Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface (41795 Views)

Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) / Condoms, Guns, Cigarettes From German Submarine Sank During WWII (Pics) / Two Men cling To A Moving Car In Order To Settle An Issue in Lagos (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by Mizwisdom(f): 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2018
We don't have snow so what' has this got to do with us?
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:40pm On Sep 21, 2018
help me ask them o we no get snow to lunch our own and last last if you check the brain behind the invention na still black so what the oyinbo get brain pass all about

1 Like

Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by wildkat: 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2018
Bibors:

Cannot be trusted with Nuclear power by who?
Who has the parameter or yardstick of measuring maturity?
How can you call North Korea a Juvenile? A whole country?
Even if you are referring to her president, is he the youngest of presidents?

If Nigeria develops Nuclear weapons today, will you caller her Juvenile considering the age of our president?

I'm not talking of the age of the president. And I being a whole country has nothing to do with being a nuclear power. Not every nation is mature enough to be a nuclear power, which also has nothing to do with the age of the country. It's just like giving a mad man an AK-47 rifle. I believe u know what the result would be. The same thing as when u give Iran or Iraq nuclear bombs. Imagine the consequence. A nuclear weapon in the hands of a rogue nation is a big risk and North Korea is one
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by Bibors(m): 11:30pm On Sep 21, 2018
wildkat:

I'm not talking of the age of the president. And I being a whole country has nothing to do with being a nuclear power. Not every nation is mature enough to be a nuclear power, which also has nothing to do with the age of the country. It's just like giving a mad man an AK-47 rifle. I believe u know what the result would be. The same thing as when u give Iran or Iraq nuclear bombs. Imagine the consequence. A nuclear weapon in the hands of a rogue nation is a big risk and North Korea is one

While i understood you abinitio, I still beg to differ that such a weapon shouldnt be in the hands of any country, the US inclusive.
When they developed thw atomic bomb, they didnt hesitate to use it and the effects are still there.
They had to ensure that Japan will be deweaponised for fear of a reprisal attack in the future.

Also note that whoever has absolute power determines what is right and wrong, who to live or die etc.

When they accused Sadam of having weapon of mass destruction, Iraq was a relatively peaceful country. They invaded Iraq , didnt find the weapon and that invasion created a turbulent Iraq till date.
They also went ahead to do same in Lybia and the rest is history. From your argument, is the US mature enough to have nuclear weapons/power which enables them being pain to other nations for nothing?

Why havent they ended the war in Syria if they are so matured?
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by longjon: 12:15am On Sep 22, 2018
BabaIbo:

You are wrong and the user you quoted is right.
Russia do more advert than US, you can do research on country with highest military fare/game etc.
And again, you know nothing about Korean war, when the war broke out, the population of the two forces (according to documentaries on the war) are as follow, NK force was numbered around 200k + tanks including Soviet union and Chinese full support
while
on the other side, SK had about 98k, no tank, with around 200 to 300 only as support(they were not prepared at first) but that turned around with time, NK already had tanks and other sophisticated weapons while SK don't have it, but that changed when Us entered the fight. You need someone to enlighten you on the heavy bombing that was done on NK after US entered the game.
Stop saying what you don't know about Korean War.

When it comes to technology, aside from USA, there are other countries better in technology than Russia, if you doubt this fact, you can research more on it.
You need someone to enlighten you about the cold war on USSR(that led to the breaking apart of USSR), that alone is enough reason.
I can go on and on to give you enough reasons to show that US is more powerful than Russia

First of all, nowhere in my post did I mention that Russia is more powerful than US or vice versa. I deliberately avoid making such outlandish and bombastic comments because we all know that when shit hits the fan , it’s mutually assured destruction.

