Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal (39248 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust / NYSC Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal / Presidency Awaits Briefing On Kemi Adeosun’s NYSC Certificate Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by realborn(m): 10:03am On Sep 17, 2018
PrecisionFx:

''Perhaps a good head just left.''

Stop deceiving urself.

Forget all those technicaities, They are useless in the face of the law.

She simply forged a document which she should never have done considering her background n considering that she is much more civilized than the average nigerian because of her exposure while living in the u.k for decades.

Perhaps you should read my post again. You have not said anything different.

The phrase, “Perhaps a good head just left” and other explanations simply imply that notwithstanding how good she may have been at her duty post, there is no basis nor excuse for her gaffe. She was not qualified for an exemption nor was it apt to procure a fake one!
Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by naijapips04: 10:05am On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:

Dude all that you know about NYSC is because you were resident in Nigeria and schooled in Nigeria or abroad.

The Nigerian who was born American or Briton, does not know anything about your NYSC within the American or British society.

So there are many Americans and Britons of Nigerian heritage who have graduated early and proceeded to secure jobs in their foreign society that they know as home.

If any circumstances make them begin to associate with Nigeria in their adult years and obtain a Nigerian passport due to their heritage, are telling me you will be asking them why they did not come and serve in a Nigeria that was not their country or society at the time they were living their distant life in UK or USA with their family?

I repeat, that the mistake Adeosun made was even bothering to enquire about getting any exemption from NYSC.

Even those who are known to have had patents resident in Nigeria and even had part of their own education in Nigeria, went abroad for studies and never looked back as per NYSC, only to take government jobs later on and never resigned when it became news that they never serve or got NYSC exemption.

Adeosun should have just disregarded NYSC altogether. Her nationality and residential circumstances at the time she was young enough to qualify for NYSC in a far away foreign Nigeria, would have been enough waiver to hold on to whatever government office she might have been in charge of.

SHUT UP!! The rules are on a damn website. Kemi is not so lazy and stupid as not to check if she qualified for a certificate before applying for it. Dammit stop defending corruption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:

Are you too daft to understand what she wrote in her resignation? Or did you read that she left Nigeria as a teenager to go study in a university abroad, thereby necessitating the customary return to Nigeria that only exist in your own imagination?

She only visited Nigeria with her British passport on occasions. She was never a resident of Nigeria until she was 34yrs. Till today, her parents still reside in the UK where she was born.

Her interests in Nigeria only began long after she had passed the age to serve. Many Nigerians born and resident in the UK have graduated below the age of 30yrs, yet they do not come to Nigeria for any NYSC because they do not have any business with Nigeria besides visiting when a grandparent died or a cousin was wedding.

That they do not have any interest with Nigeria now does not mean they might not show an interest later.

These are the same type of Nigerians that are daily celebrated here on this forum, as working with Google or Facebook or NASA or the White House. Nigerians in the diaspora, like the ones that were on hand to receive the vice president when he visited Google in the US. Nigerians that don't even know that anything called NYSC exist as it remains irrelevant to them, until the day they decide they want to be Nigerians and not American or Briton.

So by default she made enquires about securing an exemption, and one was certainly obtained through her associates from NYSC but fake. It was not obtained under the bridge at Obalende. It was certainly obtained from NYSC officials who gave a document that was not the legitimate issue.

Many Nigerians currently hold particulars that they think is legitimate having been obtained at the legitimate relevant government office, yet they are invalid.
This is the main reason why Nigeria will never move forward until thy kingdom come. You are very biased in your analysis. Don't allow political, ethnic or religious affiliation to becloud your reasoning. Ignorance is never a tangible reason to disobey the law. Moreover, someone, as educated as Adeosun, should even be ashamed of herself for allowing NYSC official to swindle her .what's the need of her schooling in united kingdom if she could not decipher an ordinary illegitimate certificate.someone that claim to have studied finance in the UK cannot carry out forensic study on an ordinary certificate, how can that person be given the mandate to manage the whole country's finance. If this condition holds true it means she is incapable of managing Nigeria finance and it pragmatically obvious that her ascension to being a finance minister is clearly political.
If you are really updated with Nigerians News you will know that the Nigerian journalist that discovered this mess also enunciated that the Senate has been using this weakness to blackmail her. if you are very realistic about your judgement you will agree with me that what the journalist said was absolutely true. Okay, let's say when she was working for Osun state government she never knew about the forged certificate. Are you telling me after her appointment in the federal sector she never discovered about it? The federal sector where witch hunting and political pre-intimacy is at its apex.it's obvious she discovered about this during her reign as the finance minister but her greed to relinquish her position was greater.
My dear in a sane country she should have been jailed by now. But she is under the protection of our almighty upright president. This was the same thing we complained about Jonathan regime but it's playing out again. I only pray a reasonable leader comes on board to deliver this country.we are absolutrly tired of PDP and APC.Infact we need total restructuring .

