Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Why Is Nigeria Doing Poorly As A Nation Even Though Nigerians Excel In Diaspora - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is Nigeria Doing Poorly As A Nation Even Though Nigerians Excel In Diaspora (859 Views)

A Culture Shock For A Nigerian In Diaspora / Usuma Dam, Abuja: You Won't Believe This Is Nigeria (Video, Photos) / Can You Believe This is Nigeria? Travelling As A Single Nigerian Lady (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nigeria Doing Poorly As A Nation Even Though Nigerians Excel In Diaspora by eluquenson(m): 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2018
Why is Nigeria doing so poorly as a nation even though Nigerian immigrants excel when they live in other countries?

This question kept bothering my mind for sometimes and I feel like it seems we have a problem with Nigeria soil, or what's the major issue bringing us backward in economic growth and development.

I need honest and candid opinions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nigeria Doing Poorly As A Nation Even Though Nigerians Excel In Diaspora by Benekruku(m): 9:01pm On Sep 23, 2018
Edo state witches have tied Nigeria's destiny

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigeria Doing Poorly As A Nation Even Though Nigerians Excel In Diaspora by steveDpro: 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2018
how can you do well in a country where there is no basic amenities from the Government? No good education, No water, No electricity, No good roads, No security, No health care system, No jobs. Tell me how do you expect someone to do well in this environment.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Nigeria Doing Poorly As A Nation Even Though Nigerians Excel In Diaspora by McStoic(m): 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2018
Hmmm....it seems you are asking this question for asking sake. Nigeria is full of deceit, my brother if you get chance dump this shithole if you get the chance ooo. Don't compare light with darkness. I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Nigeria Doing Poorly As A Nation Even Though Nigerians Excel In Diaspora by brodalikeme(m): 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2018
Even though I consider your question a rhetoric one, let me comment. A country cannot grow when the leaders and foollowers decide to ignore priorities and run after vain things. They know what that their immediate choices are of not benefit but chose to maintain the status quo.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Doing Poorly As A Nation Even Though Nigerians Excel In Diaspora by eyeview: 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2018
Merit system.
If things are done by merit where the best hands and brain are given the opportunity to thrive, we will move forward.
But unfortunately, a certain tribe in this nation relies on tribalism and nepotism and hate everything called merit system because they believe it doesn't favour them. So what we get is a situation where mediocres are running our system and delivering on poor outputs. This causes the best brains to go abroad where they will be recognised.
I have a friend who was a medical doctor here. His dream was to join the Nigerian army and serve in the medical corp. He did all he could but kept being frustrated. After getting exhausted from moving from one office to another, a top military oga from the north told him in plain terms that they will not let him join the army because they are mindful of how they allow people from his tribe join the Nigerian army.
He just accepted his fate and applied to join the US army and those ones grabbed him with both hands. He's in the US army today bagging awards and earning a better living.
Am sorry to sound tribalistic but if we want to move forward as a nation, the Hausa fulani will need to take a backseat from governance for at least 10 years and let merit rule a bit and see the difference

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Nigeria Doing Poorly As A Nation Even Though Nigerians Excel In Diaspora by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 23, 2018
To understand why Nigeria and Africa are failing, we may need to read the free, short and interesting book below
For us to fix a problem, we have to identify exactly what the root cause is, otherwise what we will do is just to smack plaster on a festering sore, a measure which is provenly never effective, and even dangerous.
Feel free to explore beyond the book, Google search the bibliography works and authors

https://archive.org/details/intellectual_slavery_the_worst_legacy_of_colonialism
Re: Why Is Nigeria Doing Poorly As A Nation Even Though Nigerians Excel In Diaspora by kudsweet(f): 11:24pm On Sep 23, 2018
I think there is a missing link in the two scenarios which are the presence of Basic Amenities.

Nigeria lacks basic amenities which will enhance the life of every citizen.

Also, greediness and self centred mind is a root cause. Tribalism also plays it's role.

I think lack of implementation of labour law also plays a vital role

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Nigeria Doing Poorly As A Nation Even Though Nigerians Excel In Diaspora by bayocanny: 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
HOME is not where you were born, but where you are given opportunities to express your abilities.

Nigeria tufiakwa

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Nigeria Doing Poorly As A Nation Even Though Nigerians Excel In Diaspora by Mizwisdom(f): 11:54am On Sep 25, 2018
Yahoo & drugs home and away
Re: Why Is Nigeria Doing Poorly As A Nation Even Though Nigerians Excel In Diaspora by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2018
In saner climes, the society has value systems, Institutions are strong and THEY LOVE THEIR COUNTRY.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Proceed Naija To Yankee / Ex OAU Student Thank God For Successful Motor Accident, See His English. PHOTOS / Do You Know Anyone That Travelled Outside Nigeria/africa Recently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.