Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 (22759 Views)

PDP Dumps Plans To Seek Review Of Supreme Court Judgments / 2 Weeks To The Polls A Core Social Influencer Of PDP Dumps The Party / Adams Jagaba Defects To PDP, Dumps APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by frowland(m): 7:07am On Sep 21, 2018
theoldpretender:

So PDP is looking for a Northern candidate....

Very very interesting.

In my opinion, 2019 is going to be one fine race. PDP choosing a Northern candidate might work in their favour...especially as APC is anathema in the SE and SS and crucially the Middle Belt. They might get a narrow win next year.

On the other hand...SE may be eyeing the presidency in 2023 (though as I have said elsewhere, an SE Veep means the SE gets into government for a potential 16 years, the last 8 being as president)...so APC might get somewhere in the SE...though that is a looooong shot. PDP still looking like the better option...16 years on top.

The unknown quantity is the SW....will the SW go for APC or PDP this time?

Funny how you lots drag SE into your calculations as if we are all m0rons that cannot think for ourselves. Anyway, I don't blame you guys, we put ourselves in this sorry state.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by FBIL: 7:08am On Sep 21, 2018
Choose Enugu as Venue for maximum security, and variety of hotels as well as neat environment and freedom from Wike and Secondus interferences.
Steer clear of Buhari's North West, give it to North East
Choose an acceptable Vice from the South East
Share appointments without bias, especially to accomodate North Central.
Anything short of the above, my own South East state, which I understand too well, will vote Buhari this time because Kwankwaso is another Buhari coming for 8 years, so why won't us endure another Buhari for 4 years?
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by zlantanfan: 7:09am On Sep 21, 2018
wink2015:

The only selling candidate in the pdp is Ex- vice president Abubakar Atiku.

Atiku is making wave because of his interest in implementing restructuring if elected.

This is a bold step especially coming from a northerner in a conservative northern Nigerian.

you think restructuring is just a verb of convince, it is the national assembly that would be amending and changing the laws.

Atiku was vp and acted as acting president with full powers during obj absence at some point why didn't he restructure

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by sexyanyabubakar(f): 7:09am On Sep 21, 2018
id4sho:

As a staunch PDP Man, we gonna build milk taps everywhere, 24k gold road. Nigeria is gonna be heaven on earth. you know na

#BACKTODAURA
Take your share of Abacha Loot. This Social Security is Only for Unemployed Nigerian Yooots

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by sexyanyabubakar(f): 7:12am On Sep 21, 2018
zlantanfan:
you think restructuring is just a verb of convince, it is the national assembly that would be amending and changing the laws.

Atiku was vp and acted as acting president with full powers during obj absence at some point why didn't he restructure

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by revolt(m): 7:18am On Sep 21, 2018
mknigeriagreat:
They are all thieves. Buhari is still better than most of them and more honourable. The only issue with him is that age is not on his side anymore. But we will keep praying to God to grant him sound health and give him the know how wisdom to rule us.
atleast theyre thieves including buhari himself.. Pls how did abachas loot nigeria? Via PTF...plsss who was the head of that parastatal? Buhari. If in this era of Google u still spew this rubbish of his integrity ure clearly esatz educationally. Atleast the other looters used the funds to build Nigerian successful businesses for a start I know atiku has been running Intel for over 25yrs and guess what? He didn't build it in the north. He is the only northerners I know that set up a major biz in the south. The rest also have businesses theyve ran in various capacities.......errrmmmm buhari was a minister of petroleum when 2.8 million got missing in 1978 and in 1983 he was head of state plus ptf chairman YET he can't boast of one share he bought tlkless of a business hes managed. And you magically think he can run a country. Atleast make una use common sense naw.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by revolt(m): 7:38am On Sep 21, 2018
FBIL:
Choose Enugu as Venue for maximum security, and variety of hotels as well as neat environment and freedom from Wike and Secondus interferences.
Anything short of the above, my own South East state, which I understand too well, will vote Buhari this time because Kwankwaso is another Buhari coming for 8 years, so why won't us endure another Buhari for 4 years?
true bit where is the west in all this..
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by revolt(m): 7:39am On Sep 21, 2018
FBIL:
true bit where is the west in all this..gge west will prefer buhari if u do this. They need stakes. Buhari needs landslide if not hed rig it.
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by abc115: 8:09am On Sep 21, 2018
Nitah1:
So,aside banning people you comment also?
Social justice and compassion are compatible with an intelligent respect for private enterprise and law and order.
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by Akaujaa(m): 8:11am On Sep 21, 2018
Its needless beating a dead dog. Atiku is PDP's presidential candidate. Take it to the bank.
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by coast2sahara: 8:14am On Sep 21, 2018
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by Donelli: 8:31am On Sep 21, 2018
I've always noticed a pattern when I read through comments about Nigerian political landscape and it's quite funny really grin

I am curious, if the SE is a political non-entity as most posters desperately want to prove, why do you guys always make reference to the SE in every topic. Why not ignore the SE to oblivion. Or maybe it's not what you guys are trying so hard to paint.

