Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,205 members, 7,815,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate (17240 Views)

Police Forcefully Evict Magodo Estate Residents Over Supreme Court Judgement / Oyan Dam Release: Lagos Alerts Residents Over Flood. / Army Raids Imo Communities, Arrests Youths, Residents Over IPOB, ESN Membership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by GlobalGisting(m): 7:43am On Sep 23, 2018
sagitariusbaby:
This news is misleading, the part of Benin where my parent stay and many other parts is free of such petty crimes. Nigeria as a whole isn't safe, too many crimes are being perpetrated daily across the country, it's not peculiar with Benin

That they are safe now does not make the message mislead anyone. Is it when they are finally attacked that you agree with the OP?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 23, 2018
Not only Benin my guy. Crimes has increased all over Nigeria since the present government took over. Too much hunger and the ppl are angry. They think the only alternative they have is to venture into robbery and other crimes.

izuch:
Benin and crime na 5&6

Like if you agree share if you don't

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by poseidon12: 7:44am On Sep 23, 2018
Proffdada:
I blame the parents before I blame the economy

That's funny. Where you a baby or a pikin?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by kevoh(m): 7:45am On Sep 23, 2018
Blame the influx of Libyan illegal immigrant returnee to Benin without gainful employment and the already bad state of the Nigerian economy.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by AkhereOkaka(m): 7:45am On Sep 23, 2018
7Ebisco:
Palpable fear reign supreme among residents of Benin City, the Edo State capital following recent upsurge in robbery, pick-pockets, breaking and entry that have taken over the city.

Some of the residents and victims told LEADERSHIP that the rampant rate people are been robbed especially commuters is worrisome.

They noted that the State Government and the Security agencies, seems helpless on how to tackle the challenges.

The respondents stressed that a situation where the people could no longer sleep with their two eyes closed or go out without fear of been attacked or robbed, pose a great danger to the state.

They particularly noted that the state of insecurity in the State, would have a negative effect on the efforts of the Government to woo investors to the State.

One of the respondents, Mr Elogie Clement, who was on Friday night robbed of N120,000, three mobile phones and other valuables, described the situation as pathetic.

Elogie said he was robbed at gun-point, along Plymouth road, onboard a taxi he took to Ekenwan road, at about 7pm

According to him, "I have heard tales of stories on robbery, especially in public transport lately but never took it serious until it happened to me.

"The sad thing was that whether you are alone in the vehicles or with others, these boys still do whatever they want to without any fear or being caught.

"I took a cap, all alone in the vehicle when the driver stopped at the busy Plymouth road, when all of a sudden, a guy appeared at the back and placed on gun at the back of my head. That was how they zoomed off and robbed me of everything I had".

It was in a similar manner that one Tina Osagie, in broad daylight, was robbed at gun-point in a commercial bus, between Ring Road and Mission Road.

Aside robbery in commercial vehicles, residents have been robbed of their monies at Automated Teller Machines (ATM), while many shops and homes have been burgled.

This challenges have taken it tool on night life in the city, as commercial businesses now close shops as early as 7pm, because of the fear being attacked.

The robbing of business premises is common in places such as, Airport Road and environs, Ekenwan Road, Sakponba road, Siloko road and environs, as well as Ugbowo axis of Benin.

It would be recalled that the issue of cult related killings have not also helped in the security challenges in the state.

No fewer than six lives, related to cultism, have been lost in the city, within the last few weeks.

These killings took placed around Upper Sakponba, Ogida, Siloko road and Ekenwan road areas of Benin.

The State Commissioner of Police, Babatunde Kokomo, while parading some arrested suspects at the command recently, attributed the killings to reprisal attack, and noted that police was working hard to arrest the menace.

While noting that several persons have been arrested in relation to cultism and armed robbery, he said the police have declared zero tolerance against crime.

Similarly, the Managing Director, Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA), Mr Denis Oloriegbe, pointed out that the reason for initiating number code for commercial buses and cabs, was to check against using it to commit crimes.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/nigeria-fear-grips-benin-residents-over.html

Some of these guys committing these crimes are Libya returnee

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Icon4s(m): 7:45am On Sep 23, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
and i suppose travel go benin o
i nor go carry my lapy worth 400k
i go buy toks lapy of 35k

i no fear cause na biu area me dey go so
make dem npr disarm me
krav maga comes to mind

Make sure you go with the receipt, because Police their too are not smiling. Make u no go fall victim of circumstances.
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by poseidon12: 7:45am On Sep 23, 2018
kingdavidyakson:
Shebi they said their Oba curse dey work die? This time, make their dude of a Oba naked swear for them na...

Don't mind superstitious Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 23, 2018
poseidon12:

Don't mind superstitious Nigerians.
Abi?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by ojimbo(m): 7:48am On Sep 23, 2018
Failed State. I hate everything about this people

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 23, 2018
Seriously o
Jst dis month,we have been robbed twice,thank God dey did not face my apartment sha,its petty thieves tho,dey tear ur net,open d window nd stretch their stupid hands to take valuable things within their reach
I dont even sleep in my room anymore cos of fear,i now sleep in d parlour
I've heard so much theft nd crimes in benin dis month,nd its very sad
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Proffdada: 7:49am On Sep 23, 2018
poseidon12:

That's funny. Where you a baby or a pikin?

