Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation (9785 Views)

FREE CATFISH SEED For Learning Purpose / Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring / Free Catfish Farming Training For Youth And Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2019
Mkmoney:

Oga we re not talking about basics here this people cut corners and make more profit than you and I

Your are correct in your view about more profit. I don't have to cut corners to make more profit. The concern should be ,the implications of the fish products on the health of consumers. I usually send processed dried fish abroad (apart from those consumed locally), and my watch word has been quality, from the seed(fingerlings), through the entire production systems, to various catfish and related products, hence my customers come back asking for more.

My view is, concentrate on your products, giving value for money. If your production techniques are right, you will make profit.

If you are interested, we can rob minds together to proffer solutions.

When I was in Port Harcourt, we usually had influx of live catfish from the West - Ibadan. The people were selling at ridiculous prices, but some of us producing quality fishes had the last laugh. It has always been like that.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
junthy:

The pond would be 1m in depth.

Assuming 0.8m of the depth is fully utilized, stocking capacity can vary from 3,500 - 4000. However if Melange is raised in the same facility, quantity of fishes to be stocked will definitely increase.

1 Like

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by junthy: 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2019
bilag17:

Assuming 0.8m of the depth is fully utilized, stocking capacity can vary from 3,500 - 4000. However if Melange is raised in the same facility, quantity of fishes to be stocked will definitely increase.

Thank you for the information! Do you know if the same stocking density is good for tilapia on a 10m x 10m x 1m pond? We are thinking of doing both.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2019
junthy:

Thank you for the information! Do you know if the same stocking density is good for tilapia on a 10m x 10m x 1m pond? We are thinking of doing both.

Please, I don't know much about Tilapia rearing.

1 Like

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by Mrpond(m): 3:43pm On Jan 03, 2019
bilag17:
Many people venturing into Catfish farming for the first time don't have the required skills and knowledge, most especially, regarding the seed - Fingerlings, Post-fingerlings, Juveniles handling operations.
Apart from the seed handling, the issue of adequate provision of quality feed is at times neglected to the detriment of the success of the venture.
Also, knowledge of farm management techniques is of great importance for a successful catfish farming

I have decided to encourage, and guide / mentor 5 beginners from this forum - Nairaland, with FREE 50 Post-fingerlings / Juveniles of high quality for their learning process in the last quarter of 2018, through quality seed recognition and handling, feeds (feeding) and farm management techniques.

However, in view of logistics, this learning mobilization / offer shall be restricted to those in Ogba (Ifako, Ijaiye LGA, Lagos State) ; 'Lambe ('Lambe is between Akute and Agbado in Lagos/Ogun state) areas and environs.

If interested, please contact : -
0802-334-0270 WhatsApp/ call for details.

If you are a beginner in catfish growing, feeding or Hactering......I can freely put you through...new babe only.. New year jack pot grin ko
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by exco90(m): 3:51pm On Jan 03, 2019
Mkmoney:

Oga we re not talking about basics here this people cut corners and make more profit than you and I

thanks my brother.. this guys don't follow any principle and basic.. they cut corners.. they make money better than we that follow principle and basics.. they harvest fish in less than 3 months.. they are affecting our market here.. I will try to make videos of their fishes.. they are very big.. and very cheap.. I don't know how to convince this iya eleja that there fish is unhygienic.. have lost customers to this people.. what principle will I follow that will help me to sell a kilo of fish for less than 600 and still make my money and still compete with this people..

I won't stop my search for the secret of their corner cutting.. you people should understand me.. we have the money to feed this fishes.. but we can't compete with the sales anymore.. there are people selling at lower price almost half the amount we sell our fish.. they are killing biz for us here..

please who else is joining me in the search of there corner cutting.. I am afraid to tell you all that I will be joining them.. I wants to know their mode of operations.. the chemicals they use.. am not here for any long principle..

we are not ready to close down for anybody.. am not complaining cos I don't know how to rear fish.. am complaining about the recent dimension farmers have taken.. things are not plain anymore.. we've been doing well before this recent development..

please whoever it is that knows what's happening should enlighten us. I know am not the only one this thing is affecting..

1 Like

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by Mkmoney(m): 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2019
exco90:

thanks my brother.. this guys don't follow any principle and basic.. they cut corners.. they make money better than we that follow principle and basics.. they harvest fish in less than 3 months.. they are affecting our market here.. I will try to make videos of their fishes.. they are very big.. and very cheap.. I don't know how to convince this iya eleja that there fish is unhygienic.. have lost customers to this people.. what principle will I follow that will help me to sell a kilo of fish for less than 600 and still make my money and still compete with this people..

