Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,420 members, 7,958,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:16 AM

The Holy Spirit, Our Helper- The Promise Fulfilled - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Spirit, Our Helper- The Promise Fulfilled (294 Views)

Holy Spirit, Our Senior Partner! / The Holyspirit, Our Helper / The Holy Spirit – Our Helper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Holy Spirit, Our Helper- The Promise Fulfilled by pressplay411(m): 9:23am On Sep 21, 2018
Proceesing Word Of The Season

Heavenly Father, we come before you to declare of your Glory, your Majesty and Your Great works.
We thank You for What You have Done, for What You are Doing and For What You will Do in our Lives today and hence forth, Be Thou exalted Oh Lord In Jesus name.
We come before Your Throne of Grace to receive Your Proceeding Word, our Daily Bread today, Heavenly Father, Feed Us, Feed Us with Your Living Bread, that we may not be hungry again in Jesus name.
Open our eyes of Understanding, to see Your Glory today in Jesus name.
We thank You for we know that you have heard us.
In Jesus name, we have prayed.
Amen.
Re: The Holy Spirit, Our Helper- The Promise Fulfilled by pressplay411(m): 9:24am On Sep 21, 2018
Perhaps the most controversial doctrine in the Body of Christ, is the doctrine of the Holy Spirit.
It is the one doctrine that has often led to disagreement within the church and it is the primary reason for so many church denominations in the world.

But why? How come?
Why can the Body of Christ not agree on the Doctrine of the Holy Spirit?
Why is there difference in the interpretation of the scriptures whenever the Holy Spirit is mentioned.

Why is there disagreement over Speaking in Tongues? Praying in the Spirit?
Diversities of the Gifts of the Spirit?

I urge us to empty our vessels, as we let God Himself give us His Understanding.
The Word of God, our Bible is inspired by the HolySpirit, let us let Him and Only Him, Give Us His Interpretation and Understanding.
I pray for Grace of Utterance and Grace of Understanding upon us all in Jesus name.
Amen.
Re: The Holy Spirit, Our Helper- The Promise Fulfilled by pressplay411(m): 9:24am On Sep 21, 2018
*The Holy Spirit, Our Helper- The Promise Fulfilled.*
John 16

1 These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to stumble.
2 They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service.
3 And these things they will do to you because they have not known the Father nor Me.
4 But these things I have told you, that when the time comes, you may remember that I told you of them.

“And these things I did not say to you at the beginning, because I was with you."

*The Work of the Holy Spirit*
5 “But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’
6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the *Helper* will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

8 And when He has come, He will *convict the world of sin*, and of *righteousness*, and of *judgment*:
9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

12 “I still have many things to say to you, *but you cannot bear them now.*
13 However, when He, the *Spirit of truth*, has come, He will *guide you into all truth*; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and *He will tell you things to come.*
14 He will *glorify Me*, for He will *take of what is Mine and declare it to you.*
15 *All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.*
Re: The Holy Spirit, Our Helper- The Promise Fulfilled by pressplay411(m): 9:25am On Sep 21, 2018
We will start with the Manifestation of the Holyspirit as the Gift of Tongues.
The Gift of Tongues is a Mystery revealed and given only by the Holy Spirit.
Remember, we walk not by sight but by Faith.

What is Faith: Hebrew 11:1, Mark 11:24, John 11:40

Faith: Believing is Seeing and then Receiving.

Believe it is real first, then you will begin to see it is real. Only then can you receive and claim it.
Re: The Holy Spirit, Our Helper- The Promise Fulfilled by pressplay411(m): 9:29am On Sep 21, 2018
*Mystery of Tongues-*

Mystery: What is beyond human reasoning. What is beyond the understanding of the 5 senses.
It is given by the Holyspirit.

*Access to Mysteries is by;*
-Leading of Holy Spirit
-Rhema
-Praying in Spirit.

*Tongues references;*
-Origin of one tongue:
Genesis 11:1
Now the whole earth had one language and one speech.

-Origin of different world languages (tongues) for confusion/disunity- Tower of Babel.
Genesis 11:6-8
6 And the Lord said, “Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them. 7 Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.” 8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they ceased building the city.

Pentecost: All the world languages (tongues) manifested for agreement/unity in one accord.
Acts 2:4-6
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven. 6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language.

Tongues: It is a Supernatural phenomenon.

*Kinds (And Reasons) of Tongues:*
-Known Tongues Of Men:
This is for signs to unbelievers for evangelism.
Acts 2:7-8
7 Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born?

Known tongues of men is not to believers, Prophecy is to believers.
1 Corinthians 14:22
22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe.

-Unknown Tongues of Angels:
This is for Believers. We are releasing Angels, activating Angels to go to work.
1 Corinthians 13:1
Though I speak with the *tongues of men and of angels*, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbals.

Unknown Tongues is not to men but to God. No one understands this.
1 Corinthians 14:2
For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
Re: The Holy Spirit, Our Helper- The Promise Fulfilled by pressplay411(m): 9:30am On Sep 21, 2018
Why is Speaking in tongues important?
It is the gift of the Holy Spirit for our Edification as individuals and as the Body of Christ.

