Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

How To Fight Depression - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Fight Depression (12462 Views)

10 Effective Tips To Fight Depression / Seven Natural Ways To Fight Depression / 4 Ways To Fight Depression And Stress Without Medication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Fight Depression by Albinoflash(m): 7:09am On Sep 18, 2018
Pls i have been depressed for over 10years now,even though i live like i aint worried,but its obvious i can't take it anymore.anyone who has been here should pls post how he fought through

2 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by Shelumiel: 7:11am On Sep 18, 2018
Brother , the only advice I can give to you is this : read your bible and hold onto God. Simple

38 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by Albinoflash(m): 7:23am On Sep 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
Brother , the only advice I can give to you is this : read your bible and hold onto God. Simple
i tried that for long but it only got worse,now have lost faith in everything.religion,friends,family,Nigeria and even life itself.can't focus anymore.am at the extreme,just trying to buy time

9 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by Shelumiel: 7:27am On Sep 18, 2018
Albinoflash:
i tried that for long but it only got worse,now have lost hope in everything.religion,friends,family,Nigeria and even life itself.can't focus anymore.am at the extreme,just trying buy time
You tried but gave up because you wanted to . Life is all about never giving up ; especially on things worth holding unto . So go back and pray to God in all sincerity to help you.

14 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by Antidotecasmir(m): 9:05am On Sep 18, 2018
Albinoflash:
Pls i have been depressed for over 10years now,even though i live like i aint worried,but its obvious i can't take it anymore.anyone who has been here should pls post how he fought through
You should try and see either a psychologist or a psychiatrist. that was what i did when i was depressed and today I feel a lot better than before. just like you i also prayed, read the bible and even fasted for days thinking that would help me but honestly speaking it didn't. things even began to get worst if not until I went to the hospital and saw the psychiatrist that things began to change for the better (tho mine was more of a medical issue). i m sure that that guy telling you to read the Bible do not know what it feels like being depressed that's why he's giving you such an advice. so finally my brother just keep hope alive, do not bow to that suicidal thoughts(if you have any) and believe that God can also work through the doctors take care!

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Fight Depression by iLegendd(m): 9:07pm On Sep 25, 2019
Albinoflash:

Albinoflash: Today is my last day on nairaland and my last day on earth,this life is truely unfair to some people,i can't continue to dwell in misery.am gonna miss nairaland and football when am gone.11pm tonight the gate of hell will be opened to me.i have been the worst creature since birth and i curse that day i was born 25th december 1992.what a wasted life

Wait!

Send me a message let's talk. Most depression is financial and I can show you how to make money for free. You don't need to pay me and I won't charge you.

Modified: After what I read on the other thread about this whole suicide thing being a scam, I retract all my statements in trying to help.

After all, 50% of Nigerians are probably depressed since Buhari took over. Even Mr. Buhari is probably depressed.

Let us enjoy the next level in peace. All the best to anyone who is depressed — God will see us through. Amen!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Fight Depression by Sicilyjoe: 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2019
iLegendd:

Wait!

Send me a message let's talk. Most depression is financial and I can show you how to make money for free. You don't need to pay me and I won't charge you.

Bro am interested too, things are very hard

5 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by Busy002: 9:26pm On Sep 25, 2019
Albinoflash:

Bro, how do i get you?
Lets break it down

@ ilegendd , its me Apeshy101
how far?
Re: How To Fight Depression by Seunnzy(m): 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2019
iLegendd:

Wait!

me too bruh..I'm interested

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Fight Depression by seapson(m): 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2019
Albinoflash:
just saw ur message on the chelsea thread
please send me a whatsapp message
suicide isnt the answer
trust me you dont want to know the situation im in right now
lets talk pls

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by nasbidemi(m): 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2019
Someone just need to reach out to the guy,

3 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by SenecaTheYonger: 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2019
iLegendd:

Wait!

It's not everything that is about money. some people can be 'clinically depressed', not all those social media depression. Like there's a chemical imbalance in their brain. Only medication can treat that kind of depression, not money.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Fight Depression by iLegendd(m): 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

It's not everything that is about money. some people can be 'clinically depressed', not all those social media depression. Like there's a chemical imbalance in their brain. Only medication can treat that kind of depression, not money.

That's true, but with money, the treatment becomes easy because you can afford to travel to any country to be treated. Also, when you use that money to travel abroad, you'll see how sweet life it.

If you see the world the way it happens in Nigeria, you'll think it's not worth living, but travel out and see peace and calmness in countries like Singapore, Denmark, etc.

Ever since Buhari took over in 2015 — a huge percentage of Nigerians took suicide as a hobby. It hurts me.

The rate of suicide from 2014 down was so low, but now, APC has achieved its dream. Currency is high, suicide is high, poverty is high, armed robbery, rape, kidnapping, etc.

At the same time, they are still punishing freedom fighters and tampering on freedom of speech.

With money, you can easily relocate from Nigeria to a country with good healthcare to take care of yourself.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Fight Depression by SenecaTheYonger: 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2019
iLegendd:

That's true, but with money, the treatment becomes easy because you can afford to travel to any country to be treated. Also, when you use that money to travel abroad, you'll see how sweet life it.

