Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? (5401 Views)

Poll: Who would you rather have as Nigeria's next president

Pat Utomi: 31% (58 votes)
Dele Momodou: 4% (8 votes)
Kris Okotie: 9% (17 votes)
IBB: 8% (15 votes)
Goodluck Jonathan: 46% (85 votes)
This poll has ended

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Checkout These Lovely Photos Of Gov. Rotimi Amaechi And Dele Momodou / The Truth About 1966 Gradually Coming Out.okotie Eboh Not Shot Either. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by mikeoscar: 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2010
My preferred candidate would be Donald Duke. I witnessed the transformation of Cross River state during his tenure. For me, the next president should be an individual that has demonstrated his proficiency at the national or state levels.

Here are my opinions about the names on the list;

Pat Utomi: His experience in the corporate world via Volkswagen Nigeria, while useful, does not demonstrate adequate administrative ability as the organization failed while he was at the helm. Still, his credibility is unquestionable and having him as president would guaranty a change in direction for Nigeria.

Dele Momodu: Unlike several other people, I do not hold running Ovation against him. Rather, it demonstrates his ability to identify and make use of opportunities even in challenging situations. This is a trait that the next Nigerian president cannot do without. Still, his sub-par articles for Thisday as well as his annoying name dropping do not endear me to him. I cannot honestly say that he strikes me as having the character and vision required to be our commander-in-chief.

Chris Okotie: Many have castigated him simply for being a pastor. This is simply wrong. The fact that he is a man of the cloth (kinda) does not mean that his aspirations need remail in that area only. He has been an outspoken critic of bad governance for several years and has been actively involved in community service via his church, The Household of God. To his credit, he is eloquent and adept at communicating ideas. This is an invaluable ability in a country like Nigeria where IBB has been described as a charismatic leader. I would love to hear Okotie address the UN as president of Nigeria and I am sure that many on this forum would as well, even if only to experience the grammatical onslaught that he would unleash.
Still, it must be said that his administrative abilities have not been proven on a national or even state level. HIs church does not have branches as far as I know and it is likely that as president he will be unable to hit the ground running. His party will also face the challenges that every "regional" part does and this is a minus.

IBB: Anyone who votes for IBB is either suffering from Amnesia, has been bribed or is guilty of gross and unforgivable ignorance.

Goodluck Honathan: His actions since becoming president have sometimes appeared to be impulsive and improperly informed. In addition, he is a part of the PDP. By default, I will not vote for anyone that flies the PDP flag. Still, he has displayed the admirable quality of being a good listener. Nigerian leaders are known for turning a deaf ear to their followers or not having ears at all. I would prefer that he ensures that INEC conducts a credible election ad thus leaves his footprints in the sands of Nigeria's time. One year in office is enough for this perhaps well meaning but unelected president and his party. The PDP has to go!

In all, I would like to see a series of debates where these candidates would face off against each other. A scenario where different experts constitute a panel that poses relevant questions would be ideal. What plans do they have for diversifying Nigeria's economy and moving away from a crude oil centered economic policy? How do they plan to tackle the infrastructure challenges that their predecessors have failed to deal with? What is their position on the Constitution and making the necessary amendments? Can they outline their plans for building or repairing the Nigerian identity at home and abroad? And finally, how do they intend to solve the problem of the absence of a national identification scheme that allows for up to date information on the citizens and resident of Nigeria?

People, I hope that our election year will bring great surprises

Very matured, articulate, Objective, and devoid of the sort of prejudice, image smearing and sentimentalism that characterise many Nairaland fora . You've earned my respect here and I 'll be watching your space. Be blessed.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by adros84(m): 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2010
I watched Okotie's interview on one TV station and I was disappointed because the man could not answer simple questions. He could not sell his ideas if he had any. he spent all the time criticizing the PDP. I won't vote fr any aspirant who is unable to tell me what he will do about the myriads of problems facing theis country especially the power sector.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by vescucci(m): 11:12pm On Jul 08, 2010
IBB and Jonathan are the only sensible options here. IBB won't have many supporters but he's the most capable. Whether he'll have Nigeria's interest at heart remains to be seen so why take the chance? Jonathan then seems the next best option. Dele is just a punk. As is Okotie. Pat is refined, I think, but it takes a lot of guile to rule this here country. He doesn't seem to have plenty of that.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by ladej(m): 12:33am On Jul 09, 2010
Tru Mantra:

My preferred candidate would be Donald Duke. I witnessed the transformation of Cross River state during his tenure. For me, the next president should be an individual that has demonstrated his proficiency at the national or state levels.

