Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church (10274 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / 10 Easy Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church Services / Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Kenneth4u205(m): 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2018
asokoromadam:

Must you lie to pass your point across ?

What church do they go at midnight
Katherine kulman cburch in United States. Also tb joshua church here in Nigeria.prophet bushiri church in south Africa.I've been to tb joshua church couple of time . Thousands of people already in the church 12AM midnight waiting for service to start
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by NobodyKnows(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2018
Yusfunoble:

C’mon, don’t tell me you wanna cry grin

Let’s see if the moderators will do their work or not
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by NobodyKnows(m): 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2018
Yusfunoble . How market tongue tongue grin grin
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Adedward(m): 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2018
It is very very good idear, its when u ready for GOD that will ready for us, some are in a position that they dont want to be late but some factors are affecting them to be late, like someone working under somebody, e.g driver, they can called them anytime for work, my prayer is that Almighty GOD will gives us rest thanks
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Haynnie: 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2018
Even with those tips some people wee still go to church as late as ever cuz they might have other unimportant thing to do..... So it's useless Bro
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by NobodyKnows(m): 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2018
NobodyKnows:
Yusfunoble . How market tongue tongue grin grin
I hope you’re enjoying your 10 years ban on your alternate account? grin grin tongue tongue
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by fashionbabe: 6:42pm On Sep 16, 2018
all u fake Atheists stop commenting on christian threads . if u want to talk about your Atheism open your on thread and talk your rubbish there. it is only a fool that said that there is no God
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Mryacks: 7:30pm On Sep 16, 2018
mknigeriagreat:
Some Christians are engrossed in the attitude of always going late to church on Sunday. Sometimes their reasons are flimsy or genuine but truth is this can be avoided sticking to these following steps.

1. Iron all your outfit before you sleep on Saturday or Friday night.

2. Polish / clean footwear before you sleep.

3. Get your Bible/ handbook/ tablet/ bags etc ready at one place.

4. Get your offering also ready.

5. Sleep early.

6. "Even when I get there early, I won't meet anyone" Avoid the above saying. Get there early and let someone come and meet you. Don't forget you are also someone.

7. Washing on Sundays before Church is not really encouraging. It may delay you.

8. If taking your bath will make you late, it's better to bath early as soon as you wake up or before going to bed on Saturday or wait until you are back from Church.

9. If it takes you 15 minutes to drive/walk to the Church, always make allowance for extra time for in case of anything. For instance, if service is 8 AM and it takes you 10 minutes to drive/walk to Church, it's always better to leave home 7:40.

10. Don't give room for friends and relatives visit you few hours to fellowship. If they come when you are preparing to church, take them along (to Church) or make them wait until you are back. They are not more important than God.

NB: Going to Church early ignites the blessing of the Lord upon your life. Don't be a habitual late comer to Church, it's a dishonour to your God.....

May God meet all our needs today as we all gather at His feet to worship him.

https://www.nairaland.com/3757480/tips-how-overcome-going-late

So right. Many years ago I had to discipline myself and practice most of these steps..:
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Thunday1005(m): 7:43pm On Sep 16, 2018
Omuneizzy6:
Some purposely go late especially the ones that are close to the church
same here

Sitting for over 3hrs
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Reinah(f): 2:46am On Sep 17, 2018
id4sho:
May God forgive me. I've been to church like four times in the last 15 Months. Am so hurt by same people whom we dine, fellowship, so called family. My spiritual life is weak but the Lord Jesus Christ has been there for me and blessing me beyond words and expectation.
Oh.. God's faithfulness is not based on our services to Him. Having a sound spiritual life takes a conscious effort.. You just have to decide, it doesn't have to be smooth as long as the desire is there, The Father will sure see you through.. It is okay if you have your devotion today and don't do it tomorrow, you will find out you will later become committed but you can start by challenging yourself to do it for a week without break while continually praying that God revives and renews your spirit because unless your spirit is quickened, unless the Holy Spirit is in, within and upon you, spiritual activities might seem boring.
I'd also suggest you forgive those people and find another good church because until we get to a particular level in our spiritual life, church-going would affect us. Church and personal activities go hand-in-hand. They will both helo your growth.
What we do personally( Devotion, Bible study, Worship, Prayer, Listening to messages and practising what we learn)always matters most than what we do in church gatherings tho, so make a commitment to revive and strengthen your spiritual life. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Reinah(f): 2:55am On Sep 17, 2018
Kenneth4u205:
The whole 7 tips you listed are useless.What people need in order to be early to church is THE HOLY SPIRIT LIVING IN THEIR HEART .AND ALSO THE HOLY SPIRIT LIVING INSIDE THE CHURCH.only the holy spirit in your heart can put the hunger of being in God's presence always .also the holy spirit died long ago in many churches .no life in such churches .Jesus himself said that nobody can come to me except the father draws him .people will always come late to church if the presence of the holy spirit is absent in that church .I've been to churches where people start coming to church at around 12AM midnight so as to be able to get seat in the main auditorium.it is the presence of the holy spirit in such churches that makes people to be in church 7 hours before commencement of service .what the churches need today is the active presence of the holy spirit.Not just big beautiful building .
While I don't agree that the post is useless, I agree that the abscence of the Holy Spirit affects our attitude to church. I found it hard to attend fellowship meeting at a point, it just seemed boring to me and a waste of time, I stopped enjoying the services. It later dawned on me that I had not been keeping in touch with the Father on my personal altar, I had neglected the fellowship with the Holy Spirit and that was why church didn't interest me because I could not connect to the service spiritually. Some churches are lifeless these days, nothing goes on in the spiritual let alone physical. It is well.
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by id4sho(m): 6:36am On Sep 17, 2018
Reinah:
Oh.. God's faithfulness is not based on our services to Him. Having a sound spiritual life takes a conscious effort.. You just have to decide, it doesn't have to be smooth as long as the desire is there, The Father will sure see you through.. It is okay if you have your devotion today and don't do it tomorrow, you will find out you will later become committed but you can start by challenging yourself to do it for a week without break while continually praying that God revives and renews your spirit because unless your spirit is quickened, unless the Holy Spirit is in, within and upon you, spiritual activities might seem boring.
I'd also suggest you forgive those people and find another good church because until we get to a particular level in our spiritual life, church-going would affect us. Church and personal activities go hand-in-hand. They will both helo your growth.
What we do personally( Devotion, Bible study, Worship, Prayer, Listening to messages and practising what we learn)always matters most than what we do in church gatherings tho, so make a commitment to revive and strengthen your spiritual life. God help us all.
Thanks alot
Re: Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 17, 2018
Kenneth4u205:
Katherine kulman cburch in United States. Also tb joshua church here in Nigeria.prophet bushiri church in south Africa.I've been to tb joshua church couple of time . Thousands of people already in the church 12AM midnight waiting for service to start

You mean churches where people are looking for miracles

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Time To Judge The World Is Near - Olumba Olumba Obu / Grace : The Power Of The Gospel - Andrew Wommack / Thought Provoking Questions For Atheist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.