Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them (98650 Views)

Salawa Abeni’s Nude: YABATECH Student Arrested / Salawa Abeni TVC Interview About Her Nude Photo & Blackmailer, Jason (Video) / Salawa Abeni Releases Her Nude Pictures To Stop Blackmailer Threatening Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by sleekgist4: 5:50am On Apr 04, 2020
Insider could have leaked my nude photos –Salawa Abeni

Popular singer, Salawa Abeni, became a trending topic online during the week when she released some semi-nude pictures of herself on Instagram. She did this after an individual identified as Jason had attempted to blackmail her with the photos. Jason had sent her the photos on WhatsApp, threatening to release more to the public if Abeni didn’t pay him. However, in a bid to thwart his attempts, the musician released the photos herself.

On what gave her the courage to release the pictures herself on social media, Abeni told Saturday Beats, “Firstly, I am not a child. I cannot even recall where that photo was taken. I’m not sure whether I was even in the hospital or with my partner. It must have been taken more than 20 years ago. I’ll be 60 next year and I have spent 46 years on stage, so for anyone to decide to blackmail me in this critical time when the world is on lockdown, battling the coronavirus pandemic; that is bad. So, since the person threatened to release the photo, I decided to ‘help’ him by posting the photo online myself.

“Whenever I travel abroad, I am treated importantly. So, why should someone be threatening me with blackmail in my own country? He was asking me to negotiate with him; that after I made the payment, he would make a video of himself burning the pictures. I put all the conversation we had online.

“Is nudity that sacred? I gave birth four times and I exposed my unclothedness to the doctors and nurses at those times. There was nothing for me to be scared of. I have God and people behind me.

Salawa noted that she was overwhelmed with the support she had got from Nigerians. She said, “I don’t even know how to thank Nigerians and people from across the world. I always knew that people loved Salawa but I didn’t know it was this much. Since the time I put the picture online, people have been calling me non-stop. People have been cursing the person and calling him on my behalf. Many people regard me as a legend and they felt I shouldn’t be treated that way. On my Instagram page, I had over 1,000 comments.”

On whether the blackmailer had contacted her after she put the pictures online, the Waka exponent said, “If you were the one, would you have contacted me after what I did? He doesn’t even pick his calls anymore because a lot of people have been calling him. If you call the number, it is identified as ‘Scammer’ by a popular caller identifying App.”

On whether she had made a report to the police, Abeni said, “I have made a complaint to the police and they are working on it at the moment. I am confident that the Nigeria Police will arrest him. Even before I made a formal report to the police, some people had reported the case on my behalf.”

Salawa also said she wasn’t ruling out the fact that an insider could have leaked the photos to the blackmailer. She added, “It is said that if the enemy within does not get one, the one outside cannot get one. We should only pray that God should save us from those watching us that we are not aware of. I am a human being and I am entitled to my privacy.”

Lending some words of advice to other entertainers that could be in similar situations in the future, the ‘Orin Tuntun’ singer said, “People stood up for me and that further strengthened me. Anybody who is faced with such situation should go public about it so people can rally round them to fight the ‘enemy’. It could happen to a man or woman. Things like this have happened in the past and it will likely continue to happen.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/insider-could-have-leaked-my-nude-photos-salawa-abeni/%3famp=1

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by densiks: 5:58am On Apr 04, 2020
Was this a PR stunt or what?

I have nothing against her but I’m wondering why she should be involved in a nudes blackmail issue.

13 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by Olunmercy56(f): 6:15am On Apr 04, 2020
Bad market for the lazy man grin grin

261 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by iyatrustee(f): 6:59am On Apr 04, 2020
densiks:

I think mostly fans of Fuji music would have really ever heard of her.

She was married to Kollington Ayinla and held sway on the fuji scene till the mid 90s. Any true fan from that period knows her definitely.

278 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by bluebay(m): 7:15am On Apr 04, 2020
densiks:

I think mostly fans of Fuji music would have really ever heard of her.
Hey, everyone knows her.

169 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by VillageHead: 7:46am On Apr 04, 2020
Bad market for guy man!

