Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church (10298 Views)

10 Easy Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church Services / Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by NobodyKnows(m): 9:03am On Sep 16, 2018
Bitchiamjay:
come on... shut your trap.
Bitch don’t kill my vibe
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by generationz(f): 9:08am On Sep 16, 2018
Colourich:
How do I overcome not going to church at all? People are already complaining, its not like I care about their opinon anyway.

Go to Bible and Christian bookstores and download lots of Christian messages from great men of God and study your bible everyday

many people have been going to church for years but church isn't in them ( if you understand what I mean)

1 Like

Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by mamotalk: 9:16am On Sep 16, 2018
That rule number 8 so to say is somehow to me. If all observe it, then and then.
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by mknigeriagreat: 9:21am On Sep 16, 2018
Kenneth4u205:
The whole 7 tips you listed are useless.What people need in order to be early to church is THE HOLY SPIRIT LIVING IN THEIR HEART .AND ALSO THE HOLY SPIRIT LIVING INSIDE THE CHURCH.only the holy spirit in your heart can put the hunger of being in God's presence always .also the holy spirit died long ago in many churches .no life in such churches .Jesus himself said that nobody can come to me except the father draws him .people will always come late to church if the presence of the holy spirit is absent in that church .I've been to churches where people start coming to church at around 12AM midnight so as to be able to get seat in the main auditorium.it is the presence of the holy spirit in such churches that makes people to be in church 7 hours before commencement of service .what the churches need today is the active presence of the holy spirit.Not just big beautiful building .

Boy, ever read the scriptures that says "work out your salvation"? Most of you think the Holy Spirit is a magician, that does everything for you. God has given you a will and he respects that. Boy have you seen tongue talking Christians, Holy spirit filled fire spitting sinned before? The Holy Spirit cautions you but doesn't bring your will under a spell. Train yourself too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by bigtt76(f): 9:23am On Sep 16, 2018
Oga ....don't call write up useless! Nothing created or instilled by God is useless. If the OP did not post the 'so-called' useless post, would you have had the opportunity to post your seemingly 'useful' post? Haba! Let everyone grow up in their own unique to the Lord. Don't come and try enforcing your own ways on others! angry ...If you're blessed to speak in tongues, don't try to force others to do so. You don't know their story!

Kenneth4u205:
The whole 7 tips you listed are useless.What people need in order to be early to church is THE HOLY SPIRIT LIVING IN THEIR HEART .AND ALSO THE HOLY SPIRIT LIVING INSIDE THE CHURCH.only the holy spirit in your heart can put the hunger of being in God's presence always .also the holy spirit died long ago in many churches .no life in such churches .Jesus himself said that nobody can come to me except the father draws him .people will always come late to church if the presence of the holy spirit is absent in that church .I've been to churches where people start coming to church at around 12AM midnight so as to be able to get seat in the main auditorium.it is the presence of the holy spirit in such churches that makes people to be in church 7 hours before commencement of service .what the churches need today is the active presence of the holy spirit.Not just big beautiful building .
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by mknigeriagreat: 9:30am On Sep 16, 2018
Das77herbal:
Is there any charge for latecomers?

Op, with the way you listed those points, can you truly say that this is how dedicated and committed you are to the job that pays you salary?

I worked with an IOC for many years before going on my own. Truth is I never had a single memo or query for late coming once. But have I been to office late before YES. The topic above says how to avoid.
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by mknigeriagreat: 9:33am On Sep 16, 2018
bigtt76:
Oga ....don't call write up useless! Nothing created or instilled by God is useless. If the OP did not post the 'so-called' useless post, would you have had the opportunity to post your seemingly 'useful' post? Haba! Let everyone grow up in their own unique to the Lord. Don't come and try enforcing your own ways on others! angry ...If you're blessed to speak in tongues, don't try to force others to do so. You don't know their story!

Boys like that are better left alone. The moment I saw his first line with the word useless, I never bothered reading past that kind God sees my heart. That alone gives me an overview of his thinking and whatever idea he has to share.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by oladipupo145(m): 10:09am On Sep 16, 2018
[quote author=mknigeriagreat post=71239302]Some Christians are engrossed in the attitude of always going late to church on Sunday. Sometimes their reasons are flimsy or genuine but truth is this can be avoided sticking to these following steps.

1. Iron all your outfit before you sleep on Saturday or Friday night.

2. Polish / clean footwear before you sleep.

3. Get your Bible/ handbook/ tablet/ bags etc ready at one place.

4. Get your offering also ready.

5. Sleep early.

6. "Even when I get there early, I won't meet anyone" Avoid the above saying. Get there early and let someone come and meet you. Don't forget you are also someone.

7. Washing on Sundays before Church is not really encouraging. It may delay you.

8. If taking your bath will make you late, it's better to bath early as soon as you wake up or before going to bed on Saturday or wait until you are back from Church.

9. If it takes you 15 minutes to drive/walk to the Church, always make allowance for extra time for in case of anything. For instance, if service is 8 AM and it takes you 10 minutes to drive/walk to Church, it's always better to leave home 7:40.

10. Don't give room for friends and relatives visit you few hours to fellowship. If they come when you are preparing to church, take them along (to Church) or make them wait until you are back. They are not more important than God.

NB: Going to Church early ignites the blessing of the Lord upon your life. Don't be a habitual late comer to Church, it's a dishonour to your God.....

