Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa (16396 Views)

Thousands Of Smokers Celebrates Annual Holiday Of Marijuana In The U.S.(Pics) / Different Types Of Marijuana (weed) And Effects On Body / Should Euthanasia Be Legalised In Nigeria.........? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2018
Rossikki:

There is NO marijuana that causes madness. NONE. It is a total myth. In fact the Nigerian weed is VERY MILD, compared to what you'll find in other countries. We have this idea that Nigerian weed is really strong. It is actually the opposite. If you want strong weed, go to Holland, or Jamaica, or the USA/UK. Or Morocco. What we have in Nigeria is VERY MILD compared to their stuff, believe it or not. Over there, you need to blend your cannabis with tobacco in order to reduce its potency, unlike Nigeria where you smoke it straight.

The real dangers are alchohol and cigarettes, and yet, mumu Nigerians embrace those while frowning on marijuana, simply because the colonial rulers made the latter illegal. Now that the colonialists are gone, Nigerians still won't use their brains to research the issue and revise the laws accordingly.

The BENEFITS of cannabis are countless. Medicinally, it is a Godsend for numerous ailments. In fact it was because of the free-growing nature of the plant that the USA and its allies banned its use a century ago, so that they could profit from the sale of other artificial stimulants like alchohol, cocaine, heroin etc.

They then created the myth that cannabis is bad, makes you 'mad' etc etc. Today, research has shown they were LYING. And those western countries are now relaxing/removing the anti-cannabis laws, while anti-research, anti-knowledge NIGERIA still retains its mumu-ship.

Mumu people.

""There is NO marijuana that causes madness.""

Stop dancing naked in Ogbete Market. Weed causes madness and it is an event that is well documented in nigeria because it happens as often as everyday. I have a relative that ran mad the very first day he smoked weed and he was rushed to Federal neuro psychiatric hospital in New haven Enugu state. I know everything about his case till the very end, The doctors said he will make almost a full recovery but will never be 100% normal (which is exactly how it happened). The doctor also said that he is lucky that it happened on his first day, If it happened after he has abused weed for 10 years or more, HE would have an irreversible brain damage and remain demented for Life.

Oga do u have friends that are practicing as medical doctors as ur relatives who do same? please tell them to educate u on this matter, It is not a rare occurrence. If u still insist, They will take u to see the victims in the hospital n clear ur doubts.

''In fact the Nigerian weed is VERY MILD, compared to what you'll find in other countries. We have this idea that Nigerian weed is really strong. It is actually the opposite. If you want strong weed, go to Holland, or Jamaica, or the USA/UK. Or Morocco.''

I have friends who came back from America and refused to smoke weed after perceiving the odour of nigerian weed, They insisted that this is no weed, That it is too strong to be weed. Americanweed is very very very light, That i am 1000% sure.

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Steviewonder(m): 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
Are talking out of experience or just talking from what you've read about it ?

Omg! Niqqur use google . com help your ignorance
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
Are talking out of experience or just talking from what you've read about it ?

Must i smoke weed, cook jollof rice with weed and drink Opiods before i can talk about it? lipsrsealed
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by zinaunreal(m): 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
I'm better than you who is a junkie ...you're a complete failure ; a degenerate who is a biological accident between harlot and drunkard .

If you need to insult me, arrange it well and throw at me . Dont blurt it out like an agbero and think you have made sense from your empty skull. Its obvious you dont even know how to put words. You dont take marijuana but your words and actions in typing shows im more coordinated than you and reason well beyond your comprehension.

Now get lost Mr Nobody!
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by arewaboy01(m): 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
I'm better than you who is a junkie ...you're a complete failure ; a degenerate who is a biological accident between harlot and drunkard .
a hypocrite u are..so called Christian...Bleep off b**ch ass nigga
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Masterclass32: 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2018
A grave mistake.
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by pathneluti(m): 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2018
Bawizzo:
Make ndlea leave us make we smoke in peace joor!!

Let dem emulate the gud ppl of south africa, biko.
vote sowore den
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by MonsieurCoder: 5:49pm On Sep 18, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Stop dancing naked in Ogbete Market. Weed causes madness and it is an event that is well documented in nigeria because it happens as often as everyday. I have a relative that ran mad the very first day he smoked weed and he was rushed to Federal neuro psychiatric hospital in New haven Enugu state. I know everything about his case till the very end, The doctors said he will make almost a full recovery but will never be 100% normal (which is exactly how it happened). The doctor also said that he is lucky that it happened on his first day, If it happened after he has abused weed for 10 years or more, HE would have an irreversible brain damage and remain demented for Life.

