Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today (25559 Views)

Tinubu Consults Governors Of States Sharing Boundaries With Niger Republic / #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 / Ambode: Tinubu Burst Into Tears At Meeting With Buhari & APC Governors- Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by wildchild1: 10:05am On Sep 19, 2018
The members are loyal to Tinubu and would more likely go with what has been in the media.

Check my signature for the just concluded world cup jerseys and 2018/2019 club jerseys
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by icon8: 10:05am On Sep 19, 2018
Dollyak:
It is absolutely wrong of anyone to take a self appointed position of authority by dictating terms to Lagos.

There's is something seriously wrong with Nigerians pilitical systems of godfatherism.

I'll consider this an insult personally if i was a Lagosian as effectively your vote doesn't matter in the scheme of things.

I guess you don't understand how a Party-System democracy works.

A party has to nominate you as a candidate first, before the general populace can vote to elect you.

This matter is a party affair, for now. It will become a Lagosian affair only after the party has presented its candidate for election. As long as nothing unconstitutional is done in the process, how a party decides on its candidate is nobody's business (except members of the party). The worst that will happen is for the electorates to reject the party's candidate at the general elections.

6 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Mccullum: 10:12am On Sep 19, 2018
murphyibiam15:
only in Afonjaa land a governor bows down to his subjects.. pathetic..this can never happen in Igboland..who born you??

That's why Pigs land can't be compare with Yoruba land because subject can influence loss of political power of a governor as that makes Western Nigeria States to be more progressive and mature than that of the East and Tinubu know that if Ambode allow to continue Lagos will be very worst in 2023 which will enable another political party to win easily because Lagos State is very dirty with bad roads and many uncompleted reconstruction of road contracts that's causing huge traffic daily.

1 Like

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:16am On Sep 19, 2018
Sannisege:
Don't say what you don't know mr IPOB.
Mtcheeeeeew. Braindead dillhole
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 19, 2018
The rate at which Ibos beef Tinubu is too alarming, check any news that has to do at Tinubu. My opinion is they dislike him because they don't have a national leader like him or because Tinubu was the major reason Jonathan lost election.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by cinnaman: 10:55am On Sep 19, 2018
220 for today ... come lets win together .

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by FarahAideed: 10:57am On Sep 19, 2018
Elayna:
I guess Apc just want to shake Ambode before giving him a second chance

They won't give him ...Tinubu knows Ambode is to smart to be given a second chance , the kind of Ambode when you go out against him it has to be all out so you don't make the kind of mistake Atiku made with OBJ in 2003
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by olowo1995(m): 11:02am On Sep 19, 2018
Jossyroyal1:
grin

This man started work on almost all Lagos roads at the same time.. Thereby making life unbearable for residents with long traffic all over.. What was he doing from the beginning of his tenure??

Anything for the benefit of the people is welcomed...

You are a medical personnel or u work in hospital setting, kindly check my signature

He is building and modifying statue all around.... When people are pointing to their achievement in office he will point at all the statue he built.

He is constructing motor park (bus stop) when road is not good beautifying bus stop. Everything has it own reward... Make im dance to im tune abeg

1 Like

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by sinola(m): 11:04am On Sep 19, 2018
yns4real:
• Body’s decision final on gov’s fate

Gboyega Akinsanmi

Lagos State Governor Akinwunmi Ambode will today know the fate of his bid for a second term of office as the National Leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Bola Tinubu, meets with the state’s highest advisory political organ, Governor’s Advisory Council (GAC), this afternoon in Lagos to discuss the matter.

Ambode’s political future has been in limbo since Tinubu’s powerful political machine, the Mandate Movement, threw up the Managing Director of Lagos State Development and Property Corporation (LSDPC), Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to challenge the governor at the party’s primary scheduled for Tuesday.

Also in the race, is another strong contender, former Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, a godson of the national leader, who has the backing of an equally powerful group, the Justice Forum.
The governor’s travail had attracted the intervention of the presidency and some governors, including Oyo State’s Senator Abiola Ajimobi that pleaded for reprieve for him.

But faced with a possible mutiny by his foot soldiers, Tinubu insisted that Ambode should test his popularity at the direct primary contest for the party’s ticket, saying he no longer wants to be accused of imposing anyone on the party.

THISDAY was told last night that the party’s national leader, however, shifted some ground on Monday by agreeing to refer the matter to the GAC, the body that advises the governor and the party leader on matters of state as well issues that concern the party.