Another issue I find confusing by definition is, reading the "SW" and "political sophistication" in one sentence. Yet "one man" controls their political affairs and I read how he is praised to the heavens. If the SW is as enlightened as one is wont to believe, one would expected the SW to be the drill zone for political aspirants. Unfortunately, it's just sheep mob mentality.

Furthermore, cult-following and core north are like synonyms so it's already clear to one why the powers that be would rather the north remains unenlightened for their political benefits.

It's possible that the core north do not trust the SE because they feel the SE cannot be controlled, which makes some sense in the political context; I'm still not clear what the average SWesterner's grouse is with the Igbos

What is the root cause of this ill feeling. Is there someone reasonable that can explain this to me once and for all please.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by bluke(m): 8:39am On Sep 21, 2018
theoldpretender:

Very very interesting.

In my opinion, 2019 is going to be one fine race. PDP choosing a Northern candidate might work in their favour...especially as APC is anathema in the SE and SS and crucially the Middle Belt. They might get a narrow win next year.

On the other hand...SE may be eyeing the presidency in 2023 (though as I have said elsewhere, an SE Veep means the SE gets into government for a potential 16 years, the last 8 being as president)...so APC might get somewhere in the SE...though that is a looooong shot. PDP still looking like the better option...16 years on top.

good to dream, wakey wakey,
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by theoldpretender(m): 9:26am On Sep 21, 2018
Donelli:
I've always noticed a pattern when I read through comments about Nigerian political landscape and it's quite funny really grin

I am curious, if the SE is a political non-entity as most posters desperately want to prove, why do you guys always make reference to the SE in every topic. Why not ignore the SE to oblivion. Or maybe it's not what you guys are trying so hard to paint.

Another issue I find confusing by definition is, reading the "SW" and "political sophistication" in one sentence. Yet "one man" controls their political affairs and I read how he is praised to the heavens. If the SW is as enlightened as one is wont to believe, one would expected the SW to be the drill zone for political aspirants. Unfortunately, it's just sheep mob mentality.

Furthermore, cult-following and core north are like synonyms so it's already clear to one why the powers that be would rather the north remains unenlightened for their political benefits.

It's possible that the core north do not trust the SE because they feel the SE cannot be controlled, which makes some sense in the political context; I'm still not clear what the average SWesterner's grouse is with the Igbos

What is the root cause of this ill feeling. Is there someone reasonable that can explain this to me once and for all please.

1.It is only some people who think SE is irrelevant....I don't (see my posts on this thread).

2.All regions are important. Some are more important than others. In 2015...it was the Middle Belt that was important...and PDP's failure to tidy up the middle belt is the most important reason behind their loss in 2015.

3.Far North does vote APC monolithically...though that does not explain Gombe state, some parts of Kaduna and even Adamawa. Plus...defections defections defections. The defections may play a role.

4.SW was a monolith....as far back as 99. Nowadays...they have one foot in and the other foot out. See the last election. Two south west states went to PDP...Lagos nearly fell to PDP....prolly Ogun, Oyo and Osun that are APC sure bankers.
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by Dynamique: 9:37am On Sep 21, 2018
Atiku will likely win the Primary.
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by nwatthu(m): 9:55am On Sep 21, 2018
I STAND WITH ATIKU
id4sho:
ATIKULATE is the most popular candidate but he won't sell like KWANKWASO in the north. I can attest to one thing, KWANKWASO is a core Grassroot politician with followers with his ideology. SARAKI is a stunt man with poor popularity .

In another News,
#BACKTODAURA
if you concur,
hit like.
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by Tareq1105: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2018
id4sho:
ATIKULATE is the most popular candidate but he won't sell like KWANKWASO in the north. I can attest to one thing, KWANKWASO is a core Grassroot politician with followers with his ideology. SARAKI is a stunt man with poor popularity .

In another News,
#BACKTODAURA
if you concur,
hit like.

Disaster is loading
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by portacabin: 10:01am On Sep 21, 2018
theoldpretender:

Very very interesting.

A very good VP from the South West is a game changer. What of Kwankwaso and Durotoye/Sowore ticket. We need to take away power from PMB and his horse by all means
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by Tareq1105: 10:01am On Sep 21, 2018
Akaujaa:
Its needless beating a dead dog. Atiku is PDP's presidential candidate. Take it to the bank.

Are you sure Wike and 2ndu would give him?

I ask bcoz they are, no doubt, the owners of PDP as we speak today.
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by Tareq1105: 10:03am On Sep 21, 2018
portacabin:
A very good VP from the South West is a game changer. What of Kwankwaso and Durotoye/Sowore ticket. We need to take away power from PMB and his horse by all means

There you go again........... take away....... by all means
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by duwdu: 10:10am On Sep 21, 2018
semyman:
After 2019 PDP this will be how you will come out

Savage. shockedgrinshocked

P34c3
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by KingRagnar: 10:45am On Sep 21, 2018
If they should prune the aspirants to 6, what will happen to the rest 7? There was bound to be commotion following the way PDP accepted candidates out of desperation, desperation to return to power, if they knew they were going to prune it down, they should not have accepted them in the first place. Lack of focus will cause PDP to lose this election, I tell you.
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by SimonMagau: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2018
tongue
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by Donelli: 10:57am On Sep 21, 2018
theoldpretender:

4.SW was a monolith....as far back as 99. Nowadays...they have one foot in and the other foot out. See the last election. Two south west states went to PDP...Lagos nearly fell to PDP....prolly Ogun, Oyo and Osun that are APC sure bankers.

