Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

The Other Side To Life - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Other Side To Life (399 Views)

Drama As Dead Woman Reportedly Comes Back To Life In Mortuary [VIDEO] / When Should One Put End To Life? / Shocking !! As A Meme Came To Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Other Side To Life by OGBENIIFE: 7:19am On Sep 22, 2018
The Other Side to Life

The meeting is a movie that exposes certain issues associated with bureaucracies within the Nigerian system. It would seem that the movie is a mere fantasy until these things happen to you. That day, you will regret the fact that you are born in this Country. You will curse our leaders; the ones ruling us since time immemorial. You will blame yourself for the crimes of others. In fact you will be forced to think that this Country has gone worse and even beyond repair.
This brings to the mind the experience of myself and some of my friends in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. As young and aspiring youth corp members, we were self motivated. We drew inspiration not from daily doses of Indian hemp but from the energy still bustling in us.
We wanted to create an innovation, something incredible from youth Corpers. We wanted to get our names written in the very good books. We wanted to be one of those that history will perhaps look kind upon. So, we started with the 25th edition of the creation of Akwa Ibom State. We unveiled a logo and a banner in commemoration of the event. But because our source of inspiration lies not in the canal things, we spent so much in getting some of these things done, including our time and money. At the end we erected the banners. We went further by writing letters to the Governor.
We wanted to communicate certain ideas to the Governor. The ideas are meant to reposition the State for the better. So, we wrote letters. It's been one year since that time and I have a cause to thank God for bringing me back to my homestate. Whatever that means, it would later turn out that our letters either did not get to the Governor or it didn't matter to the Governor.
At some point, we soft pedalled. We went back to the drawing board as we deviced means to meet with certain commissioners or appointees.
Fast forward to years after, this same predicament followed me to Akure and to my alma matter precisely. I was to collect a copy of my certificate for certain productive reasons. Unfortunately, bureaucracies has to be followed even to the letter.
If I am not enlightened, I would have assumed that my village people were at work. Things got 'clumpsy' and complicated. It got to a stage when everyday, the chances of getting my result within that time frame became slim.
Life became difficult. And in spite of certain influences. My files travelled from one office to another in an unimaginable pace. At the end, I spent over seven business days getting the required signatures for my clearance form. Something that should otherwise take two to four business days. I had to abandon the things that I was meant to do all in a bid to obtain my certificate. The experience was challenging. I was frustrated. I cursed and swore silently under my breath.
I realised unfortunately that life as a Nigerian is the worst that one can imagine for themselves...If this Country has to work, it has to start with efficiency. It has to start with individuals performing their duties duly, in whatever capacity that they find themselves.
The fact that money must change hands for these bureaucracies to be fulfilled puts a dent on real intentions for establishing them.
I have thus seen another dimension to life and Nigeria is in fact the other dimension.

IFEOLUWA ORIMOLOYE
Re: The Other Side To Life by youngest85(m): 7:20am On Sep 22, 2018
V

(1) (Reply)

Yung Skybee Pleads All Nigeria To Vote Him In As The Winner Of Fadson Award. / If I Lend You 1k To Play Lottery And You Win 2million... How Much Will You Giv / My Signature Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.