Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo (15762 Views)

Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock / 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock / Nigeria Overtakes India As Number 1 In World's Poverty Rating - Brookings Instit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by lexy2014: 8:50am On Sep 22, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Oil was actually sold at $130 per barrel during the last administration and it dropped to $25 per barrel when buhari came in due to erratic oils supply worldwide.

When the past government could not do anything tangible when oil.prices were $130 pb they are noe hounding buhari to perform magic with oil prices at $25 when he came despite them still being unable to save when the price was high and left him with debt burdens and a severely depleted foreign reserve and also leaving him with 30 bankrupted States who were no longer able to pay salaries.

Now PMB earns far less on oil yet has never borrowed to pay salaries unlike the past administration and has largely paid off most of the debt the other administration left for him even with less.

Imagine GEJ making as much as $398b from crude yet with nothing to show for it and pmb making $94b from crude yet has outperformed GEJ fair and square in all areas.

Only Igbos seem to think otherwise because they are yet to recover from 2015

Pls what system of govt does Nigeria run? Is d president of d federal republic of Nigeria responsible 4 how states are run&in how they manage their finances?

When making claims about performance, u should b able 2 provide d indices or criteria with which u used 2 measure performance. Second, what is d yardstick 4 determining if buhari has failed or succeeded? Is Jonathan d critrria? Cause I don't understand this obsession with Jonathan
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Blessingpaul(f): 8:51am On Sep 22, 2018
Get two times of your investment within 12 hours. Use the link below to get started.
https://www.12naira.com/home/index.php?id=&rank=0
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Man2utd(m): 8:52am On Sep 22, 2018
The day we change our approach from why to What, then everything changes.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by YorubaEmir: 8:59am On Sep 22, 2018
hisgrace090:
Let's call a spade a spade.

Handing over an empty account to buhari by a govt that sold crude oil at 145 dollars per barrel when crude oil falls down to 28 dollars to me is a great crime by the past administration.
And Buhari was voted in to right the wrongs of the past administration or to continue blaming them just as you just did?
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 22, 2018
Edoblakky:

The present administration was voted in to right the wrongs of the past but they seem stuck to the past. This is the way I expect progress minded Nigerians to reason and not to hail failed leaders. The past leaders failed us and the present leaders have also failed us.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 22, 2018
buhariguy:
What kind of report is this?
The op is mischievous.
The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist said we should not blame the past, but they are blaming the present.
The poorest people that never touched 2,000 naira before are be paid 5,000 naira every month.
From 112m poor people in 2014 to 87m in 2016 and to 82m in 2017.
You are really really confused.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by YorubaEmir: 9:01am On Sep 22, 2018
tongue
buhariguy:
The op is mischievous.
The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist said we should not blame the past, but they are blaming the present.
The poorest people that never touched 2,000 naira before are be paid 5,000 naira every month.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Butterflyleo: 9:05am On Sep 22, 2018
Edoblakky:

OBJ left in 2007 and GEJ left in 2015. How that became 4 years by your estimation boggles my mind.
I do not defend anyone but I know for sure that the current handlers of Nigeria are completely inept and bereft of economic ideas to move the country forward hence, they resort to blaming the past administration. I thought the last administration was kicked out because things were bad. The present administration was voted in to right the wrongs of the past but they seem stuck to the past. This is the way I expect progress minded Nigerians to reason and not to hail failed leaders. The past leaders failed us and the present leaders have also failed us.

How long was yaradua President for before he died?

If you can answer this question then you would realise how meaningless what you just typed is.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by OyinO: 9:05am On Sep 22, 2018
hisgrace090:
Let's call a spade a spade.

Handing over an empty account to buhari by a govt that sold crude oil at 145 dollars per barrel when crude oil falls down to 28 dollars to me is a great crime by the past administration.
What of all the million barrels per day of crude oil and natural gas that is sold everyday from 2015 till now with Buhari as president? Next empty point pls.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by OyinO: 9:09am On Sep 22, 2018
Nbote:

Oh shut up already!!! What nonsense are U talking about?? Dey met empty account ?? Are U dat dumb? D very first thing dey did was pay billions of dollars as bailout to state governments, was it from their personal wallet dey got it from?? Wen some of una no even begin use una head sef

