Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death (19528 Views)

Dead Man "Breathing" In Imo After Corpse Was Exhumed 1 Year After His Death / Lady Calls NCDC To Arrest Her Mum For Attending A Wedding Ceremony In Maraba / Russia Built ₦42Billion Hospital For COVID-19 Patients In One Month(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by correctbae: 8:51pm On Sep 20, 2018
An aggrieved lady has taken to her facebook page to call out General hospital, Ijede for administering wrong blood and excess injection to her brother which eventually led to his death.

Her post:

And u guys thought u could jes kill my only brother and go scot free
I swear down u all will mourn over your children
Imagine a general hospital dat has doctors nd nurses dat are not qualified
Buh jes because of d money u wanna collect
U all were all greedy
Firstly u gave my brother an overdose injection
As if dat was not enough
U gave him a wrong blood ....u gave him a blood dat doesnot really match his blood group
Den suddenly he changed and died
General hospital ijede i swear u guys will all mourn

Source: https://correctbae.ng/2018/09/20/lady-calls-out-general-hospital-ijede-for-giving-her-brother-overdose-injection-and-wrong-blood-which-led-to-his-death/

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by Greyworld: 8:56pm On Sep 20, 2018
Aunty get a lawyer not swearing for people on instagram.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by GOFRONT(m): 9:03pm On Sep 20, 2018
Chaii
Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by ikeno(m): 9:12pm On Sep 20, 2018
look for a lawyer and sue the hospital for negligence leading to the death of your brother.

don't forget to tell the lawyer to sue them for billions of naira,so that after negotiation,they will agree to pay you hundreds of million.

14 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by Born2Breed(f): 9:25pm On Sep 20, 2018
News like this always makes me feel so sad.

You rush to the hospital and get killed due to negligence.

10 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by BeingFrank(m): 10:09pm On Sep 20, 2018
And the annoying part of it, is if you try to point out some facts to them during the process, their empty inflated ego will make them do the contrary even the more. If people start following them up due to their negligence, i believe some will leave or sit up. So many medical practitioners in this country are so careless and irresponsible, because they believe they can always kill and get away with it. Its really sad. As for those quoting me blindly, this isn't the first nor the tenth time, issues of this nature have been reported about losing lives due to shear recklessness of some medical practitioners in this country. I've lost loved ones due to this trend too. Some of them feel just because you don't answer the name "dr", you are an idiot when it gets to health related issues, and how grossly wrong are they.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by hemartins(m): 10:10am On Sep 22, 2018
I don't know if her claims are true but I can tell you that most doctors and nurses at general hospital are deliberately wicked, arrogant and careless.
If there is anybody that can help this lady with this case.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by Beremx(f): 10:11am On Sep 22, 2018
No need ranting and swearing. Go get a lawyer like Falana. The hospital go hear am

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:13am On Sep 22, 2018
shey dem no swear for buhari, shey dem no swear for saraki, shey dem no swear for jonathan, shey dem no swear for tinubu. Tell me which of the swear dey work. As we dey swear for dem, na so dem dey swear dem for higher office position, awards, promotion plus plenty money.
Sue their ass and not swear for them

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by Vince77(m): 10:13am On Sep 22, 2018
All of a sudden the threads making front page are making sense. Am I missing something here?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by ijemishkisic(m): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2018
My profound sympathy to the bereaved. Though, Bloodless procedure remains the best, the gold standard!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 22, 2018
Fine boy like this fa
Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2018
So sad.. rip to your brother.
Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by oshe11: 10:16am On Sep 22, 2018
Na wa oooo

Naija doctors na scam.....
Na only tablet when Oyibo don prescribe dem know
Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by pelicanbeau(f): 10:17am On Sep 22, 2018
Rip to the bro
Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by Owned: 10:17am On Sep 22, 2018
grin

Na Buhari Blood They Take Put Am

3 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by helpee(m): 10:18am On Sep 22, 2018
BeingFrank:
And the annoying part of it, is if you try to point out some facts to them during the process, their empty inflated ego will make them do the contrary even the more. If people start following them up due to their negligence, i believe some will leave or sit up. So many medical practitioners in this country are so careless and irresponsible, because they believe they can always kill and get away with it. Its really sad.
Doctors will keep getting away with malpractice because of people like you with a biased mind against them . You didn't find out whether what the lady is saying is true, you just conclude they are careless. So once a patient on transfusion dies, it means they gave him wrong blood. For your information in Lagos, we give blood from Lagos central bank. All blood must pass through the central bank where they put Lagos logo before we can transfuse. So assuming what she is saying is even true that they gave wrong blood then it is the fault of Lagos state not the doctor. Moreso, transfusion reaction csn occur even after crossmatching so it doesnt always count as malpractice once you react to blood. The lady didnt tell you her brothers sickness, at presentation. Just talked about overdose and tranafusion and you are here abusing the doctors already.Secondly, how did she know overdose? So she knows the right dose and now knows it is overdose. You think once you accuse a doctor without proof, the doctor is automatically guilty? Gather your proofs. Do autopsy. Not ranting on social media without proofs. By the way, you said you point facts to them....what is fact to you, a layman may be spoken out of ignorance. You are not a doctor. Your facts may be junks