May God meet all our needs today as we all gather at His feet to worship him.

https://www.nairaland.com/3757480/tips-how-overcome-going-la
may God help us all sha
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 16, 2018
generationz:

Go to Bible and Christian bookstores and download lots of Christian messages from great men of God and study your bible everyday

many people have been going to church for years but church isn't in them ( if you understand what I mean)
Thanks dear.
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by MyAmericandream(f): 10:12am On Sep 16, 2018
chemberlin:
We mostly like going late to church because it is the same thing that happens there everyday..and most times we want people to see our new outfit and for them to see us carrying bible..lol
What about when you go to work, is it not the same routine you do there everyday?
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by mknigeriagreat: 10:17am On Sep 16, 2018
[quote author=oladipupo145 post=71244047][/quote]

Amen o.
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by mknigeriagreat: 10:19am On Sep 16, 2018
MyAmericandream:
What about when you go to work, is it not the same routine you do there everyday?

Some of them are just pathetic in reasoning. The Bible even says His words are new every morning. Order of service might be the same but something different from what happened last week Sunday happens this Sunday. That's the dynamic way God works.
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by 3rdavefarms(m): 10:29am On Sep 16, 2018
NobodyKnows:
What’s our business with tips about going to church

And that is why you are named nobody
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by NobodyKnows(m): 10:34am On Sep 16, 2018
3rdavefarms:

And that is why you are named nobody
Cry me a river
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:40am On Sep 16, 2018
How to overcome going to Church late?

Just go early. Dasall!
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:17am On Sep 16, 2018
dimexy247:
There’s no tips to avoid going to church late, what works for A may not work for B and if you’re late, you’re late. Please enough of tips this, tips that.
a person created a thread led by the Holy Spirit,to encourage LaTE comers to move their feet ,yet u come here to show DAT d devil wants it to remain d same,tell ur master Satan dat it won't work,d next time to make such a comment,d anger of GOD will come upon u and destroy u utterly.u av been warned
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by otokx(m): 11:39am On Sep 16, 2018
Most Nigerian churches last at least 2 hours.
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Thosyn12(m): 11:46am On Sep 16, 2018
Most football fans are guilty of this, whenever our team have match we get to the viewing center 15mins before the game to watch match build up. But to Church in 5mins before service is a problem.

We really need to change, the Lord is helping us in Jesus Name.
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Gamerkard: 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Yusfunoble(m): 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
NobodyKnows:
What’s our business with tips about going to church

If it’s not your business then you have no business here.

Stop detailing people’s thread.
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Revolva(m): 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
I hate going to church
am not a church goer
but am better than. many church goers
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Gamerkard: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2018
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Itsrheezy: 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2018
Always have transport fare ready . Not that you'll be looking for who to break 1k in the morning
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by NobodyKnows(m): 12:49pm On Sep 16, 2018
Yusfunoble:

If it’s not your business then you have no business here.

Stop detailing people’s thread.
Go to hell!
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Digitalwitch: 12:56pm On Sep 16, 2018
Kenneth4u205:
Even those with the holy spirit in their heart still goes late. In the coven you dare not come late if not you would paid dearly for it. Na Christian dey take God dey play anyhow
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2018
Omuneizzy6:
Some purposely go late especially the ones that are close to the church
Yes..you are correct.. Funny as it may sound, I'm a victim and may God help me
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by jumpandpas(m): 1:31pm On Sep 16, 2018
lakesider:
It's insane to believe that one man that existed at a time middle east people never knew other parts of the world existed died for u 2000years ago

And more insane to believe your opinion here.
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by nwakaibeya1: 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2018
John 5,30>Today is another Sunday of history & geography teaching & fashion sermons,stories upon stories that don't empower humans spiritually by comedy, story telling pastors&prophets for spiritually blind Bornagain followers & church goers?bornagains & church goers enjoy it & continue to shout go deeper, prophesy, pastor ride on & after all the razzmatazz, you still remain in evil family&occult wickedness & evil marine bondages&can't sleep at night& witches & wizards feast on them without mercy and evil neighbors and landlords and evil people can't fear you because you have no power& pastors &prophets &apostles continue to use bornagains& church goers to make merchandise of their bellies without giving them empowerment & liberation&most importantly give followers PEACE that ,Jesus Christ promised to give to those who come to him?Again see Jeremiah 5.21,22 Jeremiah 12 10 you must help yourself &Seek for unbelievable power and receive it, which is LIGHT,MANTLE & THE POWER THAT BE &this is available only if you believe there is >many just claim Bornagain without spiritual wisdom &spiritual eyes & unbelievable power & they hate change &new truth&revelation of real JESUSCHRIST even when they read that God will do a new thing in Bible but they still question the same God why he is doing a new Thing? What a disaster people of the world?BEHOLD kingdom of God of Jesus Christ is not for everyone,neither is heaven for everyone, devil has his own children always &devils children hate change,especially the ones masquerading as BORNAGAINS who hate truth&good change with passion& pretend, they are those we call human CHAMELEONS,we have spoken again & those who have ear let them hear &investigate from JESUS CHRIST if indeed they know JESUSCHRIST #who can battle with God of justice & the power that be?remember this is authority & truth&revelation& power that is unbelievable to humanbeigns so it's not compulsory that you must embrace&believe us but only time will tell who is telling the truth or not as this is not like conventional bornagain &bornagain in vogue #NO & NEVER, Our own is accept the truth or perish,we dont beg humans to accept our truth&revelation,its accept or perish be you whoever,hence almost everyone claims to be bornagain,the same way many people claimed to know GOD more than JESUSCHRIST when Christ came before and dont forget the fact that Power talks and not empty critics and we authorize humans to investigate our unbelievable truth and revelation as the confidence of a wise person is look before you leap Mathew 13,13-15
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Octaves(m): 1:36pm On Sep 16, 2018
I joined the choir and since then, I've been going early to church
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2018
Kenneth4u205:

Must you lie to pass your point across ?

What church do they go at midnight

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahweh And Allah Must Bow At The Mention Of My Name OTEM!!! / The Rapture : Who Will Be Caught Up With Christ At His Coming? - Olamide Obire / Is Jesus God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.