Oga even U know dat ur sense isn't complete with dis ur statement.. U claim d last administration left states bankrupt?? And PMB paid off most of d debt of d past administration?? If not dat ur sense isn't complete how did someone who u claim earns less pay d number of tranches of bailout to states so far and cleared debts while earning less while accumulating trillions in dollars as debts at d same time?? Seriously d lies some of U tell to make urselves look gud is becoming irritating
He is a stark illiterate, calling him oga is lending and wearing a pig coat and tie. You will collect your coat in the pool of gutter water. Kudos for placing the illiterate where he rightly belongs.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 22, 2018
deantimes:

Source: https://www.ngpolitics.com/nigeria-poverty-headquarters-keyamo/

Keyamo has sold his soul to the devil, at a very cheap price.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by grandstar(m): 9:22am On Sep 22, 2018
What he wrote is utter nonsense and any economist worth his sale will disagree and disprove.

The primary cause of the economy collapse and severe recession was the senseless and inexcusable pegging of the Naira at 197 to a $1 upon assumption of office.

Since the government did not have enough forex to back up this rate, severe scarcity of foreign followed

This lack of Fx led to the collapse of industries and companies, with led to mass sackings which eventually led to the recession.

OBJ assumed office after the extreme corrupt years of the babangida and Abacha years.. Why didn't a recession follow? Because he made the right decisions.

The pegging of the exchange was the elephant in the room. Utomi, Siludo and importantly Sanusi were unrelenting in condemning the peg.

Countries globally have fled from pegging their currencies. He also has to no right to hijack the Central Bank which is a semi autonomous institution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by WOCKHARDI(m): 9:22am On Sep 22, 2018
Oga Keyamo, please do me a favor: SHUT UP! AND GERRARA HERE. You irritate. See your fat cheeks like a toad's.
In case you don't know, the question is: Under whose watch did Nigeria attain this status?
Oh you forgot to say that we should give your paymaster more time (another four years) to clean the mess.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by emmie14: 9:25am On Sep 22, 2018
buhariguy:
The op is mischievous.
It shall never be with those who kept you you and idiotic pigs in one nation. Sorry to share one international identity with idiotic pigs . International communities will also mistake you from idiotic pigs . You and idiotic pigs same same. Same president same country with Abuja your capital with pigs.shame.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by AngelicBeing: 9:28am On Sep 22, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
Someone above me said that Buhari Is A Decorated Fool.

Chai! E touch my soul shocked embarassed cry
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Splashme: 9:37am On Sep 22, 2018
lamidex:
Buhari is a decorated fool. See what you have cause now.

Daura straight comes 2019
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Fitbillionairep: 9:52am On Sep 22, 2018
you idiots should stop this povrty this poverty that with nigeria. nigeria is not poorer than sudan or myamar
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by grandstar(m): 9:57am On Sep 22, 2018
Nbote:

Oh shut up already!!! What nonsense are U talking about?? Dey met empty account ?? Are U dat dumb? D very first thing dey did was pay billions of dollars as bailout to state governments, was it from their personal wallet dey got it from?? Wen some of una no even begin use una head sef

Oga even U know dat ur sense isn't complete with dis ur statement.. U claim d last administration left states bankrupt?? And PMB paid off most of d debt of d past administration?? If not dat ur sense isn't complete how did someone who u claim earns less pay d number of tranches of bailout to states so far and cleared debts while earning less while accumulating trillions in dollars as debts at d same time?? Seriously d lies some of U tell to make urselves look gud is becoming irritating

An empty treasure would not lead to a recession. OBJ took over from the from extremely corrupt governments that had looted the country blind from 1985 to 1999 and yet did not complain nor did the economy enter into a recession for the simple reason he took wise economic advise.

The primary reason the economy collapsed was the senseless pegging of the Naira at 197 to $1 upon PMB assumption of office. Prior to that, the country practiced a floating exchange rate, where the currency can rise and fall due to the forces of demand and supp

Since the government could not defend the rate meaning it could not meet the demand for forex, a severe scarcity of Fx emerged.

This scarcity of forex led to the collapse of lots of companies and a sacking galore. This led to a recession.

Utomi, Siludo, Sanusi all condemned the peg and urge him to return to a floating exchange rate.

Despite brazen evidence that the peg wasn't working, he stuck to his guns for more than a year. Eventually partial floating was done in mid 2016 and further liberalisation occurred in late 2016 when the CBN started ploughing larger amounts into the forex maeket

S

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by grandstar(m): 10:04am On Sep 22, 2018
NairaMaster1:

You lack conscience.

Can 5k last you and your family for 3 days? Can you call yourself rich with that?

Check the WHO definition of poverty and convert 5k to dollar and divide it by a nuclear family.