I won't stop my search for the secret of their corner cutting.. you people should understand me.. we have the money to feed this fishes.. but we can't compete with the sales anymore.. there are people selling at lower price almost half the amount we sell our fish.. they are killing biz for us here..

please who else is joining me in the search of there corner cutting.. I am afraid to tell you all that I will be joining them.. I wants to know their mode of operations.. the chemicals they use.. am not here for any long principle..

we are not ready to close down for anybody.. am not complaining cos I don't know how to rear fish.. am complaining about the recent dimension farmers have taken.. things are not plain anymore.. we've been doing well before this recent development..

please whoever it is that knows what's happening should enlighten us. I know am not the only one this thing is affecting..
If you can parley with the sellers I think it would help
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by junthy: 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2019
bilag17:

Please, I don't know much about Tilapia rearing.

Still, many thanks!
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by exco90(m): 4:10pm On Jan 03, 2019
Mkmoney:

If you can parley with the sellers I think it would help

that's my next move.. already gave a call to a friend that studied fisheries and aquaculture management. and ones manage a big farm.. told me he new some of this chemicals.. but trying to preach to about the side effect.. not sure he wants to reveal it to me or probably he doesn't know it at all.. maybe he is filled with all this classroom theories...

my plan is to pally with this iya eleja people.. they should link me with those selling to them.. probably something good night come out..

and again.. whoever it is that has knowledge on what's is going on.. should please share it with us here..

thanks
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by Mkmoney(m): 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
exco90:

that's my next move.. already gave a call to a friend that studied fisheries and aquaculture management. and ones manage a big farm.. told me he new some of this chemicals.. but trying to preach to about the side effect.. not sure he wants to reveal it to me or probably he doesn't know it at all.. maybe he is filled with all this classroom theories...

my plan is to pally with this iya eleja people.. they should link me with those selling to them.. probably something good night come out..

and again.. whoever it is that has knowledge on what's is going on.. should please share it with us here..

thanks
Yes oo pls share this is 2019 money must be made
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2019
Mkmoney:

Yes oo pls share this is 2019 money must be made

@ MKmoney, exco90, if you're around Lagos, I can come up with production technique / feeding strategy with Tested Local Pelletized Feeds, which you can use in a dedicated pond, to observe and report your findings.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 12:48am On Jan 04, 2019
Free Training Schedule for 2019

Free Training For Youth and Women
Batch 19Q1 (January-March) CLOSED.
Batch 19Q4 (October -December) 5 Participants

Free Training For Others (General)
Batch 19Q2 (April -June) 5 Participants

Free Training For Family (Food Support)
Batch 19Q3 (July-September) 5 Participants

Please note that participants will be given 50 Free Juveniles or Jumbo (Specials) catfish, while feeds to be used during the training period shall be at the participants expense, which is minimal, thus being the essence of the training. Raising table size catfish with minimal feed cost.

For further details and participation, contact 0802-334-0270 whatsapp /call.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by exco90(m): 10:01am On Jan 04, 2019
bilag17:

@ MKmoney, exco90, if you're around Lagos, I can come up with production technique / feeding strategy with Tested Local Pelletized Feeds, which you can use in a dedicated pond, to observe and report your findings.

I'm not in Lagos.. I'm in ondo state.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by Mkmoney(m): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2019
bilag17:

Am in lag
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2019
Mkmoney:

Am in lag

Where's your location in Lagos? Do you have new batch of fishes you're rearing at the moment? If yes, what stage are they now?
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2019
2019 Free Catfish Farming Training Details

Since inception in 2018, this free training mobilisation has been a quarterly program, now in the 5th batch.
The schedule for 2019, is to give everyone the opportunity to participate - the young, the old, and even females, hence programmed as follows.

1.Batch 19Q1-5(January-March) CLOSED.
Two batches are for Youth and Women development, and empowerment. The first one, B19Q1-5 is already closed for participation, as participants are to be mobilized by the end of January 2019. The second batch is slated for the last quarter of 2019.

https://www.nairaland.com/4923931/free-catfish-farming-training-youth

2. Free Training For Others (General).
Batch 19Q2-6(April -June) 5 Participants.
Any interested person can participate, irrespective of genda or age.
Open for free registration.

3. Free Training For Family (Food Support).
Batch 19Q3-7(July-September) 5 Participants
This is unique, as it is supposed to be a sort of Family Food Support for the home, for December 2019 festivities, into 2020.
Participants are to be mobilized not later than August 2019, so that selective harvesting could commence by early December 2019.

4.Youth and Women Second Batch.
Batch 19Q4-8(October -December) 5 Participants

Please note that participants will be given 50 Free Juveniles or Jumbo (Specials) catfish, while feeds to be used during the training period shall be at the participants expense, which is minimal, thus being the essence of the training. Raising table size catfish with minimal feed cost.

