Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) (98740 Views)

Uche Maduagwu Wears Bra After Coming Out As Gay / Gentle Jack Celebrates His Birthday Today. See His Throwback & Now Photos / 21 Years After: 'Titanic' Stars Then And Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by OShepherd: 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2018
I honestly recommend this movie & Titanic for singles who value their future than present. Try d tactics & U'll be happy 4 Ur choice come rain or shine cos U'll experience both weather but Ur foundation matters!!! Gr8 Eddy!!!

1 Like

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by ukandi1(m): 8:34pm On Sep 17, 2018
Explorers:
Vanessa Bell Calloway.

Calloway was supposed to be his "queen to be," but Imani Izzi was just a bit too submissive for Prince Akeem.

She barked like a dog, a big dog while hopping on one foot, all to prove her love for the young prince.

She is 61
vanessabellcalloway.com
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by SirToby(m): 8:34pm On Sep 17, 2018
AlphaStyles:
wait na ghost act her part? shey na 12years she take live for earth?
Sorry for the error. it's 1940-1995.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by IdeeEsperanza(m): 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2018
Explorers:
Eddie Murphy (Prince Akeem, Randy Watson, Saul and Clarence).

Played Prince Akeem, the spoiled prince of Zamunda who had never once tied his own shoes.

Along with playing Akeem, Murphy plays three other characters, with the comedian taking on other roles in what would become a hallmark of his films.

Murphy also plays Randy Watson, the singer from R&B group Sexual Chocolate as well as barbershop owner Clarence and customer Saul.

He's now 57.

I used to call him "Eldie Morphine" ignorantly. Childhood ehn

1 Like

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by SirToby(m): 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2018
luckgood:

Can you repeat this again?
It's 1940-1995. My bad.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Enskynelson(m): 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2018
ebig21:

which of the movie the only person currently 80 years in coming to America is the king, Eddie Murphy was 27 when he acted the movie. the old men in the movie is Eddie Murphy. Pete Edochie acted that movie, Nkem owoh, patience Ozokwor, die Wait ikpechukwu, Carmela mberekpe, chinwe owoh. please I'm tired of listing. most of them are still alive
Justus Esiri
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by orlahtohbadt(m): 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2018
RedboneSmith:

Ah. I was waiting for Allison. On some level I was more into her than I was Lisa, despite the movie making her out to be ratchet and shallow. Guess it's because I have this thing for dark-skinned girls.
Your head is correct.. I dug her too than Lisa.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by ukandi1(m): 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2018
luckgood:

Can you repeat this again?

It's true. I checked it now too. Died of leukaemia at 55

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madge_Sinclair
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2018
some black women really are beautiful.

Anyone noticed Eddy murphy's nose then and now? Seems he had a nose Repair.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by ebig21(m): 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2018
Enskynelson:

The only old person in the movie you cited is Pete Edochie. The rest are likely not up to 60.

nkem owoh is 62 years old , patience ozokwor just turned 60, die wait ikpechukwu was okonkwo's father unoka in the movie so he is probably up to seventy, there is one man in the movie I have forgotten his name he is still alive and probably 80 something years, there is one actor that has died but he died 90 + , he acted ogbuefi ezeudu. so stop saying life expectancy. Cancer kills many people in America, have you heard about pediatric cancer, it affects children. it's predominantly in USA, they are even campaigning against it, have you witnessed earthquake, cyclone,tsunami and tornadoes.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Enskynelson(m): 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
ebig21:

nkem owoh is 62 years old , patience ozokwor just turned 60, die wait ikpechukwu was okonkwo's father unoka in the movie so he is probably up to seventy, there is one man in the movie I have forgotten his name he is still alive and probably 80 something years, there is one actor that has died but he died 90 + , he acted ogbuefi ezeudu. so stop saying life expectancy. Cancer kills many people in America, have you heard about pediatric cancer, it affects children. it's predominantly in USA, they are even campaigning against it, have you witnessed earthquake, cyclone,tsunami and tornadoes.

