Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? (2542 Views)

Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) / Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) / Nigerian Man Drops Bundles Of 100 Dollar Bills For His Child To Play With.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Redman44(m): 2:54am On Sep 16, 2018
I played with these Cowboys and Indian Toys when I was in Primary School in the 80's. I used to buy them for 30 kobo to 50 kobo per piece then from those women that sold household goods in their Shops cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. I had loads of them and I played with them by placing them on a table on our verandah and banging on the table softly to make them move. I considered the ones that fell down dead in the heat of battle. Did you play with these Cowboy and Indian warriors and soldiers toys too? What are your memories about them smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley?

I am just having memories of my childhood.

10 Likes

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by dimexy247(m): 3:11am On Sep 16, 2018
I don’t have time for nonsense.
Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by pacino26(m): 3:15am On Sep 16, 2018
You forgot to add the green commandoes cool cool cool cool Sweet old days.

7 Likes

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Redman44(m): 3:17am On Sep 16, 2018
dimexy247:

Bro, you don't have to comment on the post if you don't like the topic. There is no point rubbishing someone's else post, okay cool cool cool

It is a free world. Move on to other threads. Live and let's live. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Redman44(m): 3:22am On Sep 16, 2018
pacino26:

Thanks, My Brother. I remember the Green Commandoes. They were plastic soldiers. I bought them too, but I had more of these Cowboy and Indian Soldiers toys. I was always buying them. Do you think children nowadays will be fascinated with the Cowboy and Indian soldier toys? What do you think? I don't want to believe our kids are only interested in Computer games.

1 Like

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by dimexy247(m): 3:25am On Sep 16, 2018
Redman44:

Bro, you don't have to comment on the post if you don't like the topic. There is no point rubbishing someone's else post, okay cool cool cool

It is a free world. Move on to other threads. Live and let's live. Cheers.

How’s that my concern? If you can brag about a thread, what would Seun the owner do? Please, today is Sunday.
Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by pacino26(m): 3:50am On Sep 16, 2018
Redman44:

Thanks, My Brother. I remember the Green Commandoes. They were plastic soldiers. I bought them too, but I had more of these Cowboy and Indian Soldiers toys. I was always buying them. Do you think children nowadays will be fascinated with the Cowboy and Indian soldier toys? What do you think? I don't want to believe our kids are only interested in Computer games.

Those days we had what I term "creative imagination/visualization". We made things up, plan, fought and won battles in our head. It was all fun. I think they may get fascinated with these types of we choose to play with them. I think the parents of today see the PC/Phone games as easy escape from the too energetic kids.

Got some boys coming up. The last set of toys didn't make it into the second week. Tyres and occupants all gone, I de wait for those NL auto dealers that buys scrap cars to make me an offer. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Redman44(m): 4:08am On Sep 16, 2018
pacino26:

Those days we had what I term "creative imagination/visualization". We made things up, plan, fought and won battles in our head. It was all fun. I think they may get fascinated with these types of we choose to play with them. I think the parents of today see the PC/Phone games as easy escape from the too energetic kids.

Got some boys coming up. The last set of toys didn't make it into the second week. Tyres and occupants all gone, I de wait for those NL auto dealers that buys scrap cars to make me an offer. cheesy cheesy

Thanks. I have this feeling that retro toys are going to be a big hit if we introduce them to our Children. Retro toys like the Commando Plastic Soldiers and these Cowboy and Indian Soldiers toys smiley smiley smiley smiley. These retro toys are still selling in Europe, North America and Asia. Children of nowadays in Nigeria are not that creative because everything is now placed into Computers or Phones, which is not a good thing in the long run. Yes, you are right with your observation.
Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by meobizy(f): 6:49am On Sep 16, 2018
Yeah I did. I played with them in the early 90s thereabout. I don old o.

1 Like

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Sirmuel1(m): 9:19am On Sep 16, 2018
It's been a long time cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 16, 2018
dimexy247:

How’s that my concern? If you can brag about a thread, what would Seun the owner do? Please, today is Sunday.

Too early in the day to be childish.

1 Like

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:49am On Sep 16, 2018
Redman44:
I played with these Cowboys and Indian Toys when I was in Primary School in the 80's. I used to buy them for 30 kobo to 50 kobo per piece

WAIT, DID PEOPLE BUY THEM? I NEVER THOUGHT THEY WERE SOLD. I THOUGHT THEY WERE PICKED FROM THE FLOOR.
I GOT MINE FROM PLAYING WITH FRIENDS, DISAPPEARING WITH THEIRS AND CLAIMING OWNERSHIP THE NEXT DAY. SOMETIMES I TOOK THEM HOME FROM SCHOOL AND NEVER RETURNED WITH THEM. I HAD LOTS OF THEM I NEVER PAID FOR. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Martinez19(m): 10:31am On Sep 16, 2018
Mine were the little green soldiers which I played with in the early 2000s. Apart from green there could be any other colour for the soldier.