I was a baby o! grin
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by poseidon12: 7:49am On Sep 23, 2018
I put the blame on the incompetent Governor of Edo State. The people should vote right in the next governorship election.
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by adecz: 7:52am On Sep 23, 2018
Robbery, pickpocket, breaking & entry,
na him una dey call crime. Una no well.

Go Benue, Zamfara, Plateau, Bornu, Kaduna
Taraba & see Herdsmen, Boko haram
rustlers, highway kidnapping &
slaughtering.

Just be thankful.

Imagine!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by ozila(m): 7:54am On Sep 23, 2018
sharaawy:
i jst tire.......even those of us in d popular ringroad axis r nt spared....

seriously? and what's the governor doing about it?
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by 8stargeneral: 7:56am On Sep 23, 2018
...and oshomole no care him dey walker up and down dey carry apc for head cry cry
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Kobicove(m): 7:57am On Sep 23, 2018
poseidon12:
I put the blame on the incompetent Governor of Edo State. The people should vote right in the next governorship election.

They voted right but their mandate was subverted
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by justphillips(m): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2018
Had an encounter yesterday, but as a wise man, I got my phone back. Benin pickpockets are professionals. Ugbowo axis isn’t safe anymore. Beware of blue bus plying oluku-ringroad route

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Smile4daddy(m): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2018
I knew it will results to this since the Oba has decided to place a curse on anyone who intending traveling abroad. AKA Italy...
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Cindy08: 8:00am On Sep 23, 2018
Qdot41452:
at least let me be a member of this ur its working gang
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by izuch(m): 8:00am On Sep 23, 2018
lee818:

Wow!! like Benin is the only city in Nigeria that has high crime issues!!! Dude grow up and stop inciting hate and tribalism on the blog

Hmmmm are you serious?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Holocene(m): 8:02am On Sep 23, 2018
Benin is a poor city with basically teacher and bankers as the workforce there. Political thuggery and crime are the only way youth who haven't gone to Germany or Italy look to.
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Afonja007: 8:03am On Sep 23, 2018
I said it I know it will happen what do you think Benin boys been deported from Libya and other European countries will do in Edo state? One Benin girl here in Austria told me that in her place in Benin they don't sleep with their 2 eyes closed,the worst part of Benin boys is this they will come to Europe instead oh hustling they will want to start cultsm thinking they are in Nigeria their eye always clear once they see muritala Muhammad airport during their deportation
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by lagdmark(m): 8:03am On Sep 23, 2018
izuch:
Benin and crime na 5&6

Like if you agree share if you don't
I agree . Benin city is a very fearful place to live.
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by MAJORBANKZ(m): 8:03am On Sep 23, 2018
sagitariusbaby:
This news is misleading, the part of Benin where my parent stay and many other parts is free of such petty crimes. Nigeria as a whole isn't safe, too many crimes are being perpetrated daily across the country, it's not peculiar with Benin
peculiar with or peculiar to?
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by izuch(m): 8:06am On Sep 23, 2018
lagdmark:

I agree . Benin city is a very fearful place to live.

Thank you! Finally someone with sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by thunderbabs: 8:15am On Sep 23, 2018
Benin city has always been a city of red eye criminals... Almost two in every house abi i lie ni
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by mchenryking0(m): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2018
A situation where parent give a blind eye to what their children does. is only a place like Benin that will hear that father and children belong to cult group.And from the look of things the government is not ready to do anything about these. this I would want anybody from the state that have a contrary opinion to challenge me
Pls what do they even gain being a cultist and armed robber

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by lee818(f): 8:24am On Sep 23, 2018
izuch:

Hmmmm are you serious?

right back at ya dude!!!! my middle finger!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Hoodbilonia: 8:29am On Sep 23, 2018
i sabi the game ma niggi
na evenimg time i go enter road
but which kind life be this
i get big phone ..samsung s8
my lapy na 400k
how else i wan disguise again
d country don tire me bro
Icon4s:

Make sure you go with the receipt, because Police their too are not smiling. Make u no go fall victim of circumstances.
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by marshalldgreat(m): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2018
Simplep:
Seriously o
Jst dis month,we have been robbed twice,thank God dey did not face my apartment sha,its petty thieves tho,dey tear ur net,open d window nd stretch their stupid hands to take valuable things within their reach
I dont even sleep in my room anymore cos of fear,i now sleep in d parlour
I've heard so much theft nd crime in benin dis month,nd its very sad
eyaa Pele... Happy Sunday sweetie
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by IMASTEX: 8:31am On Sep 23, 2018
hisgrace090:
The end SARS crew have gone back to their trade,
They want to use Edo as a testing ground before migrating to other part.

Nigeria is not yet ripe for gentle man police force, we"re too unpredictable.
This is not a good submission. The life of one innocent citizen is far greater than that of 10 criminals. Crime is a global phenomenon. Though higher in some countries due to leadership failure in providing the necessary needs of the citizens. Idleness and starvation is the father of crime. Fix these and see crime reduce naturally.

To support a supposed law enforcement agent to molest, oppress, steal, blackmail, detain without court trail & even kill citizens with impunity is a crime against humanity & God.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 23, 2018
U?
marshalldgreat:
eyaa Pele... Happy Sunday sweetie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Rally Holds In Anambra State Today' / Kema Chikwe Quits As PDP National Women Leader / We Are Behind Workers; Buhari Is Running Government Of Fraud – Igbo Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.