Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k (22961 Views)

UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him / Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) / 'I Left My Last Job Because My Boss Put His Hands On A Female Employee' - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by menacity(m): 10:05am On Sep 22, 2018
Bigval5:
Do you use glo? See my signature N100 for 5gig and N200 for 10gig

Glo that cant browse well even in Glo office sef.anyway how much?
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by david22uu(m): 10:16am On Sep 22, 2018
Some 50k job are far better than 300k job. I remember last year as a jamb center cordinator.... I was to be paid 40k for the duration of 6 weeks... the owner laffed when I said it's an insult to my status ... but she said ... you will never regret it... I accepted and the least I made for 4 her working daily was 16k...
No bribe all were money that were given legally... so that guy know what he his doing.... his colleague no dey see well
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by tolani4real: 10:19am On Sep 22, 2018
Letenwam:
A Twitter user @Kyaqy took to the platform, to disclose how a Nigerian man turned down a 200k job because he loves his current job that pays him 50K.

According to the Twitter user, the Nigerian man who turned down the 200k job claimed that the job he is currently on is all he dreamt and his gathering experience.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-man-turns-down-a-200k-job-because-he-loves-his-job-of-50k/

Nollywood story...........lies
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 22, 2018
NuclearWeapon:
Twitter people have started o. Oga leave passion for LAWMA. I smell Tom Ford in his lies. . grin
It is true bro.
A friend of mine rejected a job of 817k in Saud from expro because he doesn't like staying at the factory.

This one is in my presence.
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by ogakizito(m): 11:13am On Sep 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by Thenextgen: 11:34am On Sep 22, 2018
whether he turned it down or not. there's nothing as good as doing something you love.
you can hardly get tired of it trust me
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by Betterchoice: 11:36am On Sep 22, 2018
david22uu:
Some 50k job are far better than 300k job. I remember last year as a jamb center cordinator.... I was to be paid 40k for the duration of 6 weeks... the owner laffed when I said it's an insult to my status ... but she said ... you will never regret it... I accepted and the least I made for 4 her working daily was 16k...
No bribe all were money that were given legally... so that guy know what he his doing.... his colleague no dey see well

Given legally how?
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by david22uu(m): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2018
Betterchoice:

Given legally how?

i wan paid 150 by the bank on each e pin sold as the co - ordinator.. so if i coordinate the place well, more candidates come to register... and hence all parties make more profit.. i did nufting less than 400 reg per day
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by dominique(f): 11:55am On Sep 22, 2018
ogakizito:

Pls Spy your mail

Yeah I've seen it. Thought I replied you last night but it got stored in drafts instead. Replied now
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by Martinez19(m): 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2018
itiswellandwell:
Very possible. There are some experience money can never buy. Let him be done with gaining the experience, he can make x40 of that 200k in just a month. When it comes to some situations in life, money isn't everything. Sadly, Indomie generations won't understand.
Gbam! People are too blinded by money that it's impossible to make them see the big picture.
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by Betterchoice: 12:36pm On Sep 22, 2018
david22uu:

i wan paid 150 by the bank on each e pin sold as the co - ordinator.. so if i coordinate the place well, more candidates come to register... and hence all parties make more profit.. i did nufting less than 400 reg per day
Chai.

Cool stuff...
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by princenaira(m): 12:38pm On Sep 22, 2018
uniqueboi:
Which kind mumu 50k experience be that now? Imagine how village people dae romance person destiny o.

I once left a 100K job for a 65K job because of the experience intended to acquire in the new profession. Today, I am a CEO and and now consult for my former company and others in millions of naira. The new experience and opportunity quickened my steps to being an employee of labour.

He could also have left the job for peace of mind among other reasons. He knows better, let no one judge him

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by Bekermann(m): 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2018
tripplephi:
SALARY IS THE BRIBE YOU ARE PAID TO FORGET ABOUT YOUR DREAMS while PENSION is the commission for your NIGHTMARE

he is very wise.... BUT he should know when to move.
Sense wee nor kee you mai bro.
Thumbs up...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by david22uu(m): 1:38pm On Sep 22, 2018
Betterchoice:

Chai.

Cool stuff...
After paying some to the owner.. I keep my 30percent
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by EMMYMOG: 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2018
May be he had consulted an astrologer bt better still, VILLAGE PEOPLE IN ACTION!!!
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2018
kingkakaone:

It is true bro.
A friend of mine rejected a job of 817k in Saud from expro because he doesn't like staying at the factory.

