Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) (25692 Views)

Plantain And Yam I Bought For 3500 / How I Grilled Tilapia Fish, Plantain And Pepper Sauce- Easy Way (Photos, Video) / How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by kyaagbanairaland(m): 6:55pm On Sep 25, 2018
I love the unripe plantain but sweet potato is a No No for me.
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Lexusgs430: 6:55pm On Sep 25, 2018
Not convinced........ But would not mind a taste....
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by husbandsnatcha(f): 6:56pm On Sep 25, 2018
hmmm...nicefood
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by husbandsnatcha(f): 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2018
post=71471400:
Gonna try this , this weekend looks good.
Deadmeat seller alanguro!

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Joystark(f): 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2018
weekend food dn ready
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Olajah81: 7:03pm On Sep 25, 2018
Sirheny007:
No matter how sumptuous you make it look,
it can never compare to my watery Beans and soft Agege bread.
angry angry

Oil dey ur head.. cry
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Sirheny007(m): 7:04pm On Sep 25, 2018
Olajah81:

Oil dey ur head.. cry

It had better be crude oil.
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Olajah81: 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2018
tee59:
And you think you get brain abi? Poverty mentality. Oponun.

Miss brainer...
Borrow him ur brain...
Oponun

1 Like

Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Olodo24: 7:11pm On Sep 25, 2018
jnrbayano:

Rich in Iron
eeh but I don't like the taste. Tastes harsh
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by NWABUKA007(m): 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2018
Sirheny007:
angry angry
all is well
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Olodo24: 7:16pm On Sep 25, 2018
sonnie10:
Diabetes never do you.
back to sender
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by musicwriter(m): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2018
Plantain has saved my life. I am battling with problem of constant urination and I've done everything I could to stop it to no avail. The doctor didn't confirm diabetes, however, he mentioned that my sugar level is a bit on the high side.

One day I ate a lot of plantain in the afternoon and surprisingly I urinated just once at night instead of 5 as I used to. Being the type of person I am, I decided to find out why. The following day I ate plantain again to confirm whether it was a coincidence. Behold, that night I had to even force myself to urinate once. Ever since I've been eating plantain every day and the problem is solved.

In case you have problem of constant urination (I don't know how whether it's medically diabetes) just eat plantain every day.
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Dacronym(m): 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2018
Go and sit down Joor
Shey na Wetin dey do person be this all This Famished Mods sef
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by giles14(m): 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2018
gideonjeta:
For lovers of sweet things, the unripe plantain pottage alone, somehow, is a dish that is not as interesting as it sounds. Not to worry; this is the recipe for you. You can add sweet potatoes or ripe plantains to this recipe for added sweetness.

Ingredients
-2 large green plantains, washed, peeled and diced
-1 medium sweet potato, washed, peeled and grated
-¼ cup palm oil
-2 tbsp ground crayfish
-1 medium onion, sliced
--2 cups shredded smoked fish
-2 seasoning cubes
-1 tsp ground pepper, or to taste
Salt, to taste
-A handful of fresh greens (ugu, spinach, utazi), thinly sliced.

Method
1.Put the diced plantains in a pot.
2.Add the chopped onions, stock cubes, fish, ground crayfish and pepper.
3.Add in enough water to just cover the contents of the pot.
4.Cook on medium-high heat until the contents boil.
5.Add the palm oil and salt to taste.
6.Cover the pot and cook on low-medium heat until the plantain is almost tender. Then add the grated sweet potatoes and cook until done.
7.Take off the heat and stir in the vegetables.
8.Leave to stand for a few minutes before serving.

https://www.nigerialog.com/food/how-to-make-unripe-plantain-and-sweet-potato-pottage(pic)/new/#new
scent leaves gives it a great taste and aroma
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by giles14(m): 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2018
gideonjeta:
For lovers of sweet things, the unripe plantain pottage alone, somehow, is a dish that is not as interesting as it sounds. Not to worry; this is the recipe for you. You can add sweet potatoes or ripe plantains to this recipe for added sweetness.

Ingredients
-¼ cup palm oil
-2 tbsp ground crayfish
-1 medium onion, sliced
-2 seasoning cubes
Salt, to taste

Method
6.Cover the pot and cook on low-medium heat until the plantain is almost tender. Then add the grated sweet potatoes and cook until done.

https://www.nigerialog.com/food/how-to-make-unripe-plantain-and-sweet-potato-pottage(pic)/new/#new
scent leaves gives it a great taste and aroma but the sweet potato is just over kill
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by giles14(m): 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2018
gideonjeta:

Ingredients
-¼ cup palm oil
-2 tbsp ground crayfish
-1 medium onion, sliced
-2 seasoning cubes
Salt, to taste

Method

Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Buffalowings3(m): 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2018
Seems the trending fad is to s..hi..t on poor people...
One of Bewajis minions is on here.. sad

Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Buffalowings3(m): 7:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
I want something that will hold my stomach joor..
Small time now hunger pangs from he'll we be catching somebody..

Anyway, not bad....
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2018
I'd hate it.

It looks too good to be true.
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Friend01(m): 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
Sirheny007:
angry angry

Egbon you too like food grin
Sirheny007:
angry angry

Egbon you too like food.
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Born2Breed(f): 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2018
Sirheny007:
angry angry

Do u still prefer the watery beans?

1 Like

Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Olujoe1(m): 8:33pm On Sep 25, 2018
tee59:
And you think you get brain abi? Poverty mentality. Oponun.
too hash sis, but his/her life can even be way better than all what you've acquired with your wealthy mindset.. Grow up, your future husband might be somewhere around here watching.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Tonimordred(m): 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2018
Abeg na wu diskova dis porridge wey dem call pottage or portable
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2018
�����
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by sholay2011(m): 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2018
itiswellandwell:
A lady should try and make this for her man. My girl do make this for me and i so much love the yummy yummy taste. Remember to add ugwu leaves and crayfish. When I somehow feel weak, my girl will just make this for me and before I know it, all my muscles will start getting stronger and stronger. Go try it out woman!
grin grin
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by jnrbayano(m): 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2018
Olodo24:
eeh but I don't like the taste. Tastes harsh

Same with me but at some point in one's life, you eat what benefit your health over what is sweet.

...I have that mindset now
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by vioment: 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
Correct grub. I telli u.
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2018
Unripe plantain pottage can sweet for africa ehncheesy...especially when u put all dose big big crayfish demcheesy.twoclans dear can u prepare unripe plantain pottage?wink

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Itzurboi(m): 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
The way most nairalanders BASH each other, i doubt if they can go 1week without BASHING their car... You guyz rock
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Offpoint: 9:55pm On Sep 25, 2018
jnrbayano:
Someone should please tell me the difference between Pottage and Porridge

Pottage is cook in a pot at young age... Pot-Age
While porridge is cook in the farm beside ridges... Por-Ridge.

You can thank me later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
I made today though but didn’t take the photo, it turned out very dark and was not sexy to the eyes cheesy. That’s me cooking sometimes grin
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by koolaid87: 10:03pm On Sep 25, 2018
post=71471400:
Gonna try this , this weekend looks good.

Yes try it with your shittie dead bbq food...after you come online and type rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk / Lagos Chinese restaurant accused of racism against Nigerians / Make Italian Spaghetti Sauce With 5 Ingredients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.