Oga do u have friends that are practicing as medical doctors as ur relatives who do same? please tell them to educate u on this matter, It is not a rare occurrence. If u still insist, They will take u to see the victims in the hospital n clear ur doubts.

''In fact the Nigerian weed is VERY MILD, compared to what you'll find in other countries. We have this idea that Nigerian weed is really strong. It is actually the opposite. If you want strong weed, go to Holland, or Jamaica, or the USA/UK. Or Morocco.''

I have friends who came back from America and refused to smoke weed after perceiving the odour of nigerian weed, They insisted that this is no weed, That it is too strong to be weed. Americanweed is very very very light, That i am 1000% sure.

The guy is right though I see where you are coming from. Marijuana does not cause madness, it just doesn't. The problem is that a lot of the marijuana sold in Nigeria are adulterated. The dealers mix them with a lot of very harmful chemicals--like saponins--to make them "stronger" and give you a better a high. Those chemicals are what can actually make someone insane as they are very harmful. Do you know the main reason it is happening? Ironically, it is simply because marijuana is illegal so it is left in hands of very nefarious people who will do anything for more profit. If it were legal, you would see pharmaceutical companies selling marijuana in it's purest form which won't cause any harm and you would see government agencies warning people against buying marijuana from the black market. Making it legal totally eliminates the black market and totally eliminates the chances of what happened to your relative happening to anyone. Marijuana is prescribed by doctors around the world for ailments like cancer, Tourette's, and therapy-resistent glaucoma. They would not be prescribing it if there was a chance it would make their patients lose their sanity

5 Likes

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by akdjr(m): 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2018
I don't smoke, but I have not come across it in the Bible where God proscribed it. Rather God said;

Genesis 1:29-30
Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food"; and it was so.

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by akdjr(m): 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2018
I don't smoke cannabis but often times I add to my hair cream, but I have not come across it in the Bible where God proscribed cannabis. Rather God said;

Genesis 1:29-30
Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food"; and it was so.

Why do we condemn cannabis?

The above is one of the reason why I keep saying God never instructed anyone to write about him because no one has seen God or heard from him. Same way how text books where written by writers was how bible was written to suite the practice of some tribes who have engaged themselves in that way of life.

Pork meat was among the forbidden meat in the Bible because their tribes forbids it just like as some parts forbids eating lizard there are people who eat it.

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by zinaunreal(m): 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2018
God condemned consumption certain animals but he didnt condemn any plant. Who are we to say otherwise??

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by nextstep(m): 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
I shudder when I think of living in a society that is filled with cannabis consumers

It can't be any worse than living in a world of alcohol consumers... (according to the science anyway). Drunkards get belligerent, smokers just chill out.

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Kidspirit(m): 6:01pm On Sep 18, 2018
Cyriloha:

I blame copy&paste
Please check my signature sir, you'll love my T-shirts wink
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Shelumiel: 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2018
nextstep:

It can't be any worse than living in a world of alcohol consumers... (according to the science anyway). Drunkards get belligerent, smokers just chill out.
Smokers and drunkards are all in the same boat brother .

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by moscow0147(m): 6:12pm On Sep 18, 2018
Earthbound:

It's illegal because the western world said so. The same western world that has come to realise what a grave mistake they made.
yes you are right. I think I am going to write a post about marijuana. "The myth and the Facts".

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Rozay25(m): 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2018
south africa here i come
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by QuestionMark910: 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
I shudder when I think of living in a society that is filled with cannabis consumers

I am sure you are among many Nigerians struggling to get an American visa or Australian or Canadian visa. Countries where people understand the benefits of cannabis. Wake up and come to the 21st century. The British criminalized cannabis and Nigerian gin calling it illicit gin so as to force Nigerians to buy the British made gin.

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by antzlaive(m): 6:25pm On Sep 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
Its a herb mate...
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Shelumiel: 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2018
QuestionMark910:

I am sure you are among many Nigerians struggling to get an American visa or Australian or Canadian visa. Countries where people understand the benefits of cannabis. Wake up and come to the 21st century. The British criminalized cannabis and Nigerian gin calling it illicit gin so as to force Nigerians to buy the British made gin.
You're just ranting . Why should I want to go to a land full of homosexuals and junkies ? A land whose sense of right and wrong is continously declining. Please give your kid cannabis, and see how dysfunctional they will turn out to be . Mtchww

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Shelumiel: 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2018
antzlaive:
Its a herb mate...
Herb for goats and cows abi?

