Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria (25464 Views)

Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) / Mutant Calf With 'Human Head' Born Sparking Bestiality Fears In Thailand Village / Monkeys Killed In My Village In Abia (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by Naijaguy12345(m): 11:45am On Sep 24, 2018
LZAA:

95% of computer village is ndigbo
If they leave am all u wee see is agberos,agbo sellers and 10 afonja shops
Facts
Cc immhotep nightmare007 sarkin greenback Roger3D
All of Nigeria na Igbo get am not only 95% of computer village. Idiot.
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by LZAA: 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2018
Naijaguy12345:

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by officialfysh(m): 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2018
Rollitout:
what difference does it make ,hmmmmmmm; it’s still One Naija

Get your fact right, it's not Kantagora it's katangua
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
Naijaguy12345:
The matter is paining you sha grin

Cc lzaa nightmare007 sarkin greenback Roger3D

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by biosystech: 12:31pm On Sep 24, 2018
This article sounded like CV is located in just Otigba. It goes beyond Otigba, but all the same, a good article.

If you need a fairly used laptop, do click on my username and check the one that suits you (be it a gaming one or for office use or just one you want to have at home for kids to get familiar with). Also, we have a physical presence in Computer Village. Our prices are fair and one of the best out there. smiley
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by Sammy1932(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2018
HigherEd:
Computer Village is the largest information and communication technology accessory market in Africa located in Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.

It sits on land originally planned by the Lagos State Government to be a residential area. Today, despite her many challenges it serves as the largest marketplace for tech gadgets in Nigeria. Much of Computer Village troubles range from theft to sale of counterfeit or unlicensed products and a government bent on relocating it, regardless, the economic impact is undisputable.

According to a former minister, Computer village generates about $2 billion annually; the community also generates over 60 million naira in levies for the Ikeja metropolitan area.

A quick visit to computer village would leave you astonished as to the hundreds of young adults working across different layers of the service sectors. Some are marketers feeding the technicians with customers needing gadget repairs and equally feeding the sellers with buyers.

It's an amazing ecosystem! However don't be fooled, you could easily get your hands burnt in computer village. Many today have sour tales of purchase gone wrong. Numerous times, the Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) has had to raid the community. Personally, I have also had my own fair share of awry experiences at Computer Village, but today isn't the time for story telling.

As His Excellency, the Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode reemphasized the Government's age long stance to relocate Computer Village to Kantagora in Abule Egba area of the State, the news has been greeted with nostalgia in Lagos. Some are of the opinion the state should retain her initial master plan designating the area as a residential place, while others especially in the business community think computer village in her present community could be transformed and remodeled into a hive of innovation and a hub for tech startups.

Today, in the business community a number of strategic meetings are taking place to see if the current Computer Village can be salvaged. This is important because much of the growth of computer village has been fueled by creativity, spontaneity and deregulation. In contrast today, Silicon valley, California is home to the world's leading tech companies such as Apple, HP, Adobe, Twitter, Facebook etc. Silicon Valley has enriched her metropolitan area so much so that the combination of San Jose, Santa Clara and southern bay's GDP of $235 billion is nearly equal to Ireland's entire GDP of $238 Billion. Silicon Valley is also home to 74 billionaires in USD. A combination of Apple and Facebook employ about 44,000 people.

Can the Computer Village of Otigba community become Nigeria's Silicon Valley?

Whatever the outcome may become in the near future, one thing is clear, individuals working in Computer Village are averse to the idea of relocating to Kantagora. It is in fact unclear whether the Computer Village we know can be replicated elsewhere. Whatever the case, if it survives it would be a product of a deliberate attempt to save it by the Government and private sector. Its impact will be phenomenal!

https://kinesthouse.com/blog/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-nigerian-computer-village

Thanks for the educative post. But its rather unfortunate that some folks will come here, instead of making sensible comments or constructive criticism if need be, they'll use it as an avenue for tribal bashing and abuse.
For your information, Computer village has all the tribes in Nigeria fully represented including foreigners.

Let's learn to live as one as we've always been doing.

3 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by LZAA: 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2018
immhotep:

The matter is paining you sha grin

Cc lzaa nightmare007 sarkin greenback Roger3D
grin

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by Obeflacko(m): 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
LZAA:
95% of computer village is ndigbo If they leave am all u wee see is agberos,agbo sellers and 10 afonja shops Facts Cc immhotep nightmare007 sarkin greenback Roger3D
lmao

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by linsco1256(m): 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
Those wires flying every were sha. But that's not y am here.

Just one minute of not staying focus is enough to ruin your transaction for that day.

It won't take some guys there 30seconds to switch ram from 4gb to 1gb. Time wen you take de look wire don reach them change things. Joyless hustlers.