5 Likes

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Tozara(m): 10:48am On Sep 16, 2018
Martinez19:
Mine were the little green soldiers which I played with in the early 2000s. Apart from green there could be any other colour for the soldier.
I remember these. Primary school days. smiley

When I remember when man was still tiny. grin

How much boy has grown. How large the mind has become. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Martinez19(m): 10:51am On Sep 16, 2018
Tozara:
I remember these. Primary school days. smiley

When I remember when man was still tiny. grin

How much boy has grown. How large the mind has become. cheesy
Abi o. grin
Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Tozara(m): 10:53am On Sep 16, 2018
Redman44:
I played with these Cowboys and Indian Toys when I was in Primary School in the 80's. I used to buy them for 30 kobo to 50 kobo per piece then from those women that sold household goods in their Shops cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. I had loads of them and I played with them by placing them on a table on our verandah and banging on the table softly to make them move. I considered the ones that fell down dead in the heat of battle. Did you play with these Cowboy and Indian warriors and soldiers toys too? What are your memories about them smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley?

I am just having memories of my childhood.
You mean these things were around in the 80's! shocked Wow.

I played with MILLIONS (grin) of them in the early 2000's. grin We used to compete over whom had the largest collection of them. So, the richer, the better. grin

I wasted so much money on those things. So much money. cry

2 Likes

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Tozara(m): 10:59am On Sep 16, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

WAIT, DID PEOPLE BUY THEM? I NEVER THOUGHT THEY WERE SOLD. I THOUGHT THEY WERE PICKED FROM THE FLOOR.
I GOT MINE FROM PLAYING WITH FRIENDS, DISAPPEARING WITH THEIRS AND CLAIMING OWNERSHIP THE NEXT DAY. SOMETIMES I TOOK THEM HOME FROM SCHOOL AND NEVER RETURNED WITH THEM. I HAD LOTS OF THEM I NEVER PAID FOR. grin
grin grin grin

There were elements like you in my class back then. But they weren't as lucky as you. grin

You would make away with my toy and claim ownership? shocked Ehn, kini? grin

You wouldn't do it again. grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by ekene101: 12:54pm On Sep 16, 2018
Olden days ps4 army men,there is even tank and flags.my immediate elder bro spent fortune buying them and my mom never failed to whoop his back head with skool slippers.lolx.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Redman44(m): 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2018
Tozara:
You mean these things were around in the 80's! shocked Wow.

I played with MILLIONS (grin) of them in the early 2000's. grin We used to compete over whom had the largest collection of them. So, the richer, the better. grin

I wasted so much money on those things. So much money. cry

Yes, Bruv. These Cowboy and Indian Soldiers toys on horses were around in the 80's smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley They were very popular in Nigeria then. They were sold by women that sold stuff in 'Kantas' ( Those trading tables that had desks and were placed near the Streets ). They were also sold in shops and by Mallams who doubled as security guards and had kiosks outside people's homes. I had many of them too, though quite a few of them were destroyed by our dog called Whisky. I would come back from school and whisky would have chewed some of them to pieces. Very naughty dog like that . The Green Army soldiers were also popular, but many of my friends had these Cowboys and Indians toys and we competed with each other in class, on who had the best squad of soldiers. Memories cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Redman44(m): 4:16pm On Sep 16, 2018
Tozara:
grin grin grin

There were elements like you in my class back then. But they weren't as lucky as you. grin

You would make away with my toy and claim ownership? shocked Ehn, kini? grin

You wouldn't do it again. grin

Ha shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked You are very funny. Yes, people had to buy these Cowboy and Indian Toys. Are you serious that you picked them from the ground shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked? I never saw any on the ground o. I had to buy them from women who sold them in Shops and in Kantas. I was really fascinated with them and would act my own Movies with them on a table on the Verandah of our house. My younger siblings had theirs too. All the youngsters in my area were into collecting these Cowboy and Indians Warriors toys. We also fought each other over their ownership, especially with some boys in my Primary School. Memories cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Printerscanner: 4:24pm On Sep 16, 2018
dimexy247:

But this your comment is nonsensical nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by czarina(f): 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2018
80s? Guys don old o

I actually started seeing the soldiers inside fake chinchin and gift packs in the 2000s.
never new they've always been around.