Here are my opinions about the names on the list;

Pat Utomi: His experience in the corporate world via Volkswagen Nigeria, while useful, does not demonstrate adequate administrative ability as the organization failed while he was at the helm. Still, his credibility is unquestionable and having him as president would guaranty a change in direction for Nigeria.

Dele Momodu: Unlike several other people, I do not hold running Ovation against him. Rather, it demonstrates his ability to identify and make use of opportunities even in challenging situations. This is a trait that the next Nigerian president cannot do without. Still, his sub-par articles for Thisday as well as his annoying name dropping do not endear me to him. I cannot honestly say that he strikes me as having the character and vision required to be our commander-in-chief.

Chris Okotie: Many have castigated him simply for being a pastor. This is simply wrong. The fact that he is a man of the cloth (kinda) does not mean that his aspirations need remail in that area only. He has been an outspoken critic of bad governance for several years and has been actively involved in community service via his church, The Household of God. To his credit, he is eloquent and adept at communicating ideas. This is an invaluable ability in a country like Nigeria where IBB has been described as a charismatic leader. I would love to hear Okotie address the UN as president of Nigeria and I am sure that many on this forum would as well, even if only to experience the grammatical onslaught that he would unleash.
Still, it must be said that his administrative abilities have not been proven on a national or even state level. HIs church does not have branches as far as I know and it is likely that as president he will be unable to hit the ground running. His party will also face the challenges that every "regional" part does and this is a minus.

IBB: Anyone who votes for IBB is either suffering from Amnesia, has been bribed or is guilty of gross and unforgivable ignorance.

Goodluck Honathan: His actions since becoming president have sometimes appeared to be impulsive and improperly informed. In addition, he is a part of the PDP. By default, I will not vote for anyone that flies the PDP flag. Still, he has displayed the admirable quality of being a good listener. Nigerian leaders are known for turning a deaf ear to their followers or not having ears at all. I would prefer that he ensures that INEC conducts a credible election ad thus leaves his footprints in the sands of Nigeria's time. One year in office is enough for this perhaps well meaning but unelected president and his party. The PDP has to go!

In all, I would like to see a series of debates where these candidates would face off against each other. A scenario where different experts constitute a panel that poses relevant questions would be ideal. What plans do they have for diversifying Nigeria's economy and moving away from a crude oil centered economic policy? How do they plan to tackle the infrastructure challenges that their predecessors have failed to deal with? What is their position on the Constitution and making the necessary amendments? Can they outline their plans for building or repairing the Nigerian identity at home and abroad? And finally, how do they intend to solve the problem of the absence of a national identification scheme that allows for up to date information on the citizens and resident of Nigeria?

People, I hope that our election year will bring great surprises!
excellente ! grin
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by msb247(m): 12:54am On Jul 09, 2010
NONE OF THE ABOVE, I MEAN: NO OPTION!
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by 9jafreak: 9:30am On Jul 09, 2010
[size=16pt]The ONLY THREE people I''ll support are: Donald Duke, Pat Utomi & Chris Okotie in that order.

Duke being the only one tested. All other folks are OLD WINE.

It's becoming clearer President Goodluck will most likely WIN [He will NOT reform our democractic structure because that would clearly play into the hands of the ANTI-INCUMBENT wave flowing through the Nation]

PDP must go!

Please DO NOT SELL YOUR VOTES!
[/size] not even to SENTIMENTS!
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by emiemi(f): 9:45am On Jul 09, 2010
Momodu for president shocked shocked It must be a joke
Pastor Okotie doesn't appeal to a large number of people
Utomi seem to be the only credible (to a large extent) one on that list. He has the interest and the capability to do the job.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by otondo55: 10:31am On Jul 09, 2010
Big JOE ,

GEJ for the job, come 2011 !

