Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,192 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) (50362 Views)

Graphic Photo Of A Decapitated Elephant: Animal Cruelty Should Stop / Mother Elephant Stamps a Crocodile To Death As It Stalks Her Calf(Pix, Video) / Kaavan, "World's Loneliest Elephant" Regains Freedom After 35 years in chains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by MzansiCoolio: 2:39pm On Feb 12
A Kruger National Park elephant was euthanised after it escaped into the village of Matsulu in Mpumalanga province at the weekend (South Africa).

The Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency (MTPA) said it was alerted to the animal's escape on Saturday morning.

Several videos and pictures of the elephant storming the village were widely shared on social media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCG4rM3L2QI?si=k_XkVVX8binfJPW8

In a later video, a man can be seen using a chainsaw to cut up the elephant's body after authorities had put it down, with bystanders cheering him on.

Matsulu is situated on the edge of the Kruger National Park, sandwiched between the Nsikazi and Crocodile rivers.

MTPA spokesperson Simphiwe Shungube said a team from the Damage-Causing Animals (DCA) Unit was immediately dispatched when they got reports of the elephant being in Matsulu.

"The DCA was reinforced by an aerial team of field rangers using a chopper from the Kruger National Park.

"Due to the heavy presence of community members chasing after the elephant and throwing objects at it, it became difficult [for the] MTPA and Kruger National Park teams to manage the situation," Shungube said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBlvOrovTjw?si=-gxKELgLT1FzoiUb

He said police were later roped in to conduct crowd control while rangers tried to control the elephant.

"The elephant was already very aggressive, posing a future threat to the community. The elephant was pushed to an open field by the MTPA team and it was put down," Shungube said.

The team retrieved ivory (tusks) from the animal's carcass and left its body for the community to consume.

This was not the first time a wild animal was killed on the streets of Matsulu. In 2022, residents killed a leopard that had attacked and injured four people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by Zonefree(m): 2:57pm On Feb 12
South Africa showing Super Eagles how to euthanised Elephant.

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 2:59pm On Feb 12
One elephant gone. Surplus meat for the village for a moment.

I imagine how the Leopard's case happened.

Meanwhile, what will happen to the retrieved elephant tusks?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by VeryWickedMan: 3:08pm On Feb 12
Anybody that doesn't waste time with bushmeat is my bossom friend.

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by MzansiCoolio: 3:11pm On Feb 12
Zonefree:
South Africa showing Super Eagles how to euthanised Elephant.

Lol, good one! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by MzansiCoolio: 3:18pm On Feb 12
immortalcrown:

I think the government stockpiles the tusks for trade or they get destroyed to combat poaching πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVYFCWFxVu4?si=0JxFl56jyFCnLNfX

1 Like

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by Solofresh2: 3:24pm On Feb 12
Nawa oo

1 Like

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by FatherCHRISTMAS: 5:15pm On Feb 12
Humans lol. You see the way they craftly changed the word killed, murdered into euthanized cheesy

Elephant life matters

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 5:29pm On Feb 12
πŸ₯Ί
Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by Starhearts: 5:38pm On Feb 12
VeryWickedMan:
Anybody that doesn't waste time with bushmeat is my bossom friend.

I like Bush meat πŸ– a lot
Tortoise 🐒 to me taste better sha?
I love d aroma of monkey also

1 Like

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by Gadafii: 6:08pm On Feb 12
Food for the entire village

Animal police no go like this news so

1 Like

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by NFBI: 6:16pm On Feb 12
FatherCHRISTMAS:
Humans lol. You see the way they craftly changed the word killed, murdered into euthanized cheesy

Elephant life matters
Lol i thought as well

1 Like

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by slaawomirr: 6:53pm On Feb 12
Damnnn niggar
Africans and eating anything

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by ghiloman28(m): 6:53pm On Feb 12
Manner from above
Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by ouigy99(m): 6:56pm On Feb 12
For e next life...make e no gree make them born am for Africa πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by nautybride: 6:56pm On Feb 12
grin
Elephant wey crush eagle ba?

Anyways, African eats everything and have nothing to show for it while the whites will keep, study and make most use of such.

7 Likes

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by PheelzAlmighty: 6:57pm On Feb 12
Poor elephant
Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by blowjohn(m): 6:57pm On Feb 12
Starhearts:

I like Bush meat πŸ– a lot
Tortoise 🐒 to me taste better sha?
I love d aroma of monkey also

What about vulture?

4 Likes

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by Questionnaires(m): 6:58pm On Feb 12
Do We Still Have Elephants in Nigeria ?

Meanwhile; Download The Spiritual Sensitization Ebook That Enlightens You About The Meaning of NATURE (GOD ALMIGHTY) Using The Link on The Inforgraphic Below:

https://www.nairaland.com/7997519/spiritual-sensitisation-ebook-god-almighty

1 Share

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by tiswell(m): 6:58pm On Feb 12
Animal cruelty.

Barbarian SA
Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by inoki247: 7:00pm On Feb 12
Lol make dem go learn work from Bayelsa people....
Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by tnerro1(m): 7:00pm On Feb 12
Meaning of β€œ do anyhow, see anyhow”

2 Likes

Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 7:02pm On Feb 12
MzansiCoolio:

Lol, good one! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

No be small thing ooo
Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by UHLmoving: 7:03pm On Feb 12
The elephant of Cote d'Ivoire?
Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:04pm On Feb 12
immortalcrown:

Will be sold ofcourse
Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by thatsleepboy1: 7:05pm On Feb 12
Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by twilliamx(m): 7:06pm On Feb 12
Elephant misswaka
Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by GanagiBitrus: 7:06pm On Feb 12
Re: Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) by EverythingPhone(m): 7:07pm On Feb 12
I track lost or stolen phones or devices
A trial will definitely convince you
Contact me via siggy below

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Robot Sophia: Meet The First Robot In History To Become A Citizen Of A Country / See The Python My Neighbour Killed In His House Today(photos) / 12 Monkeys Die From Heart Attacks In India After They Were Scared By A Tiger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.