Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? (9847 Views)

How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? / Iceland Tests ‘floating’ Zebra Crossing To Slow Down Speeding Drivers / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City In The World For Drivers By Forbes (see List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by CarMecx(m): 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2018
Are women better drivers than men?

Yes they are It’s a fact – Women are Better Drivers than Men

Women are better drivers than men. In general, women are better drivers than men. Men are more aggressive and they are more likely to make dangerous moves when driving. Men have higher rates of exhibit road rage. Also, men have been known to have a higher incidence of drunk driving than women. Women are more conservative and cautious drivers.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by correctyourself(m): 10:45pm On Sep 18, 2018
Not true; the number of men who drive are far higher than women, how many women drive 700km at a stretch in a day?
How many women travel 200km at night, I am sure its zero percent; Let for example 10 women drive 700km in one week you would b afraid to travel from the result you would hear.

Ask ten women to cook at the same time watch their favourite movies and see how many would forget they had food on fire, lol.

Because women drive to work/market within 25km does not make them better driver than men.

82 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by uboma(m): 6:38am On Sep 19, 2018
I partially agree with the op.

We have a few women who are more careful than men when driving.

But in general, women are not better than men when behind the wheels.

I see a lot of careless women behind the wheels when driving to and fro work on a daily basis.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by Mynd44: 7:20am On Sep 19, 2018
uboma:
I partially agree with the op.

We have a few women who are more careful than men when driving.

But in general, women are not better than men when behind the wheels.

I see a lot of careless women behind the wheels when driving to and fro work on a daily basis.
I disagree, a lot of women seem like bad drivers to the average male driver who seems to want to cut corners while driving or is in a hate to get somewhere.

On the average, I find female drivers to be more cool-headed and less reckless.

10 Likes

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by imran147(m): 7:21am On Sep 19, 2018
Women are trying when it’s come to driving a car however men are the best if none alcoholic in the system!!
Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 19, 2018
Cant generalize as the ratio of men to women drivers cant be compared as majority of men drive for a living while women most-times drive for comfort.

But i know first hand, when changing lanes, its easier to pass the eye of a needle than for a woman driving or a yellow cab driver to let you in no matter the brightness of your trafficator.

19 Likes

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by faithfull18(f): 7:21am On Sep 19, 2018
Yes because women are always careful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by FSolar: 7:22am On Sep 19, 2018
Even women say “Ah!, No wonder! Na woman Dey drive!”

For me, I am of the opinion that there is a balance in the society. For there to be ratings on this, we have less female drivers and the percentage that is castigated for bad driving would be at par with those of male drivers.

Remember this! We have more insane commercial vehicle (male dominated activity) drivers than private vehicle drivers (still male dominated)

11 Likes

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by Administration1: 7:22am On Sep 19, 2018
youguys havent met my mum yet

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by tuna4servi(m): 7:22am On Sep 19, 2018
For where shakey shakey srt of people grin
Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by miteolu(m): 7:22am On Sep 19, 2018
Is true. My wife a perfect example.
She drives safe better than I do.
She maintains car better than I do.

Also, most accidents happen thru men. Although, we have less % of women (drivers) on our roads. Hardly you will see an accident initiated by women driver.
They drive careful. But some female drivers get chin-chin in their o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by agarawu23(m): 7:22am On Sep 19, 2018
They aren't. They are just stubborn on the road.

1 Like

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by kazyhm(m): 7:23am On Sep 19, 2018
Panic drivers are better.............OK I hear you

Try drive behind women on wheel and see how they apply break for imaginary obstacles

7 Likes

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by BlindAngel: 7:26am On Sep 19, 2018
All my life since when i was born and now i am getting old i have never seen a useless and worthless question than this am seeing now, this is the biggest piece of trash i have ever written, for real a human typed those up there? To say you are drunk is a very big understatement, your brain is leaking if you believe 0.00001 percent of what you just typed up there...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by KingAzari: 7:26am On Sep 19, 2018
They are not better driver, it's just that they are always in a panic mode and wouldn't want wahala, some ooo. Not all. My sister is more reckless than Iyana Ipaja-Agege Danfo driver.If you see her corolla, you'd thank God for her life. If you cut her in traffic, she would hit you and come out with her high-heel shoes in hand for a fight. She hits, you are in trouble and you hit her, double wahala for deadi bodi. IYDK, she is navy.

7 Likes

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:27am On Sep 19, 2018
FSolar:
... Very funny but true.

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by moscobabs(m): 7:28am On Sep 19, 2018
Which kind topic bi dis in early morning. How on earth can someone wake up and say women are good drivers than men?

Op call your woman to come and drive btw oshodi and iyana ipaja around 6pm and let see if your car will remain the same in just one hour

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 19, 2018
Nigerian women are the worst women drivers I know. In the city u will see a lot of them driving, but to make an ordinary 50km drive on the highway they cannot. Go to Lagos ibadam expressway. How many women drivers? Maybe 1%. Now go to some really long distance routes like sagamu Benin expressway or Benin asaba highway, or ibadan ife road. How many women drivers? Probably 1 in 200. Does that mean women don't ply these roads? Of course they do but they would rather take public transport or get someone to drive them. So how then are women better driver's?

