Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,648 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay (1454 Views)

How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? / Rats In The Engine Bay / 11 Best And Top Rated Engine Bay Cleaning Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay by laluski(m): 11:54am On Sep 20, 2018
Please I need urgent solution to rats entering my car!
They've cut a wire that's really pissing me off as I type.
Any solution will be appreciated please
I heard about using charcoal,camphor,etc
Tnx
Re: Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay by laluski(m): 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2018
Any solution is highly welcome
Re: Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay by lilkech(m): 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2018
obviously these rats live in or around your environment. I hope they have not put up permanent accommodation in your engine bay sha

First you need to be parking your car in a properly fenced and gated place. After which you would have to take care of your immediate environment by cutting all bushes, fumigating the Compound then getting rid of all stacked up garbage and clusters of unused properties lying around the place.

If you don’t park in a closed space then all the above might not be effective, you will then need to get the proper engine covers and guards which can be put below your engine to stop the rats getting in and also remember to put in some rat poison or repellent stuffs in your engine proper.

If you keep allowing rats decorate your engine bay then one day Mr. Snake will come visiting too ... and nobody likes Mr. Snake that much not just the rats grin
Re: Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay by Kashif(m): 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2018
Get WD40 and spray on your cables. You will need to refresh periodically.

While looking for it, buy original Irish Spring soap and leave in your engine bay. I heard it can keep rodents away.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay by laluski(m): 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2018
Thanks
Please where can I purchase the wd40
Re: Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay by weyreypey: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
laluski:
Thanks
There's this powder poison which is mixed with vegetable oil... and bread.... Bros you are going to need this combo to launch an attack on the rat colony.... Not only in your engine bay but in your environment... Thank me later..... In my own case I waged the war against the colony over a 50 metre radius... and won the war with the first battle

Caution. Apply the combo only at night and clean it up very early in the morning.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay by Kashif(m): 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2018
weyreypey:

There's this powder poison which is mixed with vegetable oil... and bread.... Bros you are going to need this combo to launch an attack on the rat colony.... Not only in your engine bay but in your environment... Thank me later..... In my own case I waged the war against the colony over a 50 metre radius

He is looking at stopping them from tampering with his wires. The poison you suggested will attract them. They will chew, and then go and die. Remember they are inexhaustible outdoors.

He needs something to keep them away.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay by weyreypey: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2018
Kashif:

He is looking at stopping them from tampering with his wires. The poison you suggested will attract them. They will chew, and then go and die. Remember they are inexhaustible outdoors.

He needs something to keep them away.
Not at all bro they'll only chew the poisonous bread. The strategy of spreading the fight over a distance is to break the pattern of the offending rat colony. Not really wiping them out. Rats are creatures of habit. Once the offending colony is dealt with and a sizeable chunk of the community is eradicated...be assured his car will remain safe for years to come. #experience

He needs to keep his car off limits to rats
Re: Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay by Kashif(m): 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2018
weyreypey:

Not at all bro they'll only chew the poisonous bread. The strategy of spreading the fight over a distance is to break the pattern of the offending rat colony. Not really wiping them out. Rats are creatures of habit. Once the offending colony is dealt with and a sizeable chunk of the community is eradicated...be assured his car will remain safe for years to come.

You are lucky rats in your area are organised in colonies. In my area, they got no chill, and unrelenting. Those are big enough for one to even run away with agege bread!

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay by Kashif(m): 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2018
laluski:
Thanks

Lubricant shop.
Re: Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay by weyreypey: 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
Kashif:

You are lucky rats in your area are organised in colonies. In my area, they got no chill, and unrelenting. Those are big enough for one to even run away with agege bread!
It will be a pleasure to wipe them out by introducing free range cats....like twenty cats... In combination with the earlier strategy
Re: Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay by LAGATA(m): 1:28pm On Sep 22, 2018
Sorry bro. Those rat could be annoying and so frustrating especially when you open your bonnet and see their poo on the engine bay.
I was also battling with the rat wahala everyday but someone advised I get 'camphor'.
Hmmm! I bought like 10packets and decorated my engine bay with it.
Trust me, since then I haven't even seen anything like rat movement around.
That camphor works like magic!!!!
Re: Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay by Inception(m): 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2018
Kashif:

grin grin grin grin
That kind of rat is

Re: Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay by dannywest: 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2018
Clean your house

(1) (Reply)

Need Writers For My New Automotive Blog (cars) / How Many Error Lights Do You Have On Your Instrument Cluster (PICTURES) / What's Dos This Mean On My Dash Board (tiny Light)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.