Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,861 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term (64307 Views)

The Crowd Stopped MC For Skipping Peter Obi's Name At Wigwe's Wake Keep / Nigerians React To APC Disqualification Of Adebayo Shittu / Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by yak(m): 5:40am On Sep 21, 2018
BabaO2:
What is really the big deal about nysc, why being unnecessarily petty. It is a cheating and reckless victimisation on nothing serious. If I had my way or something more rewarding for that nysc year, I wouldn't have served. So in PDP's mind now, Davido is serving? Did iweala, Saraki and children of the rich do nysc in this nation?

the big deal is that NYSC participation is mandatory. In some countries, military service is required. As much as I hate the fact that govt uses this service thing to waste someone's 12 calendar months, it'll amount to lawlessness if u don't participate until the law is reversed by an act of the parliament. I suggest u lead a campaign #EndNYSC

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by emperorblog(m): 5:45am On Sep 21, 2018
BlacSmit:
Buhari is a corrupt clown. Believe this government at the detriment of the wisdom of your ancestors.
Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by NAHMEDYO(m): 6:09am On Sep 21, 2018
BabaO2:
What is really the big deal about nysc, why being unnecessarily petty. It is a cheating and reckless victimisation on nothing serious. If I had my way or something more rewarding for that nysc year, I wouldn't have served. So in PDP's mind now, Davido is serving? Did iweala, Saraki and children of the rich do nysc in this nation?
You spoke rubbish. From the way you spoke, you will never surpass mediocrity. Poor man mentality

3 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by Bambambiglo: 6:21am On Sep 21, 2018
freeze001:

Why does the truth hurt zombies n buhari terrorists so much?

Why is it that you and that flattino dude are both men but claiming to be females?

Are y'all gays or something?

You're even quoting one another like you wanna go sample each others ass..SMH

Lost generation sad

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by Mcreloaded(m): 6:47am On Sep 21, 2018
Its high time NYSC should be involved in screening politicians alongside INEC to once and for all eliminate dodgers since the law says you must serve

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by kalu61(m): 7:05am On Sep 21, 2018
amaniro:
Simple, they are trying to eliminate Yerubas from the governmentwink
na lie
Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by infofta(m): 7:18am On Sep 21, 2018
Try to reason properly na.
This statement of result was probably issued recently out of a master list. Or are you saying Buhari wore glasses and cap at that time.

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by wirinet(m): 7:40am On Sep 21, 2018
bebanky:

Petty bla bla bla....You guys will just be saying whatever comes to your mouth.
National youth service is as serious as been drafted for military service in the US.

Dodging military service in the states is a VERY big offence that will cause you your office and even send you to jail.

So far as the NYSC law has not been repealed,it still stand as a must for any Nigerian graduate below 30.

You are either ignorance or lying. There is nothing like compulsory military service for all US citizens, what you have is the draft. The draft requires all male civilians between the ages of 18 and 25 to register with the Selective Service System, so that conscription can be ready should the need for it arise.
Not women are not required to register for draft.

So being drafted into the US service is just two weeks of jogging and exercise without even learning how to shoot a catapult?

Dogging military service is not considered a serious offence in the US. Trump avoided the draft during the Vietnam war and he is US president today. Many US citizens avoid the draft.

The NYSC is as useless as the adultery law. No one has been prosecuted under them. Most big men's children have the NYSC certificate delivered to their homes. The best some do is the two weeks exercise session, after that they go home or travel abroad. The certificate would be delivered their doorstep at the end of the year.

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by positivethought: 7:47am On Sep 21, 2018
Guestlander:

The rule of law that is not applied to everyone equally is nothing but a sham. Saraki didn't even honor a police invitation and nothing happened to him. Please try and do the same come back to tell me about the rule of law.
There are senators and house of representatives members with questionable credentials. If we have to pursue every one of them the whole system will probably collapse.
yes I agree with you that the rule of law should be applicable to everyone equally,as for saraki he has always respected the law to the point of been put on public trial even though the whole scenario was clearly influence by bitter politics, if the system has to collapse due to general perusal n eventual elimination of persons of questionable certificates so be it,so that fraud like buhari would not have to rule over very capable beings again after all Nigeria certainly do not lack abundant honestly qualified hands to pilot her affairs in the comity of nations.
Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by kelly72: 8:03am On Sep 21, 2018
BabaO2:

The big deal about NYSC is that it is the law. If it is not important, it won't be law. If it is not law, Kemi Aseousun wouldn't need to forge the certificate that nailed her. Both Buhari, Obono Obla, Shittu and a host of other pretenders in this evil government parading fake stuff should disappear into oblivion as governance is too serious to have scammers run it. No wonder the result we are getting.

