Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,121 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... (6344 Views)

Senate Presidency: Why Akpabio May Lose Support Of Colleagues / Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi / 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by Gabriel004: 8:02am On Sep 18, 2018
resurgent2019:

OMG, Babaramota, God will bless you and all you hold dear. You have spoken the mind of millions of Nigerians by explaining those against Biafra!

I have lectured and sought to help the igbos actualise Biafra on this forum for 7 years but what do I get? Hate and insults from the same people who made my yoruba tribe hate me

May the Yoruba nation never witness the calamity of an igbo Presidency as that will spell doom for the very existence of the Yorubas. The igbos will make sure they extract their pound of flesh for transgressions Yorubas never committed.

Since they have failed to be civil and rational in social discourse and interactions with other tribes, may they continue to be at the backwaters of Nigeria’s political milieu for life!
They dare not.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by Gabriel004: 8:13am On Sep 18, 2018
Olril18:

they kill, they kill, absolute trash they keep talking about?
who are those that killed, igbo civilians or military leaders?
so igbo civilians should suffer for what a few stupidd people did.. haven't the unprogrebyssive northerners retaliated the killings by themselves killing thousands of innocent igbos?
between killing of thousands of civilians who are innocent and we're not there when the plan to kill those bunch of political leaders was being plotted and retaliating by killing innocent Nigerians in their thousands because they are igbos, I know which one is much worse than the other.

didn't fajuyi also participated in the coup?
why don't we Yorubas take vicarious liability for his and other pockets of Yorubas who participated in the first coup.
Yoruba and hypocrisy should go hand in hand.
Which fajuyi this one is talking about? Where is your prove tjat fajuyi participate. You are yoruba my foot.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 18, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

The bottom line of Yoruba society is diversity....whether in politics, in commerce, or in marriage. Yoruba race have never in our history been known to hate anyone, not even people we went to war with. While Oyo warred Dahomey, trade between the two was still on going and markets did not stop operating. While Yoruba warred Fulani the two were still meeting in mosques and saying prayers together and Fulani clerics were still lecturing in Yorubaland, neither were Yorubas passing through Fulani territory to Agades for trade harrassed.

In fact during Biafran war there were pockets of Ibos that did not return home but remained behind in Yorubaland.

So we are not a hateful society....but by God, its hard not to hate Ibo.

I was, few weeks ago, looking online for history on some legal documents that Herbert Macauley signed regarding Amodu Tijjani's case against Oba of Lagos and the Colony as defendants, I found it but also stumbled on a very important document about how they traded slaves in Lagos before abolishment. The Portuguese and the Dutch addressed the sitting Oba of Lagos like they were talking to their own King. They were even pleading with him to intercede on their behalf to open more trades hinterland. So who is Ibo in Lagos? You are nothing! Lagos has always been a commercial nerve center of prosperity. Lagos will not miss a heartbeat when you leave. I am yet to see an Ibo migrant that entered Lagos with pocket full of millions... Lagos is your benefactor. You can never bring Lagos to its knees, but Lagos can wreck your fortunes.

We will not go into history as a hateful tribe. We must put a wall between you and us so that our frustrations with you does not spillover into violence and wipeout.

It is very important an Ibo does not ascend the presidency of this country. Just as an attachment, without presidential power, under Jonathan look at what your sister did. So imagine if you were the ruler with presidential powers....what should we expect?

It makes no sense responding to you in kind. I am not in this platform to promote hate, so you are strictly on your own. I declare that I do not hate Yoruba or Hausa or any other group or tribe in Nigerian. I deal with people on the basis of their individual personality. You have here confirmed that you find it hard not to hate an Igbo. I tell you right away that your hate is like the water which falls on the back of tortoise. Let me make it clear: the hate of you and your ilk is nothing. You will never express it overtly and you will ever suffer in silent frustration. If you check in history the hate you and your ilk propagate has not resolved any problems for Nigeria. Rather it has brought collateral damage and hurting even those you might claim to love. The point I seek to make is that when you promote the vilest creatures among us to the pinnacle of power, every one of us will feel the impact equally. The Igbo continues to struggle and survive. His struggle in the streets of Lagos or any other part of Nigeria is not different from that of his peers who are of different tribe including the indigenous population. No matter what you do the situation will stay the same because we are in one indivisible country. That's why I am always asking when you will get tired of doing the same things over several decades and still expect to get a different result.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by pazienza(m): 10:22am On Sep 18, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Pazienza,
Ibos are ruinous! You always want to be at top but once there you are incompetent and ruin everything.

To drive home the danger of placing an Ibo at top I'm going to your homeland to bring up Akanu Ibiam International Airport as example. The attached pictures says it all.

Before Oduah became minister this airport had never been flooded and operated safely. So did her intervention help or ruined the facility?

Her intervention are the Ibos she filled into positions as heads.

Your governors, your stakeholders and people that need safe operation of the airport to make income are complaining. Do you see Capt. Ore's name here? Do you see any Yoruba amongst the aggrieved? No, they are all Ibos.

Prior to Oduah's intervention Akanu Ibiam had a functioning service and a well operated and functioning cargo hub.

So your posts support my call to block any and all opportunity by which Ibo will ever become president in Nigeria.

