Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,270 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora (27860 Views)

My Lovely Trip to Jubilee Chalets In Epe Owned By The Lagos State Government / Inagbe Grand Resort Owned By The Ooni Of Ife / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ayo84(m): 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
I created this thread for fellow Nigerians in diaspora to list or mention their businesses or registered companies with a perview to get volunteers, staff, freelancers to associate with them. For example it can attract investment from Nigerians who are planning to relocate or looking for freelancing roles.

19 Likes

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by Treadway: 5:59pm On Feb 08, 2023
Haha. This should be interesting.😎

5 Likes

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ayo84(m): 11:13am On Feb 09, 2023
Treadway:
Haha. This should be interesting.😎

Yeah seriously

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ayo84(m): 1:21pm On Feb 09, 2023
ayo84:
I created this thread for fellow Nigerians in diaspora to list or mention their businesses or registered companies with a perview to get volunteers, staff, freelancers to associate with them. For example it can attract investment from Nigerians who are planning to relocate or looking for freelancing roles.

Still waiting for thread contributors
Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ayo84(m): 5:28pm On Feb 09, 2023
Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ednut1(m): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
ayo84:
unlike the chinese and Indians. Nigeria have not done well in this regard. The businesses are mostly self run or they employ foreigners based there. My dad’s friend had a estate agent business in uk. Employed mostly white. The most common businesses done by Nigerians include African food businesses/ restaurants, trucking business, real estate, staffing/ recruitmentFor those willing to bring staff from Nigeria. It will be mostly their relatives.

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by Makamatic: 9:25pm On Feb 09, 2023
ednut1:
unlike the chinese and Indians. Nigeria have not done well in this regard. The businesses are mostly self run or they employ foreigners based there. My dad’s friend had a estate agent business in uk. Employed mostly white. The most common businesses done by Nigerians include African food businesses/ restaurants, trucking business, real estate, staffing/ recruitmentFor those willing to bring staff from Nigeria. It will be mostly their relatives.
No worry .. very soon I'll get there .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ayo84(m): 9:35pm On Feb 09, 2023
ednut1:

Interesting, there could be nigerians at home who have plans on looking for a place to intern or work and these businesses could help on the relocation process

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ayo84(m): 9:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
Makamatic:

No worry .. very soon I'll get there .

Which country are you in?

5 Likes

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by hunee: 9:45pm On Feb 09, 2023
Typical Nigerians, you expect them to tell you what they do for a living abroad. You go try o

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ednut1(m): 9:47pm On Feb 09, 2023
ayo84:

Interesting, there could be Nigerians at home who have plans on looking for a place to intern or work and these businesses could help on the relocation process
why should anyone want to do this you may spend so much bring that person here on work permit and they opt out of the contract or move to another company off your sweat, why help strangers when you still have relatives or their kids i once went to a Nigerian restaurant and the servers were indian and an arab guy. Apparently the 9ja owner was cooking inside while they served. In Nigerian owned bars too they employ 9ja students and other blacks. The requirement for hiring a foreigner in most western countries is that you must prove that there is no one on ground who can do the job, unfortunately most Nigerian businesses cant scale this hurdle plus the cost involved. If you own a trucking company you will look for Mexicans or other blacks to drive for you not truck drivers in Nigeria who operate with poor driving standards in Nigeria.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ayo84(m): 8:29am On Feb 10, 2023
ednut1:
why should anyone want to do this you may spend so much bring that person here on work permit and they opt out of the contract or move to another company off your sweat, why help strangers when you still have relatives or their kids i once went to a Nigerian restaurant and the servers were indian and an arab guy. Apparently the 9ja owner was cooking inside while they served. In Nigerian owned bars too they employ 9ja students and other blacks. The requirement for hiring a foreigner in most western countries is that you must prove that there is no one on ground who can do the job, unfortunately most Nigerian businesses cant scale this hurdle plus the cost involved. If you own a trucking company you will look for Mexicans or other blacks to drive for you not truck drivers in Nigeria who operate with poor driving standards in Nigeria.

I also mentioned doing free internship for work experience
Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ayo84(m): 2:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
What of african themed stores or restaurants

1 Like

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ednut1(m): 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2023
ayo84:
What of african themed stores or restaurants
already explained in my former posts. Its usually owner operated for the stores. Restaurants they employ 9ja students already in the locality. The last nigerian bar i went to Jamaica and east Africa babes were part of the waiters. Last last they go for their family members in Nigeria. It is easier and cheaper to get people around too than in Nigeria. So bro way no dey here. Learn a valuable skill and find your way abroad.

15 Likes

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ayo84(m): 4:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
What about starting a business
Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ayo84(m): 10:51am On Feb 11, 2023
Theres a super market in the usa called wazobia super market

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by Treadway: 4:14pm On Feb 11, 2023
Lol. Unfortunately, most Nigerians who emigrate are not entrepreneurial.

