Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines (19506 Views)

Eat To Lose Weight Using Simple Healthy Nigerian Meals / Order Now For Your Rich,original,unrefined,undiluted Moringa Oil / Health Benefits Of Moringa Leaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 8:17am On Apr 16, 2016
Hello dearly beloved, it is with a great passion that I pen down this powerful Cold pressed Moringa oleifera oil extraction eBook. It came as a result of the desire to make available an easy to use guide for you who are interested in expelling oil from the Moringa oleifera seeds using simple moringa oil extraction machines and due to requests by people.

MORINGA OIL EXTRACTION

Having used different moringa seed oil extraction machines before, I realized that it is easier to expel oil from a manual machine especially for people who are looking at doing it as a business. It is very economical and highly efficient.

So it is a privilege to be making this available to the masses at a time like this when moringa oil needs are increasing globally with cosmetic companies, nutritional industries and pharmaceutical industries demanding for more volumes. I believe the book is filling the gap for information on how to effectively and economically produce moringa oil anywhere in the world.

This eBook is written to teach you how to extract oil from moringa seeds using the manual oil expeller (COLD PRESS). The expeller can be used for other seeds like sesame, peanut, etc. But for the purpose of this eBook, we are not discussing how it can be used for the other seeds.

If you got this manual because you want to know how to make money with moringa oil business, I congratulate you as you are on your way to making good money once you get started. I am saying this with confidence, having been in the industry for some time. So get ready to be excited as you read on.

First things first, you need to have a number of materials for your work. Chiefly among them are the moringa oleifera seeds. If you are a moringa farmer, then you just need to harvest your seeds, remove from the pods and dry them. If you are not a farmer yourself and you don’t have access to a moringa farm either, you have to source for the seeds. That takes us to the next point…

BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY BY GATHERING MORINGA SEEDS.
Where do you get your seeds from? Good question, like I said earlier if you are a farmer, good for you. Else, you need to source for your seeds… You can contact us for supply of good quality moringa seeds. Be mindful of the fact that some moringa seeds do not produce good volume of oil!

If you are not conversant with Moringa seeds, please wisdom is profitable to direct; find out from your supplier if the seeds yield a lot of oil. Ask them the time of harvest, as the longer the seeds stay after harvest, the less the volume of oil generated.

Kindly note that moringa seeds are seasonal… it then means you would have to target the peak season and buy in bulk to store. That is for you that want to do oil business sustainably. That way, when the off peak period comes, you will only be smiling and making cool money. Laugh out Loud (Lol!)

Probably the next question on your mind is what times of the year are the peak and off peak periods? Yes, just like other seeds and nuts like peanuts (groundnuts), walnuts, etc., Moringa seeds have a season. Harvest period usually starts around January in some parts of the world. And off season period, when the seeds are usually very scarce starts somewhere around September yearly.

Please note: If you are buying from a far place, it is always better to ask for a small sample to see how it looks first before making bulk orders. This is to ensure that you are getting good quality moringa seeds. Always ask your suppliers to sort the seeds properly, and clean them thoroughly. This is to avoid having much debris that adds to the weight of the seeds. Most times they sell in kilograms. But you may find some suppliers selling in bags or some other forms of measurement.
So wisdom demands that you buy during harvest in bulk to store for later use. Now that we have established where and how to source for your seeds, let’s move on.

HOW TO PREPARE THE MORINGA SEEDS FOR EXTRACTION.
MORINGA OIL EXTRACTION
Follow these steps in preparing your seeds before extraction:

• Harvest pods when fully mature

• Sort seeds and remove any that are bad, moldy or rotten

• Dry seeds - moisture content should NOT be higher than 10%
(You may dry the seeds before or after dehulling)

• Remove husks or seed coats; you may dehull (shell) only 50%

• Separate the seeds from the chaff

Continue Reading

1 Like

Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by swantapebah: 12:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
its interesting and am eager to continue reading pls update. tnx for sharing your knowledge. we have a moringa farm but we are only using the leaves for food and giving out the seeds.
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 12:20pm On May 06, 2016
Continued from last post...