If absence of Ibo at top posts make airports operate well and services functioned hitch free and businesses had no complaint...but once competent hands were sacked to position Ibo as the boss, then all things that worked before ceased functioning and facilities even became death traps for passengers and airlines, then we should endeavor to keep Ibo away from positions of leadership!

Abuja and Lagos airports also get flooded.

But the funny thing is that each time they get flooded, the Aviation ministry comes out to claim that it's an airport in SE and not any of those two that flooded.
Lagos airport got flooded some years back, passengers videoed it and posted on you tube, but aviation ministry officials came out claiming it was Sam Mbakwe airport Imo state that was in the video, like we all can't see again.
When Abuja airport got flooded, the same aviation ministry handlers claimed it was Enugu Airport that flooded.

Nigeria authorities are determined to always put SE aviation industry in bad light, just to justify their neglect and demonic schemes to prevent the region from having fully functional international airport.
Flooded airport had never stopped Lagos and Abuja from being International airports, and the FG haven't spent 1/10th of the amount it spent on each of those two, on Enugu. Yet you demonically expect Enugu to be world class overnight, when you had spent next to nothing there.

Captain Dele Ore is a typical Yoruba man, who believes SE should continue passing through the bad roads of Benin Ore, to board international flights. Our region he reasons must continue to serve as local hubs feeding Lagos and Abuja international destinations. But you know, this anomaly have an expiry date.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by Xander85: 11:56am On Sep 18, 2018
Gabriel004:
What happened when the north gave you people quit notice to help your dream. Why did they not leave, why begging. So you expect me to read for you in order for you to pass your exam right.

Dude, please tell me you're joking!

You ever heard of the saying, 'placing the cart before the horse'? The Biafrans/Igbo haven't been given the referendum they've been asking for, never mind finally seceding; resources from Igboland are still being exploited by Nigeria...all this is still in place yet you call a meeting at Arewa house and demand Igbos leave the north!?

Besides, you do realise the Christian middle-belt disassociated themselves from that call as was to be expected, leaving only the hardcore, northern Islamists?

Personally, i wanted them to make good on their threat to expel Igbos from the north, but you and i know they were just bluffing! Any action by them to follow up on their threat would have handed IPOB the cause they were looking for to push for secession and the abokis were well aware of that fact!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by TundeBricklayer: 12:45pm On Sep 18, 2018

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by MayorofLagos(m): 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2018
BabaRamota, why you worry yourself now? This is a forgone conclusion, there is no Ibo qualified for Nigerian Presidency. None, period! Any party that put them on its platform is crazy and a looser. This is already written in concrete, calm down my brother. grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by wowcatty: 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
You are either confused or just being IIgbo mischievous that is. Blackmailing is when instead of owning up, you are playing victims and trying to dissuade someone from talking about your evil past as evident in this thread.

Again, your Apple to Orange is a load of bullcrap

Xander85:

It seems you just bandy phrases about without knowing the meaning! It's clear to all that throwback despises Igbos...don't you read his posts? So where does 'emotional blackmail' come into it?

Anyone saying i despise Nigeria or dislike sharing the same country with the likes of the Fulani would be right because it can be seen in my past posts! I wouldn't accuse them of 'emotional blackmail' just because i feel my arguments don't have a leg to stand on.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by wowcatty: 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
Igbos will always be Igbos, they can't help it, they have to lie about everything.
Throwback:

Oti ooo!

Igbos don't commit any evil, rather they are the ones who have evil committed against them.

Lagos-Ibadam press of Afonja have only told lies against the Igbos.

In fact, I have once debated a self righteous Igbo on this forum who posited that it was wicked Yoruba press that exacerbated the post coup pogrom in the North by reporting on the gloating of the Igbo. As though the Fulani man in Kaduna or Kano needed to read or hear news from the SouthWest about the jubilations of the Igbos in the same Northern markets were both traded, with the Igbo personally reminding him how they killed their leader and he was crying and begging like a ram poised to be slaughtered.
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by BabaRamota1980: 11:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
MayorofLagos:
BabaRamota, why you worry yourself now? This is a forgone conclusion, there is no Ibo qualified for Nigerian Presidency. None, period! Any party that put them on its platform is crazy and a looser. This is already written in concrete, calm down my brother. grin

Alaye oro omo ibo su mi jare. grin
How Chinyere and the babies, hope they are good?

Walahi Ibo matter don tire me. grin. Ibo matter no be part time job, na full time occupation. If i had a blog site it will be nothing discussed all day long beside Ibo. cool
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by Ugosample(m): 11:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
Bane2020:
It's early in the morning, in an ideal world people are waking up to pursue the order of the day, someone in another clime is wrapping up a project and research paper, someone is saying his/her morning prayers and other routines other normal people do... But what do we have here? A pack of jobless idiots waking up with Igbo matter on thier miserable heads, they sleep with Igbos tormenting them, wake up with Igbos tormenting them... even the ones in the diaspora aren't any different. As an Igbo I'm not sure if I should be flattered or scared of this morbid obsession... issa very serious matter grin

don't mind these jokers here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Oyetola Takes COVID-19 Vaccine / LAGOS -Non Igbos And IGBOS Reject CENSUS / Pictures From SNG's Town Hall Meeting In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.