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by 99miles(m): 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2018
Astrosmart:
A sane society unlike this hypocritical satanic hell hole called Nigeria..

There's is nothing wrong taking marijuana you can go study and check the internet, absolutely nothing wrong.. in fact it's of health and mental benefit to consume it..

But a stupid and backward country like Nigeria will say it's bad where as they ignore the real danger of the country..

It's a curse to be living among retarded idiots and bunch of fanatics mugus whose only aim is to be you as thugs for politicians that ruined their lives,or join and wallow in criminal acts..

Check your stats your country is a disgrace even to Africa
Ganja smoker spotted
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by chokovirus: 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2018
DELTACHAINSMOKER:
I think people need to be
educated to the fact that
marijuana is not a drug.
Marijuana is a plant, a herb and a
flower. God put it here. If He
put it here, he wants it to grow, he wants us to use it. What gives the
gov'ment the right to say God is wrong?

The illegality of marijuana is an insult to God's own creation.

It is something that grows naturally on our planet. Making marijuana illegal is unnatural!
Marijuana is made on earth, God made it for a reason so we can take it, feel good and take the pain away.

Alcohol, tobacco. They kill faster than a bullet but they are legal. Valium, prozac all that stuff are all legal. Go to a doctor, get it and overdose on it.

So why my beautiful maryjane? Why did they choose to pick on mj.

Maryjane has done nobody no wrong.

Maryjane is the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me.

Up marijuana!!! I love you mj.

I smoke marijuana everyday and it has never ever done me wrong.

#legalizeMJ

God also created Tobacco, poisonous species of mushrooms and reptiles. Feel free to consume them nau.
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by leo047: 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
You're just ranting . Why should I want to go to a land full of homosexuals and junkies ? A land whose sense of right and wrong is continously declining. Please give your kid cannabis, and see how dysfunctional they will turn out to be . Mtchww
let's ignore this guy plz....can't argue or educate you with the way you're reasoning
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by arewaboy01(m): 6:50pm On Sep 18, 2018
Shelumiel:

and your a saint who's perfect and sinless ahbi...Nigeria don't have homosexuals and junkies ahbi? Even Jesus dined and wined with sinners...
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Shelumiel: 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2018
leo047:
let's ignore this guy plz....can't argue or educate you with the way you're reasoning
You cannot educate/enlighten me on this because it is wrong ; you have been brainwashed by Americans and the West (are these not the same people who encourage homosexuality ,Transgender and sado-masochist? ). They are still the same ones, showing you (and other supporters of cannabis) how profitable cannabis is to you forgetting the fact cannabis is something which is shameful by all standards .

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Timewilltell2(f): 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2018
Rozay25:
south africa here i come

I hope you get the visa and they kill you there for drugs and jealousy..loser
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 18, 2018
MonsieurCoder:

The guy is right though I see where you are coming from. Marijuana does not cause madness, it just doesn't. The problem is that a lot of the marijuana sold in Nigeria are adulterated. The dealers mix them with a lot of very harmful chemicals--like saponins--to make them "stronger" and give you a better a high. Those chemicals are what can actually make someone insane as they are very harmful. Do you know the main reason it is happening? Ironically, it is simply because marijuana is illegal so it is left in hands of very nefarious people who will do anything for more profit. If it were legal, you would see pharmaceutical companies selling marijuana in it's purest form which won't cause any harm and you would see government agencies warning people against buying marijuana from the black market. Making it legal totally eliminates the black market and totally eliminates the chances of what happened to your relative happening to anyone. Marijuana is prescribed by doctors around the world for ailments like cancer, Tourette's, and therapy-resistent glaucoma. They would not be prescribing it if there was a chance it would make their patients lose their sanity

There are around 14 species of Marijuana that i am aware of in nigeria, Some are harmful and some are not.
Till We see Marijuana that is safe, For now i declare that it causes madness from what i know till further notice
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 18, 2018
DELTACHAINSMOKER:
I think people need to be
educated to the fact that
marijuana is not a drug.
Marijuana is a plant, a herb and a
flower. God put it here. If He
put it here, he wants it to grow, he wants us to use it. What gives the
gov'ment the right to say God is wrong?

The illegality of marijuana is an insult to God's own creation.

It is something that grows naturally on our planet. Making marijuana illegal is unnatural!
Marijuana is made on earth, God made it for a reason so we can take it, feel good and take the pain away.

Alcohol, tobacco. They kill faster than a bullet but they are legal. Valium, prozac all that stuff are all legal. Go to a doctor, get it and overdose on it.

So why my beautiful maryjane? Why did they choose to pick on mj.