Welcome to the second post in the Practical Moringa Oil Extraction Guide: A step by step easy to follow instructions. In the previous post in this series, we learnt that we needed to begin the moringa oil extraction process by first getting
moringa seeds either from our farms or buying online or offline from farmers. We also learnt how to prepare the gathered seeds prior to expelling moringa oil from them. In this post, we would learn...How to Make Cold Pressed Moringa Oil

HOW TO DECORTICATE (SHELL) THE SEEDS
Having gathered your seeds it is logical to shell them. Now if you are one of the persons who do not shell before expelling, you may as well skip this step. Else, you shell with a machine or mortar and pestle. Or manually break them like shown in this picture(Picture is in the ebook)
For larger quantities of seeds, it is better to use the moringa shelling machine. Below is a picture of a moringa shelling machine…(Picture found in the ebook)

HOW TO SUN DRY THE MORINGA SEEDS
It is very important that you dry the moringa seeds to a minimal moisture content of about 8 to 10%. This is important because if you do not dry them enough, they will get stuck inside the machine and not produce oil… On the other hand, it is not advisable to dry too much. So either way is not good. So how do you then dry it to achieve desired results? Simple, as you expose the seeds to the sun for drying, if it is very sunny, allow it there for a maximum of 5 hours for decorticated (shelled) seeds and maximum of 10 hours for un-decorticated seeds.

Having dried the moringa seeds to the required moisture level, it is time to head to the machine to do the oil extraction proper. If this is your first time, you need to know how to assemble and mount the oil press for the first use. There are different kinds of moringa oil extraction machinery. One type is manual and other electrical: these are the two broad groups of the machinery- Manual and Electrical. If, like many people, you live in a place where there is less constant power supply, I would you get a manual oil press for your moringa oil extraction endeavours.

If on the other hand you have constant power supply at your location, then it is recommended you go for the electrical machine. Below are the pictures of both machines.

HOW TO ASSEMBLE AND MOUNT THE OIL PRESS MACHINERY
For the purpose of this tutorial, we would be using the Manual oil press for illustrations...
In the second ebook, I will explain the electrical oil press processes.
After procuring your oil press, the next thing is to assemble the parts so as to commence work. You need a sturdy table top to use in your mini factory.

Worldwide many oil containing seeds are produced or gathered from wild plants.
Small scale processing of the seeds is frequently not an option or the oil extraction rate is too low. The MANUAL oil expeller fulfils a need in this respect.

It is a low cost expeller for the small scale oil seed processor.
Almost any conceivable oil seed with more than 25% oil to seed can be processed, normally without any pre-treatment.

Oil and press cake can be sold in the local market respectively for household use or as protein concentrate in animal feed. Processing of home grown as well as purchased oil seeds is possible. However, the MANUAL oil press is also ideally suited to serve a migrating contractor going from farm to farm.

In the next post, we will delve proper into how to assemble and mount the oil press machinery proper.

Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
Anybody following? I need to be sure before the next lesson please.
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by oracle009(m): 12:49am On Aug 15, 2016
I'm following keenly. I want to ask a question. Can I extract oil from seeds that were dried and stored before purchase? Like the dried ones from the north

Wakes
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 8:26am On Aug 15, 2016
oracle009:
I'm following keenly. I want to ask a question. Can I extract oil from seeds that were dried and stored before purchase? Like the dried ones from the north

Wakes
Yes please, Oracle. Only let it not be too long in storage. Usually oil content in seeds begin to reduce after two years of storage. So always find out from the Sellers HOW LONG the seeds have been stored. Always buy same year seeds, if possible.

And don't dry the seeds for TOO LONG under the sun either. This makes seeds too dry and difficult for oil extraction too. So two hours under hot sun is just OK.

I hope this helps you dear.
Blesssings!

1 Like

Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by oracle009(m): 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2016
wakes:

Yes please, Oracle. Only let it not be too long in storage. Usually oil content in seeds begin to reduce after two years of storage. So always find out from the Sellers HOW LONG the seeds have been stored. Always buy same year seeds, if possible.