Barring any hiccup, the meeting is expected to hold today at 4pm, if, according to a reliable THISDAY source, Tinubu returns this morning from Osogbo, the Osun State capital, where he had joined President Muhammadu Buhari and other party leaders to hold a final campaign rally for the APC candidate in next Saturday’s governorship election, Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola.
THISDAY sources said the decision of the council, being the highest advisory body in the state, would be final on the matter. And it would be Tinubu’s final consultation.

The membership of the council, made up of the governor and leaders of the party across the three senatorial districts of the state, with Tinubu as chairman, include, Dr. Olorunfemi Bashorun; Senator Anthony Adefuye, Prof. Tunde Samuel, Chief Adeyemi Ikuforiji, Alhaji Tajudeen Olusi and Cardinal James Odumbaku.

The council, THISDAY learnt, had handled similar naughty issues in the past, including the controversy over the attempt by the Chief John Odigie-Oyegun-led National Executive Committee to elongate its tenure as well as the mode of primary for the selection of the party’s candidates for the general elections slated for the first quarter of next year.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/09/19/ambode-tinubu-consults-governors-advisory-council-today/amp/

Time is tickling.....The mighty is been humbled
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by opribo(m): 11:19am On Sep 19, 2018
Tinubu is just showing everybody that he has Lagos state in his pocket. He will not and cannot change Ambode now.
He did the samething to Fashola at the end he Fashola contested and won.

He is using this tactics to show himself as the czar of Lagos politics but all that would be dismantled soon by Bubu himself. If not for the election that is near he almost concluded in sending the man to tge dustbin of history.
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by lagdmark(m): 11:22am On Sep 19, 2018
Even if Ambo is given the ticket afterwards, they will use him as buhari uses Ameachi and Rochas.
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by slowie(m): 11:34am On Sep 19, 2018
murphyibiam15:
only in Afonjaa land a governor bows down to his subjects.. pathetic..this can never happen in Igboland..who born you??
That is why all of you are aggressively rushing down to "Afonjaland" for survival.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Dootty(m): 11:34am On Sep 19, 2018
Ambode is just a thief chopping alone so definitely he will end up whinning alone.
All these propaganda about him working, wasn't he elected to work.

With a budget of 1 trillion this year alone which is over 3 billion dollars, can you justify that what you have seen this year is even 500 million dollars.

The so roads he's working on are existing roads not new newly constructed roads. The oshodi Abeokuta road is even the worst, same road OBJ expanded with Julius Berger now and even with that traffic is still experienced in mornings and evenings. Now he has reduced the same road with attendant description on the remaining lane caused by construction of his so called bus lane.

Apart the from Abule Egba bridge and some lay-bys and pedestrian bridges at ojota, oworoshonki and a few others. The rest projects are glorified bus terminals and garages with no buses.

The scaling down of LAWMA for visionscape, who do you think is amassing the budget.

Now does anyone even know how much Ambode is using to construct his bus terminal and bridges. No because of as smart accountant and greedy crook that he is, he lumped every works construction into one vote without giving a breakdown of the components cost of each project.

During Fashola tenure, every 100 days he was commissioning projects in virtually all sectors and spheres of the state and am not talking about bus stop or pedestrian bridges, I mean modern schools, hospitals,major agriculture projects, roads, health centres, bridges, housing estates and others.

The question is since Ambode revealed to us that Fashola spent 160m on boreholes and 78m on website why hasn't he revealed the cost of his bus stops and garages too.

The fact is Amobode is greedy chopping alone and doing cosmetic projects up and down and now rushing projects because it's time for election otherwise what projects has been commissioning every 100 days since he took oath of office. So only him wants to eat, the party members should not be compensated for their support or he thinks without them even with Jagban he would have won?

The current state of the internal and majors in Lagos coupled with mass of refuse everywhere shows that he's definitely not capable of running the state.

Only good thing is that at least he has declared that the state is spending 1 billion naira monthly to fuel generators for powering the street lights every evening so u can make your deductions of where your 3 billion dollars is going.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by adelacuna(m): 11:49am On Sep 19, 2018
Elayna:
I guess Apc just want to shake Ambode before giving him a second chance
I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by ronishratis(f): 12:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Shogba1989(m): 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2018
Make This Elder Tinubu no con pour sand into our garri ooo, Make hin leave Uncle Ambode Alone for crying out loud!!!!

Make he leave am make he finish our road oo cuz dat one don vess stop d project of road construction he was doing now. Who get Dis Elder number self
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by deomelo: 12:22pm On Sep 19, 2018
Tinubu said no more automatic ticket that prevents other capable candidates from contesting via imposition and godfatherism, but these village Igbos are asking for automatic ticket, imposition and godfatherism where incubents are imposed and remain in office regardless of their performance.

