Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. (799 Views)

Meet The 19-year-old Nigerian Building His Own Blockchain Empire / Will Nigeria Ever Make Science A Priority? / Will Nigeria Be Left Behind In Embracing The Startup Act To Build Ecosystems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. by MannyMcoy(m): 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2018
I have seen quite a number of nations showing interest in developing a distributed ledger technology for their own country and aiming to solve many problems. I truly wish Nigeria can develop its own blockchain for the purpose of election. At least the data will be immutable, unalterable and transparent. Even accessible in real-time across the globe.

I think as a nation we have advanced to that level of technology, we are only shy to admit how gifted we are.

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. by DaCharis2016: 7:03pm On Sep 23, 2018
OYO is your name.

Waiting for nigeria's blockchain kick-off is like waiting for the ship at the airport.
We have so many shortcomings in this country already. Blockchain is not what they want to dive into in the near future.

Here are some links to get some coins/tokens that are going to be launched soonest. And as they go live, when you sign up you will be entitled to some coins that will worth lot of money.

Click any of these links and sign up.

https:///2xbkY5w
http:///2Mw9ejF
https:///2NCu3yK
Re: When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. by meobizy(f): 2:52am On Sep 24, 2018
With which electricity? We're still yet to crack the code to unlimited power. After that we can think of other ventures.

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. by Horus(m): 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2018
The idea of using blockchain for elections is very good. It is also a beneficial tool for the election commission to maintain transparency in the electoral process, minimize the cost of conducting elections, streamline the process of counting votes and ensure that all votes are counted
Re: When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. by mrMeen(m): 11:49am On Sep 25, 2018
Op if you have the gift why not develop the technology, you know if you have an idea you shouldn't wait for somebody to implement it before you do afterall in the world at large its first come first served.
Re: When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. by MannyMcoy(m): 11:41am On Sep 28, 2018
mrMeen:
Op if you have the gift why not develop the technology, you know if you have an idea you shouldn't wait for somebody to implement it before you do afterall in the world at large its first come first served.

I do have the desire to start a crowdfunding to that effect. But the first thing Nigerians think when they hear blockchain and crypto is money [they literally leave the cryptographic aspects out]. And will you be inviting outsiders to invest in what your own people have no idea about? That's like Venezuela's Petro. It will not even see the light of day since it's Nigeria. But my point is if the masses can rally together and build such, it would be a great deal of invention at least to us.

DaCharis2016:
OYO is your name.

Waiting for nigeria's blockchain kick-off is like waiting for the ship at the airport.
We have so many shortcomings in this country already. Blockchain is not what they want to dive into in the near future.

Here are some links to get some coins/tokens that are going to be launched soonest. And as they go live, when you sign up you will be entitled to some coins that will worth lot of money.

Click any of these links and sign up.

https:///2xbkY5w
http:///2Mw9ejF
https:///2NCu3yK

No point changing my name, Lol.

meobizy:
With which electricity? We're still yet to crack the code to unlimited power. After that we can think of other ventures.

I suppose Aso Rock has 247 power. What benefit is excess electricity compared to the blockchain which is both innovative and can attract foreign investors too?

Think about it, this is an opportunity for the nation to invest in the next generation technology and profit immensely from it. I can't confidently say that if anyone or nation starts a cryptocurrency investment, they'll succeed, but a blockchain based project is most certainly going to attract more intelligent discussions and success possibilities than power tussles in politics.
Re: When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. by meobizy(f): 11:55pm On Sep 28, 2018
MannyMcoy:
What I'm saying is a block chain project requires huge uninterrupted computations. Huge computations require power, steady.
We don't have the facility for that.
Aso Rock may have steady power but power cuts are inevitable because of the country we inhabit.
Reading through I now understand you meant 'for election purposes only'. It seems you forget our country where politician sponsored-vandalism occurs every election period. It will become apparent that only during election periods will Aso Rock have power cuts and sometimes go days without electricity.
Re: When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. by MannyMcoy(m): 7:39am On Sep 29, 2018
meobizy:

What I'm saying is a block chain project requires huge uninterrupted computations. Huge computations require power, steady.
We don't have the facility for that.
Aso Rock may have steady power but power cuts are inevitable because of the country we inhabit.
Reading through I now understand you meant 'for election purposes only'. It seems you forget our country where politician-sponsored vandalism occurs every election period. It will become apparent that only during election periods will Aso Rock have power cuts and sometimes day without electricity.

I agree with you. But should we continue that way? Should we continue to bear the burden of being 'powerless' or being incapacitated for great inventions because of our limitations? We should wake up naija. We may be piggybacking on the achievements and strides of other nations, soon these nations will exploit us beyond what our limitations can extort.
Re: When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. by jom28gy(m): 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2018
What is blockchain
Re: When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2018
jom28gy:
What is blockchain
Use Google for a better understanding. Basically, a blockchain is a distributed and decentralized ledger that's immutable and resides in the computer of all the peers that form the network. It is almost impossible to hack and it's tamperproof. Take for instance, the Bitcoin blockchain.
Re: When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. by Blakjewelry(m): 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2018
MannyMcoy:
I have seen quite a number of nations showing interest in developing a distributed ledger technology for their own country and aiming to solve many problems. I truly wish Nigeria can develop its own blockchain for the purpose of election. At least the data will be immutable, unalterable and transparent. Even accessible in real-time across the globe.

I think as a nation we have advanced to that level of technology, we are only shy to admit how gifted we are.
check my signature and join the Whatsapp group let's discuss, time for many talk and no action is over.
Re: When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. by Netwrk: 12:03am On Nov 12, 2018
You know, i still believe this nation has great potential.
Quote me in future if im wrong but 20 years from now, you will look back and see how far we've gotten from here.
Re: When Will Nigeria Develop It's Own Blockchain? - At Least For Election. by meobizy(f): 1:54am On Nov 12, 2018
MannyMcoy:

I agree with you. But should we continue that way? Should we continue to bear the burden of being 'powerless' or being incapacitated for great inventions because of our limitations? We should wake up naija. We may be piggybacking on the achievements and strides of other nations, soon these nations will exploit us beyond what our limitations can extort.
If sabotage occurs regularly in the petroleum and gas industry which are the lifeblood of our economy then I'm sorry to say election geared blockchain technology will turn out a fruitless effort.

(1) (Reply)

Innovation That Shows Japan Lives In The Future / Disassembled My 10 Year Old Laptop. / China’s Growing Influence Is Transforming African Tech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.