But I believe something can be done to transform Computer village, Otigba Ikeja Lagos to a global standard ICT hub.

It will start from changing the mindset of the people there. Thank you #Kinesthouse for this wonderful article.
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by miqos02(m): 1:55pm On Sep 24, 2018
Beremx:
How can computer village be relocated to Abule Egba? Is Ambode mad?
the project was concieved by the tinubu administration
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by Godhead4(m): 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2018
omolola15:

Wrong wrong and wrong !!!! You don’t know anything about computer village. Have you ever been there before? There are lots of igbos there. And they won’t tell you they single handedly develop the market. The igbos can’t function alone without the yorubas as well.

No waste your time on these kind of people.
..they are just internet warriors, nothing else

Seriously you need help. You don’t have to leave with too much hatred. Wetin Yoruba do you self? Na dem steal your destiny?

Been in computer village for years, and the Igbo guys there are more reasonable than you are.

Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by JamesTPhillips: 3:13pm On Sep 24, 2018
cheesy
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by DBlackCeazer(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2018
Not close and cannot be Silicon Valley

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by Skseries: 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2018
3millionia:

True but there more about computer village that weren't included. But its an insightfull article

LAPTOP HARD DISK (Wholesale Price)

40gb - 60gb - 80gb

100gb - 120gb - 160gb

250gb - 320gb - 500gb

640gb - 750gb - 1tb & 2tb

Call/whatsapp for your order

Address : 3 ositelu street beside gtb bank
Phone: +23461760000
how much is one terabyte
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by Skseries: 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2018
biosystech:
This article sounded like CV is located in just Otigba. It goes beyond Otigba, but all the same, a good article.

If you need a fairly used laptop, do click on my username and check the one that suits you (be it a gaming one or for office use or just one you want to have at home for kids to get familiar with). Also, we have a physical presence in Computer Village. Our prices are fair and one of the best out there. smiley
do u do swap? I bring my laptop add money and then get a different one
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by biosystech: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2018
Skseries:
do u do swap? I bring my laptop add money and then get a different one
Depends on different factors.

Princemedico18:

I need a brand new laptop. Pls pm me
Check at Westgate in Computer Village.
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by GetCofOProperty: 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2018
LZAA:

95% of computer village is ndigbo
If they leave am all u wee see is agberos,agbo sellers and 10 afonja shops
Facts
Cc immhotep nightmare007 sarkin greenback Roger3D

Not far from the truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by Ganiz(m): 6:55pm On Sep 24, 2018
Computer Village only for the WISE!
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by akeentech(m): 9:13pm On Sep 24, 2018
Princemedico18:

I need a brand new laptop. Pls pm me
Chat me up on WhatsApp
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by 3millionia: 11:39am On Sep 26, 2018
Skseries:
how much is one terabyte

boss 1tb is 18,000
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by 3millionia: 11:40am On Sep 26, 2018
kingelemide18:

How much for 500gb,640gb,750gb respectively.. Need a new hdd for my system

Boss here re the prices 10,000, 12000 , 13,000
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by 3millionia: 11:41am On Sep 26, 2018
jeff1607:

kindly include your price

Boss Make you order i give price
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by kingelemide18(m): 11:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
3millionia:

Boss here re the prices 10,000, 12000 , 13,000
Where is ur shop in computer village. Will u b able to install windows for me?
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by 3millionia: 12:13am On Sep 27, 2018
kingelemide18:

Where is ur shop in computer village. Will u b able to install windows for me?

Sure, Just ring me,

You can whatsapp me also
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by HigherEd: 11:54pm On Sep 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
@HigherEd, might interest u:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6214855/Are-UKs-poshest-student-rooms.html
Mehn see rooms!
I think Pan Atlantic University rooms are also good.
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by miqos02(m): 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
Skseries:
how much is one terabyte
hi, have u gotten one? I av at even better deals
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by Skseries: 10:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
miqos02:
hi, have u gotten one? I av at even better deals
I havnt too expensive, how much is urs
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by miqos02(m): 6:11am On Oct 08, 2018
Skseries:
I havnt too expensive, how much is urs

1TB is 16k
750gb is 13k
640gb is 11k
500gb is 9.5k
Re: What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria by HigherEd: 11:01pm On Oct 08, 2018
Hello reinah i saw your intent to message me. I do not have access to that account currently. You can msg me on olaleyelove2011@gmail.com. thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Earth Tremors: FEMA Releases Official Press Statement & Safety Tips / Oshiorenoya Agabi Creates Koniku Kore, Computer That Smells Explosives, Cancer / A Cat And Dog Relationship(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.