These ignorant Igbos are either confused, ignorant or just rettarded because they are basically asking for imposition and godfatherism. They are just too rretarded to see their own stupidity..

...but if course, we know they careless about Lagos State, their usual idiocy remains hatred and bitterness against Asiwaju Tinubu.

Bunch of village losers.

1 Like

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by JamesTPhillips: 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2018
cheesy
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by lagdmark(m): 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2018
deomelo:
Tinubu said no more automatic ticket that prevents other capable candidates from contesting via imposition and godfatherism, but these village Igbos are asking for automatic ticket, imposition and godfatherism where incubents are imposed and remain in office regardless of their performance.

These ignorant Igbos are either confused, ignorant or just rettarded because they are basically asking for imposition and godfatherism. They are just too rretarded to see their own stupidity..

...but if course, we know they careless about Lagos State, their usual idiocy remains hatred and bitterness against Asiwaju Tinubu.

Bunch of village losers.
So they have IPOB members as opposition inside APC in lagos, good to know how powerful ipob is.

1 Like

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Elayna(f): 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2018
FarahAideed:

They won't give him ...Tinubu knows Ambode is to smart to be given a second chance , the kind of Ambode when you go out against him it has to be all out so you don't make the kind of mistake Atiku made with OBJ in 2003
Wow
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by FarahAideed: 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2018
olowo1995:

He is building and modifying statue all around.... When people are pointing to their achievement in office he will point at all the statue he built.

He is constructing motor park (bus stop) when road is not good beautifying bus stop. Everything has it own reward... Make im dance to im tune abeg

Shut up he built more road than Fashola ..the only problem yiu have with him is because Tiinubu has fallen out with him ..you don't have an independent mind
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by deomelo: 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2018
lagdmark:

So they have IPOB members as opposition inside APC in lagos, good to know how powerful ipob is.

Can't read and comprehend ipob villager, didn't know ignorant Igbos posting on NL are also APC ipob members in Lagos.

It is not by force to comment, keep quiet if you have nothing to say or can't read and comprehend simple English words.
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by mechanics(m): 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2018
I pray he will be given a second chance.
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Ladfem(m): 2:30pm On Sep 19, 2018
Drabeey:
What is the beauty of democracy?

well, some will say it's the power given to the masses to be able to vote for their choice. well that's correct, but the beauty can also be the deceptions and gimmicks employed by the political jurgarnuts to pull the masses to their side. Now, that is the beauty of Democracy!

A case study of Lagos state. The internet and infact the ears of Nigerians home and abroad has been full of the rancours between Tinubu(Jagaban) and his godson Ambode (governor of Lagos state).

It is no more news that Ambode has been rejected by the bigwigs of Lagos political sphere and adopted the idea of Jide Sanwo-olu as the next governor of Lagos state!

Well don't be deceived, I think Tinubu is only playing politics here!

Ambode is coming back as the Governor till 2023

To me, this is very easy to decipher!

Tinubu has a rift with Ambode, yet he was allowed to finish his tenure as the Governor!
I stand corrected, Tinubu has more than 2/3(if not all) of the state house of rep law makers. He could have easily ousted the 'erring son' out of the government house with or without the consent of the masses! some allegations levied against the governor are the fact that he is destroying the legacies of the former governor and leader of Apc Party.

Tinubu would shot himself at the leg if he decides to do away with Ambode come 2019. Many people are already clamouring for change, some truly believes the change they expected from Buhari ain't forth coming, hence they need to test another shift of power!
Tinubu who has held the power mantle of Nigeria south west is not only well lettered about this fact, he knows for sure that if he should force Sanwo-olu down the throat of Lagosians, it would just be his DOOM! Have you ever heard about 'pity votes' yes, that exactly is what other Political parties would get from the masses!

Ambode is the man of the masses, no doubt! He has done so well with the developmental steering of Lagos state!

I am a man of the street and yes, I have my ears to the ground always when it comes to politics(lagos,oyo).
While some governors are busy saving Paris club Refunds for personal gains/ paying salaries... Ambode was busy using the money beautifying lagos!

You can't take it away from Lagosians, the love the have for this chubby governor can't just be wiped out yet, Asiwaju knows this too well too!

The Politics been played

See the plan:

Use Sanwo-olu as a distraction, get the governor on his toes, get enough pity from the masses (for the governor) and then show how internal democracy abounds within the party (indirect primaries). Then vote in the Incumbent(Ambode). Don't ask me, you and I know that is a sure win for the party during the General election!

Well, this is only a speculation by myself, it doesn't represent the heart of the Jugarnuts. My prayers are not too much! I pray Asiwaju doesn't shoot himself at the leg by removing Ambode, if he does..... He should just forget about Epe division of Lagos and it's environs! no matter how they score the performance of the governor, he has done so well to his hometown, Epe....

