Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,606 members, 7,851,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:59 PM

Man United Plot January Bid For Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil (details) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man United Plot January Bid For Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil (details) (281 Views)

Xavier Amaechi Signs For Arsenal (Photo) / Barca To Table £133m January Bid For Coutinho / Pep Sets Standard Mourinho Must Follow As United Plot Route Back To Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man United Plot January Bid For Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil (details) by WNRblog: 7:33am On Sep 16, 2018
Manchester United are closely
monitoring the situation of midfielder
Mesut Ozil at Arsenal.
According to The Express, Jose Mourinho is happy with the idea of signing ozil and United could make a move for the play-maker in January.
Ozil has been told to work his butt off and justify the £350,000 he earns weekly by coach Unai Emery.
Emery also recently denied claims of a rift between himself and Ozil – who scored in the 2-1 win over Newcastle on Saturday.
The Express report Jose Mourinho was watching him closely last season, before Ozil signed a new contract and is still interested if he becomes available.
DONT MISS PDP will conduct credible presidential primary, says Kwankwaso
The Portuguese was very disappointed in the summer after the Red Devils failed to spend big in the transfer window and signed only Lee Grant, Diogo Dalot and Fred.
Executive chairman Ed Woodward now faces the prospect of having to please Mourinho in January when the transfer window reopens.
Meanwhile, Coach Unai Emery wants Ozil to score more goals for the Gunners this season.
Ozil had been criticised for not scoring frequently but silenced his critics with a goal against Newcastle on Saturday.
“His [Ozil’s] quality helps the team, it is important he scored,” Emery said.
DONT MISS AFCON: Nigeria Vs Libya: Match To Be Played In Kaduna (Details)
“I want not only for him to assist we need him to go in the box and score like today.
“I will work with every player and continue our process to create the team as we want.”
After the match against Newcastle, Ozil spoke on claims of a rift with Unai Emery, but denied it.
“I am very happy to play for Arsenal and especially for the new coach,” Ozil said.
“He knows what he wants and the team accepts that, we have a good relationship.”
DONT MISS Tottenham Goalkeeper Hugo Lloris Banned & Fined £50,000 For Drink-driving
More: PSG Coach Thomas Tuchel Explains Why He Did Not Risk Neymar Ahead Of Liverpool Clash
“We score and we are happy, even the players that don’t play, we are all team.”
Ozil’s appearance against Newcastle marked his 200th appearance for Arsenal after being with the Gunners for five years.
“I’m happy but most important we take the three points,” he said.
“Congratulations to the whole team, we played well. Newcastle were good, aggressive. We showed our passion and took the points.”

https://www.wapnetrealm.com/man-united-plot-january-bid-for-arsenal-star-mesut-ozil-details/

Re: Man United Plot January Bid For Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil (details) by fernandez1(m): 8:05am On Sep 16, 2018
Haoux news

(1) (Reply)

Sinking Everton Is A Perfect Birthday Gift, Says Pellegrini / See How A Stoppage-time Goal From Roberto Firmino Gave Liverpool A 3-2 Win Over / “it Will Be Difficult For My Son To Be Better Than Me” — Cristiano Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.