Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

How To Fight Depression - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Fight Depression (12463 Views)

10 Effective Tips To Fight Depression / Seven Natural Ways To Fight Depression / 4 Ways To Fight Depression And Stress Without Medication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Fight Depression by hisexcellency34: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
Stop listening to Nigerian news

2 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by CarFixng: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
Depression is a general menace affecting over 70% of people living in Nigeria.

Just look around you, find simple distractions from your source of depression.

Abuja Car Owners, there is a very Affordable Standard and Guaranteed vehicle repair workshop in Jahi Abuja
*90 days warranty on all repair.
*Free computerised diagnosis
* Free car wash after every repair.

Check my signature for details
Re: How To Fight Depression by BlueAir: 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
Its easy. Just tell urself "it can only end one way in life" ..then identify ur resources and aim towards living life happily. .and always remember to keep loving what or who loves u smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by Femi316: 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:
Pls i have been depressed for over 10years now,even though i live like i aint worried,but its obvious i can't take it anymore.anyone who has been here should pls post how he fought through
Please do you socialize....as in hand out with friends.....?

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tough time never last but tough people do.

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
Live for the now, don’t let the future or past bother you, live your life to find happiness only. My thoughts with you
Re: How To Fight Depression by aduwak: 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2019
Religion, money etc does not help...

The only thing that i know that helps and has worked from me is exercise. Keep fit and stay active.... Exercise has a positive chemical effect on the brain that you don’t get to hear of.

3 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by Timileyin1234(m): 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mitchew
Re: How To Fight Depression by vickyhow(m): 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2019
My Guy
weed-up !

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by Firefox01387: 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:
Pls i have been depressed for over 10years now,even though i live like i aint worried,but its obvious i can't take it anymore.anyone who has been here should pls post how he fought through

foods that fight depression read here >>>> https://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/diet-recovery

it helps alot

2 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by bankole200(m): 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2019
Depression is real. Talk to someone close to you or around you. It helps alot

2 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by Thatdrebaba: 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2019
Just for laugh on youtube , watch many as possible , it may sounds silly, but it works

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by StrikeBack(m): 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2019
Same albinoflash.

Cc. Nwaneni, logobenz the ashawo beer parlor bouncer
Re: How To Fight Depression by midnighter(f): 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:

Sorry OP. Hope you feel better soon

Have you tried improving your diet and taking up some exercise? It may improve your mood.

Do you have a particular issue that is proving difficult to overcome or you just feel drained with everything?

Do have any individuals in your life or relationships that make you feel bad?

I would not recommend taking any type of anti-depressant drug if you can solve the issue organically

But if you find that you truly need them after consulting a psychiatrist then it's ok

3 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by aduwak: 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
LORDKing001:
Please think about your love ones who you're going to put through pains sorrow. Rethink about your mum siblings. Please don't

I don’t recall him or her mentioning having suicidal thoughts. All they said was they have been depressed for ten years and need help.
Re: How To Fight Depression by Bruno3000(m): 1:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
1. Go to church
2. Read the bible
3. Hang out with friends, lovely friends
4. Go shopping, change ur wardrobe and eat well with a lil bit of alcoholic drinks wink
5. Visit ur relatives, old time friends.

6. Listen to love songs a lot. Add some gospel
7. Talk to white folks around u. Make friends with other races and learn more about their cultures.

Life is too short to worry too much!! Peace

2 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by Britishcoins(m): 1:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
iLegendd:

Wait!

Send me a message let's talk. Most depression is financial and I can show you how to make money for free. You don't need to pay me and I won't charge you.

Pls I need ur assistance too pls teach me how to make money too
Re: How To Fight Depression by victorian(f): 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
Love yourself, be good to yourself, appreciate every little thing about you, see the good in you, and let the love you feel for. Yourself touch people coming around you, then cling unto God, not unto Men.

Because men will always fail and dissapoint.

Don't let your joy be tied to another man or woman.
Don't give people the power to mess you up in anyway. Because u hold the key to your heart and mind.
Choose your crowd, everyone cannot be like you and everybody cannot and will not love or like you! In fact nobody is like you. Choose likeminded people as friends, and see how life becomes easy and bearable to live.
Don't envy anybody Because nobody has a perfect life. We all have one K leg or the other, we think and ponder on.
Then lastly try and be self dependent , work more on yourself , your skills or career and mind. For our mind is a very powerful tool

Just love yourself Biko. That's all you need, with God standing as your Rock!

Then life is tough with rough edges around some corners of it. nobody says it's easy. So be strong and wise. And no situation last forever.

If negative people come around you? Withdraw from them immediately even. If they are family.. You don't need such negative aura or people around you.

