Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? (5393 Views)

Poll: Who would you rather have as Nigeria's next president

Pat Utomi: 31% (58 votes)
Dele Momodou: 4% (8 votes)
Kris Okotie: 9% (17 votes)
IBB: 8% (15 votes)
Goodluck Jonathan: 46% (85 votes)
This poll has ended

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Checkout These Lovely Photos Of Gov. Rotimi Amaechi And Dele Momodou / The Truth About 1966 Gradually Coming Out.okotie Eboh Not Shot Either. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2010
er. . . none of the above cheesy
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by binaflexia: 1:43pm On Jul 08, 2010
@poster

Try to avoid the name "IBB" to presidency in your subsequent post or poll.

The inclusion of IBB makes the list look funny, useless and non-serious.

Always fight to avoid the name.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by frenchman(m): 1:50pm On Jul 08, 2010
Pat Utomi ##Not so popular. Not a really tested administrator. The Volkswagen collapse is a test case
Dele Momodou ## No Chance. Dele can sell his children cos of money and popularity. He is an owanbe man like Alao-Akala.
Kris Okotie ## He is a confused joker. No chance.He needs to seek the face of God first.
IBB## Wicked and mean. His only obstacle is GEJ
Goodluck Jonathan ## May eventually win, but may beat OBJ's record in terms of ineptitude and lack of vision
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by Acidosis(m): 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2010
I wonder many prefer Pat to GJ
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by cvibe: 2:09pm On Jul 08, 2010
Fair complexion i guess!
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by DisGuy: 2:42pm On Jul 08, 2010
you nigerians like Grammar well well, he should compete with Okotie on that Front

The guy and his party/parties have never been able to win a single Local Government since,
he will hold the record for 'former presidential candidate very soon' i wonder why he doesnt even campaign in his own state
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by DisGuy: 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

lwkmd. . .niger youths have been mobilizing for him seriously.i saw a picture of him with some youths on a thread yesterday pledging their support.

I also saw pictures of him with nigerians in USA- guess what;just like the ones in Nigeria they wont be voting!!!
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by Tmoni(m): 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2010
I hope and pray and wish that Dele Momoudu will not become the president of naija
He does not appeal to the youth at any level

I know the country has done many wrong things but if Nigeria can vote a man who made his money by "Idolising Pen-Robbers" is made president of the country then we might as well all just move enmass to Ghana and allow naija to rot more

have you guys read the "amala jounalism" that the guy uploads weekly on thisday, utter tosh in all angles
He always keeps going on how he sat in first class and saw XYZ and how he stayed in this or that hotel
And then goes on to vilify nigeria yet he still uses those his 35mm to take picrures of them

I despise Bob Dee,,,,,very much
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by maltinal(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2010
I will neva vote 4 IBB,MOMODU go and face ur OVATION bus.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by eros(m): 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2010
Pat Utomi has my voted anyday and it is very worrisome that some many folks here prefer GJ. The man has proved to be worse than Yara-dull, by his wasteful spending and hidden embezzlement. I wonder when Nigerians will ever learn.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by teekay8(m): 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2010
I'm with 'BIG JOE'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO JONATHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kiss
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by fesse(f): 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2010
Dele Ko, Momodu ni. Nobody knows him plssssssssssssss
IBB is just trying reclaim populance. He is a failure.
Okotie is a big time comedian. Joker of the highest order
Utomi is educated but lacks administrative value. He is not well-known in 9ja politics
G. Jonathan is better of but still need ideas

If am to vote, i will go by Goodluck Jonathan because he has ears of listening.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by samie4jj: 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2010
momodou is always looking washed out and okotie may be fresh but not what naija needs. How do we raise idiagbong from the dead or better let one arise on horse back with an armoure.that is the hand, migthy that naija needs. The rest of the political contenders have been tried and tested, they all failled especialy O.U.K. who messed up Abia state. The lucky Jona, if he can swallow the fish will have our botes.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by semid4lyfe(m): 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2010
I'll definitely be voting Goodie .J. come 2011.

The rest are jokers.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by shigoo2000: 4:26pm On Jul 08, 2010
yes those are the people we need now, young people with elaborate knowledge,
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by platinumnk(f): 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2010
Aloy where did you get this picture from?

[img]http://3.bp..com/_u3lFqBksmrE/TC-bJ5neLRI/AAAAAAAAffo/G9__VumqMnI/s320/36366_438150016753_646231753_5823007_4587475_n.jpg[/img]

I remember when they took this picture, this was at the NYC Reunion a couple of days ago.
Its actually in the Hotel Room where they took it.
I felt totally offended when they asked Dele to Speak at the Gala Night.
I felt they were pushing him when he could be totally nothing!
In fact when Dele went to speak a couple of Nigerians were shouting at him accusing him of fraud, then Dele got off the stage.

