Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) (32265 Views)

Xiaomi Mocks Apple After Anouncing The Iphone 12 / Iphone XS Release Date, Price And Specs: Apple’s Iphone XR And XS Max Released / Samsung Mocks Apple Iphone X With New Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by Jacobsontwelve(m): 8:56am On Sep 18, 2018
MrErudite:

you will nva regret it bro

am using one now
abeg where did you buy yours from
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by symbianDON(m): 8:58am On Sep 18, 2018
xiaomi should make a phone and name it PINEAPPLE Xr, Xs and Xs max grin grin grin grin e go pain Apple die

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by ericsimons18: 8:59am On Sep 18, 2018
bennynaza:
Abeg, who be Xiaomi? Her name be like the name of person wey dey act blue film

What is this one saying now
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by jaxxy(m): 9:07am On Sep 18, 2018
Topmaike007:
what he is trying to tell you is DAT the way yemi alade pussy will welcome your kpekus is the same way your girlfriend own will welcome it and yemi alade is just over rated because of her status as a celebrity... iPhone is over rated...

I completely disagree.

It’s like saying a China duplicate Rolls Royce or ranger rover is thesame are the original. Can’t happen. I know Fones are not as complex to build as cars bt u get my point.
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by FitnessHomme: 9:38am On Sep 18, 2018
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by onyidon22(m): 9:50am On Sep 18, 2018
krattoss:

Xiaomi.. Will love to lay my hands on this babe one day cheesy

I am using it right now to type. The brand is awesome

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by Neoteny(m): 9:52am On Sep 18, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

This is the best Apple trolling I’ve ever seen. In my last blog post I wrote about 5 things I really don’t like about the Latest iPhone series and one major point I made was about the OUTRAGEOUS PRICES, looks like I’m not alone as some tech companies have taken a swipe at Apple after their latest release. Now after Huawei mocked Apple on Twitter another Chinese company Xiaomi has made a direct hit at Apple by releasing three new product bundles in China called the XR Suit, XS Suit and the XS Max Suit. These three product bundles includes a Xiaomi top smartphone, a laptop, a fitness band, and Bluetooth headset. To mock Apple, the price of each bundle has been set exactly the starting price of the iPhone models they are named after. By doing this, Xiaomi is asking “why pay for one phone when you can enjoy four top products for the same price?” grin grin

The XR SUIT

This includes the Xiaomi Mi 8 SE smartphone, a 12.5-inch Mi Notebook Air, the Mi Band 3, and the Mi Bluetooth Mini Headset. This bundle is priced at CNY 6,499 ($749), which is the starting price of the iPhone XR in China.

THE XS SUIT

This Xiaomi bundle includes the high end Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S (8GB/256GB) smartphone, a 13.3-inch Mi Notebook Air, a Mi Band 3, and a Mi Bluetooth Mini Headset. It is priced at CNY 8,699 ($1266 approximately), which is the price of the base model of the iPhone XS in the China.

THE XS MAX SUIT

Then finally XS MAX Suit has the high end Mi 8 smartphone (with 6GB/128GB) in it, the Mi Notebook Pro laptop, the Mi Band 3, and a Mi Bluetooth neckband. This bundle is priced at CNY 9,599 ($1397), equivalent to the price of the 64 GB variant of the new 6.5-inch iPhone XS Max.

This response by Xiaomi is their own bold way of saying “Hey people, you can actually enjoy four high end gadgets for the price of the new iPhones. Don’t waste your dough !”. The irony of it is that, the mouth watering bundles are only available in China.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/xiaomi-mocks-apple-by-unveiling-the-xr-suit-xs-suit-and-xs-max-suit/

What it actually shows is that Xiaomis products are so cut rate that a massive bundle of tech is worth just one iPhone.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by Vacora(m): 9:54am On Sep 18, 2018
MobilityExpress:

There’s nothing special about their marketing strategy. The only strategy Apple has used for years to ensure high sales volume is by running a “closed ecosystem” with the iOS software. Many iPhone users want to switch but when you consider the amount you will lose, then they are forced to stay. And the worst part is, the longer they stay, the more they invest (money paid for apps, music, videos etc), the harder it is to dump the iPhone. So the consumer is basically stuck or trapped within the Apple ecosystem, which means more sales for Apple, because it’s cheaper to buy another higher iPhone and transfer your ecosystem into it, than to switch into a new device and lose all the money you used to buy 1000 songs you downloaded on iTunes (a song costs about N150 averagely, and some albums as much as 1.5k - 2k and maybe you have 20 albums on your phone). Then let’s not talk about the apps you paid for, and other money you’ve thrown into the Apple ecosystem, none of which are transferable to a non-Apple device and only transferable to Apple devices only. So therefore the consumers are stuck inside the Apple loop, and the Apple ecosystem warmhole keeps sucking their pockets, but they have no choice but to continue. One of my phones is an iPhone, and it’s quite hard to dump it. Every time I drop it, later I pick it up again because I have put in a lot of money into the Apple ecosystem to lose it all just like that. But i’m not an Apple sheepie that jumps on every new device they launch, because I understand and know how the Apple closed ecosystem turns their customers into loyal slaves that are stuck inside the iOS matrix grin.