The face of that lazy youth right now upon realizing that he has hit a vehicle carrying sand.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by Ernerstdavid55(m): 7:47am On Apr 04, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 04, 2020
How come your nude is with someone else?
Are you an ex-olosho?

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by tegini: 7:47am On Apr 04, 2020
where is the picture ,abi na audio picture

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by lekkan(m): 7:48am On Apr 04, 2020
Okay.... Let's continue fighting corona virus

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by babyfaceafrica: 7:48am On Apr 04, 2020
Blackmailers are evil.. Nice one queen

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by BruncleZuma: 7:48am On Apr 04, 2020
grin grin grin grin

Wetin, we gain?

[img]https://i./fxzR.gif[/img]

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by GodSaklek(m): 7:49am On Apr 04, 2020
Mama is old, nobody care to check those pictures

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by silento(m): 7:49am On Apr 04, 2020
Worst nude of the decade a nude person can't get a hard on from it that one na nude? undecided

16 Likes

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by ignis: 7:49am On Apr 04, 2020
The man has lost a business deal.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by iWasNotHere(m): 7:49am On Apr 04, 2020
Nude like Pawpaw that has spoilt

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by unitysheart(m): 7:49am On Apr 04, 2020
Abeni Ade the waka queen

12 Likes

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by Jh0wsef(m): 7:49am On Apr 04, 2020
Km
Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by DriggityDre: 7:49am On Apr 04, 2020
Lying hore! A few days ago, a nairalander exposed the slight error in her clout-chasing. She posted pictures of the whatsapp conversation on Instagram but whatsapp doesn't display AM and PM in small letters. It's meant to be "Last seen at 9:00AM", not "Last seen at 9:00am".
But hers was in lowercase! Meaning it was doctored.

Also, She tried to imitate American Singer/Songwriter Sia. In 2015 or so, Sia was been genuinely black-mailed by someone with her nudes. She then decided to post it herself (she blurred it sha). It seems this worn-out black hole newspaper wanted to trend but she made herself look stupid to the smart people. Eventually, dumbos will still fall! Stunt nko, she no still do that wan well.

Wasted black-hole newspaper angry... Lies irritate me
To those quoting me why I am angry, I said it: LIES IRRITATE ME

15 Likes

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by Sonnobax15(m): 7:49am On Apr 04, 2020
lipsrsealed And yet,she ended up tarnishing her image and reputation by herself.....lets hope her decision shouldn't come back to haunt her and her family in the future because we nigerians are good at keeping records.....

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by LandMann: 7:50am On Apr 04, 2020
NCC should intervene as Airtel is now preventing us from accessing mobile apps like YouTube, Facebook and Google drive with our already subscribed data unless we make a special subscription for them.

Someone please provide me with NCC number to report Airtel for the fraud

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by samonak(m): 7:50am On Apr 04, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by optimus106(m): 7:51am On Apr 04, 2020
Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by ignis: 7:51am On Apr 04, 2020
[quote author=LandMann post=88078157]NCC should intervene as Airtel is now preventing us from accessing mobile apps like YouTube, Facebook and Google drive with our already subscribed data unless we make a special subscription for them.

Someone please provide me with NCC number to report Airtel for the fraud[/quote
I use airtel and i access all apps..

Change your phone bro.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by Millz404(m): 7:51am On Apr 04, 2020
Nobody wants to see old people's nude

https://

2 Likes

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by popweezy(m): 7:51am On Apr 04, 2020
The idiot blackmailer will be in pain right now

3 Likes

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by toxxnoni(m): 7:51am On Apr 04, 2020
Ok
Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by Martinola(m): 7:51am On Apr 04, 2020
Beta
Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by tiswell(m): 7:52am On Apr 04, 2020
How did her nudes get to the blackmailer? I bet it's 'side sugar boo" package gone wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them by whytediamond(m): 7:52am On Apr 04, 2020
What guys do for money mheenn cry

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Throwback And Recent Photos Of Katung Aduwak: Winner Of Big Brother Nigeria 2006 / The J3 Sisters: Meet Jare Ijalana, And Joba, Jomiloju, Her Sisters (Photos) / Don Jazzy's Childhood Throwback Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.