Why not use that money to revamp the Kaduna textiles and PAN as promised? The poor people will benefit from that rather than buying the 2019 vote with 5k.

Revamping white elephants??
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Nbote(m): 10:29am On Sep 22, 2018
grandstar:

An empty treasure would not lead to a recession. OBJ took over from the from extremely corrupt governments that had looted the country blind from 1985 to 1999 and yet did not complain nor did the economy enter into a recession for the simple reason he took wise economic advise.

The primary reason the economy collapsed was the senseless pegging of the Naira at 197 to $1 upon PMB assumption of office. Prior to that, the country practiced a floating exchange rate, where the currency can rise and fall due to the forces of demand and supp

Since the government could not defend the rate meaning it could not meet the demand for forex, a severe scarcity of Fx emerged.

This scarcity of forex led to the collapse of lots of companies and a sacking galore. This led to a recession.

Utomi, Siludo, Sanusi all condemned the peg and urge him to return to a floating exchange rate.

Despite brazen evidence that the peg wasn't working, he stuck to his guns for more than a year. Eventually partial floating was done in mid 2016 and further liberalisation occurred in late 2016 when the CBN started ploughing larger amounts into the forex maeket

S

We all know dat na... Only ediots don't.. PMB cataclysmic policies ruined d naira and d economy.. I was responding to d slowpoke who commented earlier
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by deebrownneymar: 10:49am On Sep 22, 2018
Give APC 100 years they will keep massively looting and not perform, and trust them to blame PDP and especially GEJ. Lol.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by KETTLEWATER: 11:04am On Sep 22, 2018
I tot this guy was brilliant.....let him visit the Ports

Let his see the volume of FDI

Ask him to read the current editions of Wall Street Journal, Economist etc and he would see that he joined a wrong government

When you see your President, ask him the difference between GDP and APC

Rubbish
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by KETTLEWATER: 11:05am On Sep 22, 2018
I tot this guy was brilliant.....let him visit the Ports, all empty

Let his see the volume of FDI.....downward slope since APC came to power

Ask him to read the current editions of Wall Street Journal, Economist etc and he would see that he joined a wrong government

When you see your President, ask him the difference between GDP and APC

Rubbish
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by FarahAideed: 11:12am On Sep 22, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I am sure Buhari is Also responsible for you being born a rètard as well or he is also responsible too for your mum getting married to your dad right?

I don't know what has put you up to this but you can do better than support that useless tyrant called Buhari ... Wetin you or any of your family member don gain from Buhari governance ? Nothing man ...
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Butterflyleo: 11:18am On Sep 22, 2018
FarahAideed:

I don't know what has put you up to this but you can do better than support that useless tyrant called Buhari ... Wetin you or any of your family member don gain from Buhari governance ? Nothing man ...

You are asking me and still answering for me. Do you see why I said you are frustrated?
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by FRANKOSKI(m): 11:21am On Sep 22, 2018
BETNAIJA AND BABA IJEBU CHAAAAAI!
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by FarahAideed: 11:33am On Sep 22, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You are asking me and still answering for me. Do you see why I said you are frustrated?

I have never hidden the fact that Buhari govt makes me very unhappy likewise 100 million other Nigerians including you and many members of your family oga
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Butterflyleo: 11:39am On Sep 22, 2018
FarahAideed:

I have never hidden the fact that Buhari govt makes me very unhappy likewise 100 million other Nigerians including you and many members of your family oga

Lmao still talking for me. Your depression is lit grin
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Truth4eva: 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2018
Firefire:

Honestly, Buhary is a good man with bad intentions. embarassed
Chai! It's finished.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by donb06: 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2018
NairaMaster1:

You lack conscience.

Can 5k last you and your family for 3 days? Can you call yourself rich with that?

Check the WHO definition of poverty and convert 5k to dollar and divide it by a nuclear family.

Why not use that money to revamp the Kaduna textiles and PAN as promised? The poor people will benefit from that rather than buying the 2019 vote with 5k.
the fuul no know say wetin 2000 go buy in 2014, 5000 naira can't buy in 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by twerkjack: 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2018
And they are still avoiding increasing minimum wage..... God punish Chris Ngige angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo/ondo: INEC Petitions NBA Over Conflicting Orders By Courts / APC Presidential Primary: Osinbajo Lands In Zamfara, To Meet APC Delegates / Badaru: Northern Govs’ Position On Power Shift To South Subject To Buhari’s Nod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.