Really? As much as Apple operates a closed operating software you are wrong in your assertion that purchased songs are not transferable. You have simply have to download the Apple Music app on a non Iphone device. My colleague has Apple music on his Samsung Note 8 for all his previous Itunes purchases however I will have to enquire about movies.

You have also failed to mention the advantages of their operating system whilst you piled gleefully on the negatives. IOS is secure and robust, you do not need to purchase any antivirus software to combat malware plaguing the android ecosysytem. I will also mention the advantage of regular and quick updates or fixes? Tracking your IPhone when it is lost or stolen or simply have the ability to wipe the device remotely? Ability to answer calls on your Macbook or IMac or Apple Watch whilst your phone is not within easy reach?

What other applications have you insisted that are only obtainable on Iphones that you cannot have on an Android device? Other manufacturers or brands have their equivalent or alternatives for example if you hate Safari as much as I do then you could opt for Google or Firefox or other browsers on the App Store.

It is easy to switch now and all phone makers are struggling with the issues of retention and obsolescence. Consumers are holding to their phones longer as we have now noticed the technological stagnation. Why spend thousands of pounds on a device when there is really no major benefit or difference from a previous model.

Of course I’d love to own a Tesla X but if you prefer to cruise town in your VW bettle or Renault Twizy it is all a matter of personal choice and satisfaction. Have a splendid day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by shammah1(m): 10:00am On Sep 18, 2018
You carry sense bro
boy16:
kiss

As a young guy with knowledge of economics.... The one thing I love about Apple(eventhough am a Samsung fan) is Apple's marketing skills and strategy.

It Is quite uncommon the way they control people's mind to buy their phones no matter the price.

Imagine Apple calling an ordinary LCD screen(iphone xr screen) "liquid retina"

That name alone will invite customers with less knowledge on technology.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by TechCapon(m): 10:01am On Sep 18, 2018
Neoteny:

What it actually shows is that Xiaomis products are so cute rate that a massive bundle of tech is worth just one iPhone.

I disagree. It shows Apple is ripping off their customers

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by bcube01(m): 10:03am On Sep 18, 2018
Odobaone:
Xaomi likes imitating Apple. Dey r not innovative jorr

Are u for real? Have u used any Xiaomi phone product? If u haven't then ur statement is very very wrong. FYI, I'm typing with one and I use their laptop.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by samuelonyewueny(m): 10:33am On Sep 18, 2018
For all I care Iphones are overpriced; they are good but overpriced....How can a phone cost more than a laptop? HP, Dell, etc. Of course i know there are high end laptops but the cost is still not justified.

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by ACE1010: 10:40am On Sep 18, 2018
shox:
Apple Don miss am this time around
Their devices after iPhone 8 are just too wack

These new phones are the definition of "expensive shit"

grin grin grin Expensive poo indeed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by bcube01(m): 10:41am On Sep 18, 2018
At this juncture after reading all posts and comments, all I can say is pls for the "who no sabi guys" pls take ur time and do some research about phones and their specs and see the latest updates on them and what they offer. U can start with the top 10 phone brands in the world and see the list. Google is ur friend and she isn't far away. QED

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by ACE1010: 10:43am On Sep 18, 2018
TechCapon:
A friend of mine joked that the screen was called "Liquid Retina" because the price will make you cry cheesy

LIQUID RETINA INDEED grin grin grin

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by ACE1010: 10:48am On Sep 18, 2018
boy16:
grin grin

very funny

I wonder when Nairaland will improve on its Emojis

You're right joor.... We need funny Emojis as a way of capturing more members as IPhone are capturing more customers with their over hyped Liquid Retina grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 18, 2018
bcube01:

Are u for real? Have u used any Xiaomi phone product? If u haven't then ur statement is very very wrong. FYI, I'm typing with one and I use their laptop.
How is the Xiaomi laptop? Which model are you using?
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by boyjo: 11:14am On Sep 18, 2018
boy16:
grin grin

very funny

I wonder when Nairaland will improve on its Emojis

Why you thief my user name naw? grin
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by networkgenuis: 11:33am On Sep 18, 2018
This is an irresistibly offer seeing that
Xiaomi is a top rated/premium brand.

