Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) (25695 Views)

Plantain And Yam I Bought For 3500 / How I Grilled Tilapia Fish, Plantain And Pepper Sauce- Easy Way (Photos, Video) / How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Twoclans(f): 10:03pm On Sep 25, 2018
lefulefu:
Unripe plantain pottage can sweet for africa ehncheesy...especially when u put all dose big big crayfish demcheesy.twoclans dear can u prepare unripe plantain pottage?wink

Sure my darlyn wink I compliment mine with all those lovely Igbo spices,mangala dry fish and utazi leaf .

That will be your Friday lunch delicacy from me kiss kiss wait for it honey wink

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 25, 2018
Twoclans:

Sure my darlyn wink I compliment mine with all those lovely Igbo spices,mangala dry fish and utazi leaf .

That will be your Friday lunch delicacy from me kiss kiss wait for it honey wink

1 Like

Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by ojoisimi(m): 10:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
[quote author=ntyce post=71522672]Unripe plantain + sweet potato High carbohydrates diet
Get plenty water to drink after the meal.
Then no other food for the day....
bro, it's not a high carbohydrate diet
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by jnrbayano(m): 11:24pm On Sep 25, 2018
Offpoint:

Pottage is cook in a pot at young age... Pot-Age
While porridge is cook in the farm beside ridges... Por-Ridge.

You can thank me later

Yeye grin
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Offpoint: 11:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
jnrbayano:

Yeye grin
gringrin I don tell you my own way as I take understand am
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by naijajobx: 2:47am On Sep 26, 2018
hmmm
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by ikorodureporta: 7:05am On Sep 26, 2018
Wetin u come cook here
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Chigirl042(f): 9:33am On Sep 26, 2018
jnrbayano:
Someone should please tell me the difference between Pottage and Porridge
pottage is a type of thick soup or stew while porridge is a type of thick soup or stew usually made with barley.Hope I answered ur question?
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by jnrbayano(m): 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2018
Chigirl042:
pottage is a type of thick soup or stew while porridge is a type of thick soup or stew usually made with barley.Hope I answered ur question?

Not quite...

By your explanation, I can surmise that every Porridge is a Pottage

No?
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Chigirl042(f): 8:02am On Sep 27, 2018
jnrbayano:

Not quite...
By your explanation, I can surmise that every Porridge is a Pottage
No?
yes
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by jaszplus12(m): 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2018
gideonjeta:
For lovers of sweet things, the unripe plantain pottage alone, somehow, is a dish that is not as interesting as it sounds. Not to worry; this is the recipe for you. You can add sweet potatoes or ripe plantains to this recipe for added sweetness.

Ingredients
-2 large green plantains, washed, peeled and diced
-1 medium sweet potato, washed, peeled and grated
-¼ cup palm oil
-2 tbsp ground crayfish
-1 medium onion, sliced
--2 cups shredded smoked fish
-2 seasoning cubes
-1 tsp ground pepper, or to taste
Salt, to taste
-A handful of fresh greens (ugu, spinach, utazi), thinly sliced.

Method
1.Put the diced plantains in a pot.
2.Add the chopped onions, stock cubes, fish, ground crayfish and pepper.
3.Add in enough water to just cover the contents of the pot.
4.Cook on medium-high heat until the contents boil.
5.Add the palm oil and salt to taste.
6.Cover the pot and cook on low-medium heat until the plantain is almost tender. Then add the grated sweet potatoes and cook until done.
7.Take off the heat and stir in the vegetables.
8.Leave to stand for a few minutes before serving.

https://www.nigerialog.com/food/how-to-make-unripe-plantain-and-sweet-potato-pottage(pic)/new/#new
I just finished 2 plates of the recipe just now...later tonight I shall Polish off the rest! tasty!!!!
OP, thanks for this
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Jokkarm2: 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2018
Please help, I cooked port age plantain and mistakenly added much salt. How do i reduce it because I spent 600 in making the food. Wasap me 08038892800 now because i want put it in the fridge .
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by Jokkarm2: 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2018
Please help, I cooked portage plantain and mistakenly added much salt. How do i reduce it because I spent 600 in making the food. Wasap me 08038892800 now because i want put it in the fridge .
Re: How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) by sunsweet33: 7:56pm On Mar 12
Jokkarm2:
Please help, I cooked portage plantain and mistakenly added much salt. How do i reduce it because I spent 600 in making the food. Wasap me 08038892800 now because i want put it in the fridge .

if you over season your porridge, add more green vegetable that will leak some water and balance the taste without washing the flavour away like regular water.

6 years later, I hope you haven’t yet kept it in the fridge? Sorry o 😆

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk / Lagos Chinese restaurant accused of racism against Nigerians / Make Italian Spaghetti Sauce With 5 Ingredients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.