Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,338 members, 7,954,388 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:57 PM

Update On The #ashura1440 Processions In Nigeria: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update On The #ashura1440 Processions In Nigeria: (236 Views)

NNPCL Gives Update On Dangote Refinery Petrol Price, Purchase / Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions / Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Update On The #ashura1440 Processions In Nigeria: by Elbinawi: 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2018
Update On the #Ashura1440 Processions in Nigeria:

Alhamdulillah! The massive Ashura processions in all the major cities of Northern Nigeria was highly successful and generally it was peaceful with no life lost.

In Zaria the police attacked peaceful mourners after the completion of the procession. A husband and wife sustained injuries. They are under medical treatment. In Abuja security forces placed barricades to checkmate the procession but failed to stop the procession. They arrested some members of the Islamic Movement but I was informed most of them have been released.

In Bauchi, the Sunni communities that the Ashura procession passed offered condolences to the Messenger of God (sa) for the Martyrdom of his beloved Grandson. This is a clear manifestation of Muslim unity.

Hopefully, Next year Ashura procession will take place in Southern Nigeria as we will join my beloved brother and Friend, Brother Muftau Zakariyya, in Ibadan or Lagos for the Ashura procession. In 2016 my friend, Dr Isa Waziri, and I visited Lagos and on our way back stopped at Ibadan and picked brother Muftau to Abuja. At Abuja we visited and condoled brother Abubakar Zaki whose 3 daughters, a grand daughter and son-in-law were brutally slaughtered during #ZariaGenocide. We then attended the International Quds conference and then that fatal accident.

I suggest to the Media Team of the Islamic Movement to create a full Documentary that will show video clips of all the Ashura procession in various towns and cities. This is important for record purposes.

We thank all Nigerians who show patient and understanding during the Ashura protest. We also thank all brothers and sisters from around the world who have been bombarding me with calls and messages for updates. God bless you All!

#FreeZakzaky
#LabbaikaYaHussain
#LikeKarbalaLikeZaria
#NeverToHumiliation

#ElbinawiTweets

Re: Update On The #ashura1440 Processions In Nigeria: by TheOdd1sOut: 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2018
thank God for his favour and grace.
thank God it went peacefully

(1) (Reply)

Friday Reflection: Advice To African Sunni Muslims / Governor Oyo State, Ajimobi Joins Race For Senate / No Peace Unless Nigeria Divides Into 6 Zones – MASSOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.