China to the rescue cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by networkgenuis: 11:39am On Sep 18, 2018
MobilityExpress:

There’s nothing special about their marketing strategy. The only strategy Apple has used for years to ensure high sales volume is by running a “closed ecosystem” with the iOS software. Many iPhone users want to switch but when you consider the amount you will lose, then they are forced to stay. And the worst part is, the longer they stay, the more they invest (money paid for apps, music, videos etc), the harder it is to dump the iPhone. So the consumer is basically stuck or trapped within the Apple ecosystem, which means more sales for Apple, because it’s cheaper to buy another higher iPhone and transfer your ecosystem into it, than to switch into a new device and lose all the money you used to buy 1000 songs you downloaded on iTunes (a song costs about N150 averagely, and some albums as much as 1.5k - 2k and maybe you have 20 albums on your phone). Then let’s not talk about the apps you paid for, and other money you’ve thrown into the Apple ecosystem, none of which are transferable to a non-Apple device and only transferable to Apple devices only. So therefore the consumers are stuck inside the Apple loop, and the Apple ecosystem warmhole keeps sucking their pockets, but they have no choice but to continue. One of my phones is an iPhone, and it’s quite hard to dump it. Every time I drop it, later I pick it up again because I have put in a lot of money into the Apple ecosystem to lose it all just like that. But i’m not an Apple sheepie that jumps on every new device they launch, because I understand and know how the Apple closed ecosystem turns their customers into loyal slaves that are stuck inside the iOS matrix grin.

You made a lot of sense.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by boy16(m): 12:36pm On Sep 18, 2018
boyjo:

Why you thief my user name naw? grin

lol

I registered on Nairaland before you na
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by boyjo: 12:42pm On Sep 18, 2018
boy16:

lol

I registered on Nairaland before you na

No be lie. grin
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2018
If u want to be the best, then do everything to mock the best. Samsung did it and now they are on top. Now every Chinese company wants to mock apple to get to the top.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2018
MobilityExpress:

You don’t download songs abroad, it’s illegal ; you either buy or stream
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2018
Indeed, even with under 20% market share, Apple reaps over 90% profit in the smartphone industry
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by AnuliKay: 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2018
I have been thinking of getting a Xiaomi phone.They seem advanced.

The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards held today at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.It is a star-studded affair, hosted by Saturday Night Live’s Colin Jost and Michael Che.

One reason we love award shows, are the red carpet looks. These beautiful ensembles are a staple at every award show and leave us yearning for more. The 2018 Emmy’s is no exception as the photographs below will prove. In no particular order, here are the top twenty dresses on the Emmy Red Carpet.

See all the beautiful looks: https://kaynuli.com/the-top-20-best-dresses-at-the-emmys/

Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by Neoteny(m): 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2018
TechCapon:
I disagree. It shows Apple is ripping off their customers

A Bugatti is not a Civic

Don't call what you can't afford a rip-off.

One trillion dollar valuation has proven there's a large and healthy market for Apple products.

What's the valuation of xiaomi?
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by Kingspin(m): 4:43pm On Sep 18, 2018
MobilityExpress:

No matter the strategy they're using, Apple phones is not for everybody just like Ferrari cars. End of story.
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by TadM: 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
jaxxy:

Women/humans are not Fones.
exampre de que matterue questios. nor mind my fake spanish. its just elaboration best way to pass you my feelings.
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by mikkynino(m): 12:28am On Sep 19, 2018
TechCapon:
They really need to work on it. grin

See your teeth grin
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by kelz2205: 3:06am On Sep 19, 2018
bcube01:

Bros abeg which xiaomi phone u dey use and wetin be d laptop performance
Re: Xiaomi Mocks Apple By Unveiling The Xr Suit, Xs Suit And Xs Max Suit. (photos) by bcube01(m): 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2018
kelz2205:

Bros abeg which xiaomi phone u dey use and wetin be d laptop performance

I use a Redmi 5 plus as my phone and an Air 12 as my.laptop. Both their performances are sublime. Super fast, super smooth. Most importantly budget friendly

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TECNO Announces Chris Evans As Ambassador / God Of War Ghost Of Sparta PPSSPP Highly Compressed 200MB Download / I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.