Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,683 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today (34143 Views)

Ime Udoka To Be Announced Brooklyn Nets' Head Coach - Report / FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) / Ballon D’or 2021: Two Winners To Be Announced This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:35am On Sep 24, 2018
EVILFOREST:

Please ask him what SALAH has lifted so far...??
Ask him the trophy SALAH has carried,,,??
Some people type entirely with their fingers, forgetting it should synchronize with their upper centres
What that guy typed was not even his opinion; he copied it from www.goal.com
jiggyman:

shut up if u dint have any point
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Jexyme(f): 7:39am On Sep 24, 2018
CR7 all the way! cool
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by gentlegenius(m): 7:41am On Sep 24, 2018
Badgers14:
Luka Modric has my vote. He was phenomenal both for country and club.

Maybe from a biased point of view because I am tired of seeing Ronaldo and Messi win all the time. It is becoming boring.

There are other hardworking footballers out there you know grin
Griezeman comes to mind... That guy is a phenomenon. Perhaps, the most underrated performer out there.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Kingosytex(m): 7:43am On Sep 24, 2018
the award should go to luka modric, he really deserves it
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by gentlegenius(m): 7:44am On Sep 24, 2018
Teacher1776:
For the sake of justice equity and fairplay, give it to Christian Oghene-Ronaldo.
grin
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by clemzo101(m): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2018
CR7
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by clemzo101(m): 7:46am On Sep 24, 2018
gentlegenius:

Griezeman comes to mind... That guy is a phenomenon. Perhaps, the most underrated performer out there.
stats don’t favor luka
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 24, 2018
Criis:
I stand with Luka

Like for Luka, Share for Ronnie boy

That Egyptian boy doesn't even deserve his top 3 slot, top 4? Yes
somebody with 50 goals don't deserve it but you want someone that just kick the ball around without doing any meaningful thing with it to win it
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Unluckrees(m): 7:48am On Sep 24, 2018
Congratulations in Advance to Luka Modric. He's The Best! Ronaldo will not even attend the ceremony.

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Badgers14: 7:49am On Sep 24, 2018
gentlegenius:

You are right.. I dunno why he didn't make it this far.

Mehn... we have all these fine players but Messi and C Ronaldo keep winning all the time. I am just sick of that, fresh breeze please, we need new face
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by oisujeh(m): 7:49am On Sep 24, 2018
The award is Modric's
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 24, 2018
uniqueboi:

Wetn C. Ronaldo chop weh him go take this one. My guy I have been saying it right from the start of the world cup. Luka Modric would scoop everything scoopable this year. Ronaldo and Messi no baff well.

LOL... OK naa
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Sanchez01: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2018
Tight call. It's FIFA's Best award. As much as I would want this to go to Ronaldo, the World Cup would be greatly considered here. Modric to win.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by alBHAGDADI: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2018
Messi fans are the ones rooting for Modric because they do the want Ronaldo to surpass their idol.

If Modric should win it, the it is a clear bias against Ronaldo. Which trophy did Modric win that Ronaldo didn't win? It's not as if he won the world cup. This is about individuality, and Ronaldo surpasses him with goals.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Sanchez01: 7:55am On Sep 24, 2018
9jayes:
MO SALAH

“The reason why I think Salah should win the award is because of the journey he has taken to achieve what he has .

“To come back to England after his disappointment with Chelsea and become the Premier League’s top scorer, as well as reach the Champions League final and lead his country to the World Cup for the first time in 28 years, is something unheard of.

“Furthermore, if FIFA were to look at the big picture and consider the hardships and culture barriers each player had to endure in the course of his career to reach this level, then Salah must win hands down.
MO Salah ko, KO Ileya ni.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by CoolAmbience(m): 7:56am On Sep 24, 2018
9jayes:
MO SALAH

“The reason why I think Salah should win the award is because of the journey he has taken to achieve what he has .

“To come back to England after his disappointment with Chelsea and become the Premier League’s top scorer, as well as reach the Champions League final and lead his country to the World Cup for the first time in 28 years, is something unheard of.

“Furthermore, if FIFA were to look at the big picture and consider the hardships and culture barriers each player had to endure in the course of his career to reach this level, then Salah must win hands down.

This is reasonable analysis for sure.

But my brother, no one deserves it more than Luka Modric.

I am almost certain that it will go to him. There can't be a better way to pay homage to such an amazingly talented and unassuming footballer.

Salah, no doubt, has been incredible...however, he's still has some years ahead of him to achieve his dreams. He's one of my most loved footballer ever, alongside the king himself, Lionel Messi.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by llORDofapes(m): 8:01am On Sep 24, 2018
Criis:
I stand with Luka
Like for Luka, Share for Ronnie boy
That Egyptian boy doesn't even deserve his top 3 slot, top 4? Yes
spotted.... A chelsea fan...
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by geezynoni: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2018
C ronaldo should win this,if modric wins then there's foul play.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by phizzy911(m): 8:03am On Sep 24, 2018
People Rooting for LM10 are just nothing but Biased, if u guys had followed up with the just concluded champions league u will know Modric was never influential in Madrid winning that champions league, surprisingly Luka won Uefa player of the year(All thanks to Madrid for Influencing the award to his favour cus they couldn't deal with the fact that CR7 had left them) when he LM10 attributed nothing to his teams champions league glory. IMO Modric only had a good Tournament at the world cup and not clubwise, CR7 still has a better assist ratio than LM10. So now tell me from an unbiased view why Luka should Win the Fifa world Player of the Year over CR7 who scored Virtually all the Vital goals for Madrid last season in general. Mind you he only had one assist in Champions league and six in La liga for Madrid last season.