Christianity without manifestation of the HolySpirit is like driving a sport car that runs 250mph on a 50mph speed limit road.

May the Holy Spirit give is more Grace, Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding as we surrender to Him today in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: The Holy Spirit, Our Helper- The Promise Fulfilled by pressplay411(m): 9:30am On Sep 21, 2018
The HolySpirit is God's Promise to Abraham fulfilled, also the Promise of Christ fulfilled in our lives.
He is the All-encompassing Blessing.
He is the Multipurpose Blessing that supplies all blessings.
He is the Spiritual Blessing that activates every blessing we need. Blessings of;

Salvation
Deliverance
Liberty
Transformation
Restoration
Protection
Good Health
Favours
Prosperity
Long life
Eternal life
And every blessing we could ever need.

We are so blessed to have Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour endure all the Long sufferings, die and resurrect in order to release and provide the Grace of the Holy Spirit into our lives.

Can we ever repay Him?
We could never earn it?
We could never deserve it?
Yet He gave it to us *For Free*

*What are we? That God is so mindful of us*

Let us acknowledge this God. Let us Serve Him, Obey Him, Worship Him and Love Him with all our Hearts, with all our Spirit, Soul and Body.

He and only He is worthy of our Time, Resources, Praise, Reverence, Fear, Adoration and all our Love.

May the Amazing Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Love of the Most High God and the Fellowship of the Precious Holy Spirit be with us now and for ever more Amen.
Re: The Holy Spirit, Our Helper- The Promise Fulfilled by pressplay411(m): 9:32am On Sep 21, 2018
I saw this somewhere and it is everything we need to know about the Holy Spirit.

Topic: THE GRACE OF GOD

Bible Text
Ephesians 2: 8
‘ By grace are you saved through faith and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God’
Grace simply is the Love of God shown to the unlovely; the peace of God given to the restless; the unmerited favor of God. It is the most important concept in the Bible, Christianity and the world in fact. J. Gresham Machen puts it this way; “The very center and core of the whole bible is the doctrine of the grace of God’’ , and indeed he couldn’t have said it better. Grace is about a loving father, His un-coerced initiative and persistent extravagant demonstration of care and favor. For in grace, God gave us nothing less than Himself through His son.
Grace is Mercy, not Merit. Grace is the opposite of Karma. Grace is not reaping what you sow, it’s getting what you don’t deserve and not getting what you do deserve! Grace is not only connected to our salvation; indeed, our entire Christian walk is fueled by the Grace of God. For We can do nothing in him or for him that doesn’t ultimately come from his grace. The Bible says, “For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him” (Philippians 2:13 NLT) . Ultimately, Grace is most needed and best understood in the midst of sin, suffering and brokenness and its benefits are many.
For it is by grace that we are; Saved (Eph 2:8-9) , Forgiven (Is 43:25) , Sustained
(Philippians 2:13) , Healed (Psalm 147:3) , Liberated (Matthew 11:28-30) , Transformed
(Rom 12:2) , Matured (2 Pet 3:18) , Given Ability
(Romans 12:6) and Fulfill Purpose (Eph 3:7) to mention a few. God’s grace is real, powerful and ever present in our lives. One may then wonder; how can I receive this Grace in my life? God’s grace is entirely wrapped up in one person: Jesus Christ and only through him can we partake and receive of this grace freely; If only we let him in.
Application
Study and meditate on scriptures concerning God’s grace to fully understand the measure and dimension of Grace bestowed on us. Confess continuously and walk confidently in God’s grace.

Prayer Points
Lord I thank you that you have justified me freely by your grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. Eph 2:8
Lord I thank you that sin is no longer my master because I am no longer under the law but under grace. Rom 6:14
Lord, I thank you that from your fullness I have received grace upon grace. John 1:16

Confessions.
I confess that I am a partaker of the Grace of God through Christ Jesus.
I confess that sin is no longer my master because I am no longer under the law but under grace. Therefore, I can approach the throne of grace with confidence to receive mercy and to find grace in my time of need.
Re: The Holy Spirit, Our Helper- The Promise Fulfilled by pressplay411(m): 11:41am On Sep 22, 2018
The Grace of God, according to the scriptures is simply what Jesus Christ came to die, that we may have.

The Grace of God is the Spirit of God.
The Grace of God is the *Holy Spirit.*

Submitting, Surrendering and Yielding to the leading of the Holy Spirit as He directs us to Trust and Obey the Word of God.
-As He Convicts us of Sin- To stop doing wrong, stop our disobedience.

-As we convicts us of Rigteousness- To do what is right, to obey.

As He convicts us of Judgment- Knowing and choosing right from wrong always.

God help us all.
May we all receive this Good Seed into a Good and Fertile Soil of our Hearts in Jesus name. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

You Were Created To Praise Him / Forces Behind Generational Flows (3) - Deuteronomy 5:9-10 / A Message To All Preachers, Church Leaders And Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.