Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:06 PM

Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Do You Agree? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Do You Agree? (291 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Do You Agree? by Transparent(m): 2:43pm On Sep 18, 2018
Church Bishop has revealed why it is a sin to charge phones in church and also gave out a warning to every churchgoer.

Bishop Michael Osagie, the General Overseer of Bible Believers Ministry, says fighting overcharging points in the church is a sin “and against the laws of the church’’.

Michael made this known in an interview on Tuesday at the Bible Believers Ministry in Oluku, Benin.

He condemned the attitude of charging phones, notepads, touch lights amongst others, while church service was going, saying it was a major distraction to the preacher.

“Sometimes when I preach on the altar, I get distracted, because I see some of my members fighting overcharging points.

“Am I amazed how believers of the gospel take the things of the Lord these days,’’ he said.

The cleric pleaded with the Edo government and the Benin Electricity Distribution Company to look into the poor power supply in the state with the view of improving it.

Reacting to the preacher’s insinuation, Ms Ruth Ikoko, an usher of the church said that she was guilty of the sin as her area had serious electricity problem.

She said that she came to church regularly to charge her phone and to also worship the Lord.

Ruth expressed the hope that the power situation would improve in her area so that she would stop charging her phone in the church.

-NAN

https://dkmngr.com/charging-of-phones-in-church-is-a-sin-do-you-agree/
Re: Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Do You Agree? by mmsen: 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2018
Going to church is itself a sin against human intelligence.

One could also argue that goingmto churchbin Africa is an egergious sun because of the level of theft and dishonesty that tends to take place in African churches.
Re: Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Do You Agree? by frank317: 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2018
People still go to church?!!

(1) (Reply)

What Do U Think About Your Church Now / Why The Holy Spirit Is The Greatest Form Of Wealth 1jhn 2:20,27, 2kng 8:1-2. / Paul Enenche Says Nigerians Must Unite To Send The Devil Away From Power In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.