I told Several NRC committee that it was wrong that they took a event into a political arena . .

Besides those TShirts were triple lame,
Told them they could keep it those and those FELA! shirts lipsrsealed

So Aloy were u in NYC? tongue
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by Omolulu(m): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2010
fesse:

Dele Ko, Momodu ni. Nobody knows him plssssssssssssss
IBB is just trying reclaim populance. He is a failure.
Okotie is a big time comedian. Joker of the highest order
Utomi is educated but lacks administrative value. He is not well-known in 9ja politics

u can make him well known by voting for him
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2010
fesse:

How exactly is Goodluck better? What has he done or "ACHIEVED"for you to make such a claim? NOte: Accidental achievements don't count . . . lol
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by 2ndThought(m): 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2010
I personally nominate Sam Nwanti  - http://nigerianpresident2011.org/ - for comical relief grin
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by Omolulu(m): 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2010
2ndThought:

I personally nominate Sam Nwanti  - http://nigerianpresident2011.org/ - for comical relief grin

LMAOO!!! Detective na title sef?? hmmm for one all men have the right to be voted for, hehehe grin
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by warripekin(m): 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2010
Utomi will have my vote , next is Goodluck( only say the man like sapele water with root too much abi na monkey tail)
But he will try as a leader . Chris Okotie , eloquent, dapper and  a ladies man any day, but is that what nigeria really needs? Who is Dele Momodu ? Ok I remember that boot licker who collects money from our thieving politicians in the name of a magazine. ( thiefu thiefu jankoliko)  Please who ever that knows this Sabongida Ora man should warn him to mind his Ovation business. Before we know it now , Bisi Olatilo will declare his presidential ambition too what a joker.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by canuck(m): 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2010
2ndThought:

grin  grin  grin

This is too funny! Detective ko, C.I.D ni! But wait o, may be we need an incorruptible Olopa in Aso Rock.  cheesy

@ Topic

It's probaby time to give an egghead like Utomi the chance to have a go at this enigma called Nigeria. Plus, an Igbo (non-ceremonial) President for the first time ever!
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 08, 2010
dele momodu??
chris okotie
GEJ or hatver he is called
IBB embarassed do not remid us of June 12
Is this the best we can come up with,recycled politicians?
Nigeria is just a revolving door of crime and thievery
imagine basket mouth and co clamouring for a man they trully know is not sound enuff for the job,what makes them diff from nnzeribe and the guys clamouring for Abasha then?
if these fools have no people pushing them on,they will stay put,we will not hear about them but basket mouth and co collect moni and now na dele momodu dem wan die with.
na wah for nigeria o
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by lanrelagos: 5:47pm On Jul 08, 2010
none,
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by OAM4J: 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2010
Still considering and looking out for more options.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by akigbemaru: 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2010
Dele Momodu may be an underdog right now but time will tell. My first pick is GJ, because the power of incumbent is huge. After that is Dele Momodu. He is more appealing to every corner of Nigeria than Pat Utomi. First of all, he's from Edo, second of all he's more of Yoruba [I guarantee him 60% of Yoruba votes, he's both Christian and Muslim (he will appeal to atleast 40% of the Northerners and then the least group that will never vote for him still has 10% of theirs to vote for him because of their son [Basket-mouth]. Utomi will never win presidency in Nigeria, he will only have huge votes nowhere more than Iboland. The South-south people know that the camaraderie between them and Ibos is just an affected interplay between any prey and predator out there. It’s amazing that despite the malicious moves by some faceless people to portray heroic stunts of Dele Momodu as villain (airoju and airaye ko ni je ki gbogbo won se gbaun gbaun kiri jigba – nitori Dele, se emu pe opon ti sun ni?), he has never been alleged for any malfeasance or venal malpractices order than using his God-given adroit and cumbersome prolific instincts. Dele’s case wasn’t like those opportunists out-there, he became success; virtually by dints of much hardworking. For those out-there pointing fingers and dubbed Dele as "Idolizing Pen-Robbers," why can’t you blame FORBES MAGAZINE too? It lists Columbian, Mexican drug-barons and other people with questionable acts on its 2010 world billionaires’ pyramid. I am still thinking who will get my vote comes 2011, my heart tickling with GJ’s ineptitude and that requires one’s to question the authenticity of his Ph.D – but guess what it’s in Zoology though, he supposed to be in Yankari Game Reserve talking care of our endanger wild animals [it’s only in Nigeria goats kill Lions]. I want to give him the benefit of doubt till December this year.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by smile4kenn(m): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2010
I dont see any reason why I should vote for momodu
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by donobi(m): 7:52pm On Jul 08, 2010
WHO SAID PAT UTOMI IS A CREDIBLE CANDIDATE,
LET NIGERIANS ASK HIM OF WHAT LEAD TO THE FOLD UP OF VOLKSWAGEN NIG. WHEN HE WAS THE CHAIRMAN?
LET HIM ANSWER IT, BECAUSE IT DENT IT CREDIBILITY.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by lanrelagos: 8:50pm On Jul 08, 2010
thanks jare donobi,
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by TruMantra(m): 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2010
My preferred candidate would be Donald Duke. I witnessed the transformation of Cross River state during his tenure. For me, the next president should be an individual that has demonstrated his proficiency at the national or state levels.

