Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

NYSC: My Case Is Different From Kemi Adeosun’s – Shittu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NYSC: My Case Is Different From Kemi Adeosun’s – Shittu (304 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad / NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC: My Case Is Different From Kemi Adeosun’s – Shittu by 3Ebisco: 7:21am On Sep 22, 2018
The Minister of Communications, Adabayo Shittu, has said that he has no case to answer, for not participating in the mandatory one year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme.

He argued that his case is different from that of the former Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun.

Shittu, who spoke to journalists on Friday shortly after undergoing the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship screening exercise in Abuja, insisted he had not broken any law.

He has been accused of not participating in the NYSC scheme as required by law, even though he graduated from the University before the age of 30, when he would have been qualified for exemption.

According to Shittu, whereas that of Adeosun was the presentation of a fake exemption certificate, the Minister said he didn’t even obtain any certificate.

He said: “I left (University) in 1978 and left law school in 1979 and the constitution says anyone who qualifies to contest an election or who has gone through an election and wins, he is obligated to move through the House of Assembly which I did for four years, so it is a form of higher service as far as I’m concerned, and even now, I am still in service.”

On whether he agrees that he has violated the provisions of the NYSC Act, the Minister said, “I don’t see… and I’m not worried. Do you see any worry on my face? I don’t think so, except someone has a superior argument and prove it.”

Stressing that his case was not like that of Adeosun, Shittu said: “There is a world of difference. Unfortunately, Kemi had a fake certificate, I didn’t present any. I didn’t have one; I simply followed the constitutional requirement that if you are qualified to contest an election, it is compulsory for you to serve the nation in the capacity that you won an election.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/nysc-my-case-is-different-from-kemi.html

Re: NYSC: My Case Is Different From Kemi Adeosun’s – Shittu by ND1243: 7:28am On Sep 22, 2018
Re: NYSC: My Case Is Different From Kemi Adeosun’s – Shittu by TheOdd1sOut: 7:35am On Sep 22, 2018
who are these people accusing these ministers

let them come out so that we can see them.

that was how they pursued that good minister.

now she's a part of the biggest bank in Africa.

The same rascals pursued Sanusi while he was still in the CBN..

they're just digging into the past of the good people, forcing them to bail out of politics

it is a very dirty game indeed

not for the faint hearted
Re: NYSC: My Case Is Different From Kemi Adeosun’s – Shittu by Joshmodest(m): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2018
There's a lacuna somewhere in the law , that allows exemption of NYSC certificate,that we the general public are unaware of, and kemi adeosun's case is an issue of forgery ....which makes it totally two different case's....at the end of the day and the dead of the night, this guy is going to be freed of the allegations..cos he speaks with so much boldness like he knows what he is doing!
Re: NYSC: My Case Is Different From Kemi Adeosun’s – Shittu by Bitterleafsoup: 8:43am On Sep 22, 2018
None of them are qualified. If they were the country would not be a disaster.
Look at his mouth 1979 ..
You have served us nonsense for decades.

(1) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Launches Trader Money Scheme In Imo State / The Fools That Belive Nigerians Are Fools / Nigerian Economy May Soon Slip Back Into Recession, CBN Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.