Caveat: Sanwo-olu shouldn't rejoice yet, even if he gets the mandate to bear the flag of the party, he should know the same thing would befall him... Lagos is known to set the pace, and if the pace of one tenure has been set, he also won't be spared come 2023!

Drabeey wrote this.....
I love this ur write up ,some people don't understand the political game plan of Mr jagaban of boruland, Sonwolu was just push into the fray to informed the lagosian to behold their governor come 2023 and amass public plea to return ambode come 2019.

1 Like

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Carlyscales: 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
micolaj:
Will Ambode be given the ticket ? grin

Elders are just lecturing Ambode on Politics; we know how it will end grin
And you, Ambode, have forgotten that a father will always be a father. grin

Ati pe bi omode ba ni aso bi agba, ko leni Akisa bi agba lailai

Butooo what really is Ambo's fault in all these??

I've followed this case closely but can't see any clear mess-up from Ambo

If he didn't give party faithfuls contracts.
The valid question is were the contracts properly done?

I just see them all playing into d hands of d opposition. Because when two brothers fight to death over a property, a stranger inherits the same property.

Inasmuch as Lagos have been under d grip of APC n Tinubu. But looking at the results in 2011 n 2015 elections u could easily deduce that Lagos is definitely not fully APC n Lagos has d biggest population of enlightened voters in nija. APC nearly lost Lag to PDP in 2015 because of d harassment of Latsma during Fashola. Hence why Oba Akiolu was jittery n started issuing threats .

Most lagosians believe that their hardships is not because Ambo's not working rather it's inconvenience due too many constructions ongoing sametime. So essentially they see Ambo as working. While they see Tinubu as literally milking n leaving of Lagos resources.

So Ambo will go to another party n fight Tinubu. A battle he'll definitely loose.

But what happens
It's d votes of APC that'll be scattered and consolidating of d opposition in d elections. Because Ambo still do have supporters both in n outside APC for sure.
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by 49cents(m): 3:07pm On Sep 19, 2018
Sapphire86:
Honestly, I'm tired of hearing about Ambode every other hour. I know he wont see this but I have to pour out my mind

Gov Ambode, it is with sadness i hear you grovel because of your political ambition. I never wanted you to be elected in 2015 because of the party you represented and one or 2 issues but I must say, you came and blew my reservations away. Its sickening that you dont know your worth else you wont allowing any one individual or group determine your fate as though they have the final say.

Even if you only serve for a term, you have done well because the issues of Lagos cannot be tackled fully in 4 years but a step and process must first be implemented which you have done.

Now if you decide you still have strength and grace to go one more term, its alright but WHO TOLD YOU IF TINUBU OR MANDATE GROUP do not endorse you, you can't win? Since when did they have the final say over your life and Lagos?(Except there is something you are not telling us)

Personally, I hope you stay and fight for yours or leave and fight for yours in another party but either way, FIGHT FOR YOURS. The backbone of Tinubu must be broken in Lagos and if this is how it would be for it to happen, I'm down for it. No one man or group should hold a state ransom; I don't care if he (Tinubu) personally dines with the devil every evening.

Gov Ambode, it's time for you to grow a pair and fight. It would be tough, it would be difficult but it's not impossible. All you need are God and a fighting spirit.

P.S. I hope you didn't embezzle like your predecessors oooo

Tired of Apc, tired of Tinubu

It's my opinion... dont disturb my peace on it.

If only you knew the amount of skeletons in ambodes cupboard you would advice him otherwise
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Baawaa(m): 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2018
cucumbae:
Mention them.
LAWMA
LIGHT UP LAGOS,WASTING OF TAX PAYERS MONEY
And substandard road Projects
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 19, 2018
Baawaa:

LAWMA
LIGHT UP LAGOS,WASTING OF TAX PAYERS MONEY
And substandard road Projects
Blame tinubu's hitech for the substandard roads in Lagos.
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by ibedun: 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2018
murphyibiam15:

Of course, an elected public administrator is a king in Igboland. ........primitive land
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by oruma19: 1:06am On Sep 20, 2018
Bizibi:
the Godfather and his subject should know their limits,fashola really tried in balancing it but their greed is too much and a time will come when APC will implode and lose that state.

Where's tony anenih now?
Even ibori that controls delta state know his limit.
u are right sha. But even ambode is not different from them...criminals...lolz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambode Receives Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, At Government House, Ikeja (Photos) / Delta: One State, Two Government Houses / Pictures From Delta State PDP Campaign flag-off In Oghara Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.