3 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by Throwback: 10:07am On Sep 17, 2018
safarigirl:
ignoranxe is not an excuse before the law.

Even the drivers license obtained illegally, anyone who is caught will be arrested and prosecuted, nobody cares who bought it for you or whatever. The law is the law.

It is very foolish to support forgery of any kind simply because it has become a norm in the society. These are the small things that are overlooked in this country that drag us down continuously.

She submitted herself for a position in public office and ought to have been fully sure of everything she had. Once again, ignorance is not an excuse before the law..... But since Nigeria is a lawless nation, anything goes

Why should one be prosecuted for an illegal license that was legally obtained?

Why should the law abiding Nigerian be punished for the corruption that is perpetrated in a government office?

If she wasn't sure, she wouldn't have submitted the document. She never claimed she served. She got an exemption she thought was legitimate.

It wasn't an exemption that was dated to hide when she got it. She should have simply been told that she did not qualify at all for the said exemption.

I do not support any forgery of any kind and should never be the norm. Most especially, the civil servants in the government offices that engage in such should all be apprehended.

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by ehissi(m): 10:12am On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:

Dude all that you know about NYSC is because you were resident in Nigeria and schooled in Nigeria or abroad.

The Nigerian who was born American or Briton, does not know anything about your NYSC within the American or British society.

So there are many Americans and Britons of Nigerian heritage who have graduated early and proceeded to secure jobs in their foreign society that they know as home.

If any circumstances make them begin to associate with Nigeria in their adult years and obtain a Nigerian passport due to their heritage, are telling me you will be asking them why they did not come and serve in a Nigeria that was not their country or society at the time they were living their distant life in UK or USA with their family?

I repeat, that the mistake Adeosun made was even bothering to enquire about getting any exemption from NYSC.

Even those who are known to have had patents resident in Nigeria and even had part of their own education in Nigeria, went abroad for studies and never looked back as per NYSC, only to take government jobs later on and never resigned when it became news that they never serve or got NYSC exemption.

Adeosun should have just disregarded NYSC altogether. Her nationality and residential circumstances at the time she was young enough to qualify for NYSC in a far away foreign Nigeria, would have been enough waiver to hold on to whatever government office she might have been in charge of.

False!! She sought to get a job immediately she came back to naija - check her internet diaries - plus she worked as commissioner of finance in ogun state. She was interviewed severally and serially in between job hunts till Ibikunle called her to serve as commissioner .

There is no way she would not have been told. When my Aunt was invited/taken on loan to serve in a sensitive position in FCMB, a woman who does not have WAEC, she schooled and lived all her days abroad, from Bsc to her MBA at the Prestigious Kelloggs busines school, who has worked in 2 major us banks that I know of, they asked her for her NYSC Certificate during her briefing/interview, she said she didn't need one and there, there they told her to go and serve.

She mentioned age/exemption, they mentioned law and that was how she had to go squeeze her big yansh put for inside khaki for one year, before she could even start working in FCMB, they didnt even permit her to handle her position as a corper.

Stop all this trash, she knew. She cannot claim that she was oblivious from that time till no that it was fake. Stop all these sentimentally higgy hagga abi is she that daft or dumb??

Abi una be the BMC recruitees sent to whipped uo sentiments against her trial? What's that trash? angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by Throwback: 10:14am On Sep 17, 2018
naijapips04:

Dude she's not entitled to any exemption certificate. She graduated before 30. Stop trying to deceive people.