Here are my opinions about the names on the list;

Pat Utomi: His experience in the corporate world via Volkswagen Nigeria, while useful, does not demonstrate adequate administrative ability as the organization failed while he was at the helm. Still, his credibility is unquestionable and having him as president would guaranty a change in direction for Nigeria.

Dele Momodu: Unlike several other people, I do not hold running Ovation against him. Rather, it demonstrates his ability to identify and make use of opportunities even in challenging situations. This is a trait that the next Nigerian president cannot do without. Still, his sub-par articles for Thisday as well as his annoying name dropping do not endear me to him. I cannot honestly say that he strikes me as having the character and vision required to be our commander-in-chief.

Chris Okotie: Many have castigated him simply for being a pastor. This is simply wrong. The fact that he is a man of the cloth (kinda) does not mean that his aspirations need remail in that area only. He has been an outspoken critic of bad governance for several years and has been actively involved in community service via his church, The Household of God. To his credit, he is eloquent and adept at communicating ideas. This is an invaluable ability in a country like Nigeria where IBB has been described as a charismatic leader. I would love to hear Okotie address the UN as president of Nigeria and I am sure that many on this forum would as well, even if only to experience the grammatical onslaught that he would unleash.
Still, it must be said that his administrative abilities have not been proven on a national or even state level. HIs church does not have branches as far as I know and it is likely that as president he will be unable to hit the ground running. His party will also face the challenges that every "regional" part does and this is a minus.

IBB: Anyone who votes for IBB is either suffering from Amnesia, has been bribed or is guilty of gross and unforgivable ignorance.

Goodluck Honathan: His actions since becoming president have sometimes appeared to be impulsive and improperly informed. In addition, he is a part of the PDP. By default, I will not vote for anyone that flies the PDP flag. Still, he has displayed the admirable quality of being a good listener. Nigerian leaders are known for turning a deaf ear to their followers or not having ears at all. I would prefer that he ensures that INEC conducts a credible election ad thus leaves his footprints in the sands of Nigeria's time. One year in office is enough for this perhaps well meaning but unelected president and his party. The PDP has to go!

In all, I would like to see a series of debates where these candidates would face off against each other. A scenario where different experts constitute a panel that poses relevant questions would be ideal. What plans do they have for diversifying Nigeria's economy and moving away from a crude oil centered economic policy? How do they plan to tackle the infrastructure challenges that their predecessors have failed to deal with? What is their position on the Constitution and making the necessary amendments? Can they outline their plans for building or repairing the Nigerian identity at home and abroad? And finally, how do they intend to solve the problem of the absence of a national identification scheme that allows for up to date information on the citizens and resident of Nigeria?

People, I hope that our election year will bring great surprises!
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by isonlagba: 9:18pm On Jul 08, 2010
Good grief, I can't believe this! Momodu or Kris Okotie for president?! What are we going to hear next?

It only shows the abyssmal level of pathethic, leprous, lascivious decay and bastardisation that the exalted office of Predidency has descended in the contrivance called Nigeria.
I won't be shocked if we wake up tomorrow and we hear that Baba Suwe, Pasuma, Obesere, Saheed Osupa, Tuface, Usuofia or Aki and Pawpaw or Jim Iyke have all declared their intention to run for presidency in 2011!

Only God Almighty can save this Sodom and Gomorrah called Nigeria.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by mikeoscar: 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2010
Pat Utomi  ##Not so popular. Not a really tested administrator. The Volkswagen collapse is a test case
Dele Momodou ## No Chance. Dele can sell his children cos of money and popularity. He is an owanbe man like Alao-Akala.
Kris Okotie ## He is a confused joker. No chance.He needs to seek the face of God first.
IBB## Wicked and mean. His only obstacle is GEJ
Goodluck Jonathan ## May eventually win, but may beat OBJ's record in terms of ineptitude and lack of vision

It's not that I don't have issues with your perception of the other Gentlemen, but to say that Obj was inept and lacked vision is nothing but a sweeping unsubstantiated/tested statement . Think again my brother. We may not have liked some of his policies or his person or temperament but I think He deserves better than you 're handing him unless you can come-up with yard-sticks, facts and figures, o.k.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police / Suicide Bombers Will Go To Hell - Gov Aliyu / Senators Uncover ₦3B Fake Police Pension Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.