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by naijacentric(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2018
Rest in peace lets stop postponing this revolution instead tins would get more worse.....`my people are afraid of the air around them because they wont fight for their freedom'..Fela
Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by ekestic1976(f): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2018
God will console you and the family. Get a good lawyer to take up the case.
Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by chronique(m): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2018
Chai!!! I almost lost my baby sister to this but God stepped in. I went to see her at the hospital and she was given blood transfusion. They went to buy another pint of blood that they would give after the first one... I took out time to quickly go see a friend but as I was getting close to his house, a voice was telling me to go back to the hospital. I still kept going to my friend's house and the voice kept asking me to go back. I had gotten to his gate and was about stepping into his compound but that voice came again inside of me and was so sharp and clear. I turned around and went back to the hospital and as I got there, they were about inserting the needle into the new pint of blood. I checked and saw it was a different one from what was just removed and I called the attention of the nurse who was about fixing it. She then looked at it and saw they were different and took it to the doctor. The doctor was mad at them and asked why they didn't check that before attempting to fix it. That's how I would have lost my sister due to carelessness of the hospital, if I didn't obey that subconscious voice that kept asking me to go back to the hospital. It's obvious a lot of deaths in hospitals in Nigeria, occurs due to carelessness from the medical/health workers.

24 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by docadams: 10:22am On Sep 22, 2018
Incidences like this are heart breaking. This my profession needs some sanitizing
Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by sacajawea: 10:24am On Sep 22, 2018
Unbelievable

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by Chinny024(f): 10:24am On Sep 22, 2018
Instead of employing nurses and doctors who have passed through schools, trainings,Seminars,conferences,and workshops in accordance with Licensed bodies they prefer to get Auxiliaries ,quacks and technicians to practice with human body.....
It's only in Nigeria private hospitals that you can see where nurses are being trained...It's wrong.
Nigeria should wake up.....
This people are death trap... wink wink wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by Offpoint: 10:24am On Sep 22, 2018
Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 22, 2018
May God punish anyone who advises me not to leave nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by sacajawea: 10:27am On Sep 22, 2018
helpee:
Doctors will keep getting away from malpractice because of people like you with a biased mind against them . You didn't find out whether what the lady is saying is true, you just conclude they are careless. So once a patient on transfusion dies, it means they gave him wrong blood. For your information in Lagos, we give blood from Lagos central bank. All blood must pass through the central bank where they put Lagos logo before we can transfuse. So assuming what she is saying is even true that they gave wrong blood then it is the fault of Lagos state not the doctor. Secondly, how did she know overdose? So she knows the right dose and now knows it is overdose. You think once you accuse a doctor without proof, the doctor is automatically guilty? Gather your proofs. Do autopsy. Not ranting on social media without proofs. By the way, you said you point facts to them....what is fact to you, a layman may be spoken out of ignorance. You are not a doctor. Your facts may be junks
You brain don Knock abi

7 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 22, 2018
helpee:
Doctors will keep getting away from malpractice because of people like you with a biased mind against them . You didn't find out whether what the lady is saying is true, you just conclude they are careless. So once a patient on transfusion dies, it means they gave him wrong blood. For your information in Lagos, we give blood from Lagos central bank. All blood must pass through the central bank where they put Lagos logo before we can transfuse. So assuming what she is saying is even true that they gave wrong blood then it is the fault of Lagos state not the doctor. Secondly, how did she know overdose? So she knows the right dose and now knows it is overdose. You think once you accuse a doctor without proof, the doctor is automatically guilty? Gather your proofs. Do autopsy. Not ranting on social media without proofs. By the way, you said you point facts to them....what is fact to you, a layman may be spoken out of ignorance. You are not a doctor. Your facts may be junks

Exactly.

Without prejudice to the dead or her feelings, how does she know the proper dosage of injection? Or which is correct or wrong blood. If she knows so much she should have purchased the medications and administered it herself.

A juvenile is ranting and people are commenting in a biased and ignorant fashion. Most Nairalanders are juveniles and uneducated touts so it doesn't surprise me.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 22, 2018
Did they tell her that ??

How did she arrived to that?

I'm 98% sure if that happens they won't let her know
Re: Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death by BeingFrank(m): 10:32am On Sep 22, 2018
helpee:
Doctors will keep getting away from malpractice because of people like you with a biased mind against them .You didn't find out whether what the lady is saying is true, you just conclude they are careless.So once a patient on transfusion dies,it means they gave him wrong blood.For your information in Lagos, we give blood from Lagos central bank.All blood must pass through the central bank where they put Lagos logo before we can transfuse.So assuming what she is saying is even true that they gave wrong blood then it is the fault of Lagos state not the doctor.Secondly, how did she know overdose?So she knows the right dose and now knows it is overdose.You think once you accuse a doctor without proof, the doctor is automatically guilty?Gather your proofs.Do autopsy.Not ranting on social media without proofs.By the way, you said you point facts to them....You are not a doctor. Your facts may be junks
The bolded summarizes my point empty inflated ego.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Strange Deadly Illness Reported In Yankari Games Reserve / 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips / USAID And Coca-cola Foundation Commission Water Projects In Abia And Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.