Secondly no where did I mention in my post anything about the tank battles that occurred during the Korean War. So I don’t know where you pulled that from. Neither was I talking about the fire bombing of Korean cities that followed. Heck I’m not even talking about the broader Korean War in general . Cos then we’ll get into another debate of whether US actually won that war

I was specifically referring to the air warfare which was a direct test of skill between the two opposing forces as a significant number of the North Korean pilots were actually Russian.
Why are you pulling up troop numbers ? Are we comparing North Korea to US ? If you knew anything about the Korean War, you’d have immediately realized why I mentioned the air battle that has been subjected to much debate by military historians . Also Russia did not openly commit/engage in the war like US did. Their pilots had to wear Korean uniforms to ensure deniability by Kremlin.

Actually you need to enlighten yourself on the number of war-games conducted by US annually. For the simply fact that they have more allies should tell you that they engage in more military exercises . The following countries conducts annual or bi-annual exercises with US either individually, collectively as a bloc or both :

Japan
Australia
New Zealand
South Korea
Taiwan
Israel
NATO (29 countries)
RIMPAC (22 Asian countries)
South American nations

Every military exercise is an opportunity to showcase weapons and superior defense maneouvres. The number of exercises USA engages in annually is more than triple that of Russia and China combined. Please list the number of Russian military exercises here since you’re sure . I need facts not claims .

Btw you made assumptions in your post about me which I’ll simply overlook.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 5:12am On Sep 22, 2018
honestivo:

Don't be surprise that was built by a black man ,stop being inferior

Come close your mouth which blackman? is it
the ones that destoryed Detriot,Chicago,Salem,Baltimore and every city in US that has majority black.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 5:12am On Sep 22, 2018
honestivo:

Don't be surprise that was built by a black man ,stop being inferior

Come on close your mouth which blackman? is it
the ones that destoryed Detriot,Chicago,Salem,Baltimore and every city in US that has majority black.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 5:28am On Sep 22, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
waste of money

How is it a waste?
Do you know the thousands of jobs that was created directly and indirectly during the construction of that submarine or the thousands of jobs created for those who work on it daily
plus contractors and vendors.

Blackman and his mediocre thinking
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 5:31am On Sep 22, 2018
Welrez:
Well, Russia may be up there, but they are not really as good as the US.

Dreamer you think acting and talking tough means strenght?
Can Russia even finance their war sustainably with there Unstable economy?
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 5:34am On Sep 22, 2018
obafemee80:

That's why many people are running into Politics cheesy

True.

Our leaders and fellowers lack the IQ to create wealth.
You can imagine Texas alone has over 24 Oil refineries all owned and started by White entreprenuers some over 100yrs ago

In US an western world people don't need to join politics inorder to be wealth they use their brain.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 5:36am On Sep 22, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Nothing special here, Ice is more vulnerable from below. Because you are breaking from the softer tissue up to the harder part which is just a few millimeter of surface linen.

does ice form in water from the surface or from below?
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 5:38am On Sep 22, 2018
petsam11:

I don't think so bro! The difference between the US and Russia is that Russia is just into unnecessary exhibitions just to prove to the US that they are strong while the US does not need to prove anything... it's like a case of Messi (as US) and Ronaldo (as Russia).
Messi has nothing to prove to the world (because he is a raw talent, excessive training or not)) before u know that he is the world best while Ronaldo has a lot to prove (even by excessive trainings and drills) so that the world "can see him" as the world best which in the depth of his mind, he knows Messi is his Boss.

So America doesn't need to prove nothing to the world because the world knows that they (US) are the Real World Power but Russia has a lot to prove to the world so as to "see her" as the world power...

I concur 1000%
i owe you beer. i agree with your two examples Messi vs Ronaldo and US vs Russia.

2 Likes

Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 5:41am On Sep 22, 2018
Krak:

Submarine is never and can never be ordinary. Especially nuclear-powered submarines.

Do you know how much it cost to build and maintain just one?

Like 25% of Nigeria's yearly budget.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 5:44am On Sep 22, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
u really believe that? Do more research and enlighten urself , Russia is no where close to USA military wise, even with the much Rissia has got their citizens are almost dieing from hunger due to bankruptcy. Only the USA has successfully spent high budgets on military and still afford to feed other nations plus guarantee their citizens A1 standard of living. ..I could go on bro, 4get USA ,no contests, they will remain on top for a long while

Abeg tell them. most of US military hardware are not made public eg the Invisible off radar jets.