Yes we all know she is not entitled to any exemption, the reason why I blame her for bothering to enquire over something that she did not need and has proven by precedent not to be a stumbling block to securing government jobs if you have the right circumstances as she did.
Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by nuelco: 10:14am On Sep 17, 2018
Obviously, this is not the fault of our formal Minister. It happened to my colleague in the office who has been saked for same reason. My advise is that everyone should verify his/her exception certificate on NYSC portal. Obtaining the certificate is not a big deal... Just follow due process...
Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 17, 2018
[quote author=jaxxy post=71269837]

I didn’t say it shudnt be looked into and corrected bt not dissipating all our energy on this when we have bigger and more consequential issues to resolve.

In uk/Us the can look into such minor issues because their system has dealt with most bigger issues of corruption and the like. Here we left major corruption to use all our energy to fight over nysc certificates. That’s my problem. Misplaced Priorities[/quote]

It seems you have not realised the gravity of the illegality.
A public servant found with such act in any saner government will always be a major issue to talk about.

Who knows if she would have resigned if it wasn't for the ultimate elections year ahead

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by safarigirl(f): 10:17am On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:

Why should the law abiding Nigerian be punished for the corruption that is perpetrated in a government office?

If she wasn't sure, she wouldn't have submitted the document. She never claimed she served. She got an exemption she thought was legitimate.

It wasn't an exemption that was dated to hide when she got it. She should have simply been told that she did not qualify at all for the said exemption.

I do not support any forgery of any kind and should never be the norm. Most especially, the civil servants in the government offices that engage in such should all be apprehended.
I repeat "Ignorance is not an excuse before the law".....people have gone to jail for smaller crimes

If I buy a phone and unknown to me, it is stolen, will you say I should not he prosecuted for this? Do you think the law will listen to my excuses? Many people in prison today are there not because of a crime they committee but because of ignorance of another persons's crime.
Why will you be making excuses for Adeosun? Is it because she is a diasporan?

Go to any country in the world and present this situation, and right thinking people will tell you she will still be prosecuted, but in Nigeria, you people are so used to lawlessness that you make excuses for people found in the wrong. Look at how you are comfortably telling us "civil servants do it all the time, why should poor Adeosun be prosecuted when she is even a foreign citizen"....the normalization of corruption has ruined this country.

6 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by GENTLETEE(m): 10:17am On Sep 17, 2018
Plausible in the face of reason.
Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:
you don’t need to insult anyone here and I just want you to understand that she is human and she can also lie ...: why haven’t they located the person who helped her to get the certificate.i just want you to know there is always two side to every story

Are you too daft to understand what she wrote in her resignation? Or did you read that she left Nigeria as a teenager to go study in a university abroad, thereby necessitating the customary return to Nigeria that only exist in your own imagination?

She only visited Nigeria with her British passport on occasions. She was never a resident of Nigeria until she was 34yrs. Till today, her parents still reside in the UK where she was born.

Her interests in Nigeria only began long after she had passed the age to serve. Many Nigerians born and resident in the UK have graduated below the age of 30yrs, yet they do not come to Nigeria for any NYSC because they do not have any business with Nigeria besides visiting when a grandparent died or a cousin was wedding.

That they do not have any interest with Nigeria now does not mean they might not show an interest later.

These are the same type of Nigerians that are daily celebrated here on this forum, as working with Google or Facebook or NASA or the White House. Nigerians in the diaspora, like the ones that were on hand to receive the vice president when he visited Google in the US. Nigerians that don't even know that anything called NYSC exist as it remains irrelevant to them, until the day they decide they want to be Nigerians and not American or Briton.

So by default she made enquires about securing an exemption, and one was certainly obtained through her associates from NYSC but fake. It was not obtained under the bridge at Obalende. It was certainly obtained from NYSC officials who gave a document that was not the legitimate issue.

Many Nigerians currently hold particulars that they think is legitimate having been obtained at the legitimate relevant government office, yet they are invalid.
Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by Throwback: 10:19am On Sep 17, 2018
ehissi:

False!! She sought to get a job immediately she came back to naija - check her daily diaries on he internet - plus she worked as commissioner of finance in ogun state. She was interviewed severally and serially in between job hunts till Ibikunle called her.

There is no way she would not have been told. When my Aunt was invited/taken on loan to serve in a sensitive position in FCMB, a woman who does not have WAEC, she schooled and lived all her days abroad, from Bsc to her MBA at the Prestigious Kelloggs busines school, they asked her for her NYSC Certificate during her briefing/interview, she said she didn't need one and there, there they told to go and serve.

She mentioned age, they mentioned law and that was how she had to go squeeze her big yansh put for inside khaki.