9 Likes

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by enitey(f): 7:32am On Sep 19, 2018
Women dae always remember say other people on the road na people children. They give birth so they know the pain they go through,so they wouldn't want to cause other mothers pain grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by pocohantas(f): 7:36am On Sep 19, 2018
Of course they are better drivers.

Men are reckless. Na them dey drive PMT, Dangote trucks, danfo buses, AKTC...

Men think smart driving equals rough driving, while endangering lives of other road users. That is why their cars always look like kabukabu.

Drive rough and people will say you are driving like a man, drive responsibly and you will hear you are driving like a woman.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by Dandsome: 7:36am On Sep 19, 2018
No way. Women that will struggle with anything on the road even with Keke especially on the hold up. They can never allow you enter their front.

Women drivers are like ticking time bomb on the streets

3 Likes

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by Tallesty1(m): 7:37am On Sep 19, 2018
pocohantas:
Of course they are better drivers.

Men are reckless. Na them dey drive PMT, Dangote trucks, danfo buses, AKTC...

Men think smart driving equals rough driving, while endangering lives of other road users. That is why their cars always look like kabukabu.

Drive rough and people will say you are driving like a man, drive responsibly and you will hear you are driving like a woman.
Lols, you're not being honest here and you cannot win any debate with the points you listed above.

I agree that men drive PMT et all but then basing your argument on that alone is not right. Sometime in the past, researchers claimed that women are better drivers because they are less likely to get involved in accident but they swallowed their words when more women started driving.

The more the number of female drivers increase, the more their accident rate increase. If you remove 50% of male Dangote truck drivers and replace them with female, we will have no road side sellers in Nigeria again.

Now talking about reckless driving, I just hope you know that how someone drives doesn’t necessarily equal how well he drives?

Men and women make good drivers but men have upper hand in specific driving situations. They are more proficient than women at certain driving tasks probably because they have better understanding of the technical side of cars and these helps a lot in emergency situations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 19, 2018
did you forget to take your meds? women are too emotional and easily distracted on the road, they have problems with spatial awarness on the road so they cant stay on a lane, cant turn the wheels and position the car well.

if you ve ever seen a woman reverse to park a car you will understand, they dont know how to use their mirrors to drive only use it for make up.

they re easily distracted by thing like shoes, handbags and clothing they see on the road, it so bad that they can stop the car abrubtly to make a purchase and cause accidents and get away with it.
extra caution has to be applied when driving with them, no pun intended.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by xxgig(m): 7:47am On Sep 19, 2018
FSolar:

For me, I am of the opinion that there is a balance in the society. For there to be ratings on this, we have less female drivers and the percentage that is castigated for bad driving would be at par with those of male drivers.

Remember this! We have more insane commercial vehicle (male dominated activity) drivers than private vehicle drivers (still male dominated)
this nailed the argument

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by tayo60(f): 7:48am On Sep 19, 2018
Women are the worst drivers even d baddest. They are always in hurry on the road. If an okada rider is not careful, they hit him. They splash mud water on people on the road with their careless driving and most men don't do that. I have noticed several times if people want to cross the road, women drivers don't usually stop their cars but the men will slow down and wave at people to cross . They always wear a moody and unhappy faces when on the steering. They look down on people walking on the road when driving as if they are better off.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by xxgig(m): 7:48am On Sep 19, 2018
quentin06:

, they dont know how to use their mirrors to drive only use it for make up.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by braine(m): 7:49am On Sep 19, 2018
I'm not saying women are bad drivers are bad, but those I've seen are horrible at it.
Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by id4sho(m): 7:50am On Sep 19, 2018
OP, what senseless comparison is this. This is hate speech, Awom boiz can you imagine .

1 Like

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 19, 2018
I have always wanted to get a personal professional female driver. Not because of what the op believes but the swagg that goes with it. Na the new trending.
Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by RayJinble(m): 7:50am On Sep 19, 2018
There is a reason why Formula 1 doesn't have a female version

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Women Better Drivers Than Men? by id4sho(m): 7:51am On Sep 19, 2018
tayo60:
Women are the worst drivers even d baddest. They are always in hurry on the road. If an okada rider is not careful, they hit him. They splash mud water on people on the road with their careless driving and most men don't do that. I have noticed several times if people want to cross the road, women drivers don't usually stop their cars but the men will slow down and wave at people to cross . They always wear a moody and unhappy faces when on the steering. They look down on people walking on the road when driving as if they are better off.
Motion seconded. I concur

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Brand Of Car Battery Is The Best? / Best Everyday Automobile For Lagos: Nominations For 2008 / Advise On Purchase Of Landrover Defender 110

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.