If you have evidence that Okonjo Iweala did not do NYSC, announce it and we shall ask Twitter to ease her out, that is, if the NYSC law applies to them.

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 21, 2018
BabaO2:
Brotherly, this is our country, we should stop driving policies that cannot work, if to do thorough investigation at least 35% of graduates in government either in ministry or politicians don't have genuine nysc or exemption certificate, if they are discovered, should we ask them all to resign? Of course Nigeria will go into human resources emergency which will lead to collapse of the economy. The point then is why doing selective investigation when we can't sincerely deal it? For example now Davido has gone to camp to collect camp allowance and monthly stipend, but he's not in camp or doing nysc, at the end of nysc year he will proudly collect nysc certificate because his brother is in Nigeria politics.

But this doesn't make sense at all. If 35% of public servants in the ministries don't have NYSC certificate then yes, they should be fired and prosecuted.

It's arrant bullcrap to say because the economy will fall because of the sack so condone criminality. That's a terrible way to think.

Do you know how many millions of graduates that served are roaming the streets looking for jobs?

Adebayo Shitty should go to jail. The guy is an arrogant son of a bitch.

He felt too big to serve his country yet not too big to accept political appointments. Iranu.

We that served in the North during the advent of boko haram, risking our lives and still managing to make a great difference in the lives of the locals nko? We get two heads ni?

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by freeze001(f): 8:13am On Sep 21, 2018
Bambambiglo:

Why is it that you and that flattino dude are both men but claiming to be females?

Are y'all gays or something?

You're even quoting one another like you wanna go sample each others ass..SMH

Lost generation sad

Excuse you! Is there something about the way one writes that suggests the sex of the writer? Cos I wonder how you came to the assumption that I have indicated one thing whilst actually being another.

FYI, I am female and abhor that gay shït so please keep ur stinky assumptions to yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by legibow: 8:17am On Sep 21, 2018
Buhari why you now ehn ehn! Why ! ..... Can you just do something to make me have mouth � among people

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by freeze001(f): 8:25am On Sep 21, 2018
Oblang:
Senate no check b4 they confirm him?

The DSS is supposed to do all those screening n checks before the president appends his signature as having found them suitable n fit for appointment. Did they go to sleep?

The Senate I expect also looks at credentials. If they didn't see his why did they still confirm him without raising issues? This country is just useless even in the most mundane things.

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by bizzibodi(m): 8:30am On Sep 21, 2018
Did Ngozi okonjo iweala did NYSC?
Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by Friend01(m): 8:40am On Sep 21, 2018
BlacSmit:
Buhari is a corrupt clown. Believe this government at the detriment of the wisdom of your ancestors.

Insults without point is as unreasonable as a infant trying g to advice an elder.
What is your point exactly?
Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by maigemuu: 9:01am On Sep 21, 2018
Why always certificate scandals in south west?

From kemi Adeosun (Ogun state) to Dancing Senator Adeleke (Osun state) to Adebayo Shittu (Oyo state)....

The "O" state topping the chart...

WAEC, POLICE,DSS...please Ondo is next.

Go and scrutinize that state...someone in this government is from Ondo state and would av same challenge.

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by Dhugal: 9:34am On Sep 21, 2018
Meritocracy:
If we are talking about nysc for graduates to disqualify them, what about ssce failure serving senator who never graduate and want to occupy the same position. I think as far he get minimum qualification specify in the constitution he's good to go. Meanwhile that part of the duty of Saraki and Dogora who are been paid with tax payers millions every month but couldn't screen nominee effectively and want to rule the nation, legislatures are just there doing nothing.
The NYSC Act is in the Constitution.
So, for any graduate, its provisions are a must.
Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by Bimpe29: 9:34am On Sep 21, 2018
He should do the needful. Buhari is to be blamed. How can we be having things like this when Mr Integrity is at the helm of affairs?
Buhari reelection will be worse, if you know you know.
Then impunity will be lawful in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by hush15: 9:43am On Sep 21, 2018
W3xy1:
And it took Buhari good 6 six months to search for ministers without certificate. Am speechless
p

Thats the part that baffles me o. With all the time spent, they couldnt even do proper background check. They were in a rush to share the national cake...

when i say, buhari knows how to take 1 step forward and 10 backward, it will look like one is victimizing him but is that not the case now? You spent 6 months to pick these people, you couldnt even encourage them to clean whatever mess they have before they appear in front of senate for confirmation so them dont mess you up years after confirmation. That stupid IG wont invite now for criminal act. Na Opposition their eyes they.

