Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa (16440 Views)

Thousands Of Smokers Celebrates Annual Holiday Of Marijuana In The U.S.(Pics) / Different Types Of Marijuana (weed) And Effects On Body / Should Euthanasia Be Legalised In Nigeria.........? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by LastSurvivor11: 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2018
With all the beauty in SA and now this amazing law!!

Make I hear say I no relocate from India..

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by lonlytroy(m): 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2018
9ja which way?
Legalize it please.

4 Likes

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by frugal(m): 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2018
Good news. Alcohol and cigarettes are more dangerous, yet freely sold and consumed.

6 Likes

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Blue3k(m): 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2018
Good for them. That sweet tax revenue and they'll save money as society. Hopefully nigeria learns.

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by JerryJJZ(m): 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2018
WOnders shal never sieze,,,, remaining gay & lesbian to be legalized in SA. Its a great pity Africans are loosing it
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Hoodbilonia: 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
i don ksuh tire
my boy ran away with my money 450k
money i want to use to buy car parts
im xo fucking angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
Orevastar5:
South Africa’s Constitutional Court decriminalised the private use of marijuana on Tuesday.

The ruling came after a provincial high court in 2017 found out that the use of cannabis in private space should be allowed because laws against it were inconsistent with the country’s constitution.

The state appealed to the Constitutional Court, which upheld the high court’s findings.

“It will not be a criminal offence for an adult person to use or be in possession of cannabis in private space,’’ Judge Raymond Zondo said in handing down the judgement.

https://nigerianpolitics.ng/p/679/private-use-of-marijuana-legalised-in-south-africa

God bless South Africa for this... Portugal went as far as decriminalizing the possession of class A drugs, and ever since, the rate of HIV and crime in Portugal has gone down.
I hope drug dealers and their sympathizers do not take my information too serious.

2 Likes

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Dearlord(m): 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
Irey maganja people.
Blessed be Rasta fara the king of the most high. grin
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Skanas(m): 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
Gen 1:29 .....and God said, Behold, I have given you every HERB bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth...

#way2go
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by DELTACHAINSMOKER: 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Remii(m): 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2018
one day we may apologize to all that have jailed or vilified for smoking india hemp, eg Fela

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by LastSurvivor11: 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
I shudder when I think of living in a society that is filled with cannabis consumers

When trying to analyse your quantum of ignorance!!

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2018
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by LordReed(m): 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2018
This is an opportunity for the Federal Government to cash in on foreign exchange by allowing export of marijuana. With all these countries decriminalising/legalising it, it won't be long before the international marijuana trade becomes a very big market.

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by adetes: 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2018
Street will soon full of madness
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Rossikki: 3:29pm On Sep 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
I shudder when I think of living in a society that is filled with cannabis consumers

You are an ignorant fool. The Netherlands and other enlightened countries have legalised cannabis long ago. And their countries are doing very well indeed, thank you.

Doctors and scientists have found that the cannabis herb is virtually HARMLESS. Certainly far less dangerous than alchohol which millions of you consume.

The Nigerian government's dumb opposition to cannabis is actually a colonial imposition and inheritance. It has NOTHING to do with African traditions or culture, where cannabis was respected as a useful herb.

Now that the colonialists have left, isn't it time you started using your own brains to decide what should be legal and illegal?

I guess not, since your lawyers and judges are still wearing white man wigs. Dullards.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by mustwin002: 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2018
winning is a must call or whatsapp the number below if interested

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2018
Wow... So much happiness in one news.

When will Nigerian govt stop criminalising weedites.
They should take a cue from these people jor.
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Josh44s(m): 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2018
Heavy smoking => Rapid Death growth among men => Increase in Widowed Women => More clients => More money cool.
If you know you know grin

They should please smoke to infinite and beyond cool

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by excomarow(m): 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2018
No more Sai Buhari
Sowore is the man
The Ganjer President

1 Like

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by okenwaa(m): 3:34pm On Sep 18, 2018
Watch reduction in crime rate
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by basty: 3:35pm On Sep 18, 2018
Dem never legalisay wa cannabisie crima rate ay fa southafrica incrasay. Legalisay crima jupay in Southafrica
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Rossikki: 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2018
adetes:
Street will soon full of madness

You are very dumb and ignorant. There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that cannabis use leads to ''madness''. That is a MYTH that remains in your dumb little Nigerian heads despite TOTAL LACK OF EVIDENCE for it.

In fact I challenge you right now to show us ONE PERSON YOU KNOW that has turned mad ''because of'' cannabis.

No need, cos the answer is A BIG, FAT ZERO.

You have only HEARD that it makes people 'mad'. As usual, you are too lazy and dumb to RESEARCH for yourself.

What we DO know is that alchohol abuse causes millions of deaths per annum, through various ways, including drunk driving, liver problems, etc. And yet, it remains legal, while cannabis, with NO MAJOR SIDE EFFECTS, is illegal.

Somebody explain that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by bigtt76(f): 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2018
Which is commercial use again? grin

Orevastar5:
South Africa’s Constitutional Court decriminalised the private use of marijuana on Tuesday.

The ruling came after a provincial high court in 2017 found out that the use of cannabis in private space should be allowed because laws against it were inconsistent with the country’s constitution.

The state appealed to the Constitutional Court, which upheld the high court’s findings.

“It will not be a criminal offence for an adult person to use or be in possession of cannabis in private space,’’ Judge Raymond Zondo said in handing down the judgement.

https://nigerianpolitics.ng/p/679/private-use-of-marijuana-legalised-in-south-africa
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
Shelumiel:

It is nigerian marijuana that is dangerous and causes madness. zthe spcies mostly found in developed or western countries are very mild.
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Thebwoy: 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2018
Please we need it in naija
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Rossikki: 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2018
PrecisionFx:

It is nigerian marijuana that is dangerous and causes madness. zthe spcies mostly found in developed or western countries are very mild.

There is NO marijuana that causes madness. NONE. It is a total myth. In fact the Nigerian weed is VERY MILD, compared to what you'll find in other countries. We have this idea that Nigerian weed is really strong. It is actually the opposite. If you want strong weed, go to Holland, or Jamaica, or the USA/UK. Or Morocco. What we have in Nigeria is VERY MILD compared to their stuff, believe it or not. Over there, you need to blend your cannabis with tobacco in order to reduce its potency, unlike Nigeria where you smoke it straight.

The real dangers are alchohol and cigarettes, and yet, mumu Nigerians embrace those while frowning on marijuana, simply because the colonial rulers made the latter illegal. Now that the colonialists are gone, Nigerians still won't use their brains to research the issue and revise the laws accordingly.

The BENEFITS of cannabis are countless. Medicinally, it is a Godsend for numerous ailments. In fact it was because of the free-growing nature of the plant that the USA and its allies banned its use a century ago, so that they could profit from the sale of other artificial stimulants like alchohol, cocaine, heroin etc.

They then created the myth that cannabis is bad, makes you 'mad' etc etc. Today, research has shown they were LYING. And those western countries are now relaxing/removing the anti-cannabis laws, while anti-research, anti-knowledge NIGERIA still retains its mumu-ship.

Mumu people.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Mulatta(m): 3:46pm On Sep 18, 2018
Now they will blame Nigerians
Re: Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa by Youlyn: 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2018
They will see the effect of having many mad men very soon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For September 19 2020 In Nigeria - (2,850 Tested) / Traders Raise Concern Over Mentally Ill Persons In Ogun / Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.