Stop all this trash, she knew. She cannt claim that she was oblivious from that time till no that it was fake. Stop all these sentimentally higgy hagga

Interesting feedback.

So are you saying anyone who qualified to serve at the age of their university graduation, are still legitimately allowed to be mobilised for NYSC even when they are already adults?

Is that arrangement allowed as per NYSC statutes?

All I have been harping about is her circumstances being a Briton living in her foreign society where she had no business with NYSC then. This same circumstance is still prevalent with many foreigners of Nigerian heritage, who may someday want to associate with their Nigerian roots and work with the Nigerian government in public office.
Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by ajayiopy: 10:22am On Sep 17, 2018
ADEOSUN SHOULD HAVE OPTED OUT WHEN SHE HAD AN OPPORTUNITY AT UNITED NATION BUT PREFERED TO HAVE AN ENDLESS ACCESS TO NIGERIA MONEY KNOWING WELL THAT NO FREE CASH IN UNITED NATION.
AS FOR ME,THERE IS NO NEED TO PROBE HER BECAUSE YOUR PRESIDENT IS ALSO A VICTIM.
Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by naijapips04: 10:27am On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:

NOT legally obtained. No NYSC staff would give you exemption if you'd graduated before 30. We still have a long way to go in Nigeria if we have young agile men like you defending crimiminals simply because they come from your tribe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by ehissi(m): 10:28am On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:

Interesting feedback.

So are you saying anyone who qualified to serve at the age of their university graduation, are still legitimately allowed to be mobilised for NYSC even when they are already adults?

Is that arrangement allowed as per NYSC statutes?

All I have been harping about is her circumstances being a Briton living in her foreign society where she had no business with NYSC then. This same circumstance is still prevalent with many foreigners of Nigerian heritage, who may someday want to associate with their Nigerian roots and work with the Nigerian government in public office.

@Bolded! Yes My aunt was 40/41 when she was sent to serve. It's noy a mater of sentiments, it what the law says. Why did you think she ran away?

Majority of the Medical Doctors that serve, how many are under 30yrs?

Plus our laws do not permit foreigners to serve as ministers, so I already know that even though, she may be forming british passport, she worked in the Cabinet with her Nigerian Passport, meaning the NYSC Act applies to her, and so does the mandatory 1yr NYSC program.

Any other thing is just sentimental higgy hagga.

Of which that is by the wayside. There is also prescribed punishment for employers who give jobs to graduates who haven't undertaken NYSC.

That is why, all employers of labour must verify the NYSC Certificate of graduates before they are employed. Meaning both the Ogun state and the Federal government also have a case to answer.......

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by 9gerian: 10:31am On Sep 17, 2018
Hmmm...

Knowing the way we think and operate in Nigeria, Alibaba’s assertion is possible, and very disturbing.

It also suggests that Corruption has more resources and influence to bring down whoever tries to counter it.

Whatever may be the truth or array of truths, one thing is for sure- there will be a cost to the ministry of finance and Nigeria; this sudden change in leadership will result in some wastage steming from various factors and projects. It happened with PHCN privatization under Barth Nnaji. Here we go again...

Kayharry:
From @alibabagcfr - Many people are getting the Kemi Adeosun NYSC matter wrong. She did not claim to have served. She came back to Nigeria when she had passed the age to serve. She was then advised to get a certificate of exemption. She did not think it was necessary because, clearly she had passed the age.

Then someone advised her to get it. Someone said, since she did not serve, BECAUSE SHE WAS OVER THE AGE TO SERVE, all she needed was the certificate of exemption. They went and got it for her. The person who did, SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN HER A LEGIT ONE. She didn't need to be present to get an exemption. So, it's not that she claimed to have served and was issued a certificate for service she did not render. Many people have insurance cover and driving licence that they did not go through a proper driving test to get.