And don't dry the seeds for TOO LONG under the sun either. This makes seeds too dry and difficult for oil extraction too. So two hours under hot sun is just OK.

I hope this helps you dear.
Blesssings!

Thanks. I need a huge supply of seed.. Abt 15tonnes. Fresh seeds coz of d oil. Can you work wt me pls
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by Idaraudoh: 10:05am On Sep 10, 2016
Hi please how can I get the moringa seeds from you to make the oil, where and how much can I get the oil press machine?
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 4:10am On Sep 16, 2016
Idaraudoh:
Hi please how can I get the moringa seeds from you to make the oil, where and how much can I get the oil press machine?
Kindly call me. Check signature for my mobile. Thanks
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 4:19am On Sep 16, 2016
Now let's continue with the tutorial...

HOW TO ASSEMBLE AND MOUNT THE OIL PRESS MACHINERY
After procuring your oil press, the next thing is to assemble the parts so as to commence work. You need a sturdy table top to use in your mini factory.
Particulars of the Manual oil expeller
Worldwide many oil containing seeds are produced or gathered from wild plants.
Small scale processing of the seeds is frequently not an option or the oil extraction rate is too low. The MANUAL oil expeller fulfils a need in this respect.

It is a low cost expeller for the small scale oil seed processor.
Almost any conceivable oil seed with more than 25% oil to seed can be processed, normally without any pre-treatment.

Oil and press cake can be sold in the local market respectively for household use or as protein concentrate in animal feed. Processing of home grown as well as purchased oil seeds is possible. However, the MANUAL is also ideally suited to serve a migrating contractor going from farm to farm.

Properties of the oil expeller:
• Sturdy design
• Low price
• Easily adaptable to many different oil seeds
• High extraction efficiency
• Continuous expelling
• Manually operated (no external power source required)
• Almost no maintenance required
• Seeds can be expelled including seed coat
• Simple operation
• Compact tool (2.2 kilograms)
Parts of the oil expeller:
The following are the different parts and accessories of the manual oil press:
1. Press cage
2. Bolts
3. Washers
4. Nuts
5. Crank
6. Adjustment Bolt
7. Wick
8. Spindle
9. Bottle
10. Expel cup
11. Spanner
12. Screws
To be continued. Any questions? Kindly drop them here. If you want to have chat/conversation, check my signature.

Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 5:10pm On Nov 16, 2016
I did a demonstration video at an The Hunger Project on how to make the oil....
Happy watching:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzxp5nIVFsQ
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
Any body following?
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 2:21pm On May 11, 2017
Do you need more information? I want to be sure somebody is following me here...
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 2:38pm On May 11, 2017
Follow the steps below to assemble the machine

1. Setup a strong base for the expeller to be bolted onto.
When mounting the machine, on the wooden table, the expeller
should be bolted at the bottom of the frame and the chassis on the
back.

If not properly attached to the table or bench top the machine will be
moving while turning the expeller handle.

Take the time to build a very secure base or frame to attach the
expeller. Dealing with a wobbly frame during expelling is dangerous!
Your hand may slip off the handle or the device may come loose or
the flammable liquid in the heater bottle may break away from its tether.

Moringa seeds are soft so there is not much resistance from the
handle. But it is important to note that in the course of the expelling
process it is not advisable to stop turning the handle!

Why? Because if this happens, the pressed cake hardens and the
device will get stuck!

When we started out newly, it was the first experience we had…

So I learnt it the hard way! I don’t want you to
have a similar experience. So once again, do not stop turning the
handle while the seeds are still inside.

To be continued

Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 5:49pm On May 13, 2017
2. First put the chassis of the expeller on the table as shown
below.(Pictures in the ebook please)

(Pictures are in the book; to get the book, kindly check the link in the signature below or call 0.8.0.6.5.3.8.7.8.1.9.)
3. Insert the bolts to the two vertical holes, put the washers and
tighten the nuts. See picture below.(Picture is in the ebook)

4. Insert the screw bolts to the table top in the two holes and
repeat what you did in the previous step as shown in the
pictures below[b](pictures are in the ebook)[/b]. This will fasten the chassis to the table firmly.