He is the man !
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by mustafar1: 11:11am On Jul 09, 2010
i dont know dele momodu and i dont have anything against him. but if he wants to contest and win an election, those whom you put on ur team do count. those you accept their endorsement and do foto ups with matter. this picture on this thread reveals something, dude in the middle of the picture is on the momodu team and was the same dude on the IBB2007 team. i guess dude is just an opportunist who dances to the current drummer and doesnt mind whom the drummer is.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by Jarus(m): 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2010
Do Iya Basira alakara in Ibadan or Mama Nneka the palmwine seller in Onitsha or Adamu maisuya in kano know pat Utomi?
And these are the majority in Nigeria.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by ohisng(m): 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2010
Are u kidding? NONE OF THEM!! Chris Okotie na comic figure; a clown. Dele Momodu na hypocrite and ass kisser of the people who loot this country blind!
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by darne(m): 3:01pm On Jul 09, 2010
hmm IBB for life,, i`m sure hes come back to make a change, seriously for my northern peoples b`cos hes has figured out the thing now is ( Do 4 ur region) cos he didnt do anything for northerners back then so i`ll surelly vote him, BAD LUCK JONATHAN, nah lie lie my vote will never go for that dude,, i`d prefer buhari or pat Utomi instead !! Oga dele momodu, nigerian musicians/actors/nollywood are soo ready to chop ur money !! hahaha Naija 4 lyfe !!
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by sandee575(f): 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2010
Neither nor
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by VPersie: 3:41am On Jul 10, 2010
Dele Momodu may be an underdog right now but time will tell. My first pick is GJ, because the power of incumbent is huge. After that is Dele Momodu. He is more appealing to every corner of Nigeria than Pat Utomi. First of all, he's from Edo, second of all he's more of Yoruba [I guarantee him 60% of Yoruba votes, he's both Christian and Muslim (he will appeal to atleast 40% of the Northerners and then the least group that will never vote for him still has 10% of theirs to vote for him because of their son [Basket-mouth]. Utomi will never win presidency in Nigeria, he will only have huge votes nowhere more than Iboland. The South-south people know that the camaraderie between them and Ibos is just an affected interplay between any prey and predator out there. It’s amazing that despite the malicious moves by some faceless people to portray heroic stunts of Dele Momodu as villain (airoju and airaye ko ni je ki gbogbo won se gbaun gbaun kiri jigba – nitori Dele, se emu pe opon ti sun ni?), he has never been alleged for any malfeasance or venal malpractices order than using his God-given adroit and cumbersome prolific instincts. Dele’s case wasn’t like those opportunists out-there, he became success; virtually by dints of much hardworking. For those out-there pointing fingers and dubbed Dele as "Idolizing Pen-Robbers," why can’t you blame FORBES MAGAZINE too? It lists Columbian, Mexican drug-barons and other people with questionable acts on its 2010 world billionaires’ pyramid. I am still thinking who will get my vote comes 2011, my heart tickling with GJ’s ineptitude and that requires one’s to question the authenticity of his Ph.D – but guess what it’s in Zoology though, he supposed to be in Yankari Game Reserve talking care of our endanger wild animals [it’s only in Nigeria goats kill Lions]. I want to give him the benefit of doubt till December this year.

Does this make any sense? It is always sad when people try hard to misuse the English Language in this manner.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by VPersie: 3:42am On Jul 10, 2010
I still do not get why Nigerians deceive themselves that there is any semblance of practiced democracy in Nigeria. Is it that the failure of our country has so hunted us that we are prepared to cling to fantasies of credible elections so we do not lose our sanity. Lets be clear: Almost no election is free or fair in Nigeria. Election in Nigeria is not a matter of party ideology or candidate capability, its a matter of which party is more able to rig than the other and which judge decides your case at the electoral tribunal. Politicians, especially those in PDP, do not necessarily need your vote to come to power. If they did, they will take the governance of this country more seriously.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 10, 2010
Anyone wanting to WIN presidency should bring me $25 million USD and I start campaigning immediately. I dont wanna waste time. I need some cash to start the campaign machinery.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by olalkn(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2010
Dele Momodu, what a joke of the century
Chis Okotie That man is not serious
I rather see Governor Fashola as the president and Donald Duke as the Vice President
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by baslone: 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2010
isonlagba:

I won't be shocked if we wake up tomorrow and we hear that Baba Suwe, Pasuma, Obesere, Saheed Osupa, Tuface, Usuofia or Aki and Pawpaw or Jim Iyke have all declared [/b]their[b] intention to run for presidency in 2011!