How about Yellow fever vaccine card? Do you know how many people pick up their yellow fever card at the airport, only to reach destination and are told it's fake. I have talked with some people in the corridors of power. The certificate is not the real reason she resigned. It's the reason given. It's election year. Just like #NOI... There are people who want access to certain federal funds, that only she has access to. And like #NOI, she will not play ball. The best way is to discredit her, and put her out of the office, and by that move now let someone who will dance to their tune. ITS ELECTION SEASON YALL. It happened to @sanusilamidosanusi. QED

https://m.facebook.com/focusafricanews/photos/a.172241293337222/327341387827211/?type=3

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by FitnessHomme: 10:31am On Sep 17, 2018
Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by Throwback: 10:31am On Sep 17, 2018
vingeophysicist:

This is the main reason why Nigeria will never move forward until thy kingdom come. You are very biased in your analysis. Don't allow political, ethnic or religious affiliation to becloud your reasoning. Ignorance is never a tangible reason to disobey the law. Moreover, someone, as educated as Adeosun, should even be ashamed of herself for allowing NYSC official to swindle her .what's the need of her schooling in united kingdom if she could not decipher an ordinary illegitimate certificate.someone that claim to have studied finance in the UK cannot carry out forensic study on an ordinary certificate, how can that person be given the mandate to manage the whole country's finance. If this condition holds true it means she is incapable of managing Nigeria finance and it pragmatically obvious that her ascension to being a finance minister is clearly political.
If you are really updated with Nigerians News you will know that the Nigerian journalist that discovered this mess also enunciated that the Senate has been using this weakness to blackmail her. if you are very realistic about your judgement you will agree with me that what the journalist said was absolutely true. Okay, let's say when she was working for Osun state government she never knew about the forged certificate. Are you telling me after her appointment in the federal sector she never discovered about it? The federal sector where witch hunting and political pre-intimacy is at its apex.it's obvious she discovered about this during her reign as the finance minister but her greed to relinquish her position was greater.
My dear in a sane country she should have been jailed by now. But she is under the protection of our almighty upright president. This was the same thing we complained about Jonathan regime but it's playing out again. I only pray a reasonable leader comes on board to deliver this country.we are absolutrly tired of PDP and APC.Infact we need total restructuring .

The only bias I have betrayed here is a bias towards the circumstances of the Nigerian in the diaspora.

Many who have bothered to reply my post here seem to think that the NYSC is so important to the daily living of the Nigerian who knows US or Europe as their home or society, talkless of those who were actually born abroad and lived all their lives there.

NYSC only becomes relevant when they opt to associate with Nigeria that was previously just a holiday destination for family engagements and functions.

So we as Nigerians need to understand and be rational in analysing such circumstances. This is not a defence of forgery, and that is why I even fault her for even bothering to enquire about something that ought to be an irrelevant forgotten past, that should not matter as regards her Nigerianess that she embraced in adulthood.

Many are faulting her that why didn't she come back to serve when she graduated as though she deliberately hid from Nigeria, that was of no significance to her life then.

In fact, some have painted a picture of criminality when an American or Briton or German who is Nigerian only by ancestral heritage, refuses to come to Nigeria (that they may have never visited before) to serve in the NYSC scheme.

That is the perspective I and Alibaba have tried to bring to the fore. The perspective of the American or Briton that might one day return to his/her heritage, while the irrational Nigerian mob chorus, "why didn't you come to serve NYSC when you graduated from the University of Munich or Stanford 20yrs ago when you were 22yrs old?".

CC: ehissi, safarigirl.

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 17, 2018
obi58:

It's you that is too daft to understand the NYSC law which is quite explicit in stating that provided you're Nigerian and finished school under 30, it is mandatory to serve.

You only obtain a certificate of exemption if you finish over 30.

Living outside the shores of the country all your life does not exclude you from the dictates of the law. After all, Ignorance is no excuse for contravention of the law. So even if she made an honest mistake due to wrong advice that doesn't absolve her of guilt.

The discussion now should be towards reviewing the NYSC law for situations as this but as the law stands now, provided she wanted to serve in public office in Nigeria and not private practice, she should have served.

Yes she did the right thing today resign, albeit late but should go one step further to return all monies she has earned in public office using this fake certificate.

As for those who it is rumoured have engineered this scandal for political gains, the onus is on EFCC and the DSS to assiduously work to investigate these claims and if confirmed mercilessly expose and prosecute the perpetrators.
but my worry is that the zeal with which you people are seeking for her head, would have been better employed seeking for the head of the people that have looted funds. Rather i see a lot of you defend people accused of looting , even those that have millions of dollars traced to their accounts. The lady has resigned and thats honourable, i would rather see looters jailed first before her. Besides your driving license is it real or fake?

