Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? (7721 Views)

Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? / Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? / Programming Without Stress: The Easiest Way To Learn Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by dometome: 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2018
Frankicent:

HTML ... still mastering Css... today I came across bootstrap... via w3schools seriously i kinda more complicated ooo...
no one can master css

2 Likes

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2018
dometome:
no one can master css

lol are you serious. What about those gurus
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by dometome: 9:58am On Sep 22, 2018
Frankicent:

lol are you serious. What about those gurus
they did not master it, all you need is just the basics, from there, you can find help on anything using the cheat sheet, that is why bootstrap was made in the first place. All you need is the basics like, knowing the difference between inline css, the css you put at the top of the Html codes and the css that exists as a separate file and how to connect this css file to your html codes. Also the difference between padding and margin, border, how to put obejcts in the center, floats, clear floats, media queries, when to use id or classes, font-size, colors, background colors, how to hide stuff or remove it using css, how to add responsiveness to a page, how to stack things inline insted of html's default each on top of the other and a few other things, after spending at least two months practicing, you will never make the most beutiful web page, but you can understand what each code does, then you learn bootsrap and/or any other framework to help you make the realy beutiful and responsive web pages. If only I was told this ealier I would have been very far by now, Six months is enough for one to start earning money, only if you do it the right way.

You can ask Brad Traversy about it. He is equally what you might call a css guru or Rob Percival. I have thier courses on my PC.

2 Likes

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 10:01am On Sep 22, 2018
dometome:
they did not master it, all you need is just the basics, from there, you can find help on anything using the cheat sheet, that is why bootstrap was made in the first place. All you need is the basics like, knowing the difference between inline css, the css you put at the top of the Html codes and the css that exists as a separate file and how to connect this css file to your html codes. Also the difference between padding and margin, border, how to put obejcts in the center, floats, clear floats, media queries, when to use id or classes, font-size, colors, background colors, how to hide stuff or remove it using css, how to add responsiveness to a page, how to stack things inline insted of html's default each on top of the other and a few other things, after spending at least two months practicing, you will never make the most beutiful web page, but you can understand what each code does, then you learn bootsrap and/or any other framework to help you make the realy beutiful and responsive web pages. If only I was told this ealier I would have been very far by now, Six months is enough for one to start earning money, only if you do it the right way.

You can ask Brad Traversy about it. He is equally what you might call a css guru or Rob Percival. I have thier courses on my PC.

summary..

Just master the basics and you good to go..

Brad Traversy about it. He is equally what you might call a css guru or Rob Percival... Can you start with me there courses?
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by dometome: 10:10am On Sep 22, 2018
Frankicent:

summary..

Just master the basics and you good to go..

Brad Traversy about it. He is equally what you might call a css guru or Rob Percival... Can you start with me there courses?
you should begin to learn how to be comfortable with long reads, if not you will find it difficult to do long typing. For those courses, you know how to download movies illegally? Do it that way. Just google it.

1 Like

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 10:33am On Sep 22, 2018
dometome:
you should begin to learn how to be comfortable with long reads, if not you will find it difficult to do long typing. For those courses, you know how to download movies illegally? Do it that way. Just google it.

alright thanks
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by dometome: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2018
Frankicent:

alright thanks
Don't be angry with me for telling you to google it. There are two reasons for that, the reading will be very long and this forum's anti spam bot will ban me, it have tried it several times and got banned everytime. But here is a tip. You see the word you use B!t t0rrent or replace rhe bit with the letter u.
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 8:47pm On Sep 22, 2018
dometome:
Don't be angry with me for telling you to google it. There are two reasons for that, the reading will be very long and this forum's anti spam bot will ban me, it have tried it several times and got banned everytime. But here is a tip. You see the word you use B!t t0rrent or replace rhe bit with the letter u.

na am not angry.... thanks please you didn't tell me the title of the books
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by dometome: 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2018
Frankicent:

na am not angry.... thanks please you didn't tell me the title of the books
they are nit books but videos.
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 9:54pm On Sep 22, 2018
dometome:
they are nit books but videos.
OK I don't know the keywords I'll use to search this videos.
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by dometome: 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2018
Frankicent:

Rob percival: the complete web developer course
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by dometome: 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2018
Frankicent:

Rob percival: the complete web developer course.

Search any google and look for t 0 r r en t se ar ch en gi nes, choose one, then in that se ar ch en gi ne, type U/de/my (without the slashes of course, you should understand why) web development. But before then you must learn to use U t0 rr en t to get paid files free of charge.
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 10:30pm On Sep 22, 2018
dometome:
Rob percival: the complete web developer course.

Search any google and look for t 0 r r en t se ar ch en gi nes, choose one, then in that se ar ch en gi ne, type U/de/my (without the slashes of course, you should understand why) web development. But before then you must learn to use U t0 rr en t to get paid files free of charge.

cool .. not too worry I do know how to download torrent files.
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by dometome: 9:47am On Sep 23, 2018
Frankicent:

cool .. not too worry I do know how to download torrent files.
good
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by philo4realz: 11:35am On Sep 23, 2018
Millz404:

Where is somebody without any programming knowledge suppose to start from?