As it was in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, it is till now. Unlike other races and nationalities (Indians, Asians, Mexicans) that also emigrate, but over the years have made their mark and are thus more formidable as an racial/ethnic bloc/community, most Naija simply do not have their brains wired for entrepreneurship...even harder to think that way now considering how difficult it is to make enough money to start a business in 2023, not to mention the inherent risks. Which Gbadebo or Okoro would wanna risk losing what took him maybe 25+ years to accumulate if their business goes belly up?

When they do have children, for the few that have truly special children that have the fire, they have to come back home to really make sense. Demand and supply! Do you think Andela would have made any mark in the US? Demand and supply. Andela in the US is just another bee in a swarm of bees, but in Nigeria, same Andela is a queen bee.....now the shocking part is even these special children that have it in them, you can literally count them by hand. Like most emigrants state here on this forum, most moved overseas just to live a happier life. Being an entrepreneur certainly and evidently isn't in the cards for most Nigerian emigrants.

Lol

51 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ednut1(m): 4:59pm On Feb 11, 2023
ayo84:
What about starting a business
just wasting my time here. The more I explain the more funny questions. Find way enter abroad first then see if its easy setting up a business 🤣🤣🤣

21 Likes

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ednut1(m): 5:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
Treadway:
Lol. Unfortunately, most Nigerians who emigrate are not entrepreneurial.

As it was in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, it is till now. Unlike other races and nationalities (Indians, Asians, Mexicans) that also emigrate, but over the years have made their mark and are thus more formidable as an racial/ethnic bloc/community, most Naija simply do not have their brains wired for entrepreneurship...even harder to think that way now considering how difficult it is to make enough money to start a business in 2023, not to mention the inherent risks. Which Gbadebo or Okoro would wanna risk losing what took him maybe 25+ years to accumulate if their business goes belly up?

When they do have children, for the few that have truly special children that have the fire, they have to come back home to really make sense. Demand and supply! Do you think Andela would have made any mark in the US? Demand and supply. Andela in the US is just another bee in a swarm of bees, but in Nigeria, same Andela is a queen bee.....now the shocking part is even these special children that have it in them, you can literally count them by hand. Like most emigrants state here on this forum, most moved overseas just to live a happier life. Being an entrepreneur certainly and evidently isn't in the cards for most Nigerian emigrants.

Lol
the way indians team up to buy all the gas stations, fast food joins and do real estate ehn. Nigerians cant pull it off there will envy, people sleeping with another person wife or daughter, cheating, backstabbing . Sabotage etc. shame on us hahahaha

70 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2023
ednut1:
the way indians team up to buy all the gas stations, fast food joins and do real estate ehn. Nigerians cant pull it off there will envy, people sleeping with another person wife or daughter, cheating, backstabbing . Sabotage etc. shame on us hahahaha

From what i understand, the Indians do get support from the family back home. It is more like a family affairs. They dont employ outsiders and only employ family members, so the cost of operating these stores are always cheap.

the family in India will gather capital for the extended family who will then use that money to buy a store in the United states, they will lìve together and then take shift in running their stores, these help in reducing cost, so it is easier for them to save and also buy another store. I think it is similar with the Chinese too..i believe, it is more about their cultural and communal culture that is why the business are run efficiently and cheap.

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ednut1(m): 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

From what i understand, the Indians do get support from the family back home. It is more like a family affairs. They dont employ outsiders and only employ family members, so the cost of operating these stores are always cheap.

the family in India will gather capital for the extended family who will then use that money to buy a store in the United states, they will lìve together and then take shift in running their stores, these help in reducing cost, so it is easier for them to save and also buy another store. I think it is similar with the Chinese too..i believe, it is more about their cultural and communal culture that is why the business are run efficiently and cheap.

In Canada here they employ only indian students for the gas stations and fast food, they do under the table paroles for students to work more than the usual 20 hours a week cap.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by ayo84(m): 6:48pm On Feb 11, 2023
ednut1:
In Canada here they employ only indian students for the gas stations and fast food, they do under the table paroles for students to work more than the usual 20 hours a week cap.

Interesting, so the diaspora indian community is seriously flourishing

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by FunkeAyorinde: 2:59pm On Feb 12, 2023
cool
Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by BigBrother9ja: 2:59pm On Feb 12, 2023
cool
Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 12, 2023
This is great. Please be careful of APC supporters when hiring. They have no morals.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by UnknownT: 3:00pm On Feb 12, 2023
My colleague relocated with the wife to the UK after the Brother in-law sent him a work visa for his company over there.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by bigdammyj: 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2023
Reading...
Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by Lemmy123(m): 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2023
These kind of topics don't hit the front page often...

By the way, I'm a content writer, please see my signature below if you need my service. Thanks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by TheChameleon: 3:02pm On Feb 12, 2023
Microsoft.

I employed my homie, Mallam Bill Gates to run it. He's been very loyal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora by Toneypen247(m): 3:02pm On Feb 12, 2023
Interesting

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Stranded Passengers At The Airport Due To Fuel Scarcity / Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination / Trailer Crashes Into A School In Ibadan Before Break Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.