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by Matinho: 10:35am On Sep 17, 2018
Go sit down bros. She is good friends with your wife who is a bank executive director.Why you no go talk this nonsense.You think people dont know these things.

2 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by naijapips04: 10:36am On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:

The only bias I have betrayed here is a bias towards the circumstances of the Nigerian in the diaspora.

Many who have bothered to reply my post here seem to think that the NYSC is so important to the daily living of the Nigerian who knows US or Europe as their home or society, talkless of those who were actually born abroad and lived all their lives there.

NYSC only becomes relevant when they opt to associate with Nigeria that was previously just a holiday destination for family engagements and functions.

So we as Nigerians need to understand and be rational in analysing such circumstances. This is not a defence of forgery, and that is why I even fault her for even bothering to enquire about something that ought to be an irrelevant forgotten past, that should not matter as regards her Nigerianess that she embraced in adulthood.

Many are faulting her that why didn't she come back to serve when she graduated as though she deliberately hid from Nigeria, that was of no significance to her life then.

In fact, some have painted a picture of criminality when an American or Briton or German who is Nigerian only by ancestral heritage, refuses to come to Nigeria (that they may have never visited before) to serve in the NYSC scheme.

That is the perspective I and Alibaba have tried to bring to the fore. The perspective of the American or Briton that might one day return to his/her heritage, while the irrational Nigerian mob chorus, "why didn't you come to serve NYSC when you graduated from the University of Munich or Stanford 20yrs ago when you were 22yrs old?".

IF they like they should return from Mars. Any day they choose to return, they must give Nigeria One year of unalloyed service. That is what the law says.

3 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by Throwback: 10:39am On Sep 17, 2018
naijapips04:

NOT legally obtained. No NYSC staff would give you exemption if you'd graduated before 30. We still have a long way to go in Nigeria if we have young agile men like you defending crimiminals simply because they come from your tribe.

The legally obtained statement is as regards the driver's license she referenced, which many have unwittingly found themselves in such mess and voiced out here.

I am not defending Adeosun for being from my tribe, I am defending her circumstances that applies to many Nigerians in the diaspora.

And I still fault her for bothering about the NYSC exemption to begin with.
Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by naijapips04: 10:43am On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:

The legally obtained statement is as regards the driver's license she referenced, which many have unwittingly found themselves in such mess and voiced out here.

I am not defending Adeosun for being from my tribe, I am defending her circumstances that applies to many Nigerians in the diaspora.

And I still fault her for bothering about the NYSC exemption to begin with.

Her Exemption certificate is not Legally obtained! Face the facts man. No NYSC staff would give anybody exemption, if the age on your certificate is reading below 30.

You are defending a criminal merely because she comes from your tribe. Face it.

If this had been an Ebere or Chioma, trust me you won't be spewing all these trash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by Throwback: 10:44am On Sep 17, 2018
naijapips04:

IF they like they should return from Mars. Any day they choose to return, they must give Nigeria One year of unalloyed service. That is what the law says.

I understand your own perspective regarding serving whenever they did return, if the NYSC statutes legitimately allows that, as opposed to some under the table setup that some might be engaging in only to also later discover it is just a ruse also.

But my concern is with the attitude of Nigerians who are voicing that a "diasporan" ought to have returned to Nigeria to serve in NYSC at that time they graduated in their foreign society.
Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by jaxxy(m): 10:46am On Sep 17, 2018
[quote author=femiti post=71271465][/quote]

Tell me what’s the gravity is compared to other corruption issues we have pls.

In the uk if u forge ur birth certificates u can go to jail bt here in Nigeria we have people with obviously fake birth certificates and ages declarations moving and working freely. We shud investigate them too.

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

You are wrong. It is hausa that don’t want dismemberment.

We have discussed it so many times and it is even obvious. You just keep including Yorubas to make yourself feel good.

The average Yoruba is Indifferent about unity or dismemberment. He just wants things to go well within his region.

Please don’t ever repeat this lie again and kindly face up north with your secession issue/worries.
How is being indifferent an action?
Do you know the meaning of that adjective? If you move for a nation as Igbos want, Hausas can't do anything about it. But You won't do a thing and...

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by naijapips04: 10:47am On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:

I understand your own perspective regarding serving whenever they did return, if the NYSC statutes legitimately allows that, as opposed to some under the table setup that some might be engaging in only to also later discover it is just a ruse also.