The bolded only strengthens the argument in some quarters that the westerns are untrustworthy opportunists, no?

Even political interest is founded on principles, which we lack in this part of the world anyway.
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by AkupeMBANO(m): 11:12am On Sep 21, 2018
mknigeriagreat:
They are all thieves. Buhari is still better than most of them and more honourable. The only issue with him is that age is not on his side anymore. But we will keep praying to God to grant him sound health and give him the know how wisdom to rule us.
buhari is lifeless - Donald Trump
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by Musisco01(m): 11:20am On Sep 21, 2018
Hmmm! Confused party
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by omoharry(f): 11:26am On Sep 21, 2018
FBIL:

Choose Enugu as Venue for maximum security, and variety of hotels as well as neat environment.
Anything short of the above, my South East state, which in understand too well vote Buhari this time because Kwankwaso is another Buhari coming for 8 years, so why won't us endure another Buhari for 4 years?
And you believe Buhari, a Fulani man will actually give you guys the presidental ticked come ticket come 2023....well why dont he start that by dropiinf osibanjo and picking a candidate from the south east for a start.hahaha!!..nor worry, na wetin happen to Tinubu after the election go happen to the South East if they believe they can trust APC/Buhari for 2023 presidency..APC that lack integrity..have they ever done anything they promised to do?

Last year during the 2015 election Buhari wore the Igbo full attire and traveled to the South east region just to get their vote then after that what happened..his government was only for his northern people and treated the general south with so much disdain..trust APC and Buhari at your peril.APC is a deceitful party..just like PDP but thier own is worse because they are hypocrites..

Every ethnic group in this country is selfish and it is the reason for our continuous downfall..the Yoruba man does not care what happens to the Igbo man as long as he does not affect his tribe ..so is the Igbo man not interested in the kind of person they vote in as long as it will give them the opportunity to touch the seat of power.. Is it the Hausa/Fulani man who does not care if all other Nigerians are unjustly treated as long as they are the ones benefiting from the government and silence becomes their watch words..selfishness and self-centeredness is what will finally crumble this entity called Nigeria and the people within it.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by omoharry(f): 11:43am On Sep 21, 2018
revolt:
atleast theyre thieves including buhari himself.. Pls how did abacus loot nigeria? Via PTF...plsss who was the head of that parastatals? Buhari. If in this era of Google u still spew this rubbish of his integrity ure clearly esatz educationally. Atleast the other looters used the funds to build Nigerian successful businesses for a start I know atiku has been running Intel for over 25yrs and guess what? He didn't build it in the north. He is the only northerners I know that set up a major biz in the south. The rest also have businesses theyve ran in various capacities.......errrmmmm buhari was a minister of petroleum when 2.8 million got missing in 1978 and in 1983 he was head of state plus ptf chairman YET he can't boast of one share he bought tlkless of a business hes managed. And you magically think he can run a country. Atleast make una use common sense naw.
Do you know what..Due to the fact that majority of APC supporters are blind to the hardship, killings and unfair treatment toward some section of this country.then .I pray APC wins again so we will all be ready for a show down of hardship part 2..
I think we are cursed to always make the same mistake over and over again and too gullible to know what is good and bad for us..because of he shallow way we think these days. Nigerians truly deserve the kind of leader that we have except for some few .

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by rezy15(m): 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

If you believe that Atiku a Fulani man would implement restructuring, you must also believe that the potopoto Jews of Alaigbo are really from Isreal.
Atiku is no fulani man. Hes from a minority tribe in the north. Get ur facts right

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by ponti93(m): 2:21pm On Sep 21, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

The bolded is why the SW remains the Ace of Spades in Nigerian elections cos of its unpredictable voting pattern.

Make no mistake about 2019, the SW is voting Buhari and APC. Ask Fayose to tell you how far.

So, the SE is now ecstatic to vote for an Hausa Fulani candidate in PDP?
When they were calling others Hausa Fulani slaves for voting Buhari, commonsense was far from them at that time?

Funny clowns.
if i may ask... Assuming if the
SE decide to boycott the election.. What in your professional opinion will be the outcome
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 by Eponyeeboz: 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2018
ponti93:
if i may ask... Assuming if the
SE decide to boycott the election.. What in your professional opinion will be the outcome

Ipob boycotted last Anambra election. What difference did it make?

Even if only 3 people vote in the entire state, the election has been successful. It's on record that elections held and the person with the highest number of votes becomes the winner.

Let the remaining 3 million foolish people who refused to vote spend 5 years serving one person elected by 2 other people.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Four Killed, Many Injured As Ganduje Inaugurates Kano APC Executives / Intrigues That Made Oyetola, Other Governors Lose Second Term Bids / Atiku's Spokesperson, Daniel Bwala Visits President Tinubu In Abuja (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.