cert nor fall into the category of those who does.

Even that she approached NYSC staff and they gave her a "Certificate" whicj turned out to fake, IS NOT HER FAULT.
That she presented what she was given by NYSC staff and it went through screening by so many Govt agency, including the NASS and the DSS, is not her problem.

Take it from me, she was just "acting her Britishness" by resigning honorably, as they do in britain whenever your name is mentioned in connection to anything scandalous (We all know the typical nigerian will not resign and we have had and still have many of them, including currently sitting Senators, Presidential aspirants, Governors, e.t.c).
All these noise about jail term will fall flat on their face because these laws does not apply to her. She is Britico. tongue tongue tongue
At best, see her as an expatruate, exployed by Nigerian Govt, on the same level as the CEO of VisionScape.

NB: This post is not personally directed at you, l just used your post as 'reference' to all and similarly silly post of same vein.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Lifts Twitter Ban / Oby Ezekwesili Blasts Nigerian Senate, Calls It Gathering Of "Beer Parlour Chat" / Kaduna State Adopts Measures To Respond To Looming Economic Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.