Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

10 Lessons I Learned From Being Kidnapped - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 10 Lessons I Learned From Being Kidnapped (834 Views)

How God Saved Me From Being Kidnapped On 29th December 2020 / Major-General Idris Alkali Found Dead, After Being Kidnapped. Photo / Parmata Abdulkarim Misari Regains Freedom After Being Kidnapped. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Lessons I Learned From Being Kidnapped by Mishydoo(m): 11:49pm On Sep 18, 2018
It was a cold morning 12th Sept 2018 exactly one month to my wedding, a friend in lagos asked me to check up a site in Etchie,Rivers state, little did I know it was a setup.6 masked armed men with rifles struck me down,bound hands,feet and blindfolded dragged into a forest.

Thus my ordeal,14hrs in the hands of kidnappers left me with many stories and lessons...
Re: 10 Lessons I Learned From Being Kidnapped by Mishydoo(m): 11:54pm On Sep 18, 2018
Its barely 4 days since I was released so the lessons are still fresh

1) Always tell people where you are headed,especially if you are going to an unknown place alone,this can detemine if you survive or not! (1hour after my abduction friends contacted the police because I informed them of my movement)

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learned From Being Kidnapped by Mishydoo(m): 11:59pm On Sep 18, 2018
2) Keep the ATM card to your main (savings) at home,better still do not collect debit card for such accounts (I had all my cards on me,so my whole life savings where collected)

3) The moment you are abducted,DO NOT LOOK AT ANYONE IN THE FACE,this will determine if you survive or not.

4) Cooperate with them and give all details they demand truthfully,the beatings and mutilations would be less.

5)DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ESCAPE EXCEPT YOU ARE 100% SURE YOU WILL MAKE IT.if they catch you after atempted escape,your case is sorry.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learned From Being Kidnapped by Mishydoo(m): 12:09am On Sep 19, 2018
6) Always remember that cash can be easily replaced,but life and bodily injuries can not be easily dealt with...

7) When you are allowed to call,make sure you choose someone who is most likely to have money and willing to pay or lend you IMMEDIATELY.remember time is of the essence,the more you stay captive,the less likely you leave unharmed

coolWhen held captive try to keep as calm as possible,speak only when spoken to, NEVER ARGUE,if they offer you water or food,accept...you need all the strength you can get!
Re: 10 Lessons I Learned From Being Kidnapped by Mishydoo(m): 12:09am On Sep 19, 2018
9)Make sure you have a sense of direction as you travel even though blindfolded,always know the direction to run through even though you are blindfolded in case the oppourtunity presents itself

10)Make sure you go to the police immediately you are released,thank God for your life and begin to recoup as soon as possible.

In all this I would not wish this experience on my worst enemy,the trauma is horrible.Stay safe

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learned From Being Kidnapped by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:13am On Sep 19, 2018
May God help us m cry
Re: 10 Lessons I Learned From Being Kidnapped by czarina(f): 12:47am On Sep 19, 2018
Glad you're safe OP. will start taking that number one seriously from now on. Thanks for sharing!
Re: 10 Lessons I Learned From Being Kidnapped by Aden777(m): 12:51am On Sep 19, 2018
Thank God for your life.
Re: 10 Lessons I Learned From Being Kidnapped by samuelson06(m): 1:16am On Sep 19, 2018
Tips to avoid being kidnapped.

These are just tips. I'm not saying you can't still be kidnapped even with these tips. Sometimes, we simply can't avoid the evil day but we can help make our pains lesser.

1. Be fair to people; have a kind heart. Most times, the evil that befall us comes from the people who are closer to us. Even the wicked can be tamed with your nature of life.

2. Treat everyone with love. A man of love can't be destroyed. When you need help, love would speak for you. Remember, God is love.

3. Cut down on your movements. Use technology where necessary. For example, instead of going to bank to send money to someone, why not stay at home and do the transfer through your bank mobile app. If you can use POS in your business to avoid handling too much physical cash, go ahead.

4. Always be in an attitude of prayer in your heart especially when away from home. Draw close to God and let Him direct your path.

5. Control your tongue. Often, we sell ourselves away using our mouth. Keep things brief. Many words can lead us to trouble.

6. Don't feel you are safe with your friends. This also applies to every other person around you. Be careful with your words and actions. Trust no one.

7. Listen to your spirit. It does talk.

8. Watch your dreams. Sometimes, we dream of impending danger but ignore them.

9. Don't hurt people. Make haste to forgive whether you are right or wrong. The state of your heart/spirit can dictate what happens to you next.

10. Be alive to your surroundings; understand the nature of people living around you. Be smart and wise in your dealings with people.

11. Be careful no how you carry yourself. Make humility your kinsman. Let him reflect in your words, actions, appearance and dealings with people.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learned From Being Kidnapped by FOWOSHERE01(m): 1:32am On Sep 19, 2018
Naija no safe at all again

(1) (Reply)

A Mentally Unstable Man Jumped To His Death From A Network Mast In Ibadan / See Why Islamic Cleric Raped 5-year-old In Lagos / Lady Reveals What Her Gateman Did After Sending Him To The Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.