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by marttol: 8:05am On Sep 24, 2018
wwwtortoise:
Who else will bag this prestigious award if not the same man who was controversially shown a red card 5days ago.
they are just being sentimental, we all know Ronaldo is winning
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by gentlegenius(m): 8:06am On Sep 24, 2018
Badgers14:

You are right.. I dunno why he didn't make it this far.

Mehn... we have all these fine players but Messi and C Ronaldo keep winning all the time. I am just sick of that, fresh breeze please, we need new face
Hmmm... Just like we have young, energetic, healthy people with fresh ideas in Nigeria but buhari keep seeking power every time. Aren't you tired?

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by cascarino(m): 8:08am On Sep 24, 2018
EVILFOREST:

Please ask him what SALAH has lifted so far...??
Ask him the trophy SALAH has carried,,,??
Some people type entirely with their fingers, forgetting it should synchronize with their upper centres
Oga, the award is not about who lifted the most trophy. Its mostly an award given based on individual performance (brilliance).if it's all about trophy then it should be given to Rafael Varane of France and Real Madrid who lifted both the World Cup and Champions League, the two biggest trophies in football.

Going by that Salah performed better than Messi last season. Salah scored a record 32 epl goals last season - which is unheard of since the inception of the premier league. Even the almighty CR7 could not do that during his premier league days despite taking more penalties than Salah.

On the other hand Messi scored 34 LA liga goals last season - which is not unusual considering the fact that the likes of Suarez, CR7, and even Messi himself have all scored above 40 LA Liga goals in recent seasons. But it's still quite impressive.

Coming to Champions League Salah netted 10 and took his team to the finals while Messi scored a paltry 6 and he was eliminated in the quarter finals along with his team. So, Salah performed better than Messi in the Champions League league last season.

Even the match against AS Roma last season clearly differentiated the duo. While Messi was totally anonymous in both legs as Roma humiliated Barcelona, Salah rose up to the occasion and scored two beautiful goals and provided a further two assists to take his team to the final last season.

While Salah is definitely not yet on the same level with Messi, his performance last season eclipsed that of the diminutive Argantian and as such his place in the FIFA best three is very much justified and well deserved QED.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by llORDofapes(m): 8:10am On Sep 24, 2018
All of u saying luka modric to win it... it will shock all of u... even messi deserves to be in the top 3 than modric.... after 45 goal last term and already over 5 goal this season.
somebody shud pls tell me a tangible thing modric did last season and is doing this season?
somepeople wud say world cup.... remember dat perisic, mandzukic also performed excellently.
at least they no win am.

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by extraswag007(m): 8:12am On Sep 24, 2018
9jayes:
MO SALAH

Bros na by vote, it's not FIFA's decision.
And nobody cares about the hardships or cultural barriers...
Let the best man Win.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by ofuonyebi: 8:13am On Sep 24, 2018
GIVE IT TO THE MAGIC-MAN OF WORLD SOCCER ...CR7!!!

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by kendrick93(m): 8:15am On Sep 24, 2018
cascarino:
Oga, the award is not about who lifted the most trophy. Its mostly an award given based on individual performance (brilliance).if it's all about trophy then it should be given to Rafael Varane of France and Real Madrid who lifted both the World Cup and Champions League, the two biggest trophies in football.

Going by that Salah performed better than Messi last season. Salah scored a record 32 epl goals last season - which is unheard of since the inception of the premier league. Even the almighty CR7 could not do that during his premier league days despite taking more penalties than Salah.

On the other hand Messi scored 34 LA liga goals last season - which is not unusual considering the fact that the likes of Suarez, CR7, and even Messi himself have all scored above 40 LA Liga goals in recent seasons. But it's still quite impressive.

Coming to Champions League Salah netted 10 and took his team to the finals while Messi scored a paltry 6 and he was eliminated in the quarter finals along with his team. So, Salah performed better than Messi in the Champions League league last season.

Even the match against AS Roma last season clearly differentiated the duo. While Messi was totally anonymous in both legs as Roma humiliated Barcelona, Salah rose up to the occasion and scored two beautiful goals and provided a further two assists to take his team to the final last season.

While Salah is definitely not yet on the same level with Messi, his performance last season eclipsed that of the diminutive Argantian and as such his place in the FIFA best three is very much justified and well deserved QED.
spot on..
personally though I think ronaldo deserves it followed by salah...modric wasn't as good individually as those two IMO...
but the world cup would sway it so I see why modric may clinch it
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 24, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

What that guy typed was not even his opinion; he copied it from www.goal.com
Don’t mind him

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by candygist: 8:25am On Sep 24, 2018
9jayes:
MO SALAH

Baseless

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 24, 2018
cascarino:

PLEASE, I have a question
Are you clearly telling me that if they keep, SALAH and MESSI, you will judiciously go for SALAH...
That’s if you are asked to BUY one of these 2 players...

2 Likes

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by ezigr8(m): 8:30am On Sep 24, 2018
cr7 that could not win UEFA player want to win World Best when the golden boy Modric is there.
Like it or not Modric gat this one. Otherwise FIFA is shit then
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by grandstar(m): 8:31am On Sep 24, 2018
9jayes:
MO SALAH

Unfortunately, FIFA does not decide the winner but hundreds of coaches, pundits etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Messi Wanted Me To Take It - Mbappe On Decision To Take Penalty / Super Eagles Players Rock T-shirt With Carl Ikeme's Face On It To Show Him Suppo / My Mother Was In Tears After I Received Racist Abuse - Tammy Abraham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.