Maryjane has done nobody no wrong.

Maryjane is the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me.

Up marijuana!!! I love you mj.

I smoke marijuana everyday and it has never ever done me wrong.

#legalizeMJ

''marijuana is not a drug.
Marijuana is a plant, a herb''

coccaine is also not a drug...it is a plant, A herb.. grin grin
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by texazzpete(m): 7:47pm On Sep 18, 2018
Shelumiel:

Even worse for you, you live in a society filled with Nigerians.

Not a single person in those places where marijuana is legalized will swap places with you.
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Rossikki: 8:58pm On Sep 18, 2018
PrecisionFx:

YOU ARE A FUC.KING LIAR. Whatever - supposedly - drove your relative ''mad'', it must have been your village juju people or maybe yourself that did something to him. Or he had PRE-EXISTING mental health issues that were simply exacerbated by cannabis use. In any case, your dramatic story stinks of LIES.

Where is anything ''documented'' in Nigeria? Documented by whom? Your village herbalists? We should accept your bullshit LIES over respected worldwide research that shows marijuana is virtually harmless. God forbid. I also reject your LIE about your ''American based friends'' who ''REFUSED'' to smoke Nigerian weed because it was supposedly ''too strong''. You people think you are talking to fools here who don't know anything, or haven't been around. GET THIS, LIAR. There is NO GREAT DIFFERENCE between Nigerian cannabis and US cannabis, or any other cannabis. I lived in the western world for DECADES, and know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. In fact Nigerian weed is relatively WEAK compared to many other varieties. Do not come here with any lies, because I will expose you.

In Holland, where cannabis use is legalised, they have what they call 'Coffee Shops', which are bars where ganga is sold, along with drinks, coffee etc.. Each coffee shop sells up to twenty different varieties of cannabis from all over the world. Each variety is placed in a large glass jar. You simply enter and choose your favoured one. Nobody is running around mad on the streets of Holland despite all this. The people are among the most accommodating and prosperous people on the face of the earth. So it is in Nigeria where your weak ass weed will be driving people mad on the streets? Just GTFOH.

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Rossikki: 9:29pm On Sep 18, 2018
QuestionMark910:

Exactly. And till today, Nigerians look down on locally brewed gin and elevate foreign ones. I mean, something is really wrong with our people. We just behave like robots. The British left sixty years ago, and we still wear their white man lawyer wigs. Mumu people. Can we not devise our own head attire for lawyers if that is what we want?

As the great Fela sang:

''Colomentality
E be say you be colonial man
You don be slaveman before
Dem don release you now
But you never release yourself...''
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2018
Rossikki:

YOU ARE A FUC.KING LIAR. Whatever - supposedly - drove your relative ''mad'', it must have been your village juju people or maybe yourself that did something to him. Or he had PRE-EXISTING mental health issues that were simply exacerbated by cannabis use. In any case, your dramatic story stinks of LIES.

Where is anything ''documented'' in Nigeria? Documented by whom? Your village herbalists? We should accept your bullshit LIES over respected worldwide research that shows marijuana is virtually harmless. God forbid. I also reject your LIE about your ''American based friends'' who ''REFUSED'' to smoke Nigerian weed because it was supposedly ''too strong''. You people think you are talking to fools here who don't know anything, or haven't been around. GET THIS, LIAR. There is NO GREAT DIFFERENCE between Nigerian cannabis and US cannabis, or any other cannabis. I lived in the western world for DECADES, and know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. In fact Nigerian weed is relatively WEAK compared to many other varieties. Do not come here with any lies, because I will expose you.

In Holland, where cannabis use is legalised, they have what they call 'Coffee Shops', which are bars where ganga is sold, along with drinks, coffee etc.. Each coffee shop sells up to twenty different varieties of cannabis from all over the world. Each variety is placed in a large glass jar. You simply enter and choose your favoured one. Nobody is running around mad on the streets of Holland despite all this. The people are among the most accommodating and prosperous people on the face of the earth. So it is in Nigeria where your weak ass weed will be driving people mad on the streets? Just GTFOH.

Instead of continuing with this ur naked dance in the market, Simply make inquiries with medical doctors that u know. Online stupidity won't give u any Information on the matter.

Meanwhile if u insist that I lied about my relative that ran mad the very first day he smoked weed, The solution is simple. COME TO ENUGU.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Lipton Tea Helps To Lose Weight / Traders Raise Concern Over Mentally Ill Persons In Ogun / COVID-19 Update For September 19 2020 In Nigeria - (2,850 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.