Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) (98583 Views)

Uche Maduagwu Wears Bra After Coming Out As Gay / Gentle Jack Celebrates His Birthday Today. See His Throwback & Now Photos / 21 Years After: 'Titanic' Stars Then And Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by chiogoezubem(f): 10:41pm On Sep 17, 2018
This movie was da bomb then. How time flies and man ages. I looooved! Eddie Murphy so much in that movie.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2018
Kissgrafix1:
. Mehn never knew this was L. Jackson

The resemblance is somehow there

1 Like

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 10:44pm On Sep 17, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
When is the movie coming out?

Seriously? The film is 30 years old this year and u are asking when it is coming out?
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by wildkat: 10:45pm On Sep 17, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
When is the movie coming out?

It will come out last week
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by tomakint: 11:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
Fantastic piece explorer
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by vickertony(m): 11:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
My favorite Quote
From Akeem to Lisa
"When you think of garbage, think of Akeem"
lovely movie..
Lovely memories!

1 Like

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by vickertony(m): 11:04pm On Sep 17, 2018
My favorite Quote
From Akeem to Lisa
"When you think of garbage, think of Akeem"
lovely movie..
Lovely memories!

1 Like

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 11:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
Explorers:
The film was released in the United States on June 29, 1988, ultimately earning $289 million at the global box office.

Eddie Murphy plays Akeem Joffer, the crown prince of the wealthy African nation of Zamunda, who comes to the United States in the hopes of finding a woman he can marry.

Crown prince Akeem Joffer grows weary of his pampered lifestyle on his 21st birthday and wishes to do more for himself.

When his parents, King Jaffe and Queen Aeoleon, present him with an arranged bride-to-be, Akeem takes action.

Seeking an independent woman who loves him for himself and not his social status, Akeem and his best friend/personal aide, Semmi, travel to the New York City borough of Queens and rent a squalid tenement in the neighborhood of Long Island City under the guise of poor foreign students.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/stars-coming-america-are-they-1095528/item/eddie-murphy-cast-coming-america-are-they-1092847
Good job OP. I watched the movie for the first time around ,1998. I love it to pieces. I still watch it once in a while as my hubby happened to keep the CD. Lovely.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Emusan(m): 11:27pm On Sep 17, 2018
luckgood:

FORK U! grin

Yes yes...fuc.k you too grin grin grin
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by poseidon12: 12:02am On Sep 18, 2018
Emusan:

Waooooo she's still maintaining her lepar...at 55 I can still marry her.... explorer, help me do a research on how to submit a proposal.

You can still marry her? Just like that, without dating? You sound like you are doing her a favor by saying that. Well, American ladies are not crazy about being married. Over there, it's not a taboo to be single or divorced.

1 Like

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by SkinnyNigga: 12:16am On Sep 18, 2018
Explorers:
Frankie Faison (Mr. Townsend).

Mr. Townsend was Akeem's and Semmi’s landlord in Queens.
banshee. The OG bartender
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by safarigirl(f): 12:17am On Sep 18, 2018
kingreign:

Omoh this one fugly quench as e don old o. shocked
he's a very handsome old man. He plays the Chief Judge on the series For The People these days.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by KingLennon(m): 12:18am On Sep 18, 2018
BrokenCock:
Many are fine, few are woski. Blessed are the ruggeds for they shall see the unclothedness of odin
Norwish?

1 Like

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by tunjijones(m): 12:36am On Sep 18, 2018
How come nobody is talking abt oha.... The kings mouth piece. She is your queen to be... Forgotten the lyrics of the song now. I watched that movie more than 100 times. I knew all the words of the movie back then

1 Like

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by somehow: 1:05am On Sep 18, 2018
Enjoying the movie

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by somehow: 1:06am On Sep 18, 2018
Yippy

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by somehow: 1:10am On Sep 18, 2018
Could you have given all these up for me?

Niyaaaa

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 1:54am On Sep 18, 2018
wow wow
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by ernieboy(m): 2:16am On Sep 18, 2018
jaxxy:

Lol I never noticed Cuba Gooding jr. in this film. Quite surprised
probably because he was just a kid back then.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by OyinO: 3:13am On Sep 18, 2018
Greatest movie
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Gemc3(f): 6:35am On Sep 18, 2018
This movie ehn, I've seen it like a million times. A true classic!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Gemc3(f): 6:38am On Sep 18, 2018
Explorers:
Shari Headley (Lisa McDowell).

Lisa is the oldest daughter of Cleo McDowell.

Akeem instantly feels an attraction to her, but she has a boyfriend, Darryl Jenks, keeping them apart.

Once Lisa and Akeem start dating, he tells her that he comes from a poor family to make sure she loves him for him.

She's 55 years old now.

Still beautiful
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Gemc3(f): 6:42am On Sep 18, 2018
Explorers:
Frankie Faison (Mr. Townsend).

Mr. Townsend was Akeem's and Semmi’s landlord in Queens.

My guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Gemc3(f): 6:43am On Sep 18, 2018
internationalman:
And Samuel L Jackson is still very much valid till today.

What a longevity...

This post will hit front page bcoz explorer and AutoJosh are other usernames of the moderators

I couldn't agree more

1 Like

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 18, 2018
Explorers:
Shari Headley (Lisa McDowell).

Lisa is the oldest daughter of Cleo McDowell.

Akeem instantly feels an attraction to her, but she has a boyfriend, Darryl Jenks, keeping them apart.

Once Lisa and Akeem start dating, he tells her that he comes from a poor family to make sure she loves him for him.

She's 55 years old now.

Fine wine kiss
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Ishilove: 8:54am On Sep 18, 2018
joeyswift:
James Earl Jones voice is legendary. This is CNN and mufasa in Lion King
This is news to me. He has a memorable voice, quite like Peter Cullen (Voltron/Optimus Prime)

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Mryacks: 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
GURION:

grin

aka waka pass.

No wonder why I never knew he featured in this movie then.

Despise not the days of your humble beginnings.

Just knowing for the first time that Cuba was in that fil, and I have watched it a" "million times" grin

1 Like

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by tintingz(m): 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2018
enemmo:

Madge Sinclair.

She died in 1995.

Coincidentally James Earl Jones and Madge Sinclair (Akeems parents) also voiced Mufasa and Sarabii(King and Queen of Prideland) in Disneys Lion King
I knew about James Earl voiced Mufasa but never knew Medge Sinclair was the one that voiced Simba's mother. Oh, she's gone, who will now voice the live action Lion King movie.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by GURION: 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2018
Mryacks:

Just knowing for the first time that Cuba was in that fil, and I have watched it a" "million times" grin

Same here ooo
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by joeyswift(m): 1:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
Peter Cullen's voice is amazing too
Ishilove:

This is news to me. He has a memorable voice, quite like Peter Cullen (Voltron/Optimus Prime)
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by AnuliKay: 2:30pm On Sep 18, 2018
I love this movie. It was amazing.

The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards held today at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.It is a star-studded affair, hosted by Saturday Night Live’s Colin Jost and Michael Che.

One reason we love award shows, are the red carpet looks. These beautiful ensembles are a staple at every award show and leave us yearning for more. The 2018 Emmy’s is no exception as the photographs below will prove. In no particular order, here are the top twenty dresses on the Emmy Red Carpet.

See all the beautiful looks: https://kaynuli.com/the-top-20-best-dresses-at-the-emmys/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Between Tunde Ednut, Bobrisky And Ghanaian Girl Who Doesn't Wear Bra (Photos) / Pretty Mike Chains 2 Girls, Steps Out With Them (pics/vid) / Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.