Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Warning! A Russian Hacker Has Posted A Virus/worm In Nairaland! Beware! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Warning! A Russian Hacker Has Posted A Virus/worm In Nairaland! Beware! (1113 Views)

Nairaland Posted A Topic Under My Monicker / Fraudsters In Nairaland Beware / Fraudster In Nairaland Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning! A Russian Hacker Has Posted A Virus/worm In Nairaland! Beware! by Decryptor(m): 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2010
I saw a thread in here in NL posted in Russian Language. My curiosity got the best of me and i opened the thread and everything was in Russian, i then clicked on the link and what happened. POP-UPS! shocked shocked shocked Lots and Lots of POP-UPS! opened on my windows and my PC froze instantly. Thank God for the AV i'm using which is a premium licensed AV. It informed me that an application wants to hijack my settings and access my cookies, Get scared everybody, cos we all know that cookies are where passwords and other personal info are stored while online. My AV asked me to either allow the action or Block. I selected block shar-pa-ly and the AV prompted me to reboot and that was it. Just decided to warn you guys here in NL. This is the thread page https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-473960.0.html BUT DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINKS OOOOOOO!!!!!

Re: Warning! A Russian Hacker Has Posted A Virus/worm In Nairaland! Beware! by dominique(f): 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2010
i also saw the thread but i hardly click on links that take me away from nairaland (esp one that's in a lingo that i can't comprehend). thanks for the info though smiley.
Re: Warning! A Russian Hacker Has Posted A Virus/worm In Nairaland! Beware! by Dolemite(f): 10:16pm On Jul 05, 2010
I'm surfing blind, I DON'T have any protetion on my pc, living dangerously.
Re: Warning! A Russian Hacker Has Posted A Virus/worm In Nairaland! Beware! by MissyB1(m): 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2010
Thanks for the notification.
Re: Warning! A Russian Hacker Has Posted A Virus/worm In Nairaland! Beware! by 4tune1(m): 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2010
God bless you 4 the info. I might 've curiously click that nonsense.
Re: Warning! A Russian Hacker Has Posted A Virus/worm In Nairaland! Beware! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 06, 2010
I hope seun is aware sha !!!
Re: Warning! A Russian Hacker Has Posted A Virus/worm In Nairaland! Beware! by PurestBoy(m): 1:20am On Jul 09, 2010
thanks for the info

(1) (Reply)

Can You Sell One Of Your Kidney To Get An Iphone.(amazing,somebody Did) / Photos For Fun... / Russian Billionaire Plans To Make Humans Immortal By 2045

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.