1 Like

Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 5:46am On Sep 22, 2018
Johnboom:
Keep on fooling yourself. Even ordinary Israel shot down Russia aircraft.

Abeg tell this clowns.
The same Russia that US helped frim been destoryed by German and Italy in 2nd World war.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 5:48am On Sep 22, 2018
Fawklicant:

Never underestimate anybody based on their size or perceived deficiency in capabilities. US was thoroughly embarrassed in Vietnam and Japan and even somalia. Russia was thoroughly frustrated in Afghanistan. Israel was embarrassed by Palestine just a few years ago. Warfare doesn't necessarily mean you go about bombing civilians, there are rules of engagement.
Russia doesn't make noise. They don't feel the need to, but when they make threats, everybody pays attention.
Same with China who is more interested in dominating the world through a more subtle means...economy.

US issues threats Everytime and the problem with that is that at some point, someone is bound to dare you and call your bluff and when there is a semblance of balance of power, standoffs and threats turn to negotiations.

If anything history has taught us that not all wars are won on the strength of a military might. Many are won when there's singleness of purpose and tactical maneuvers.

Story.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 5:50am On Sep 22, 2018
Akoja360:
while the black man is still believing in hocus pocus bullshhit such as religion ,money ritual and witches the rest of the world is making giant leaps to into the future leaving africa in an acient dust

Stop decieving yourself it has nothing to do with religeon.
I smell an Atheists.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 5:54am On Sep 22, 2018
Fawklicant:

The same noise was made during Vietnam war, same during invasion of somalia. Same mistake Russia made in Afghanistan. With all their tech prowess and maneuvers, what happened?
Naturally, israel and Palestine no be mates, but what happened over a decade ago? We just pray that such a day never surfaces when Russia and US or China etc will have to square it off. It will be mutually assured destruction.
With all the Nukes in stock all around the world, nobody is a write off.

Did US lose any of this War's you mentioned?
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 5:56am On Sep 22, 2018
BabaIbo:

You are wrong and the user you quoted is right.
Russia do more advert than US, you can do research on country with highest military fare/game etc.
And again, you know nothing about Korean war, when the war broke out, the population of the two forces (according to documentaries on the war) are as follow, NK force was numbered around 200k + tanks including Soviet union and Chinese full support
while
on the other side, SK had about 98k, no tank, with around 200 to 300 only as support(they were not prepared at first) but that turned around with time, NK already had tanks and other sophisticated weapons while SK don't have it, but that changed when Us entered the fight. You need someone to enlighten you on the heavy bombing that was done on NK after US entered the game.
Stop saying what you don't know about Korean War.

When it comes to technology, aside from USA, there are other countries better in technology than Russia, if you doubt this fact, you can research more on it.
You need someone to enlighten you about the cold war on USSR(that led to the breaking apart of USSR), that alone is enough reason.
I can go on and on to give you enough reasons to show that US is more powerful than Russia

True.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 6:01am On Sep 22, 2018
Bibors:

Cannot be trusted with Nuclear power by who?
Who has the parameter or yardstick of measuring maturity?
How can you call North Korea a Juvenile? A whole country?
Even if you are referring to her president, is he the youngest of presidents?

If Nigeria develops Nuclear weapons today, will you caller her Juvenile considering the age of our president?

Weather you like it or not Within group of people, friends,family or nations, someone or a set of people would always rise to play leaders it is natural even in animal kingdom.

Why Nk is killing itself with the idea of developing Nuclear arms the South is making gaint strides and improving the lives of it citizens.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 6:01am On Sep 22, 2018
TFLASHOGEE:
help me ask them o we no get snow to lunch our own and last last if you check the brain behind the invention na still black so what the oyinbo get brain pass all about

Dreamer. which black?
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 6:03am On Sep 22, 2018
Bibors:

While i understood you abinitio, I still beg to differ that such a weapon shouldnt be in the hands of any country, the US inclusive.
When they developed thw atomic bomb, they didnt hesitate to use it and the effects are still there.
They had to ensure that Japan will be deweaponised for fear of a reprisal attack in the future.

