Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,666 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

5 Tips For Recovering After A Long Day At Work - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Tips For Recovering After A Long Day At Work (247 Views)

5 Tips To Build Your Confidence / Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! / 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips For Recovering After A Long Day At Work by VirtueDigest: 10:07am On Sep 19, 2018
Every so often we have a long day at work. Whether it’s the amount of work we need to do, conflicting priorities, or just many things going wrong, a long day at work can be challenging and hard to recover from. Here are a few tips for recovering after a long day at work.

Lie down and do nothing
One of the best ways to recover after work is just to lie down. This helps you feel relaxed and gives both your mind and your body a much needed rest from your day.

Lie down on your bed or couch. Close your eyes and do nothing. Don’t lie down to read a book or play with your phone, as this doesn’t really give your brain a rest. Don’t look around the room and notice what needs to be cleaned or put away, as this will just distract you. It’s kind of like meditation, but you don’t need to commit as much as meditation.

You don’t need to do this for very long. A few minutes can help you feel more relaxed. Ten or 15 minutes can be enough. If you need to have a nap, make it a short one, as it could disrupt your natural sleep cycle.

Get some exercise
Another way to feel good after a long day of work is to get some exercise. I like running, so a couple of times a week I go out for a run. It’s only a couple of kilometres, but the act of running and breaking a sweat makes me feel better. It’s also a great way to reduce stress at work, if you make it part of your schedule.

Also read Best Ways to Deal with an Angry Person
You don’t have to go running if you don’t like to run. Try riding a bike, going to the gym, playing a sport, doing some yoga or pilates. Any kind of exercise will help you feel better after your long day at work...Read More at https://www.virtuedigest.com/5-tips-recovering-long-day-work/

(1) (Reply)

Hello Researchers/students! Click For Something New / We Are Looking To Hire An Android Developer / Workforce Group Graduate Trainees Recruitment 2018 | Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.