Web development is nt the only aspect of programming u know
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by mcqwerty(m): 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2018
Your attention span is 1hr for now - stick to it. Thats your limit for now. Get fun ebooks from headfirst labs. They present the materials with real life scenarios you can relate with.
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by nijabazaar: 8:29pm On Sep 23, 2018
I do mine by listening to Beyonce... Yes i said it. Her music has a way of keeping me alert and still not intruding into my programming space.

Currently battling with Tensorflow. Aching in every fold of my brain
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by asalimpo(m): 11:00am On Jan 26, 2019
Frankicent:
Hey as we all know if you not a programmer you'll be paid less... Am working in a place where I have access to learn programming online... it's quite fun learning from w3schools.com cause, of it's well defined tutorial.

The main problem am having now is I get tired quick when am learning programming. I also feel sleepy and lazy after studying for 1 hour or less..

Seriously, I want to be a good programmer but this weakness is killing my joy...

I don't know how you guys do it.... Any help you could suggest for me please...

dyu still feel d same? What's your progress so far?
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by GreatAchiever1: 11:44am On Jan 26, 2019
Same here man, sometimes im so earger to learn. Other times im bored to continue. I need some kind of motivation. Or even partners sef if possible
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Mikelm: 11:47am On Jan 26, 2019
Grab a cup of coffee during learning/coding, go play some game. E.g ps4 (soccer ) when tired, then come back to your coding /tutorial. Works for me. cool
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by GreatAchiever1: 3:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
Mikelm:
Grab a cup of coffee during learning/coding, go play some game. E.g ps4 (soccer ) when tired, then come back to your coding /tutorial. Works for me. cool
If i try dat one ehn, dat is the end for the day. Na till 2morrow be dat cheesy
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by habib483(m): 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2019
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 9:27pm On Jan 26, 2019
asalimpo:

adapting but still feeling lazy
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 10:13pm On Jan 26, 2019
asalimpo:
improving a bit wouldn't lie .
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by SilverG33k(m): 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2019
Frankicent:

na you sabi.... Someone is feeling Lqzy and you saying it's not my passion .. nawa oo

I swear bro its not your calling... You wanna know why?

I develop Android apps and make digital painting with Photoshop

While I can use 8hours straight up without even leaving the system just writing codes, I can't use 2 hours editing a picture, it would feel as if I'm about to die of boredom, 2018, I totally stopped collecting photo editing jobs while I always love to code.... Its easy to say I have passion for coding while I don't in the case of photo editing
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 1:33am On Jan 30, 2019
SilverG33k:

I swear bro its not your calling... You wanna know why?

I develop Android apps and make digital painting with Photoshop

While I can use 8hours straight up without even leaving the system just writing codes, I can't use 2 hours editing a picture, it would feel as if I'm about to die of boredom, 2018, I totally stopped collecting photo editing jobs while I always love to code.... Its easy to say I have passion for coding while I don't in the case of photo editing

ok
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 1:36am On Jan 30, 2019
Millz404:
Where did u start from... Hope you did not skip html and css and jump straight into c++

had basics of html nd css. Personal change to python basic.

Guess the foundation is not solid.
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 1:37am On Jan 30, 2019
Basiljoe:
No one is born with a passion. Determination and hard work makes all the difference. You could start from HTML and CSS then proceed to tougher languages.

thank you for those who said its not my calling hope they see this.
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 1:43am On Jan 30, 2019
Goodlyone:
Passion! That's just it, without passion, learning will be boring of course.

As someone said here, you might start learning with the simple ones.

I think you should try SoloLearn, their platform is very interactive and fun.

thanks
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 1:45am On Jan 30, 2019
4dor:
Funny how everybody here is just dropping big grammar without an idea of the problem. What the Op has is called a short attention span(I still battle with this an experienced Software Engineer). The only solution is to use the pomodoro technique. Google it, read about it, once you understand it download the application and you're good to go.

nice don't know experience Engineer battle with this.

1 Like

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 30, 2019
Millz404:

Where is somebody without any programming knowledge suppose to start from?
HTML CSS aren't programming languages
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by vezycash(m): 5:37pm On Jan 30, 2019
I've read through every comment here before adding mine.

First. Stop using w3schools. It's crap. Contains lots of outdated info and some wrong ones too. It's like reading through windows documentation - it's torture.

I'm assuming internet data is not an issue with your company.

Here's what you can do.

If you don't want to spend money just go - to Youtube. Search for any language you're interested in. If you don't have any idea, write, "I want to learn programming" or "What language to start" or "best programming language for beginners."

If you have issues concentrating like I currently do, IGNORE long videos. There are programming channels with hours of videos but broken into 10 minute self contained lessons. Use those.

If you don't like a video or you find your self sleeping, tuning out or the guy's just taking forever to get to the point, close the video. There are thousands more there.

If on the other hand you are willing to spend a little cash. Less than 5k, I can get you a couple udemy courses. Straight to the point, practical stuff. I've done the same for other nairalanders.

I've even got one platform where the video player is the code editor. You can edit the code that the author has typed - right from the video!!!

You've done well by reaching out for help. Free or paid learning method - the foundation of programming is not difficult. If you have a question, lemme know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lets Start A Real Web-deveopment Course Here Html+css+javascript+php+mysql / Vb 6.0/vb .NET & Intranet/internet Application Development / Learning To Code Is Hard!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.