The production cycle of a batch, from stocking to first harvest is 120 days (if rearing guidelines are followed), which is profiled to be selective, or harvest modality based.

For further details and participation, contact 0802-334-0270 whatsapp /call.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 8:29pm On Jan 13, 2019
Processed Catfish From Batch 18Q3 Participants
Dried catfish from the harvest of B18Q3 participants.

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 2:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
Batch 19Q1 Fishes and Feeds Mobilisation / Delivery

Participants for the first batch of the 2019 Free Catfish Farming Training, and those who paid for Jumbo/ Special fishes and feed, are to collect them at Ogba, Ijaiye in Ifako Local Government Area of Lagos, on Saturday 2nd of February 2019, by 9.00am.

The fishes are ready for collection at the moment, but adding value for delivery on 2/2/19. Participants have been notified accordingly.
Contact 0802-334-0270 whatsapp /call for further information.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by imercyclara: 11:44am On Jan 26, 2019
Make feed today at the convenience of your farm with free poultry or fish feed recipes attached to our machines.

Contact Manufactured Products Distributors Nig Ltd
08119138988, 08130769159

1 Like

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by imercyclara: 11:46am On Jan 26, 2019
imercyclara:
Make feed today at the convenience of your farm with free poultry or fish feed recipes attached to our machines.

Contact Manufactured Products Distributors Nig Ltd
08119138988, 08130769159

Not just any feed, floating fish feed that can compete with the foreign feeds.

1 Like

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 1:26pm On Jan 28, 2019
Batch 19Q1 Fishes Ready For Delivery
Delivery as scheduled comes up on Saturday 2nd February 2019, at Ogba Ijaiye, Ifako Local Government Area of Lagos State by 9am, prompt.

Participants are to start pre-stocking activities, test running their facilities. If not clear about the activities, contact : 0802-334-0270 whatsapp/call.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2019
BATCH 19Q1 UPDATE
Mobilisation and delivery of Jumbo / Special catfish seed and feeds for participants was successfully executed on Saturday 2nd of February 2019, as scheduled.
Two of the old participants also joined in continuous production, this being their third production cycle.

In the coming days, I'll share with all, the uniqueness of this method of training, and the resultant impact on participants.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by blackbae: 11:40am On Feb 14, 2019
Good day Mr Bilag...... No help for newbie in Abuja?
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 12:19pm On Feb 14, 2019
blackbae:
Good day Mr Bilag...... No help for newbie in Abuja?
Help is always available. If interested farmers from Cameroon get startup advice, then interested people in Abuja should also get.
Which aspect of Catfish Production is of interest to you?
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by blackbae: 10:54pm On Feb 14, 2019
Fingerlings to grow out
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by Osinachiadinma: 11:28pm On Feb 14, 2019
My man Bilag17 include me for your program abeg make I follow others happy now. I still dey wait abeg.
bilag17:
BATCH 19Q1 UPDATE
Mobilisation and delivery of Jumbo / Special catfish seed and feeds for participants was successfully executed on Saturday 2nd of February 2019, as scheduled.
Two of the old participants also joined in continuous production, this being their third production cycle.

In the coming days, I'll share with all, the uniqueness of this method of training, and the resultant impact on participants.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 10:23am On Feb 15, 2019
Osinachiadinma:
My man Bilag17 include me for your program abeg make I follow others happy now. I still dey wait abeg.
Noted
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 10:25am On Feb 15, 2019
Osinachiadinma:
Since you're based in Enugu, I'll look at the possibility of including you in the April - June Batch. You had earlier indicated you need 250 of the Jumbo / Special Catfish. Please contact me on 0802-334-0270 whatsapp /call, for modalities to achieve this.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 10:44am On Feb 16, 2019
blackbae:
Fingerlings to grow out
I always advice that potential farmers learn the rearing / culturing of Catfish, before venturing into other aspects like hatching.

Download this useful manual for catfish farming.

Catfish Farmer's Handbook
http://aqua.ucdavis.edu/DatabaseRoot/pdf/1549MIS.PDF

However, if you have any issue of concern on Catfish Production Cycle, contact me on 0802-334-0270 whatsapp / call.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by blackbae: 10:06pm On Feb 19, 2019
Thanks Mr Bilag
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by Drebanks: 2:55pm On Feb 20, 2019
I will like to join
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
Drebanks:
I will like to join
This thread is for catfish rearing, since your interest is in hatching, visit :-
https://www.nairaland.com/4742640/catfish-broodstock-depot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Agriculture: Isi-Uzo Can Feed Enugubl State, Create Jobs - Sani Friday Nnaji / POULTRY FARMERS IN ABUJA NEEDED TO WORK WITH / EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.