This one is in my presence.

Ewoh! Eight hundred and seventeen thousand just wasted like that. Bros, abeg link me na. grin
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by ejosh4(m): 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2018
ogakizito:

Pls Spy your mail
A friend saw your post and will like to speak with u... cud I get ur digits?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by Exoclassic: 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2018
xbernardx:
From personal experience, never accept a job just because of the pay, consider your dreams and the opportunity such job will offer

I have worked in a place were people are not promoted for over 8 years, neither any increment in salary

Such jobs give you no room to grow your career, at the end of the day, half the salary is spent on recuperating from the ills of the job
let me cite an example...olam nigeria limited sesame plant, shagamu...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by ogakizito(m): 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2018
ejosh4:

A friend saw your post and will like to speak with u... cud I get ur digits?

Check your email
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 22, 2018
NuclearWeapon:

Ewoh! Eight hundred and seventeen thousand just wasted like that. Bros, abeg link me na. grin
He works offshores Sha.
His reason was that he doesn't want to sit in workshop maintaining equipment. (he was to be recruited as maintenance engineer).

He likes d field work which he said pays him 10k daily when he's offshores plus his normal salary.

He's still young without wife and kids Sha. 20+years.

BTW, did u study mechanical or electrical engineering?
They both sell here in PH.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by Rhea(f): 3:33am On Sep 23, 2018
Letenwam:
A Twitter user @Kyaqy took to the platform, to disclose how a Nigerian man turned down a 200k job because he loves his current job that pays him 50K.

According to the Twitter user, the Nigerian man who turned down the 200k job claimed that the job he is currently on is all he dreamt and his gathering experience.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-man-turns-down-a-200k-job-because-he-loves-his-job-of-50k/

More money more problems
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by Obdk: 6:52am On Sep 23, 2018
CanineOfJackal:
Who told you he is getting experience?

The guy is hitting it big on "runs" the amount he takes home everyday from deals will make that 200k job look like LAWMA work

I know of a guy that works with an importation firm and his job is in logistics section where he mobilize transportation for their containers. The guy gets 30k from every truck he uses for the company and he brings in truck to move their containers twice a week.

His salary is 40k and the guy has a building he is about to finish in Agbara axis

Dont mind gullible people. Wen i was doing IT company paid 5k per month but somedays i go home with 50k

If u kno u kno
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by frozen70(f): 10:02am On Sep 23, 2018
There is no truth in that

Who wouldn't want to take a job that is X4 of your pay pack in this naija wey things hard

If so he doesn't want to aspire he can remain there

Anyway that's his choice
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by NDakota: 11:15am On Sep 23, 2018
Most people are quick to insult the young man.

Why?

They think money will forever cure their poverty.
They think money can be equated to fulfillment.

How clannish people can be!

There is something called contentment.
There is something called fulfillment.
There is something called happiness.

Money can't buy any of those.
Money in an organization that gives you heart burns is nothing but misery.

Contentment is the first condition for happiness. Stay where you can laugh and make merry, not where you will be hailed by friends for having a fat paycheck. Live for yourself first!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by Zayncom: 11:41am On Sep 23, 2018
Oktane:
I interviewed a lady once. She applied for a job that was reposted on Nairaland. The offer was for 200k.

She turned it down saying she prefers to remain a teacher. Her pay by then was just about 40k but she's says that the fulfillment she gets from teaching she may not be able to get it in any other profession.

So these things do happen.
Hello sir, you tried to email me, can you contact me through the WhatsApp number on my signature? Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2018
Never let money seduce you into doing what you don't love because you will be depressed for life, speaking out of experience
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by Singleslife: 9:27am On Sep 26, 2018
It depends on what you badly need at that moment ooo.
If it's money, the 200k or the experience at the other end by going for the 50k job. And who says you can't get the experience in the 200k.

Well like I said it's relative to the situation at hand at that particular point in time.

At times people do things also for job security. If he feels his job is more secured with the company offering 50k than with the company offering 200k. He will surely stick with the 50k job.
Re: Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k by abiodunmartklef(m): 6:16pm On Apr 10, 2019
grin grin grin twitter you say what abeg this lie is strong

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Newly Promoted 78 Senior Officer Of The Nigerian Navy (see Names) / Konga Lays Off 10% Of Its Staff / "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.