Only God Almighty can save this Sodom and Gomorrah called Nigeria.

Me I go vote for am o!!!
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by darne(m): 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2010
IBB IBB IBB IBB IBB IBB IBB IBB IBB IBB IBB IBB 2011 !!!!! Lets go there, haha i beleive he is so ready to make a change,, that dude is soo much great for nigeria even tho they claimed he did bad things,, i`ll surelly like to Vote him !! IBB Ibb IBB Ibb !!! call me oh i`m ready to do campaign for you,, any of his rep shld call me 08021334756 haha grin grin wink
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by Im3ld4h: 10:21am On Jul 12, 2010
I will not vote for anyone of them oh!!!!!!!!! who had d nerve 2 put up Dele Momodu? shocked shocked Dyu know where he got d money 2 run ovation? If we want corruption 2 end, lets please not put Dele as an option abeg!!!!!!
We want a clean slate, we NEED one!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by darne(m): 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2010
Dele Momodu,, Ade bendel,, all those scammers,, i`m sure they are all related,, I dont know why i dont like that man,, I`d prefer Godluck jonathan than the man !!
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by violent(m): 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2010
and why exactly are people castigating Okotie?. . . it will be stúpid to think it's because the dude is a Pastor.

@Tru Mantra: a really sensible post you've got sir!\

@Post: If Becomerich is not on the list, then my dream of moving Yorubas and Edos to bayelsa will never be met, and therefore, i'd keep my vote to myself
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by chealbaby: 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2010
in a sane country ,everyone mentioned has a chance cos they are all vibrant and young to rule our nation Nigeria, but with what we have today in Nigerian a lot of home work has to be done cos the PDP people are still around the corner.
we do not need to be calling these people names, for putting up their intrest to Rule this country, we all had better sit tight , protect our votes and pray to God for a new Nigerian.lets all critcize rightly.

as for me i would not mind a Kris Okotie , he got what it takes to rule , not minding the pastor stuff.
@mike that was a good analysis, non bias as you really hit the nail on the head.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by Goldenmeda(m): 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2010
shocked cheesy smiley smiley MOMODOU
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by obowunmi(m): 2:22pm On Nov 21, 2010
I know two of the guyz in that picture and they are yahooze boyz ---- Momodu accept of sympathy for using crooks in your campaign --- says a lot about you. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by amingafar(m): 3:20pm On Nov 21, 2010
obowunmi:

I know two of the guyz in that picture and they are yahooze boyz ---- Momodu accept of sympathy for using crooks in your campaign --- says a lot about you. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

name them I know some in the pic aswell

@post all are unlectable by northern standards and must sit down

dele momodu is muslim name so who knows but he will not cut it in the north too western for my liking

RIBADU 2011
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by obowunmi(m): 3:25pm On Nov 21, 2010
Omi --- lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by amingafar(m): 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2010
obowunmi:

Omi --- lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

lol shhhh who told you dat
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by obowunmi(m): 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2010
Told ke? Dude's stolen from me and my boys and a couple of babes I know. Goes to club and leave others with the bill. Anyways ----- when karma strikes, it shall be brutal.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by striker07(m): 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2010
Non of the above but i think GEJ will likely win, but i would prefer a candidate like nuhu ribadu for presidency
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by tpia5: 6:17pm On Jun 15, 2011
obowunmi:

I know two of the guyz in that picture and they are yahooze boyz ---- Momodu accept of sympathy for using crooks in your campaign --- says a lot about you.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

and your knowing at least two yahoozey boys from one picture says nothing about you?
Re: 2011 Presidency: Momodou Or Okotie? by obowunmi(m): 6:20pm On Jun 15, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Extradites Nigerian To Us For N125.3m Fraud / What Is Percentage Of Crude Oil Production In SE..?? / See The EVIL Someone Posted About President Buhari(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.