Also note that whoever has absolute power determines what is right and wrong, who to live or die etc.

When they accused Sadam of having weapon of mass destruction, Iraq was a relatively peaceful country. They invaded Iraq , didnt find the weapon and that invasion created a turbulent Iraq till date.
They also went ahead to do same in Lybia and the rest is history. From your argument, is the US mature enough to have nuclear weapons/power which enables them being pain to other nations for nothing?

You don't know the real story.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:07am On Sep 22, 2018
blueAgent:

How is it a waste?
Do you know the thousands of jobs that was created directly and indirectly during the construction of that submarine or the thousands of jobs created for those who work on it daily
plus contractors and vendors.

Blackman and his mediocre thinking

waste of comment
Slave man mentality.
If half of that money had been put into core aeronautics and ship building, we would have had safer and faster long distance travel, not toys that give you inspiration to go to war
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 7:19am On Sep 22, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

waste of comment
Slave man mentality.
If half of that money had been put into core aeronautics and ship building, we would have had safer and faster long distance travel, not toys that give you inspiration to go to war

Your reasoning is beyond logic.
So after building all the trains and roads they should live like they have all friends and no enemies, I guess 9/11 incident built more roads in your logic?

You could have suggested that they disband the entire army at once.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by Fawklicant: 8:21am On Sep 22, 2018
blueAgent:

Did US lose any of this War's you mentioned?

They lost Vietnam war, they lost in somalia. Russia lost in Afghanistan. Go back in history and ignore propaganda. It is a well known fact.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:46am On Sep 22, 2018
blueAgent:

Your reasoning is beyond logic.
So after building all the trains and roads they should live like they have all friends and no enemies, I guess 9/11 incident built more roads in your logic?

You could have suggested that they disband the entire army at once.

Once Again Rubbish post.
911 was the product of a US creation
The US has a very large and unnecessary army.
If they can learn to mind their business, their Enemies will drastically reduce.

Incase you are not aware North Eastern Nigeria is suffering from the after effects of US oversabi in Libya.
Yet they behave as if they don't care, because they have not gotten the right bargaining chip.

They can continue building weapons and leaving in paranoia or they can afford to build peace time objects and enjoy the ripple effects.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 22, 2018
honestivo:

Don't be surprise surprised that was built by a black man ,stop being inferior
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by Nbote(m): 1:41pm On Sep 22, 2018
Cindy08:
lol that joke is a killer

Yes na... Shebi d best ship we can boast of is d one America dashed us afta finishing d lifespan

1 Like

Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by obafemee80(m): 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2018
blueAgent:

True.

Our leaders and fellowers lack the IQ to create wealth.
You can imagine Texas alone has over 24 Oil refineries all owned and started by White entreprenuers some over 100yrs ago

In US an western world people don't need to join politics inorder to be wealth they use their brain.
You are right...

1 Like

Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by BabaIbo: 9:26pm On Sep 22, 2018
longjon:

First of all, nowhere in my post did I mention that Russia is more powerful than US or vice versa. I deliberately avoid making such outlandish and bombastic comments because we all know that when shit hits the fan , it’s mutually assured destruction.

Secondly no where did I mention in my post anything about the tank battles that occurred during the Korean War. So I don’t know where you pulled that from. Neither was I talking about the fire bombing of Korean cities that followed. Heck I’m not even talking about the broader Korean War in general . Cos then we’ll get into another debate of whether US actually won that war

I was specifically referring to the air warfare which was a direct test of skill between the two opposing forces as a significant number of the North Korean pilots were actually Russian.
Why are you pulling up troop numbers ? Are we comparing North Korea to US ? If you knew anything about the Korean War, you’d have immediately realized why I mentioned the air battle that has been subjected to much debate by military historians . Also Russia did not openly commit/engage in the war like US did. Their pilots had to wear Korean uniforms to ensure deniability by Kremlin.