5. Insert the washer to the crank. This is very important. If you do
not put the washer, it could damage the press cage. So always
remember to put the washer before inserting the crank to the
press cage.
Bolts
Screw in the Bolts

6. Grease the washer using vegetable oil. This is to avoid wear and tear.
This is also very important.

To be continued...

2 Likes

Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 6:01pm On May 16, 2017
How to ensure Smoother running of the wear washer
The Manual oil expeller runs smoother when a leather washer is
mounted on either side of the metal washer. This prevents wear on
the washer.
(Picture in the ebook)

Below is a description:
Take a smooth piece of leather of approx. 1 mm thickness.
Cut out two rings with a maximum diameter of 28 mm and a
hole of 14 mm.

You can also make two hole punches from pipes of suitable
diameter to which a sharp edge is ground (see bottom
picture).

Slide the washers onto the expeller screw with the metal
washer in between.

6. The next thing you want to do is the insert the crank into the press
cage.

7. Now you can screw in the cup. Remember to oil the cup and
thread very well before screwing it in.
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by todman(m): 8:35am On May 29, 2017
Hi, is there any way to get the expeller in Nigeria. I am interested in getting one. you can add me on whatsapp (+233248015470) so we can talk better. Thanks
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 11:24am On Jun 01, 2017
todman:
Hi, is there any way to get the expeller in Nigeria. I am interested in getting one. you can add me on whatsapp (+233248015470) so we can talk better. Thanks
Yes the expeller is available in Nigeria.
Will connect on Whatsapp as you suggested.
Blessings!
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 11:34am On Jun 01, 2017
There are different ways you may mount the machine, ranging from
table top to clamps. Use the method that is best for suited for you.
1. Table top without vertical support.
2. Clamped stand.

See pictures below

Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 2:18pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks for your audience and patronage.

Keep the calls coming.

We are now selling:

Atili oil,
Neem oil, and
Sesame oil.

Check my signature below for my contacts.
Blessings!
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by DonaTee(f): 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2017
Is this machine suitable for pressing tigernut oil? And coconut oil?
how much is it?
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
DonaTee:
Is this machine suitable for pressing tigernut oil? And coconut oil?
how much is it?
You may press coconut oil with it. I am not sure about tiger nuts oil though. It costs N85,000. Thanks
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by Feanah(f): 10:29am On Nov 11, 2017
Is it suitable for pressing almonds and the likes of carrot?
How does one get it?
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
Feanah:
Is it suitable for pressing almonds and the likes of carrot?
How does one get it?
No it is not suitable for almonds.
To get it contact 0.8.0.66646868
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 11:40am On Jan 23, 2018
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2018
wakes:

Keep the calls coming.

We are now selling:

Atili oil,
Neem oil, and
Sesame oil.

Blessings!
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by MarieRosie: 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
Hello all, my name is Mary-Rose, and am a content creator for blogs. I need blogging jobs, love to write on health issues. Yes, I know you have no right to trust me, trust in itself is a very strong word, and yes I know have not been a member for a long while, but if you are willing to give me a try please WhatsApp me on 08130432692.
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2018
MarieRosie:
Hello all, my name is Mary-Rose, and am a content creator for blogs. I need blogging jobs, love to write on health issues. Yes, I know you have no right to trust me, trust in itself is a very strong word, and yes I know have not been a member for a long while, but if you are willing to give me a try please WhatsApp me on 08130432692.
Great! I wish you well.
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2018
This is the video of the oil making machine(one of the machines). Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G63RdAVBN0c&t=70s
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2018
Are you following?
Re: How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines by wakes: 6:30am On Jul 14, 2018
wakes:

Keep the calls coming.

We are now selling:

Atili oil,
Neem oil, and
Sesame oil.

Blessings!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? / Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death / What Do You Think Of Urine Therapy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.