This government doesnt deserve a second chance

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by bankylan: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2018
BabaO2:

The law of the land is to be obeyed. This is not victimization.

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by Larrytyler822(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2018
why do you feel rich men children don't serve the country is anyone above the law
Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by Tecno66: 10:34am On Sep 21, 2018
But how did the Senate clear him without his nysc certificate? Na wa for this people o.
kaorama:
When their Oga at the top has certificate problem, that is how the virus will keep spreading. This Country, My Brother! Gbagam
Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by ofwest47(m): 10:37am On Sep 21, 2018
To hell with these noise makers over the N Y S C ( Now Your Suffering Continues) most of those crying wolf over the NYSC issues has no knowledge of what brought about the NYSC and who was behind the establishment of N Y S C. Recall, in the middle sixties what was used to besiege Nigeria was the so called AMERICAN YOUTH CORPS they were in every nooks and corners of the country on the pretence of serving the country especially through serving in Nigerian secondary schools but with the knowledgeable understanding of what America is, as far as using every means of undertaking spying and control of other countries is concerned this was how well visioned and educated Nigerian Dr. Tai Solarin of blessed memory as far back as 1970 has been calling for the abrogation of American spy group called American Youth Corps in Nigeria and called for the establishment of Nigerian Youth Service Corps for which Gen. Gowon continued to turn deaf hears into for almost 3 years ( May 1973) before agreeing after continued pressure from Tai Solarin .
Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by Seunpaul01(m): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2018
BabaO2:

Exactly, my problem with this shitty NYSC of a thing is that nothing is obtain from it. We have serious issues with our education system but they aren't saying anything about it. More than 10 NYSC members died every year, they are saying nothing about it. The standard is very poor. A graduate will go around dressed like a soldier, be in NYSC camp control and forced to go under rigorous training by the soldiers. A graduate of chemical engineering will serve the country as a class teacher. The Corps are wasting away with no promise or assurance of job.

There are so many shitty things about it.
Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by wirinet(m): 10:57am On Sep 21, 2018
infofta:
Try to reason properly na.
This statement of result was probably issued recently out of a master list. Or are you saying Buhari wore glasses and cap at that time.

So many illiterate youths in Nigeria. They seem not to know the difference between statement of result and certificate. A statement of result is given by your Alma mater detailing the result of the exam you took while in the school (In this case it was the wasce /Cambridge o level exams) It is given if your actual certificate is not ready or is missing. The statement of result is dated on the day it is given and signed by the principal on sit at that date. A statement of result is legal and is accepted by tertiary institutions, employers and government agencies.
I for one never presented my WAEC certificate when being admitted into the university, they accepted a statement of result from my school.
Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by Omonaijani: 11:26am On Sep 21, 2018
Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by Eagleword14(f): 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
What's really happening in dis country for crying out loud!

When we ve many intellectuals in d country with genuine certificates. What's d essence of screening before appointment if not to fish out unqualified candidates ....Nig is fast becoming a joke. May God deliver us
Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by Bambambiglo: 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2018
freeze001:

Excuse you! Is there something about the way one writes that suggests the sex of the writer? Cos I wonder how you came to the assumption that I have indicated one thing whilst actually being another.

FYI, I am female and abhor that gay shït so please keep ur stinky assumptions to yourself!

My guy stop deceiving yourself you can't fool any one here.

You're a steady commenter here and sound nothing like a female.

You're gay and its OK to hide behind this faceless forum to express your self.
Re: Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term by freeze001(f): 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2018
Bambambiglo:

My guy stop deceiving yourself you can't fool any one here.

You're a steady commenter here and sound nothing like a female.

You're gay and its OK to hide behind this faceless forum to express your self.

That is why I asked what about a person's style of writing that you think makes a person male or female. It's obvious you're into some kinda stereotype bųllshït...
You have not the faintest idea where my sexual inclination lies but believe whatever u like.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Donald Trump's 'Buhari Is Lifeless': Buhari Media Organisation Reacts To Comment / Pictures Of Obiano After His Tenure As Anambra Governor / This Viral Picture Of Man Shaking Tinubu Is Not Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.