Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Kirk Franklin Forgives Dying Father Who Gave Him Up For Adoption - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kirk Franklin Forgives Dying Father Who Gave Him Up For Adoption (263 Views)

Apostle Chinyere Forgives Happie Boys, Restores Their Scholarship Programs / Prophet Odumeje Finally Forgives Ada Jesus, Gifts Her N1 Million (Video) / The Experience Lagos 2018: Don Moen, Kirk Franklin, Others Set To Visit Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kirk Franklin Forgives Dying Father Who Gave Him Up For Adoption by oluwaseunblog(m): 11:17am On Sep 20, 2018
Kirk Franklin recently took to his Instagram page to relay a personal story of how he finally forgave his father after being abandoned by him. According to him, this father alongside his biological mother gave him up for adoption when he was a child, and for this, he has not brought himself to forgiving them.

In Kirk’s Instagram post he wrote,

“So…..Two days ago, I received an anonymous call that my biological father, who I never knew, has 3–6 months to live. I’ve lived my entire life hating this man. He and my biological mother gave me up for adoption, and it left me never feeling good enough….to this very day. I took my hate for him and used it as fuel to be the best father I could be for my own.”

The 48-year-old musician goes on to say that his faith helped him fly out to Houston to forgive his father in person.

http://oblogng.com/kirk-franklin-forgives-dying-father-who-gave-him-up-for-adoption/

(1) (Reply)

The Pleasures And Profits Of Bible Study / A Minute With God / Human Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.