Don't ever let anyone box you into a corner. Don't even place yourself in a situation where u can be cornered to. Do what u don't like or want.

Don't give yourself on a platter to any man or woman. It's suicidal.

And above all, pray to God. He listened, He hears and He's ready to provide your needs in due time.

I hope these tips helps.

That's what I use for Myself .

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by orunmila144: 1:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
practice contentment. do not try to keep up with the joneses. your depression will disappear

2 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by 1Nairaboy(m): 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
https://www.thrivetalk.com/vitamin-deficiencies-depression/
Buy supplements, Ranferon, Liquid Iron etc..
Your depression may b due to low vitamin consumption or low oxygen in ur system..try breathing in with ur mouth 4 10 seconds, drink water a glass
Re: How To Fight Depression by midnighter(f): 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
But at least the responses to this thread are encouraging.

Even 10 years ago depression and mental illness wasn't taken seriously in Nigeria, even by doctors. The only one people recognized was the "raving' type shown by homeless people

At least people are more sympathetic now, that will lead to more people opening up and asking for help.

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by seunlayi(m): 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:
i tried that for long but it only got worse,now have lost faith in everything.religion,friends,family,Nigeria and even life itself.can't focus anymore.am at the extreme,just trying to buy time
same here, mine is just 6 mnts now. Thinking of quiting sef. How will debt of less than 500k hold me down

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by Timisamd(m): 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
Just know it part of the norms of life ...
See ...
Those stuff called word and opposite ..

There is no good without bad . vice versa..

Just keep on surviving .. After all that what we can only do in this life.. Play and enjoy when you feel it have leave you . when it comes again just battle it .. Take it .. Don't say you can't take it ..

Lastly .. God can remove all .. And all u think it doesn't becomes worth it .. Pray .. Love God .. Live in normality ... Pray for grace ... Just don't be too extreme with everything
Re: How To Fight Depression by Vicexotic: 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
Am interested too bro
iLegendd:

Wait!

Send me a message let's talk. Most depression is financial and I can show you how to make money for free. You don't need to pay me and I won't charge you.
Re: How To Fight Depression by Bayoibee: 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
Antidotecasmir:
You should try and see either a psychologist or a psychiatrist. that was what i did when i was depressed and today I feel a lot better than before. just like you i also prayed, read the bible and even fasted for days thinking that would help me but honestly speaking it didn't. things even began to get worst if not until I went to the hospital and saw the psychiatrist that things began to change for the better (tho mine was more of a medical issue). i m sure that that guy telling you to read the Bible do not know what it feels like being depressed that's why he's giving you such an advice. so finally my brother just keep hope alive, do not bow to that suicidal thoughts(if you have any) and believe that God can also work through the doctors take care!
Pls can I get the psychologist info, I need one and I’ve got no idea where to find one
Re: How To Fight Depression by Duggedised12(f): 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
I wasnt depressed but was greatly bothered until watch documentaries on historical monuments and realized there was nothing new under the sun and 100 years from now what you have or don't have will not even matter . That was how i got over my worries. Might not be the same for you,but that was my moment.

What you need is know the exact reason why you are depressed,if you dont know why ,then it will be difficult to get over it.

4 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by uncleseries: 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
Bruno3000:
1. Go to church
2. Read the bible
3. Hang out with friends, lovely friends
4. Go shopping, change ur wardrobe and eat well with a lil bit of alcoholic drinks wink
5. Visit ur relatives, old time friends.

6. Listen to love songs a lot. Add some gospel
7. Talk to white folks around u. Make friends with other races and learn more about their cultures.

Life is too short to worry too much!! Peace

This is cool but shopping (with which money exactly) and listening to love song?? For someone depressed. Trust me, it will kill him entirely.

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
aduwak:

I don’t recall him or her mentioning having suicidal thoughts. All they said was they have been depressed for ten years and need help.

You must have missed out on other thread and post from the op since yesterday night.
Re: How To Fight Depression by prommy(f): 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
See a psychiatrist.
Re: How To Fight Depression by Mateen1000: 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
Play video game a lot
And do this a lot also

Re: How To Fight Depression by Bruno3000(m): 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
uncleseries:

shopping (with which money exactly) and listening to love song?? For someone depressed. Trust me, it will kill him entirely.

grin I love love songs. I can die for love songs.

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by nonix22(m): 1:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
To start with, why are you depressed?
If we can solve this, you have solved everything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of A Recurrent Typhoid Fever / COVID-19: Akin Abayomi Tells Lagos Residents Above 65 To Avoid Worship Centres / Nafdac Says Foreign Eva Soap Is Fake.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.