But anger is with the attitude of Nigerians who are voicing that a "diasporan" ought to have returned to Nigeria to serve in NYSC at that time they graduated in their foreign society.

This is what the drafters of NYSC law foresaw and reason why they didn't put a max age limit for service.

3 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by sekem: 10:47am On Sep 17, 2018
ojialo:
na to tell you say Nairaland don dey turn to 2go where kids go dey vomit shit for mouth anyhow.

I agree with you
Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by Throwback: 10:47am On Sep 17, 2018
naijapips04:

Her Exemption certificate is not Legally obtained! Face the facts man. No NYSC staff would give anybody exemption, if the age on your certificate is reading below 30.

You are defending a criminal merely because she comes from your tribe. Face it.

If this had been an Ebere or Chioma, trust me you won't be spewing all these trash.

Maybe that's how you operate. Speak for yourself, while I speak for myself.

All I have said is in black and white, I fail to see where my arguments come off as tribal.

Maybe Alibaba is also tribal?
Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by hush15: 10:48am On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:

Nobody is arguing that she serve or did not serve. Ignorance is not an excuse no matter how it seems. The onus was on her to ensure the right was done. More especially she knew she going for public office, even moreso in a very controversial government. So its not an excuse come what may. I wont be surprised even if its help party members that helped her arranges it whem she was nominated for commissioner. She should have ensure the certificate was legit but greed and pursuit of being a commissioner overshadowed her reasoning. She enjoyed the office, but she must also share in the pain.

True people in NYSC office may have faulted but your president doesnt care about that, strenghtening institutions has never been his concern so we cant expect much from there.

The bigger ish that Mr President is incompetent and why people dont understand that still amazes me. This is someone who spent close to 7months to pick ministers. His highly esteemed DSS couldnt even do a proper background check if assuming all others failed but Mr Presidents last line of defence messed up. Even when the issue came up, He could have just done a small cabinet shakeup to let all sleeping dogs lie by rather but he rather let things get out of hand. Even when the woman resigned, he kept her. What sort of incompetency is that.

If i decided to go with Alibaba's explanation, its still show the ineptitude of the government in power anyway. It reveals the massive corruption that still lingers within this government. Either way, people can keep supporting such incompetence at the expense of their future and that of this country, no problem. When it finally happens, it will affect all and sundry and just maybe thats what we need as a nation to revolt

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by chiddyj: 10:49am On Sep 17, 2018
FOREIGN TRAINED GRADUATES
The process begins with the evaluation of credentials and other related documents i.e. International passport.

After the evaluation of credentials the foreign trained graduate is then registered and this is physically done at the NYSC directorate headquarters, Abuja. It is at the point of registration that the classification of who to be called-up or who to be exempted; is determined.

Certificates of Exemption are therefore produced for those exempted from service.

Such Certificates of Exemption for foreign graduates are to be collected at the NYSC directorate headquarters at the stipulated time communicated.

Please note:

Collection of Certificate of Exemption is grouped under the three batches of the service year, depending on the date of registration. This equally would be communicated to exempted graduates at the point of registration.

Collection of Certificate of Exemption is strictly with identification such as International passport and the bearer MUST BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT.

In accordance with the National Youth Service Corps Decree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) it is stipulated that;

"With effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification" :

He is over the age of thirty (30) years

He has served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or

He is a member of staff of any of the following:

The Nigerian Security Organization or

The State Security Service, or

The National Intelligence Agency or

The Defence Intelligence Service

He has been conferred with any National Honour.

These categories of persons are therefore exempted from service and issued with the Certificates of Exemption

From NYSC website....pls let's argue intellectually

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal by Yankiss(m): 10:52am On Sep 17, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
Mumu wan defend kemi thinking she would open legs for him grin
What do you really mean Open legs, how? You people disgust me with uncouth insinuations. I stand with Alibaba on this one. The puritanists do not really understand the implications of so many actions we take until they are victim themselves. It could have been anyone. Not just Kemi Adeosun. We are not really there yet. The system is so dysfunctional. Resignation in this matter suffices. Unless we can prove she knew the exemption certificate was fake and she was just being dishonest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Iara Oshiomhole In Imo State For August Meeting (photo) / Buhari Polls 1.3m Votes In Katsina - Leadership / End Of The Road For Nyesom Wike - By Abu Njakku (Daily Trust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.