So, you mean to say contrary to what I said that life expectancy is higher in Nigeria? Idongerrit
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Ranchhoddas: 9:05pm On Sep 17, 2018
enemmo:
Mr Explorers, what about this woman? grin grin
"if you are really a prince then I'll marry you"

1 Like

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Truthsbitter: 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
No research on those n@ked girls in the pool with Murphy ??
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by TheStarsAlign: 9:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
Claps
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:14pm On Sep 17, 2018
Nice post. My family and I watched this movie more than 30 times. We used our VHS player to record it. Every Sunday we must watch this movie. Very interesting movie. Kudos to all the cast and crew of this movie.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Ranchhoddas: 9:15pm On Sep 17, 2018
Yuceeluv:
What of the pastor na..."I just love the Lord o!...I just love the Lord ooo...and if loving the Lord is wrong,I don't wanna be right... I don't wanna be riiiighhhttt...I don't wanna be right!
Some people played more than one character. The pastor was played by Arsenio Hall (Semmi).
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Greenback: 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2018
Please I need explanation on vvvv
grin grin cheesy grin grin grin

1 Share

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by JerryLegend(m): 9:30pm On Sep 17, 2018
Mystiquefia:

kom to think of it. Yet our movies in Nigeria, plus the ones shot i n 2018 don't even come close to this movie in anything comparism wise. na who do us this thing for africa

You can say that again bro. Everything is just wrong in sector in this country, even in Africa. Seems it's cursed. Only God and change of orientation can help us.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by GENTLETEE(m): 9:39pm On Sep 17, 2018
Something to look back and smile!!
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Eeyaniyi(m): 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2018
Explorers:
The film was released in the United States on June 29, 1988, ultimately earning $289 million at the global box office.

Eddie Murphy plays Akeem Joffer, the crown prince of the wealthy African nation of Zamunda, who comes to the United States in the hopes of finding a woman he can marry.

Crown prince Akeem Joffer grows weary of his pampered lifestyle on his 21st birthday and wishes to do more for himself.

When his parents, King Jaffe and Queen Aeoleon, present him with an arranged bride-to-be, Akeem takes action.

Seeking an independent woman who loves him for himself and not his social status, Akeem and his best friend/personal aide, Semmi, travel to the New York City borough of Queens and rent a squalid tenement in the neighborhood of Long Island City under the guise of poor foreign students.

Evergreen movie!!!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/stars-coming-america-are-they-1095528/item/eddie-murphy-cast-coming-america-are-they-1092847
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by infofta(m): 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
What about Hohan the bodyguard.
From the pictures, I'm gradually getting old too.

1 Like

Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by clumsydyna: 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
enemmo:
Mr Explorers, what about this woman? grin grin
You've got one honey, take a chance.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
Explorers:
Cuba Gooding Jr. (Boy Getting Haircut).

Cuba Gooding Jr. made his film debut in Coming to America. He was credited as "boy getting haircut."

He just sits in the chair while Clarence the barbershop owner argues about boxing.

Lol.. So na that guy be this? His acting now us always cool to watch.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by luckgood(m): 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2018
Yuceeluv:
Yes! Yes!...Fork you too cheesy

I like that.. you a fan. Some peeps won't understand.lol
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by don89(m): 10:16pm On Sep 17, 2018
Wow ,i love post.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by hardbody: 10:18pm On Sep 17, 2018
uuzba:

Hmm. Just buy credit and download it from torrent sites. Travel to village because of film. Are we in 1885?

English comprehension must be very difficult for you. Please read again what I posted, this time aloud and very carefully. I watch a movie whenever I travel is different from i travel to watch a movie. Which rustic school did you attend and were you taught in English or your vernacular? I suggest you commence a process of retrieving your tuition, even your teacher needs to be taught....by my cousins 8 years and below.
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Zehner(f): 10:23pm On Sep 17, 2018
So I just finished watching this movie again on Netflix.
Courtesy of this thread. grin

Ever green. Very nice movie
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by ebig21(m): 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2018
Enskynelson:

So, you mean to say contrary to what I said that life expectancy is higher in Nigeria? Idongerrit

yea
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by Joystark(f): 10:35pm On Sep 17, 2018
Explorers:
Samuel L. Jackson (Robber).
Samuel L. Jackson played a robber attacking McDowell’s.
Akeem and Semmi save the day, impressing Lisa in the process.
Wow.... I had no idea�
Re: 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 10:37pm On Sep 17, 2018
cheesy
I8id:
if I hear, the two old parrot cutting hair must have being dead by now grin
grin
I8id:
if I hear, the two old parrot cutting hair must have being dead by now grin

Two Parrots indeed lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Don Jazzy's Childhood Throwback Photos / Mike Ezuruonye: Don't Let This Dance Style Come To Nigeria (photos / The J3 Sisters: Meet Jare Ijalana, And Joba, Jomiloju, Her Sisters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.