Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Arsenal Announce Chief Executive Ivan Gazidis Exit To AC Milan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Announce Chief Executive Ivan Gazidis Exit To AC Milan (206 Views)

Arsenal Announce Mikel Arteta As Their New Head Coach / Real Madrid Set To Loan Jovic To AC Milan Just 2 Months After Signing Him / Arsenal Announce Signing Of Midfielder, Lucas Torreira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Announce Chief Executive Ivan Gazidis Exit To AC Milan by Sportdab(m): 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2018
Arsenal have announced that Ivan Gazidis has stepped down as chief executive to join AC Milan.

Gazidis had been previously linked with a move to AC Milan in the summer after a new brand hedge fund Elliot Management took over at the Serie A Club.

The 53-year-old was key to the appointment of manager Unai Emery following the exit of Arsene Wenger.

Gazidis will leave his position on December 1 to join Milan.

He said: “For the last 10 years I have been privileged to dedicate myself to this great club.

"Arsenal is entering a new chapter and I have done everything I can to ensure that it is strongly placed to take on that challenge. This includes world-class facilities and outstanding leaders in every sector who carry the values of the club, including, of course, Unai Emery, Raul Sanllehi and Vinai Venkatesham in whom I have enormous faith.

“We have been building on the club’s progressive social values, leading the way on the women’s game, diversity and inclusion, and establishing the Arsenal Foundation. This will remain central to the club’s philosophy.

“Although it is very hard to do - the hardest decision of my life - I believe that, after 10 years, it is the right time for me to step aside to allow new leadership, energy and ideas to take the club forward into this exciting new era.

"I believe in the positive force of change, both for me and for the club. I am excited to see what the future holds for this great club and I am energised by a new personal challenge with AC Milan.

“My sincere thanks go to Stan and Josh Kroenke for their support and guidance on everything we have done.

"To Sir Chips Keswick, Lord Phil Harris, Ken Friar and my wonderful management team and staff, on and off the field, to Arsène Wenger, Unai Emery and to the fans of this giant and incredible club, thank you for your immense support and friendship over so many years and for the wonderful privilege of being part of the journey.

"We lived through many emotions together, the highs and the lows of football, and I am proud to be able to say that I gave this club and its fantastic people everything that I had in me. I am excited and energised for the future for myself and for Arsenal Football Club and I will always hold it in my heart.”

Gazidis will now be replace by Raul Sanllehi and Vinai Venkatesham.

Sanllehi, who had been the head of football relations, is now head of football.

While Venkatesham, who was the chief commercial officer, will become managing director.

Source:>>http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/09/arsenal-announce-chief-ivan-gazidis.html

cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Free Tips, Get Free Membership / Modric Wins FIFA Men's POTY Award Ahead Of Ronaldo / Quality Contents Mini-importation Guide+cheap/hot Selling Goods. Get Yours Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.