Actually you need to enlighten yourself on the number of war-games conducted by US annually. For the simply fact that they have more allies should tell you that they engage in more military exercises . The following countries conducts annual or bi-annual exercises with US either individually, collectively as a bloc or both :

Japan
Australia
New Zealand
South Korea
Taiwan
Israel
NATO (29 countries)
RIMPAC (22 Asian countries)
South American nations

Every military exercise is an opportunity to showcase weapons and superior defense maneouvres. The number of exercises USA engages in annually is more than triple that of Russia and China combined. Please list the number of Russian military exercises here since you’re sure . I need facts not claims .

Btw you made assumptions in your post about me which I’ll simply overlook.

I don't argue blindly or without facts...
Read your response to that guy you quoted and you will see that you did most of the things you denied in this quote above.
Let me ask you, is there any other Korean War aside from the known one, what are you now saying... accept you're wrong and he's right, simple.

What do you mean by "you're referring to the air warfare which is a direct test of strength of the two forces". Mr man you no get point joor.

You know little or nothing about the war, is it the US that bombed most parts of NK including their social and government facilities like railway, TV stations etc using airforce and strikes just to force NK into submission.
According to you NK+Russia+China airforce dealt with SK+US forces in air warfare, this talk alone is enough reason to prove that you totally ignorant of the war.

You're taking it too emotional, Russia embark more in military war games than other countries.
US embark on military training with South Korea due to the agreement they had after the war, you can confirm it. And FYI it has been canceled.

Recently, Russia embark in a military war game that involve China and Mongolia, which was even tagged the biggest.

You are only talking about that of US without putting it side by side with that of Russia to know which one partake more in military war games.
Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 23, 2018
Bibors:

Thank you my brother! If Amerika is indeed the greatest world power, why is Assad still in power in Syria?

The bastards did not take this long before they killed Ghaddafi & Saddam.

Trust me, Amerika can only send her army against illiterate savages armed with coconuts. grin

After the 50-year old Soviet-era Syrian Air Defense Systems proved to the world that the Amerikan Tomahawks Cruise-missiles are essentially scrap metals, the bastards are discontinuing its development. grin

https://www.defenseone.com/business/2017/04/us-about-stop-buying-tomahawk-missiles-ones-hit-syria/136866/

The Amerikan MIC has long been unable to produce durable effective and universal weapons. Take the assault rifle M16 (famous American assault rifle) for instance, it has problems in the presence of even small amounts of sand. Without air and artillery support and huge advantage in numbers on your side, you are dead meat against anyone with a pistol that works in the presence of sand. grin

What about her main battle tanks - M1 Abrams? whose turbine ventilators cannot withstand sand?

Amerika that cannot even make a heavy rocket engine, not to mention a good helmet for F-35. grin

How many times has Russian submarines war-gamed Amerikan useless aircraft-carriers and they fled without following the orders to stay put? grin

Ask them to name just one Amerikan Air Defense System that can successfully intercept the Russian SS-18 Satan?

Can Amerika match Russia's EW capabilities? How many times have Amerikan Frigates & Aircraft-Carriers been disabled by Russia?

What about Amerikan drones? Ordinary Iran dey seize Amerikan drone while airborne, not to talk of Russia.

Below is a video of an Amerikan drone being commandeered by Russia live in Crimea but you will never read about it on CNN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27aGJ20mQWY

All these assholes arguing in favour of Amerika are all children. One of them was even mentioning the Gulf war.

Even the Amerikan perfumed-military Generals dey piss for their body when the name "Russia" is mentioned during their meetings. grin

1 Like

Re: US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface by blueAgent(m): 3:56am On Sep 24, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Once Again Rubbish post.
911 was the product of a US creation
The US has a very large and unnecessary army.
If they can learn to mind their business, their Enemies will drastically reduce.

Incase you are not aware North Eastern Nigeria is suffering from the after effects of US oversabi in Libya.
Yet they behave as if they don't care, because they have not gotten the right bargaining chip.

They can continue building weapons and leaving in paranoia or they can afford to build peace time objects and enjoy the ripple effects.

Joker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy / Caption It .. As Seen In Lagos Yesterday (photo) / America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.