Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,357 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Trinity. . .the Cross Road Between Politics And Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity. . .the Cross Road Between Politics And Religion (554 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trinity. . .the Cross Road Between Politics And Religion by NegroNtns(m): 9:15pm On Jul 05, 2010
The Torah, The Talmud, The Quran and The Hadith all proclaim the Oneness of God. It is only The Bible that says God is a trine - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

It is good to point out that what we call Bible today should more appropriately be referred to as The Gospel. The transformation from Gospel to Bible occurred with the evolution and expansion of the different political regimes in Europe.

In its origin, The Gospel was written in semitic tongue. The Romans, were exporting their culture, arts and languages (Greek and Latin) and with that The Gospel was taken from its Semitic origin and translated into Latin and Greek.

As the different provinces of The Empire became autonomous, The Gospel was again transformed and exported in a new tongue across the Globe.

Both Torah and Quran has remained in their original tongues. . . but not The Gospel.

The Torah spoke of the coming of Jesus. The Quran spoke of his birth, his miracles and asserts that he will come back for the rapture. Neither accepts that he is God and both resoundingly bear testimony to the Oneness of God, with no associations whatsoever.

Can anyone explain where in The Gospel (Semitic version) is the TRINITY of GOD written?
Re: Trinity. . .the Cross Road Between Politics And Religion by nopuqeater: 11:44pm On Jul 05, 2010
The Quran spoke of his birth, his miracles and asserts that he will come back for the rapture[/quote[the rapture part has no basis in the Quran or Hadith.
Re: Trinity. . .the Cross Road Between Politics And Religion by NegroNtns(m): 12:49am On Jul 08, 2010
There are many verses in different chapters of The Quran where mankind is admonished about the Day of Reckoning. The narrative in The Quran warns of the day when the trumpet shall be sounded. . . and the skies shall be ordered to reveal its truth. . .and the earth shall bear witness. . . .and the sun and moon shall fold up. . .
Re: Trinity. . .the Cross Road Between Politics And Religion by nopuqeater: 5:41am On Jul 08, 2010
I hope the above does not mean "Rapture" for you? What rapture means for Christian is that some will not die at all, as they will be raptured away from death, along with others who are also raptured.

In everywhere in the Quran, it is very clear that before the day of Judgement, every soul shall taste death. This means everyone will die first. Everyone created, including the Angels and those among men that have not died yet, one of the reasons Jesus son of mary will come on earth to taste the death he has not tasted on this our earth. After everyone dies, including Satan, all jinns, all humans, all angels, etc, Allah will ask Himself who remains alive? He will answer Himself that Only Him, which explain the verse in Surah Rahman of the Quran where Allah says every face shall perish except the Face of Allah.

Again, there is no rapture in Quran. And no muslim believes such a notion. It is opposing Quran. And after everything has passed away, it will take sometime before Allah begin recreations of all things in order to judge Mankind; man and jinn the creations that are given "freedom to choose, as they have conscience", unlike others who are programmed to be instinctive.

Man is very unique of the creations that we see. Our uniqueness even make us different in our appetite and reactions to sex. Only humans sleep with their "mates" for other reasons than procreations and outside the period of ovulation when pregnancy can occur. All others are programmed for sex during ovulation and for procreations and no other reason.
Re: Trinity. . .the Cross Road Between Politics And Religion by james1(m): 7:26am On Jul 08, 2010
@poster.the father,the son and the holy spirit concept was not originally in the gospel.they came about at the council of nicae and perpetrated by the roman catholic church,same applies to hell fire.
Jesus never claimed to be God,he said:I am from my father who sent me,that answers many questions.
Many intelligent minds have"looked hard"at all religions and"reached"a very solid understanding.may Jehovah help us.
Re: Trinity. . .the Cross Road Between Politics And Religion by nopuqeater: 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2010
@James1: what is the above? There is Hell fire. A place where disbelievers and disobedients will be punished. Jehovah? What is that? Am a muslim.
Re: Trinity. . .the Cross Road Between Politics And Religion by NegroNtns(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2010
nopuq,

Rapture according to christianity, is where a sect of christians. . . only those who are born again. . .are spared death and are taken in an ascent with Jesus on the last day. I care to remind you that "Born again" is an evangelical brand, and not universally accepted by orthodox Christians.

. . .but does not the evangelical faith pardon all atrocities of mankind if only he would, moments before his last breath, accept Jesus as his saviour?

So now we have a man who lived a life of sin only to repent in the throngs of death join in with those who have sacrificed their desires and detached from their needs in the good cause of faith to God as they both ascend with Jesus.

What a manifest error!! You ever wondered why Christianity is the only one of the monotheistic religions that advocate turning the other cheek for more assault from your attacker? Well, I guess I can go about assaulting other people expecting they would be faithful sufficiently to turn the other cheek. . . and then when Im on my sick bed I can ask for my baptism and become "born again". That way I inherit the earth and then go inherit heaven too.

Anyway, this is all beside the point. . . .let's focus on the question of trinity. Anything you can add?
Re: Trinity. . .the Cross Road Between Politics And Religion by james1(m): 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2010
@nopuqeater.I can't say I understand what you want to read,but real christians don't do the ostrich style;we subject everything to scrutiny;hence we put anything in christianity to debate.to verify its authenticity.
We want to separate religion from politics.

(1) (Reply)

Without Him, You Are Useless! / Gods Name / Don't Be Deceived !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.