There are more depressed people in advanced country than there are in Nigeria. But I do agree that money can help him get treatment, but at his stage, I doubt he has any drive left.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Fight Depression by hadjboy(m): 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2019
You can do better bro, we just have to look at the other side of life, the beautiful things yeah, you dig? I'm facing hell right now as well, I mean severe despair yeah but I still believe I have a purpose. God gat us my O'gee pls retreat from ur suicide mission not cos of ur fam nor ur loved ones but for the suffering uve went tru,it must not go in vain. we must win, yes you have to win!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Fight Depression by maak400: 10:10pm On Sep 25, 2019
It’s well with you bro. The poster has been through a lot going by the date he opened this thread - September 2018.
It’s a terrible thing to have depression, It’s not a condition that can easily be overcome.
Depression causes suicidal thoughts and only the strong willed people can avoid succumbing to suicide. Don’t take your life @albinoflash, drop your account number here and let’s help you financially with what we can afford so that you can take care of yourself.

4 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by Osarenoma1993(m): 10:16pm On Sep 25, 2019
Sicilyjoe:

Bro am interested too, things are very hard
My friend calm down, make them handle this guy matter first.

2 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by Yhukay00: 10:17pm On Sep 25, 2019
Please don't give up, don't make the devil a winner. Believe me in few years time, you would look back at this current situation and laugh.

3 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by LORDKing001: 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2019
Please think about your love ones who you're going to put through pains sorrow. Rethink about your mum siblings. Please don't

2 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 26, 2019
please Emmanuel, let's talk about you.... there's so much to life to be left out on
Re: How To Fight Depression by NAJALYN: 5:25am On Sep 26, 2019
Not having faith in God is not an option. Please reverse that decision, at least for the sake of your family. They are happy to see you alive.

So many who have made it today have been down that road. Why not follow their lead and take a determined stand to live and defeat whatever the problem is.

But you need God to make this work. The Lord is your strength.

2 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by iLegendd(m): 6:43am On Sep 26, 2019
Busy002:

Bro, how do i get you?
Lets break it down

@ ilegendd , its me Apeshy101
how far?

We thank God for life.
Re: How To Fight Depression by Busy002: 11:42am On Sep 26, 2019
iLegendd:

We thank God for life.
Have the guy reached out to ypu?

how do i contact him?
Re: How To Fight Depression by money121(m): 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ok

Re: How To Fight Depression by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
NAJALYN:
Not having faith in God is not an option. Please reverse that decision, at least for the sake of your family. They are happy to see you alive.

So many who have made it today have been down that road. Why not follow their lead and take a determined stand to live and defeat whatever the problem is.

But you need God to make this work. The Lord is your strength.
Brilliant write up.
Thumbs up.
@Emmanuel albinoflash, you never picked up or replied throughout last night.
Good to know you are still here with us today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Fight Depression by iLegendd(m): 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
Busy002:

Have the guy reached out to ypu?

how do i contact him?

I think he is a scammer or people are using him to scam. Read this https://www.nairaland.com/5437068/guy-nairaland-going-commit-suicide
Re: How To Fight Depression by jaxxy(m): 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:

Depends on the cause of the depression. Identify the cause. What is making u depressed. There is smtn.. Focus on the positives and address the negatives then put them behind u afterwards and move on, move forward. The best way to fight depression is wth knowledge.

Tell me about it I would love to help u. Life is beautiful if u understand and appreciate the simple things and focus on the bigger picture.

2 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by ednut1(m): 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
When you stop having expectations life is trianscient. Some people lived in 1664 some 1866 where are they now. If an shoe maker from niger can be happy with his 500 earning in a day why cant you be happy too.

Single and not married
No job
Got dumped.
Not doing well when compared to mates etc
Should not get any one worked up. In the end life has no meaning just enjoy it. By year 2780 all of go don die throway

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Fight Depression by bujebudanu1(m): 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
So this albinoflash matter reach here.
grin you can overcome it by scamming people
Re: How To Fight Depression by OkCornel(m): 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
Dear OP, first off you have to be conscious of what flows through your senses into your mind. Happiness or Sadness is a choice.

The mind is like a fertile soil, and the thoughts that dwells in there are seeds. If the thoughts that flows into your mind is not consciously checked, your mind will be like a garden with plants choked out by weeds and thorns.

1. Focus on positive and inspiring thoughts.
2. Learn from setbacks, rather than sulk on them. Learn from the past, enjoy the present, prepare for the future.
3. Pre-occupy your mind on how to get the best out of your talents, and serve humanity with it.
4. Surround your self with funny friends. Laughter is a good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up even the bones.
5. Understand what motivates you, and seek out activities and people that nourishes your motivation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Fight Depression by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
By taking Life Easy.

Know that you came into this world with nothing and you shall leave same.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of A Recurrent Typhoid Fever / COVID-19: Akin Abayomi Tells Lagos Residents Above 65 To Avoid Worship Centres / Nafdac Says Foreign Eva Soap Is Fake.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.