1 Like

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Redman44(m): 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2018
czarina:
80s? Guys don old o

I actually started seeing the soldiers inside fake chinchin and gift packs in the 2000s.
never new they've always been around.

Are you serious shocked shocked shocked shocked? I thought these Cowboy and Indian Warrior toys did not exist in Nigeria after the early 90's. So they were still around in the 2000's smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley? Jesus is Lord o. But I did not see them being sold in shops in the 2000's. In the 2000'a, I was already attending University and actually graduated in 2005. These Cowboys and Indians warrior toys arrived in Nigeria in the late 70's and were very popular in the 80's.
Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by czarina(f): 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2018
Redman44:

Are you serious shocked shocked shocked shocked? I thought these Cowboy and Indian Warrior toys did not exist in Nigeria after the early 90's. So they were still around in the 2000's smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley? Jesus is Lord o. But I did not see them being sold in shops in the 2000's. In the 2000'a, I was already attending University and actually graduated in 2005. These Cowboys and Indians warrior toys arrived in Nigeria in the late 70's and were very popular in the 80's.
They were... Not so sure now if they were the exact type but I remember the little soldiers were common then.

Already graduated from Uni in 2005? Do you know what I was doing then cheesy cheesy cheesy I was buying those chinchin for 5/10naira! cheesy

#Well-done BROS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Redman44(m): 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
I am a lover of toys and games cool cool cool. I just keep remembering my childhood. I recently decided to do more research about the 80's cowboy and indian toys ( People on this thread have stated that they were still around in the 2000's to 2005 ) and found out that kids in Asia, Australia and Europe are still playing with them and can still buy them in stores or shops. I personally did not see them in Nigeria again after 1990. I've been told that they existed in the East and North of Nigeria for many years after 1990. So, I have posted pictures of the recent versions of the Cowboy and Indian soldiers toys. It seems they don't make them with horses again. They are now made as standalone soldiers and warriors. These toys are educational and interesting for kids- Remember those Clint Eastwood Cowboy movies we watched in the 80's on Lagos Weekend Television ( LWT ) and Ogun State Television ( OGTV ) ? And also those Cowboy and Indian cartoons found in Bunny Chewing Gum? These were what inspired us to gather these Cowboy and Indian toys then.

I used to play with them on a big table on our verandah after I returned from Primary school in the afternoon. They were very cheap and I bought them every week. All kind of colours cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Did you have the same experiences as I had when you were young? I have attached pictures of the Cowboy and Indian toys being sold nowadays in other countries. Are they still being sold in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Redman44(m): 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2019
I believe children should be allowed to create fun themselves by playing out scenarios in their heads. We played electronic games like SEGA Mega Drive, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat etc in the 90's ( Secondary School ). However, in the 80's it was these plastic toys we played with. These toys helped us to be imaginative and creative. I found out they are still being sold abroad in the USA, Asia, Europe etc. There are some toys that I just can't forget. I have attached pictures of these Cowboy and Indian plastic toys in their recent form. Share your childhood experiences playing with these toys with the house. Cheers cool cool cool cool.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by FlyingTOMATOE: 12:05am On Aug 02, 2019
pacino26:
hmm weldone sir

1 Like

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by FlyingTOMATOE: 12:11am On Aug 02, 2019
Martinez19:
I used to have lots of these toys.
Maybe that was why I always wanted to be a soldier.
I don't know why everything just changed when I grew up

1 Like

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Redman44(m): 6:21am On Aug 05, 2019
FlyingTOMATOE:
I used to have lots of these toys.
Maybe that was why I always wanted to be a soldier.
I don't know why everything just changed when I grew up

Hmn. I wanted to be a soldier or military man when I was a child because of these toys. I actually wrote Common Entrance examinations for Command Secondary School, Airforce Secondary School, Navy School ( Ojo, Lagos ) in 1989. Good to know you had these toys when you were young. The green commando soldiers were popular too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Play With These Cowboy And Indians Soldiers Toys In The 80's? by Redman44(m): 6:41am On Aug 05, 2019
Here is what the green commando soldiers look like now. These toy soldiers are still being sold in other countries, especially Europe, North America and Asia. They were an essential part of my childhood and that is why I still have fond memories of them. Lagos Weekend Television ( LWT ) and Ogun State Television ( OGTV ) used to show a lot of war films in the 80's and early 90's. These war films featured popular actors like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dolph Lungren, Audrey Murphy and even Ronald Reagan ( Before he became President of America, he was an actor ). Sweet Childhood memories smiley smiley smiley smiley.

(1) (Reply)

My Ex-girlfriend Was Pregnant for me before she got married to another man / My Little Boy Is Born!: / I Am A One Minute Man!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.